The Blue Line

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.

Re: EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Postby Named » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:19 pm

I wait for that draft history to test it. Thanks.
Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby DarkSlimus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:31 pm

thanks Archi, sorted option are a must have.It's exactly what kind of things I have in mind when I say you about the schedules :

I understand you have other things to develop for the editor, he is really great and I know you can improve it more and make an automation for schedule is secondary

do you read in my mind? :-D
DarkSlimus
Junior League

Postby kevistar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:14 am

archibalduk wrote:
The spreadsheet is fine with me except for one issue (which is a bug with the Editor - I'll fix this for the next release): It does not like the "Unrecognised value" items in the Nation Contracted column (Column R). If you delete all of the text in Column R then this will fix it (i.e. so that Column R is blank).

Edit: I have moved the posts about schedules to the correct thread.

Hi, sorry to bother you again, although i still have the same error "all rows don't match" and this tims it says birth city in the error coloumn. it looks like for each row

staffclub contractedclub playingerrors
No matchNo matchNo matchbirth city

i tried the same thing that you told me to do with the R column and it still doesn't work. I tried to change the column name from birth town -> birth city, but didn't work either.
kevistar
Junior League

Postby Named » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:36 am

I'm curious, would it be possible to add in editor screen of draft history similar to like it is in game? It would be easier to not checking it game what is missing. I mean filtering for example:

Sections: OHL / WHL / QMJHL / NHL
Years: 2016 / 2015 / 2014 ...
Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby archibalduk » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:30 pm

That's a good idea. I'll add it to my to-do list. :thup:
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Postby archibalduk » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 pm

kevistar wrote:
archibalduk wrote:
The spreadsheet is fine with me except for one issue (which is a bug with the Editor - I'll fix this for the next release): It does not like the "Unrecognised value" items in the Nation Contracted column (Column R). If you delete all of the text in Column R then this will fix it (i.e. so that Column R is blank).

Edit: I have moved the posts about schedules to the correct thread.

Hi, sorry to bother you again, although i still have the same error "all rows don't match" and this tims it says birth city in the error coloumn. it looks like for each row

staffclub contractedclub playingerrors
No matchNo matchNo matchbirth city

i tried the same thing that you told me to do with the R column and it still doesn't work. I tried to change the column name from birth town -> birth city, but didn't work either.

It sounds like you're trying to import a spreadsheet into a database where the players, clubs and cities do not exist. Is that the case? If not, can you upload a copy of your database?
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby kevistar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:32 am

It sounds like you're trying to import a spreadsheet into a database where the players, clubs and cities do not exist. Is that the case? If not, can you upload a copy of your database?

Maybe it is because i change one of team names. However, i did make sure that i changed the club name before I import the spreadsheet. So i upload the database i want to import to and the other one that i want to export the spreadsheet.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xOZCUZKpL2AciYmwrL3kPOVBjJiFUFc6
kevistar
Junior League

Postby kevistar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:17 am

Finally i figure it out on my own. Actually it wasn't my spreadsheet the problem, it was actually the editor settings that wasn't set the right way.

Thanks you very much for your patience and your time archibalduk. :thup:
kevistar
Junior League

Postby Atlant » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:13 am

Hello my friends. I have a problem. When i am in staff list(at any team). It is empty((( Work in progress. Screen to be added

What can i do?
Atlant
Learning to skate

Postby archibalduk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:54 pm

kevistar wrote:Finally i figure it out on my own. Actually it wasn't my spreadsheet the problem, it was actually the editor settings that wasn't set the right way.

I'm glad you got it working! Out of curiosity, what was the setting that was causing the problem?

Atlant wrote:Hello my friends. I have a problem. When i am in staff list(at any team). It is empty((( Work in progress. Screen to be added

What can i do?

I'm not sure if I am understanding your question correctly, but it's a case of waiting until I create the screen.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby Atlant » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:00 pm

archibalduk wrote:
kevistar wrote:Finally i figure it out on my own. Actually it wasn't my spreadsheet the problem, it was actually the editor settings that wasn't set the right way.

I'm glad you got it working! Out of curiosity, what was the setting that was causing the problem?

Atlant wrote:Hello my friends. I have a problem. When i am in staff list(at any team). It is empty((( Work in progress. Screen to be added

What can i do?

