The Blue Line

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.

Re: EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Postby archibalduk » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:03 pm

I have fixed a most of the bugs reported and they all relate to the changes I made in order to improve the speed and stability of spreadsheet loading/saving. I'm just looking at the Declared Nation issue and then I'll take a look at the apparent crash when creating non-players.

EDIT: Declared Nationality issue now fixed. Also fixed a bug where Salary/Value of staff could be overwritten with negative numbers when the cell is left blank in the Importer spreadsheet.
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Postby BKarchitect » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:21 pm

:notworthy:
BKarchitect
Minor League

Postby Manimal » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:04 am

I've finally started to use this new editor. It is nice and good but for the kind of research I do(mostly North American transactions and such) there are things lacking for me.
I'm sure I'll find all the new stuff greater as my work progresses but I miss filters and a way to change player rights with a spreadsheet
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  4 

Postby archibalduk » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:09 am

Filters are next on my list once I get the next release out. I'd have done it sooner if it hadn't been for all of these recent bugs. :-( Player rights, draft history and competition winner history are all at the top of my list too. After that, I want to tidy-up the UI a little and sort out the settings/control panel.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby Manimal » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:51 am

archibalduk wrote:Filters are next on my list once I get the next release out. I'd have done it sooner if it hadn't been for all of these recent bugs. :-( Player rights, draft history and competition winner history are all at the top of my list too. After that, I want to tidy-up the UI a little and sort out the settings/control panel.

Sounds great!
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team

Postby Alessandro » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:18 pm

archibalduk wrote:Filters are next on my list once I get the next release out. I'd have done it sooner if it hadn't been for all of these recent bugs. :-( Player rights, draft history and competition winner history are all at the top of my list too. After that, I want to tidy-up the UI a little and sort out the settings/control panel.

Well, to be honest, at this point I'm almost done with drafts, so we can say that more or less we don't need it for one year. Just focus on other things for now, to have it done for next spring.
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby archibalduk » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Great Imp wrote:Hi,
first, thank you Archie for this awesome editor! I am very grateful:)
I used your Updater from the 2007 EHM as well, so I am a little familiar with the import sheets. I can create new players with the spreadsheet importer, and all works fine. But when I use the importer function for Non-Players, I get a crash. The staff is getting created, but when I click on this person, EHM just stops working. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
I use the editor (0.2.1) in admin mode
I use the proper notation like : a - first name - second name and Nationality, Classification, Job for Club in the respective columns.
Is there a minimum requirement for columns to be filled?
Thank you very much

Edit 1: I used a xlsx Excel file and I only have problems with free agent non-players. When I assign staff to Clubs everything works fine

I have been struggling to find anything anomalous with the data. There are existing free agent non-players in the database which are fine.

The only thing I can see is that the staff and names tables are not in the correct order. Maybe that's the issue. It will take quite a lot of work to get the data re-ordering up and running as the names and staff tables are used in a lot of places - so it'll be one for the release after today's release.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby Manimal » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Alessandro wrote:

Well, to be honest, at this point I'm almost done with drafts, so we can say that more or less we don't need it for one year. Just focus on other things for now, to have it done for next spring.

Not quite. We have the three major junior drafts that are not yet added. Lots of players there that will need rights
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team

Postby Alessandro » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Manimal wrote:
Alessandro wrote:

Not quite. We have the three major junior drafts that are not yet added. Lots of players there that will need rights

I meant draft history importing. We don't have the manforce to add full draft histories for QMJHL/WHL/OHL anyways.
Mass editing of rights, instead, should be high on the priority, yes. More than competition winners, imho, there are not too many comps that need it actually added and I already added myself most of them.
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby archibalduk » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Here is the new version (v0.2.2): viewtopic.php?f=148&t=16014&p=228996#p206841

This is mostly just a minor release to fix various bugs (most of which relate to the change in spreadsheet processing I made in the previous release). Note that I have not yet fixed the issue with newly created free agent non-players crashing in-game (when trying to view their profile). I think it relates to the ordering of the tables and will look at this for the next release - it will involve a fair bit of work.

