The Blue Line

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.

Re: EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Postby Monette » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:03 pm

It perhaps only me, but I found it less fluid than the EHM UK 2007 Editor,
Sound weird...
Monette
Prospect

Postby PeakyBlinder » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Walkinson70 wrote:Hello again!

I don't know has it been fixed but i get this stuff about "active leaders" etc. where players have unrealistic amounts of stats. For example there would be players who have over 3000 career NHL games. This does not do any harm but AHL has veteran player limit of max 5 "Veteran players with over 360 pro games" and every single player has the "V" marker on him (with the exception of goalies). This kinda makes me upset.

Is there any help/fix to this issue?.

I am using an unedited version of the 9,5 Roster update.

It's just a bug from using the more recent version of the actual editor. Don't think there's a fix, everyone has the same problem.
PeakyBlinder
Junior League

Postby Walkinson70 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:26 pm

PeakyBlinder wrote:

I don't know has it been fixed but i get this stuff about "active leaders" etc. where players have unrealistic amounts of stats. For example there would be players who have over 3000 career NHL games. This does not do any harm but AHL has veteran player limit of max 5 "Veteran players with over 360 pro games" and every single player has the "V" marker on him (with the exception of goalies). This kinda makes me upset.

It's just a bug from using the more recent version of the actual editor. Don't think there's a fix, everyone has the same problem.

daaaamn ](*,) the only problem is that the player restrictions (which are ok but are working badly against everything cause of the bug in player stats) kinda ruin the gaming experience cause the AHL/ECHL etc affiliate teams have to play with like 2 full lineups and there is tons of forfeit matches cause of fatigue based in-game injuries :(
Walkinson70
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Walkinson70 wrote:
PeakyBlinder wrote:

daaaamn ](*,) the only problem is that the player restrictions (which are ok but are working badly against everything cause of the bug in player stats) kinda ruin the gaming experience cause the AHL/ECHL etc affiliate teams have to play with like 2 full lineups and there is tons of forfeit matches cause of fatigue based in-game injuries :(

Can you give me an example of an affected player?
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Postby archibalduk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Monette wrote:It perhaps only me, but I found it less fluid than the EHM UK 2007 Editor,
Sound weird...

Is there anything you find particularly less fluid? I'm all for making the Editor easier to use.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby PeakyBlinder » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:33 am

Seems like there's way to many quotes to reply to your previous comment, oh well.

Disregard the 98/99 player pictures.
PeakyBlinder
Junior League

Postby scafe18 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:07 am

<SNIP>

Admin Note: Please do not post the same question in multiple threads.
scafe18
Junior League

Postby Tirael8112 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 am

Hey guys !

I want to move some players and staff, its possible to do it with the EHM Editor ? Thats work well with the database but I want to move players in the save file. That doesnt work. Its normal ?

Thanks!
Tirael8112
Learning to skate

Postby BulldogsFan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:15 am

To edit a players rights to a specific team say like NHL rights who doesn't play in the NHL can i use the ehm editor v0.1.2 or do I have to go and use the pre game editor for that?
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect

Postby xECK29x » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:23 pm

xECK29x wrote:
xECK29x wrote:Unfortunately I am still having the same issue with the new roster.

Tried the following:
1) Un-retiring the original "Scott Gomez" I created and assigned him as a Coach of the Islanders.
2) Creating a new "Scott Gomez" with the same attributes and assigning him as a Coach of the Islanders.

Same error for both, I can share my DB. I am also not able to delete either of them, have to keep them in 'retired' status.

Thanks!

archibalduk wrote:Could you upload both your "before" and your "after" DB? So the copy of the DB before you added Scott Gomez and after you made your changes.

Uploaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

The 'before' roster is a back up from a few days before, the after will have substantial changes, FYI.

Archi,

Any luck in trying to squash this bug? Any other data you need from me? This happens also when changing an active player to a non-player coach (Ex: Trying to make Sheldon Brookbank a Coach for Rockford).
xECK29x
Junior League

Postby BulldogsFan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:04 am

To edit the cap i know its the cfg file but in a save can it be edited with the save editor or do I have to restart my file?
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect

Postby Townsy17 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi, quick question:

I'm trying to add some more World Championship divisions so that more countries could have a chance to be promoted, and maybe even make the Olympics. However, when I created a 'WC-D4' division in the 'Club Competitions' screen (which worked fine), the division didn't show up under the 'Rules & Structures' tab. I couldn't link the league to the promotion/relegation system the WC's use, as it didn't even show up as an option. Do I need to save the game after creating the division and then adjust the rules and structures afterwards, or is there something I'm missing? Thanks
Townsy17
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:41 pm

It's a bug with the Editor. Basically, the various lists of clubs/leagues/etc are not showing newly created items because the underlying data model is not being refresh (but it is on the main editing screen). I need to look at why those models are not refreshing. As an interim fix, I'm adding a "Refresh" button to each pop-up window so that the model can be manually refreshed whilst I figure out the root cause of the issue.

In the meantime, just save your DB and then reload the Editor. It will then appear in the list.

Note that I recall Riz saying it is not currently possible to add extra playable international leagues. So you might find that your game will crash and/or Division 4 will not appear in game.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby archibalduk » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:44 pm

BulldogsFan wrote:To edit the cap i know its the cfg file but in a save can it be edited with the save editor or do I have to restart my file?

