The Blue Line

31 team NHL with Las Vegas Golden Knights in EHM 1

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.

Re: 31 team NHL with Las Vegas Golden Knights in EHM 1

Postby BKarchitect » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Yes, if you add a 31st team to the AHL, you will have to re-do that entire schedule template. Certainly possible but somewhat painful without having knowledge of what the rules of a 31-team AHL schedule and alignment would look like.

Salm is right that it appears Chicago will switch to Vegas for affiliation for 17-18...it is possible the Blues will share an affiliate, perhaps with the Avs who are looking to eventually own their own affiliate in Colorado somewhere. Then you still have the Canucks lugging their players back and forth from New York (Utica) as well. I feel like 17-18 will still be a 30 team AHL but we will see how it shakes out.

Salm - I think in order to have it work properly, you can't simply unpack the files and put them in the folder...I think anyways, archi or guys like Alessandro or Named who do all the roster work could tell you more. I think that say you have the TBL 9.4 DB or your own DB and you want Vegas in it, you would be best served by opening my Vegas DB and the 9.4 side by side in the EHM 1 Editor and going through and copying my NHL and Vegas team settings and exporting the schedule template from my Vegas DB and importing it back into the TBL DB. Does that make sense? But maybe you can do it the way you are talking about I just don't have any experience with unpacking the dat files and such.

And yes that capfriendly tool is wonderful!
BKarchitect
Drafted

Postby salm » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:32 pm

BKarchitect wrote:Yes, if you add a 31st team to the AHL, you will have to re-do that entire schedule template. Certainly possible but somewhat painful without having knowledge of what the rules of a 31-team AHL schedule and alignment would look like.

Salm is right that it appears Chicago will switch to Vegas for affiliation for 17-18...it is possible the Blues will share an affiliate, perhaps with the Avs who are looking to eventually own their own affiliate in Colorado somewhere. Then you still have the Canucks lugging their players back and forth from New York (Utica) as well. I feel like 17-18 will still be a 30 team AHL but we will see how it shakes out.

Salm - I think in order to have it work properly, you can't simply unpack the files and put them in the folder...I think anyways, archi or guys like Alessandro or Named who do all the roster work could tell you more. I think that say you have the TBL 9.4 DB or your own DB and you want Vegas in it, you would be best served by opening my Vegas DB and the 9.4 side by side in the EHM 1 Editor and going through and copying my NHL and Vegas team settings and exporting the schedule template from my Vegas DB and importing it back into the TBL DB. Does that make sense? But maybe you can do it the way you are talking about I just don't have any experience with unpacking the dat files and such.

And yes that capfriendly tool is wonderful!

Thanks for your help, but still, the schedule won't work... Tried many various scenarios. Did like you said and opened your saved game file from your Vegas-save, "VEGAS PRE-EXPATION" in the EHM 1 editor and opened my own DB. Exported your National Hockey League's and alternative schedule template and then I imported it into my own DB. I choose Import (Replace), and not Import (Append). And everything else seems legit in my DB. Changed amout of teams in NHL in "Rules and Structions" to 31, added Vegas to the National Hockey League Pacific division and changed the amount of teams in the Western Conference to 15... Don't know what to do next really... in my DB-folder i have of course my database.db and the config files from 9.1, maybe thats screwing it up?

BTW I have nothing against your DB, on the contrary, u seem to know your stuff.. but spent to many hours on sorting out wages, reputations, ca/pa, adding non-players, adding youth players etc etc etc just to throw it down the drain...

Hopefully one day, there will be an official patch or something with the expansion draft within the game... untill then I will randomly try to solve this sh*t... :)
salm
Junior League

Postby BKarchitect » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:22 pm

I get it, I'm the same boat with my DB :)

Can you upload yours somewhere and I can take a look when I get time?
BKarchitect
Drafted

Postby Alessandro » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:50 pm

salm wrote:
Hopefully one day, there will be an official patch or something with the expansion draft within the game... untill then I will randomly try to solve this sh*t... :)

Very unlikely. My best guess is that we'll get the 2017-18 update with 31 teams.
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby salm » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:58 pm

BKarchitect wrote:I get it, I'm the same boat with my DB :)

Can you upload yours somewhere and I can take a look when I get time?

