The Blue Line

Editing league rules and structures in EHM 1

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.

Re: Editing league rules and structures in EHM 1

Postby andda715 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:39 pm

Named wrote:I think problem is that You created in HE NE and HE SW as different leagues. Did You get any teams picked for Stage 3 in both leagues?

Yes, team picking works perfectly in the following scenarios:

(Stage 1) HEW, top 4 --> AES (Stage 3)
(Stage 2) HES, top 4 --> AES (Stage 3)
(Stage 1) HEW, bottom 8 --> HEW Spring (Stage 4)
(Stage 2) HES, bottom 8 --> HES Spring (Stage 5)

For HEN I have only done AEN and not the spring versions (but they are symmetrically identical so should be trivial).
What doesn't work is:

(Stage 3 HE SW) AES, top 2 --> HA Relegation (Stage 2, with 2+2+2 teams)
(Stage 3 HE NE) AEN, top 2 --> HA Relegation
(Stage 1) HA, bottom 2 --> HA Relegation

What does almost work, where almost is that wrong teams are picked (bottom instead of top 4) :-D :dunno:

(Stage 3) AES, top 4 --> HA Relegation (Stage 2, with 2+4 teams)

With that setup HA Relegation is picked and runs correctly.
Haven't been able to test promotion/relegation aspects yet though (in both sims all teams managed to stay up... I probably have a save somewhere that I can reuse but haven't looked into it yet).

As above the main reason for separate HE SW and HE NE is an unfortunate bug.
But even if the bug is fixed it is pretty nice to only play e.g. SW as otherwise there are quite a lot of additional matches being scheduled that you might not be (that) interested in.

EDIT: I haven't yet looked into the various play-off features that goes between AES (non-winners) + HES Spring + HEW Spring --> HA Relegation yet.

EDIT2: Another weird issue I have found, most likely in my settings/configurations, is that for some reason HA Player of the Week is given to HE players during season. After season HA Awards are given to HE and HE to HA... :doh:
andda715
Junior League

Postby janks » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:04 pm

sensaa wrote:
janks wrote:What's the continental licence status for them in editor? Did you aply corrections regarding continental licence suggested by archi?

They are set to -none-, tried to put -invalid- but look like i can't and i don't know why.

Look like creating a new team from scratch put that team directly into the european champions cup group stage. I tried to add 3 teams to the Big 10 Conference and only these 3 teams appears in the ECC group stage, not the 6 teams already present in the BIG10, the only difference as far as i can see between them is former team have -invalid- continental licence and newly created can't have -invalid-.

I don't think so, where is that suggestion?

It's in EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor thread
janks
Prospect

Postby andda715 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:10 pm

EArk wrote:
andda715 wrote:Hi again,

Here is a version with working HE South, HE West, AE SW, HE South Spring, HE West Spring. :thup:

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/foSPRY1m/file.html

Promotion to/relegation from HA still fails when picking teams for some reason. :-?

I will send you a private messenger so that I can write in Swedish, which I assume that you speak

I have uploaded the same file here as well EArk, let me know if this site works. :-)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/l29buu
andda715
Junior League

Postby sensaa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:56 pm

janks wrote:
sensaa wrote:
janks wrote:What's the continental licence status for them in editor? Did you aply corrections regarding continental licence suggested by archi?

They are set to -none-, tried to put -invalid- but look like i can't and i don't know why.

Look like creating a new team from scratch put that team directly into the european champions cup group stage. I tried to add 3 teams to the Big 10 Conference and only these 3 teams appears in the ECC group stage, not the 6 teams already present in the BIG10, the only difference as far as i can see between them is former team have -invalid- continental licence and newly created can't have -invalid-.

I don't think so, where is that suggestion?