I also added a 'Tools' menu to each editing screen which I plan to expand with future releases. For now, it shows an 'Importer Text' item which should give you an idea of how the name should appear in an Importer spreadsheet (but note that the Players/Non-Players/Officials screens show the name in reverse order and with an additional underscore - I'll have a think on how best to tidy this up). If you find that a club/competition/player/non-player name is not working when you try to enter it into an Importer spreadsheet (i.e. the No Match error) then the 'Importer Text' item on the 'Tools' menu should give you an idea of where you are going wrong (or if there is a bug with the Editor's processing of that name). The name should appear in the 'Tool's menu without any accents and without any weird characters or question marks.

CHANGELIST: VERSION 0.2.2 (16-Jul-2017)

New Features:

• Added Tools menu to each editing screen (currently only shows Importer-style text).

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed bug with certain blank cells being imported numbers (e.g. Salary, Value, Ability, Reputation and Stanley Cups Won);
  • Fixed bug with Declared Nationality not being correctly imported when using the Staff Importer;
  • Fixed bug with the final column of CSV and XML files being incorrectly parsed (new line escape characters are now stripped from every CSV and XML cell);
  • Fixed bug with XML header data being ignored, resulting in the Importer being unable to identify the file; and
  • Fixed potential issue with certain accented letters not being correctly read from CSV.

Known Limitations and Bugs:
If you encounter an issue which is not listed below then please do report it here: viewtopic.php?f=110&t=14290

• Adding free agent non-players causes a crash in-game when trying to view their profile;
  • Certain screens are rather messy and need to be tidied up;
  • Exporting large spreadsheets using XLSX spreadsheet format can result in a crash;
  • There is no option to select non-CSV spreadsheet import templates at present;
  • The Import Spreadsheet and Export Spreadsheet icons are very similar (I will change these);
  • There is a slight pause halfway through the loading the database where no dialog window is displayed;
  • Certain of the club records in the Editor do not match what is displayed in game and there is one unknown record type;
  • Club Division Level flags should be displayed as a text input rather than a drop-down menu;
  • EHM 2005 to 2007 conversion results in two error messages when importing in EHM 1 relating to the number of AHL and ECHL teams;
  • EHM 2004 support not fully operational;
  • EHM 2005-2007 support is experimental;
  • Exporting Model Data as XLSX format sometimes results in an invalid spreadsheet file;
  • Not all data can be deleted yet (an error message will be displayed where this is not possible);
  • The mouse cursor does not change when hovering over certain editing fields which makes certain tasks, such as editing Club Contracted/Playing For, not immediately obvious (the field should be clicked on in order to display the selection dialog window);
  • The improved table display has not yet been rolled out to all tables/screens;
  • Table column widths have not yet been set (and will frequently appear too narrow/small);
  • Certain icons could be improved/replaced;
  • Drop-down menus are all sorted alphabetically which is not always appropriate;
  • Set a non-player's Nation Contract is completely untested and may cause a crash;
  • Altering club competition names do not carry across the various editing screens; and
  • The editor text settings do not currently work.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby jjms » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi,

I have created my own database with Vegas on it, but I have one huge problem. I have tried million times add Patrik Sharp to the Chicago Blackhawks with 750 000AAV Salary but he always ends up with 5,3mil AAV. And I have tried many times. What could be the problem? I have succesfully added other players to their current teams and salaries but Patrik Sharp just won't accept this :dunno:
jjms
Junior League

Postby BKarchitect » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 pm

jjms wrote:Hi,

I have created my own database with Vegas on it, but I have one huge problem. I have tried million times add Patrik Sharp to the Chicago Blackhawks with 750 000AAV Salary but he always ends up with 5,3mil AAV. And I have tried many times. What could be the problem? I have succesfully added other players to their current teams and salaries but Patrik Sharp just won't accept this :dunno:

Was he on Dallas before and is now showing up properly on Chicago in the game, it's just that you can't get the contract to read correctly? The editor says $750,000 in the salary field? Have you looked into the extra_config file to make sure there is not some sort of extension or transfer involving Sharp programmed in there? That will override anything you do in the editor. But it seems unlikely - especially if Sharp is on Chicago now because even if he had an old extra_config setting it probably would have been with him on Dallas so the game would no longer read it.
BKarchitect
Minor League