You're too kind man :).. I'm working at sea and our wifi has alot of restrictions, but as soon as I reach the harbour in Germany I will upload it, would be great if you could have a look :notworthy: .

And excuse me for typing here, but I'm not able to post private messagers to people apperently....
salm
Junior League

Postby salm » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Gave up on getting Vegas into my DB so tried to create em into the 9.1 roster without any problem...

But now when I try to do the same within the 9.4 roster it doesn't work...

Steps Im taking:

Creating The Club (I'm using the existing Vegas Golden Knight club and editing it) EDIT: (also tried creating new club without success) and putting em into NHL and NHL pacific div, last div NHL. Fixing USA as nation, Las Vegas as city, professional status - professional. Editing reputation, $ etc etc...
Creating T-Mobile Arena.
Chosing T-Mobile Arena as home stadium, changing to "No home game day".
Editing competition, NHL 31 teams, WC 15 teams, adding Vegas Golden Knights as 8th team in Pacific division.
And finally importing BKarchitetcs NHL schedule and NHL alternative schedule in the Schedule Templats.

Won't work :-? ... Any part i'm missing?....

BKarchitect , Can't upload the file when I'm on 4g network, will have to w8 until im home :(

EDIT: Got it to work now, had to Change the names from Vegas Golden Knights, Golden Knights and VEG (To Golden Knights Vegas, Vegas and VGK)... Not sure if I trust the mechanics of the game enough to spend more hours and hours to edit that database hmm :bs:
salm
Junior League

Postby ebenton99 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Any working link for this database? The ones I've tried just say that the file isn't there anymore.
ebenton99
Junior League

Postby DestiZ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:34 am

Hey i made my own Vegas Golden Knights and everything work just fine, but when entry draft is coming its says "DRAFT:MANAGER:set_last_position)- invalid number of teams passed in," and when to draft begin only three teams can draft t their first picks and it says exit drafts and then the draft is over. please someone kind tell me how to fix this :), i,m so grateful if you can help me :)
DestiZ
Learning to skate

Postby ebenton99 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:09 am

DestiZ wrote:Hey i made my own Vegas Golden Knights and everything work just fine, but when entry draft is coming its says "DRAFT:MANAGER:set_last_position)- invalid number of teams passed in," and when to draft begin only three teams can draft t their first picks and it says exit drafts and then the draft is over. please someone kind tell me how to fix this :), i,m so grateful if you can help me :)

I've never seen this before, but did you make sure to set the number of teams setting correctly in both the basic data and stages tabs? Should be 31 in basic data and 16 (eastern conference) / 15 (western conference) for stages tab?

EDIT: Have you also made any changes to the NHL entry draft in Competitions->Drafts or the NHL transfer rules in Competitions->Transfer Rules? I don't expect that it is but just a thought. Could also be a bad save. Have you tried quick simming through another season and seeing if the same result comes up?
ebenton99
Junior League

Postby DestiZ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:17 pm

thanks for help mate :), i think its just bad database or save, i make the whole processs again and then its work :), i think problem has those nhl rules or something like that or schedules.
DestiZ
Learning to skate

Postby Moses Doughty » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:45 am

default wrote:Okay, scratch that, I managed to get the editor to work.

I now have Vegas in the game, but I recently realized I do not have a farm team. Is it possible to assign an affiliate?

How did you get the editor to work on mac? I run EHM through steam so it may be an issue
Moses Doughty
Prospect

Postby default » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:33 am

Actually using steam is what allows it to work.

So I basically followed the directions of fatal89ty (last post in the thread) https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... &start=350

I did not, however, use playonmac. I have Steam installed through terminal.

It took a bit of tinkering, but it works.
Junior League

Postby Moses Doughty » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:16 am

default wrote:Actually using steam is what allows it to work.

So I basically followed the directions of fatal89ty (last post in the thread) https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... &start=350

I did not, however, use playonmac. I have Steam installed through terminal.

It took a bit of tinkering, but it works.