It's in EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor thread

:thup: I should have checked this thread too, my bad. Thanks :)
sensaa
Junior League

32 Team NHL/ NHL Expansion

Postby ironbucket » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Has anyone figured out a structure where we would be able to have a 32 team NHL? I want to start another play through but it feels like I lose some depth knowing that the league will be expanding to 31 teams in 2017 and will inevitably be expanding to a 32nd in the near future. Is there any way to either hold an expansion draft so that it is built into the season (similar to the way that the NBA 2k series does it) or any way to just start with the NHL at 32 teams for example maybe Vegas and Seattle added to the west to create balance.

Thanks all
ironbucket
Junior League

Postby EArk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 pm

andda715 wrote:
EArk wrote:
andda715 wrote:Hi again,

Here is a version with working HE South, HE West, AE SW, HE South Spring, HE West Spring. :thup:

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/foSPRY1m/file.html

Promotion to/relegation from HA still fails when picking teams for some reason. :-?

I will send you a private messenger so that I can write in Swedish, which I assume that you speak

I have uploaded the same file here as well EArk, let me know if this site works. :-)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/l29buu

Worked very good, thank you
EArk
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:56 pm

BKarchitect wrote:
Named wrote:I fixed this USHL problem with 2 stages didnt run together. I added value 4 on Stage 2 "Next upper stage to trigger" and it worked? We have working model of USHL. After we will get 1.4 update USHL will work better as junior teams will sign players. I have main question. Did You create USHL from beginning or copied any other league model? I uploaded database for working USHL. Also thanks for Alessandro minor fixes before.

http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/M9QrgxDZ/file.html

I started from a copy so that may be the issue. Thanks for the upload, I'll check it out to see what I did wrong. It might be just what you said, I'll try value 4 on stage 2 next upper stage to trigger. Thanks Named!

Thanks also Alessandro! Love that everybody is working together to figure things out!

Outstanding work! I am going to take a look at how you dealt with the conferences as that was the bit I was struggling with.

In case it is of any use, here is a schedule template I made when I was trying to create the USHL: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXFKQMOdPqgiCGs5lbc1YD_XEXp

The "Teams" tab shows how the numbers relate to the teams. You may have set yours up differently and so you may need to do some text searching and replacing to change things around. I have included two additional columns with "East x" and "West x" so you could search and replace using those.
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Postby BKarchitect » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:18 am

archibalduk wrote:
BKarchitect wrote:
Named wrote:I fixed this USHL problem with 2 stages didnt run together. I added value 4 on Stage 2 "Next upper stage to trigger" and it worked? We have working model of USHL. After we will get 1.4 update USHL will work better as junior teams will sign players. I have main question. Did You create USHL from beginning or copied any other league model? I uploaded database for working USHL. Also thanks for Alessandro minor fixes before.

http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/M9QrgxDZ/file.html

I started from a copy so that may be the issue. Thanks for the upload, I'll check it out to see what I did wrong. It might be just what you said, I'll try value 4 on stage 2 next upper stage to trigger. Thanks Named!

Thanks also Alessandro! Love that everybody is working together to figure things out!

Outstanding work! I am going to take a look at how you dealt with the conferences as that was the bit I was struggling with.

In case it is of any use, here is a schedule template I made when I was trying to create the USHL: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXFKQMOdPqgiCGs5lbc1YD_XEXp

The "Teams" tab shows how the numbers relate to the teams. You may have set yours up differently and so you may need to do some text searching and replacing to change things around. I have included two additional columns with "East x" and "West x" so you could search and replace using those.

I did what you suggested earlier for my USHL schedule template and just took their real USHL schedule, imported into Excel, rearranged the date format and did find/replace for numbers instead of teams and imported into the editor...it was good practice and surprisingly straightforward. Any league that actually has a schedule - I can see now how the template actually makes it a far less scary proposition than it seems to generate a working schedule in EHM.