I'm not sure if I am understanding your question correctly, but it's a case of waiting until I create the screen.

I think you understand me) How soon u will release nev version 0.2.4?
Atlant
Learning to skate

Postby archibalduk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm not sure. It depends on how much free time I have. Hopefully before January.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby kevistar » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:20 am

Actually, in the import menu, there is a bunch of checkbox button to the right that represent, i think, the format of the spreadsheet you're importing. In my case, all of the checkbox were unchecked.
kevistar
Junior League

Postby A309GFD » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi there,

Need a some help here. I have (I think) everything downloaded and working but when I save and then try & use I cannot see the file when placed in the correct common folder. When I have previously managed to get it to see and load it up for a new game it freezes during the configuring part where it says "Initilizing game data" and the program crashes .... I have to be doing something really wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help

John
A309GFD
Learning to skate

Postby archibalduk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Hey John. Welcome to TBL!

I am assuming by reference to the "common" folder you mean the "database" folder within the EHM installation folder and that you have created a sub-folder within that for your custom database - e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Eastside Hockey Manager\data\database\JohnsDatabase\database.db

It's hard to say what the cause of the crash is without knowing what you edited. Can you give us an idea of this?
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby A309GFD » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi there, thanks for replying, the only things I edited were team reputations / money / attendances and player attributes /potential and signing / releasing players. I didn't do anything that altered with league structures or competition play or even moved teams around divisions.

Thanks for any help!

John
A309GFD
Learning to skate

Postby A309GFD » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Just screen dumped what I get, how is best to post this or send it? I checked and the file path you put in your reply is exactly what I have used to make sure.
A309GFD
Learning to skate

Postby archibalduk » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:25 pm

A309GFD wrote:Hi there, thanks for replying, the only things I edited were team reputations / money / attendances and player attributes /potential and signing / releasing players. I didn't do anything that altered with league structures or competition play or even moved teams around divisions.

Thanks for any help!

John

None of what you list should result in any crash/error. All I can think of is that making non-players a free agent and/or adding a new non-player to a club can cause a crash (I can't remember which way round it is). This particular issue is something I'll be working on shortly. But that's not to say this is the issue you are encountering.

A309GFD wrote:Just screen dumped what I get, how is best to post this or send it? I checked and the file path you put in your reply is exactly what I have used to make sure.

Just post it within [ img ][/ img ] tags in this thread.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby BKarchitect » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:08 pm

Oooo...thanks for the new Editor version, archi - this one is a pretty significant update!
BKarchitect
Fringe Player

Postby archibalduk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 am

You're welcome. :) I hope it comes in handy for your NHL 36 project. If there's anything you think the Editor could do to help make your work easier then let me know and I'll see if I can add it to my to-do list.

So here is the link to version 0.2.4 of the Editor: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=16014

Something important to note is the that Editor now automatically deletes player career history which is not linked to a player or non-player and it re-orders the data so that it is in the correct order. You might find that the database initially loads quiet slowly when you open it in the new version of the Editor because there will be a lot of un-linked data to delete. This is just a one-off delay and you will find that the next time you save or load that database it should load as quickly as before. In other words, the Editor is just tidying-up an accumulation of superfluous player career histories.

The main changes are as follows:

1. Filtering
This involved a fair bit of behind the scenes reorganisation/re-design which is why I have only added some basic filtering to begin with. I will be rolling out some more advanced filtering to the other screens over the next few releases. The Club and League editing screens are likely to be the next ones I'll work on. I also need to add the filters to the pop-up dialogue windows that appear.

2. Player Rights Importing
As usual, to create the appropriate template, click on Tools -> Import Spreadsheet -> Create Templates. You'll then have the appropriate player_rights spreadsheet which you can then populate and import via the same screen in the Editor.

The Editor will not allow you to have more than one team having rights to a player per league. If you try to add rights to another team in a league for a particular player then it'll just overwrite the existing rights. For example, if you wanted to move the NHL rights to a particular player from one team to another, just enter the player's name and DOB along with "National Hockey League" as the League and then enter the new team in the Team column.