Thank you! Was actually able to set it up through crossover but if I can't use it anymore at some point I'll have to try this
Moses Doughty
Prospect

Postby Mgomrjsurf » Sun May 14, 2017 3:37 am

I'm all for this League and been the Knights and adding Historical Guys to the Team.
Mgomrjsurf
MGSports Account #3
Junior League

Postby listro55 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:25 am

the link= https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayp0jkb1m5mbw ... 0.rar?dl=0 says the file isn't there, any chance you can replace?
listro55
Junior League

Re: EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Postby NHL19 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:26 am

Have anyone made a Las Vegas db based on TBL roster 9.4?
The only one i can find have some weird stats in my opinion, and some of the legues is not in it
NHL19
Junior League

Re: EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Postby PeakyBlinder » Thu May 25, 2017 9:49 pm

NHL19 wrote:Have anyone made a Las Vegas db based on TBL roster 9.4?
The only one i can find have some weird stats in my opinion, and some of the legues is not in it

Yeah I think the weird stats has something to do with using the 1.9 EHM Editor. Been trying to do something similar on the 1.5 version since the roster update 9.4 is weird enough already with stats.
Unfortunately I have no idea on what I'm doing.
PeakyBlinder
Junior League

Postby qzc » Fri May 26, 2017 3:43 am

I made a db with Vegas and Seattle with 2 additional AHL teams. It's 9.4, but I don't have one with just Vegas.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q0txwa18qv6v ... 5NL9a?dl=0
qzc
Junior League

Postby coasterholic14 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:34 am

qzc wrote:I made a db with Vegas and Seattle with 2 additional AHL teams. It's 9.4, but I don't have one with just Vegas.

Downloaded to give it a shot, I noticed that nearly everyone on every AHL roster is listed as a Veteran?
coasterholic14
Top Prospect

Postby qzc » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:40 am

coasterholic14 wrote:
qzc wrote:I made a db with Vegas and Seattle with 2 additional AHL teams. It's 9.4, but I don't have one with just Vegas.

Downloaded to give it a shot, I noticed that nearly everyone on every AHL roster is listed as a Veteran?

It seems to fix itself after a season or two. Not perfect but hey.
qzc
Junior League

Postby BulldogsFan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:53 pm

qzc do u have a database directory or do we just copy tur database file into our database directory... I want to move seattle east and make Quebec and was just wondering how do go about that in the editor..

Also i tried to download the Vegas database from dropbox but doesnt work (this was from the orginal person who made this post not u qzc)
BulldogsFan
Prospect

Postby BKarchitect » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:03 pm

BulldogsFan wrote:

qzc do u have a database directory or do we just copy tur database file into our database directory... I want to move seattle east and make Quebec and was just wondering how do go about that in the editor..

Also i tried to download the Vegas database from dropbox but doesnt work (this was from the orginal person who made this post not u qzc)

Try this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5k03d5ou83nd6o4/Vegas%20EHM%20DB%201.2.rar?dl=0
BKarchitect
Drafted

Postby BulldogsFan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 pm

BKarchitect wrote:
BulldogsFan wrote:

Try this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5k03d5ou83nd6o4/Vegas%20EHM%20DB%201.2.rar?dl=0

thanks BKarchitect... My question is does this have the schedule and everything in it i just want to make the staff changes and draft pick changes and AHL team change etc.. or do i have to create the team and everything first?
BulldogsFan
Prospect

Postby BulldogsFan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:10 am

qzc wrote:
coasterholic14 wrote:

It seems to fix itself after a season or two. Not perfect but hey.

qzc... question... possible to move the NHL and AHL teams around or do the AHL teams have to stay in the Divisions that they are at? Just wondering because i want to keep Vegas but i dont want Seattle i wanted to bring back Quebec but move Colorado back to pacific, detroit to central and Quebec to Atlantic but i wasnt sure what tpo do wit hSan fran or Fresno as one of them would be st. louis farm team since Vegas is with chicago ahl and then not sure how to move Fran or Fresno to North to make Laval as I was going to keep st. John's in ahl as Quebec's farm team
BulldogsFan
Prospect

Postby BulldogsFan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:36 am

So Ive tried in the ehm editor to move Seattle to Atlantic and change it to Quebec, Colorado to pacific and Detroit to Central... however in the game it still shows quebec in pacific, colorado in central and detroit in atlantic is it hard coded or am i just doing something wrong..
BulldogsFan
Prospect

PreviousNext

Return to Data Editing Forum