I think I read a person or two starting to dabble in NCAA stuff like above...that will be really interesting and a true challenge. I assume you would probably create an entire league called "NCAA" or "NCAA D1" and then the conferences would be the divisions. You'd have to then create some sort of master schedule based on all the various conference schedules...and not every conference plays the same amount of games. And then for the tournament "playoff"...I'm not sure you could actually do at large bids? Right now the 16 teams are composed of the 6 D1 Conference champs (which is simple enough I guess - division winners) but then 10 at-large teams. I'm hoping by using different fate rules you could at least simulate a playoff field of 16 chosen from 6 conference "divisions"?
BKarchitect
Minor League

Re: 32 Team NHL/ NHL Expansion

Postby BKarchitect » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:25 am

ironbucket wrote:Has anyone figured out a structure where we would be able to have a 32 team NHL? I want to start another play through but it feels like I lose some depth knowing that the league will be expanding to 31 teams in 2017 and will inevitably be expanding to a 32nd in the near future. Is there any way to either hold an expansion draft so that it is built into the season (similar to the way that the NBA 2k series does it) or any way to just start with the NHL at 32 teams for example maybe Vegas and Seattle added to the west to create balance.

Thanks all

It would be pretty simple once you have a schedule template (and alternate template) generated. I did a 31-team NHL with Vegas. No reason you can't do 32. The schedule would probably be easier to figure out than the 31 team-league to be honest because with 31 you have tons of little scheduling quirks.

See my Vegas thread in the EHM stories section for a start - you can download the db and see how I did 31 in the editor. Again, the only hard (time-consuming) part is creating the schedule.

No expansion draft function but you can simulate it manually if you want.

If they ever announce who #32 is, I'll get right on it but for now I'd rather see other real leagues upgraded to playable. But if you do decide to tackle a 32-team NHL, keep us posted. :nod:
BKarchitect
Minor League

Postby Named » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:27 am

Creating NCAA model need huge of time, schedules and many many sims but its doable.
Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby Alessandro » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Named wrote:Creating NCAA model need huge of time, schedules and many many sims but its doable.

Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby marksbros6 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:20 pm

andda715 wrote:Yes, I think so too. Especially as promotion works when I set it to only chose teams from (e.g.) HE SW.
Sadly the amount of teams make 1.3 crash if run as a single league.
If lucky, Riz might have had time/possibility to fix it for next release. :-)

EDIT: Will have a look at NIHL when I have another opportunity to look at this (next week most likely)

Only NIHL (North) has promotion/relegation between NIHL (N)1 and NIHL N(2) if I recall
marksbros6
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby martinmiller1986 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:47 pm

managed to add the following leagues with no issues so far:

Scottish National League
French Magnus
French Div1
DEL2
VHL
BENE League
Polish League
Norwegian First
Slovakian First
UK Additional Cup Competitions
Alps League
martinmiller1986
Junior League

Postby Named » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:16 pm

martinmiller1986 wrote:managed to add the following leagues with no issues so far:

Scottish National League
French Magnus
French Div1
DEL2
VHL
BENE League
Polish League
Norwegian First
Slovakian First
UK Additional Cup Competitions
Alps League

What do You exactly mean?
Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby szczepek25 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Probably he added to his base the leagues without any problem. In my game I have leagues from Qatar, Kazakhstan, Israel, Belarus :D
I tried to add Finnish lower leagues, but too complicated for me :D
szczepek25
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby martinmiller1986 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:33 pm

yes thats what i ment haha also wanted to do finnish lower leagues and swedish lower leagues and possibly some usa or canada leagues but they are more complex
martinmiller1986
Junior League

Postby BKarchitect » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:32 pm

You guys mind sharing your db's when you get extra leagues up and running? Can we have a thread for that? Like

"Here's a database with a working Magnus League"
LINK

"I've got the NCAA partially setup, here's the db - but there are still some issues X Y and Z"
LINK

"I've updated these 25 leagues, they all work, here's the db"
LINK

Sharing is caring :nod:
BKarchitect
Minor League

Postby archibalduk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:58 pm

I absolutely agree with this. We need a separate thread for sharing and then use this thread for discussing. The danger of course is that the sharing thread becomes a discussion thread but perhaps we have a strict rule that all discussion takes place in this thread and not in the sharing thread.