To delete the rights to a player, just enter "_none" as the team name. For example, if you wanted to remove the NHL rights to a particular player, just enter the player's name and DOB along with "National Hockey League" as the League and then enter "_none" in the Team column.

3. Draft History Importing
As usual, to create the appropriate template, click on Tools -> Import Spreadsheet -> Create Templates. You'll then have the appropriate draft_history spreadsheet which you can then populate and import via the same screen in the Editor.

This works in a very similar to the Player Rights importing described above. A player can only be picked once per draft per year. So if you try to add more than one draft pick from the same year and draft for a player, it'll just edit your existing entry. There is of course nothing stopping you from adding more than one pick from a particular draft for a player provided they relate to different year.

To delete a draft pick, set the Team column to "none" along with the name and DOB of the player and the draft and year in question.

4. Import Improvements
Having spent the summer working on the UK research, I've come across a few things I thought could be done better. Most of these relate to making the Editor more forgiving when trying to match up data in the database (so that few errors are encountering when importing spreadsheets. These include:

- First name synonyms. This will check for alternative spellings of first names in order to try and compensate for differences between what is in the database and what is in the spreadsheet. An example is Evgeni Malkin whose first name can also be spelled as Yevgeni. The Editor will now accept both forms (along with a few others) and will successfully match up with the correct player. I was thinking about expanding this to surnames too, but I think this might go a bit to far and result in us matching up the wrong people. I really could do some help with compiling a list of alternative names in order to improve this function - see here: viewtopic.php?f=110&t=18711

- Full stops/periods in names are now ignored. So you can enter "st adolphe:mb:can" instead of "st. adolphe:mb:can" and "pk subban" instead of "p.k. subban". But you can of course leave the full stops in if you prefer (it doesn't matter which approach you take).

- Accidental spaces before or after a name in the database or spreadsheet will be ignored. So if you accidentally leave a space after a club name in a spreadsheet, the Editor will ignore that space.

- More flexibility with dates. Invalid dates such as 0.0.0 and 0.0.2000 will be treated as 1.2.1900 when editing a player.

- Cells with "[Unrecognised value ...]" will just be ignored. This means that you can import a research sheet without having to first delete all of those cells with the "[Unrecognised value ...]" text.

5. UI Improvements
Just some minor improvements such as (1) setting a person's Club Contracted will automatically copy over to his Club Playing, (2) adding a new row to various of the tables in the Editor will automatically open a pop-up dialogue window so that you can set the item right away and (3) clubs with have a league set but have no nation are now highlighted in yellow in the navigation list (a club which has no nationality set and which is in a playable league will cause EHM to crash when starting a new game).
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby BKarchitect » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:12 am

Archi - any way we can get an affiliations import function? If you look in my NHL36 thread, I've got this idea to create these customized versions of my database that would, with a few clicks in the editor, allow for a completely different 36-team league experience. I think I can accomplish most everything with importing club information but the one stumbling block is affiliations which, correct me if I am wrong, cannot be exported/imported at this point in time.
BKarchitect
Fringe Player

Postby archibalduk » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Sure thing - I'll add it to the next release. :thup:
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby archibalduk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:06 am

I have ironed out the remaining issues with the EHM 2005 conversion and now have the original EHM 2005 database up and running in EHM 1! :joy: I haven't done much simming yet, but it's looking pretty good to so far (using the 2006 rule set of course).

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby BKarchitect » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:20 am

Sounds cool archi!

Hey one more "kink" I've run into with my attempt to have one updatable database for NHL36 that can then be modified by users with import files...

If you go into my NHL36 thread, I've gotten these other teams setup so they can be added simply be doing a team import file. But there is still an issue because while the team division info is updated, it doesn't update the league structure to match. You have to do that manually or the game crashes. It only takes a few minutes per each "flavor" of the database to do but any chance the editor can ever "tie" the league structure info automatically to team division info or, that being impossible, being able to export/import detailed league structures as XLS files?

THanks!
BKarchitect
Fringe Player

Postby archibalduk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:30 am

It would certainly be possible but it would take some thinking about. Let me have a think about how that might be done without wrecking havoc with the league structures. I think the easiest thing would be to import/export via XLSX per your second suggestion. :-k
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

PreviousNext

Return to Data Editing Forum