Postby jjms » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Yes he was on Dallas and is now with Chicago when I transferred him there, so he is showing in correct team but the salary is just wrong. There is no extension or anything else on extra_config on him and the salary on editor shows whatever I type there. I have tried many different salary options too, and currently I have him on 1 million on editor but when I create a new game there he is again at 5,3mill AAV (I Think it is the value of his former contract with Dallas).
jjms
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Named wrote:Hello
Would be a big problem for You if in exported sheets we will back to display player roles like previously with for example d_standard? I think it will be more clear and easier to filter. :)

Best regards

I'll look into it. But please keep messages regarding the Editor in this thread rather than PM - I keep getting barraged with messages.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby zbguy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:03 am

Hi Archi, thanks for the new version. Can I infer from the new tools menu that you'll be expanding on the kinds of things that can be imported with the editor? I'm still holding out hope that we'll be able to import cities en masse rather than manually add them. Thanks again
zbguy
Prospect

Display Issues When Trying To Use EHM Editor

Postby SetzingersCat » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi,

I've recently bought a new laptop and I'm having a bit of an issue being able to use the editor. It loads up absolutely fine, I can search on it and all that jazz. The issue is, that the dropdowns and data boxes have, erm, well... kinda merged together. Does anyone have any ideas how I get around this please?

Any help much appreciated!

SetzingersCat
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:40 pm

What is your screen resolution? Assuming your window is maximised, it looks like your resolution is too small.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby SetzingersCat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:32 am

It was in a window, I don't like running EHM or the editor in full-screen. My resolution is 1920x1080, surely that can't be too small?

*EDIT*

I've fixed it now. My scaling was a bit off in my display settings. Schoolboy error!
SetzingersCat
Junior League

Postby wildcat62 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Any way to mass-delete staff history like was possible in the old updater?
wildcat62
Junior League

Postby xECK29x » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Confirming v0.2.2 fixed my issue when creating new non-player staff! Thanks Archi!!!
xECK29x
Junior League

Postby GoldenCobraSVK » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi, can I sign free agent to team in saved game? because when I add him contract with team, he has contract, but game ignores it. thanks
GoldenCobraSVK
Junior League

Postby jjms » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:41 am

What's up with Patrik Sharp? I just realised that he has 5,4mill/cap hit on the new TBL-beta rosters too. His salary is unchangable. Chicago cant afford that deal :(
jjms
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:58 am

zbguy wrote:Hi Archi, thanks for the new version. Can I infer from the new tools menu that you'll be expanding on the kinds of things that can be imported with the editor? I'm still holding out hope that we'll be able to import cities en masse rather than manually add them. Thanks again

The 'Tools' menu will be for carrying out editing functions on the selected entry and possibly also mass editing. The 'Import From Spreadsheet' button is where data import options will be added.

wildcat62 wrote:Any way to mass-delete staff history like was possible in the old updater?

No, not at the moment.

xECK29x wrote:Confirming v0.2.2 fixed my issue when creating new non-player staff! Thanks Archi!!!

Excellent! I had hoped that would be the case. Thanks for confirming. :thup:

GoldenCobraSVK wrote:Hi, can I sign free agent to team in saved game? because when I add him contract with team, he has contract, but game ignores it. thanks

You cannot edit contract data or move players in a saved game using the Editor.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby Manimal » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:44 pm

jjms wrote:What's up with Patrik Sharp? I just realised that he has 5,4mill/cap hit on the new TBL-beta rosters too. His salary is unchangable. Chicago cant afford that deal :(

Change your currency to US dollar and his salary will be fine.
5.4 million SEK
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team

Postby Alessandro » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:39 am

Manimal wrote:
jjms wrote:What's up with Patrik Sharp? I just realised that he has 5,4mill/cap hit on the new TBL-beta rosters too. His salary is unchangable. Chicago cant afford that deal :(

Change your currency to US dollar and his salary will be fine.
5.4 million SEK

It was due to reputation. I adjusted his rep and fixed it.
Thank you jjms for the heads up.
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

PreviousNext

Return to Data Editing Forum