The next Editor will help ease things too as we'll be able to export the league rules for sharing.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby archibalduk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:00 pm

marksbros6 wrote:
andda715 wrote:Yes, I think so too. Especially as promotion works when I set it to only chose teams from (e.g.) HE SW.
Sadly the amount of teams make 1.3 crash if run as a single league.
If lucky, Riz might have had time/possibility to fix it for next release. :-)

EDIT: Will have a look at NIHL when I have another opportunity to look at this (next week most likely)

Only NIHL (North) has promotion/relegation between NIHL (N)1 and NIHL N(2) if I recall

That's right. IRL there is promotion/relegation in the NIHL South too but it's a bit difficult to mirror in-game because the two NIHL-S 2 divisions (East and West) need to be re-aligned according to who gets promoted and relegated.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby archibalduk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Named wrote:Creating NCAA model need huge of time, schedules and many many sims but its doable.

Yeah it's massive challenge for sure. Plus it seems the teams play additional games but only some of them count towards the league (or something like that). Also, isn't it the case that the teams can choose to some extent which teams they play?

Getting trade rules working adequately could be a challenge - but that's for another thread!
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby martinmiller1986 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:22 pm

Get 2 errors when the group stage finishes on a cup competition I created. The semi finals won't draw any teams. Ive checked and double checked in the editor that all the setting are correct. Here is what it says ...

Cup::get_previous_round_draw_teams() - round or fixture_Id invalid

And

Cup::get_round_draw_teams() - no team found

Any ideas
martinmiller1986
Junior League

Postby zbguy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:33 am

archibalduk wrote:

Yeah it's massive challenge for sure. Plus it seems the teams play additional games but only some of them count towards the league (or something like that). Also, isn't it the case that the teams can choose to some extent which teams they play?

Getting trade rules working adequately could be a challenge - but that's for another thread!

That depends on how the NCAA would be set up. In-conference games are one thing, but how would out-of-conference games work? There's no ranking system that takes both in- and out-of-conference games into consideration.

Would the conferences in the NCAA count as their own separate league, coming together for the Nat'l Championship like CHL teams do for the Memorial Cup? Or would they all be in one league with each conference being under its umbrella? I've thought about this and I can't figure out which way to go because in either system, out-of-conference games would still count towards a conference's standings, which is incorrect. Out-of-conference games would have to be like exhibitions, but would exhibition games count for stat purposes?
zbguy
Top Prospect

Postby colinrsmall » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:42 am

zbguy wrote:
archibalduk wrote:

That depends on how the NCAA would be set up. In-conference games are one thing, but how would out-of-conference games work? There's no ranking system that takes both in- and out-of-conference games into consideration.

Would the conferences in the NCAA count as their own separate league, coming together for the Nat'l Championship like CHL teams do for the Memorial Cup? Or would they all be in one league with each conference being under its umbrella? I've thought about this and I can't figure out which way to go because in either system, out-of-conference games would still count towards a conference's standings, which is incorrect. Out-of-conference games would have to be like exhibitions, but would exhibition games count for stat purposes?

Aside from the champions of each of the six conferences, the remaining 10 teams that play in the regional championships are chosen at large by the NCAA committee. Since there's no way to sim teams being chosen by a committee (and assuming the top teams of each division are chosen by intra-division standings only), could the remaining 10 be chosen from the top teams in the league counting inter-division games? Maybe a new thread should be made for each league being worked on (i.e. one USHL development thread, one NCAA thread, etc.)?
colinrsmall
Prospect

Postby szczepek25 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:54 am

OK, please! My database with playable Belarusian, French, Scottish, Israeli, Kazakhstan, BeNe Liga, Polish and Qatar leagues ;) http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/Nqr2OdZx/file.html
szczepek25
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby Alessandro » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:41 am

szczepek25 wrote:OK, please! My database with playable Belarusian, French, Scottish, Israeli, Kazakhstan, BeNe Liga, Polish and Qatar leagues ;) http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/Nqr2OdZx/file.html

Will test it today.
Anyone else? :D
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

PreviousNext

Return to Data Editing Forum