I'm afraid you have to restart your game.

I guess you could try editing the Finance Info tab in the Editor but I don't know if it works for saved games.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby archibalduk » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:45 pm

xECK29x wrote:Archi,

Any luck in trying to squash this bug? Any other data you need from me? This happens also when changing an active player to a non-player coach (Ex: Trying to make Sheldon Brookbank a Coach for Rockford).

I'm afraid I still haven't gotten to the cause of this. I lost 9 days because I had various issues updating my compiler/development software and I was away last weekend. :-(

It is on my list and I haven't forgotten about it. It's just been a slow week or so.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby Townsy17 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:47 pm

archibalduk wrote:It's a bug with the Editor. Basically, the various lists of clubs/leagues/etc are not showing newly created items because the underlying data model is not being refresh (but it is on the main editing screen). I need to look at why those models are not refreshing. As an interim fix, I'm adding a "Refresh" button to each pop-up window so that the model can be manually refreshed whilst I figure out the root cause of the issue.

In the meantime, just save your DB and then reload the Editor. It will then appear in the list.

Note that I recall Riz saying it is not currently possible to add extra playable international leagues. So you might find that your game will crash and/or Division 4 will not appear in game.

Thanks for the reply; will that be an option which appears in a further update? I'd like to see some lower-ranked national teams (whose ability to produce prospects I've upped in the editor) be able to eventually compete in high-ranked international competition. And is the extra international competition issue exclusive to add-ons to existing leagues like the World Championships, or will a new stand-alone competition (Asian Winter Games, Africa Cup, etc.) work?
Townsy17
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:08 pm

Townsy17 wrote:Thanks for the reply; will that be an option which appears in a further update? I'd like to see some lower-ranked national teams (whose ability to produce prospects I've upped in the editor) be able to eventually compete in high-ranked international competition. And is the extra international competition issue exclusive to add-ons to existing leagues like the World Championships, or will a new stand-alone competition (Asian Winter Games, Africa Cup, etc.) work?

I've no idea. You'd have to ask Riz.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby zbguy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:30 am

Townsy17 wrote:
archibalduk wrote:It's a bug with the Editor. Basically, the various lists of clubs/leagues/etc are not showing newly created items because the underlying data model is not being refresh (but it is on the main editing screen). I need to look at why those models are not refreshing. As an interim fix, I'm adding a "Refresh" button to each pop-up window so that the model can be manually refreshed whilst I figure out the root cause of the issue.

Thanks for the reply; will that be an option which appears in a further update? I'd like to see some lower-ranked national teams (whose ability to produce prospects I've upped in the editor) be able to eventually compete in high-ranked international competition. And is the extra international competition issue exclusive to add-ons to existing leagues like the World Championships, or will a new stand-alone competition (Asian Winter Games, Africa Cup, etc.) work?

Re: Int'l Leagues, it looks like they're hardcoded in certain respects. In one test I replaced the World Cup with a non-int'l playable league, and it worked fine, but a) the World Cup sim speed option was still in the configuration screen, and b) the new league's divisions were still marked Group A, Group B etc.

The most I've been able to do with regard to int'l leagues is add an extra group to the Olympic group stage. It's up to Riz if they're gonna be editable later down the road.
zbguy
Prospect

Postby Named » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:39 am

Editor seems having problems with scandinavian letters - ä, ö, Ø, å etc. while we import data from sheets. Even is it in Name, Surname, City etc. we get No Match and must do some things manually.
Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby Hypnotist » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:57 am

Is there a guide or tutorial available for the EHM 1 Editor? I found the one for mass editing for purposes of revising databases and the like. I'm just trying to add contracts to free agent non-players for testing purposes. I can add the contracts to the record and on the individual's in-game page it correctly displays the proper team and contact details but they will not show up on the Personnel page, Scouting pages (for scouts) nor will AGMs give a Report.
Hypnotist
Checking Line

Postby NHL19 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:17 am

Can anyone help med?? What can i do?
http://imgur.com/pqyNxdw
NHL19
Junior League

Postby jonathanorjas » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 am

NHL19 wrote:Can anyone help med?? What can i do?

You need to uncompress the save in the game settings.
jonathanorjas
Junior League

Postby Fredlig » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Named wrote:I think we really need an additional screen with list of last changes in db. archi its possible to add something like that? I did several changes today and something fluffed db. I must check all list of probably things on other version of db and seems with club screen something is wrong. Summarize:

- if we add new club (without nation) to some league (for example newly created in Club Competition screen Latvia2) it crashes db forever. Even we add/remove later nation to team and add/remove them from league. I think colours in club screen on important settings would be welcome :?
- I observed on club screen if we change club league/division it created sometimes duplicate of club. For me appears a moment Zambia U20 then disappear and on above and this thing i received similar error in game.

Did the same, and it is impossible to restore the order with the NT and NTu20. Zimbabwe keeps adding duplicates, or removing. Can't restore the Db, anyone find out how to solve this problem. please quote me ;)
Fredlig
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby Alessandro » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:51 pm

The only thing is to take very frequently backups for now...
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby NHL19 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm

jonathanorjas wrote:
NHL19 wrote:Can anyone help med?? What can i do?

You need to uncompress the save in the game settings.

Thank you Bud! :thup:
NHL19
Junior League

PreviousNext

Return to Data Editing Forum