The Blue Line

31 team NHL with Las Vegas Golden Knights in EHM 1

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.

Re: 31 team NHL with Las Vegas Golden Knights in EHM 1

Postby Mgomrjsurf » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:01 am

You can move Teams in Editor.
Mgomrjsurf
MGSports Account #3
Junior League

Postby BulldogsFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:10 pm

Mgomrjsurf wrote:You can move Teams in Editor.

Yah i realized after i forgot to do the structure part too besides the basic data section to assign them a division
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect

Postby xECK29x » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Silly question, how do I correlated the team ID numbers in the schedule template? How do I determine a team ID for a new team I created? Having the same issue as kevistar on page 2 (had the team I already used created before importing the schedule template, so I assume the club IDs are wrong), however I want to see if I can just fix the schedule template by fixing the IDs before starting over.

If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it :)
xECK29x
Junior League

Postby Alessandro » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:50 pm

xECK29x wrote:Silly question, how do I correlated the team ID numbers in the schedule template? How do I determine a team ID for a new team I created? Having the same issue as kevistar on page 2 (had the team I already used created before importing the schedule template, so I assume the club IDs are wrong), however I want to see if I can just fix the schedule template by fixing the IDs before starting over.

Search is your friend
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby Jagr » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:03 am

Do you guys know is there going to be an update to the game which adds Golden Knights?
Jagr
Learning to skate

Postby archibalduk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:16 pm

Jagr wrote:Do you guys know is there going to be an update to the game which adds Golden Knights?

Next season.
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

EHM freezes when trying to load up TBL Rosters v9.1 with VGK

Postby Haula56 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:18 am

I added Vegas with the EHM Editor v0.1.9 and every time I try to start a game with Vegas in the league, EHM freezes after it creates shortlists
Haula56
Junior League

Re: EHM freezes when trying to load up TBL Rosters v9.1 with

Postby Haula56 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:19 am

Would it be easier to edit the EHM Vegas database 1.2?
Haula56
Junior League

Postby xECK29x » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:55 am

Alessandro wrote:
xECK29x wrote:Silly question, how do I correlated the team ID numbers in the schedule template? How do I determine a team ID for a new team I created? Having the same issue as kevistar on page 2 (had the team I already used created before importing the schedule template, so I assume the club IDs are wrong), however I want to see if I can just fix the schedule template by fixing the IDs before starting over.

Search is your friend

Thanks found what I needed. I created Vegas based off of bkarchitect's roster but am running into a weird bug I could not find with the search tool.

When initiating the league I am hitting this error after league selection: CUSTOM_LEAGUE::setup_additional_initial_stages() - unable to find teams for initial stage, stage 0 (National Hockey League).

I do not see a stage 0 listed in the database so I believe this may be related to some sort of datatype not found (maybe a schedule template issue)? I am able to select the team and interact with it but the entire Western Conference is missing?

xECK29x
Junior League

Postby xECK29x » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:19 am

Figured out my issue, never increased the Western Conference team count from 14 to 15
xECK29x
Junior League

Postby Bleedblue3027 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:28 am

Hey everyone, so I'm trying to use the Vegas db BKArchitect posted earlier in this thread (cheers for that and your thread, by the way!!). I had the saved game that was posted, and that loaded fine, but I wanted to make my own save with that db. However, when creating the saved game file, after the "Player Histories" progress bar, there is an "Initializing Data" bar and, without fail, EHM crashes every time it gets to this point. I tried creating new saved games based off the standard TB 9.2 db, and it got past this point. I saw some things about the SPHL causing issues with creating new games, so I disabled that league, and still no luck. For the record, I am running EHM 1.4.1, and I have re-installed the game already, and that didn't help. Has anyone else had this issue, and does anyone have a solution? Any ideas would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!!
Bleedblue3027
Learning to skate

Postby BulldogsFan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:49 am

BKarchitect wrote:Hmmm, well I've kind of narrowed the error down.

I did all playable leagues with US start date, add key staff, add players and all teams and it crashed like you said.

Then I tried everything the same but only had the major leagues first divisions playable and it worked...so the following were NOT selected:
- Czech 2nd league (WSM)
- Finnish Mestis & Suomi
- All of Great Britain
- Japan (Asia League)
- Swedish Allsvenskan
- Swiss NLB
- Southern Professional League

So all other leagues were enabled. Also started with US start date, Add key staff, Disable all extra players and Retain all teams selected.

And those settings worked..so it might be something in the database is causing the crash when one of those lesser leagues is enabled. Give it a try maybe. So if you are a fan of a Mestis or NLB team this database is probably not going to work so well for you until I figure out why it crashes or narrow it down further. But if you simply want to play with Vegas in the NHL and most major leagues in full detail - it should work with settings I listed above.

Alternative is to add Vegas to database that you currently use like TLB or whatever you use - it's a little work but not that hard.

Anyone who is trying to use the 31 Team Vegas database... Make sure when u start up ehm1 and it lets u select the leagues make sure these leagues are not selected otherwise ehm will crash
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect

Postby archibalduk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:38 am

Does it still crash if you use the Early Start Date setting?
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Postby paja_ko » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:33 am

I would like to share my database, which focuses on nhl sets for the 2017/2018 season.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq_l1afAt_eOi8QF5PkU_8NHO5kFdg
paja_ko
Junior League

Postby BulldogsFan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:02 pm

archibalduk wrote:Does it still crash if you use the Early Start Date setting?

Nope ive started at the July 2nd start date... as long as you dont select those leagues the file will work.. the only downside is that some of the OHL prospects are missing like from the reserve list but that is the only downside but other then that it works fine.. Also i have changed most of the players around for Vegas in the ehm1 editor... if u gotta change the rights to the player but still have them play in the CHL u have to use the pre game editor.. but if its vegas team i just have them signed by vegas but playing in the CHL
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect

Postby Alessandro » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:49 pm

paja_ko wrote:I would like to share my database, which focuses on nhl sets for the 2017/2018 season.

This DB crashes on me if I try to start a new save. Maybe you didn't work the schedule?
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby Epic » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Alessandro wrote:
paja_ko wrote:I would like to share my database, which focuses on nhl sets for the 2017/2018 season.

This DB crashes on me if I try to start a new save. Maybe you didn't work the schedule?

Works fine for me. At least managed to start a game (with the early start selection). Selected only the NHL and AHL.

Looks like a great update, but I think I won't play with it yet until the 1st july IRL has passed and hopefully paja_ko will update it further.
Epic
Prospect

Postby paja_ko » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Alessandro wrote:

I do not know where the problem is, the database works for me correctly. I have been playing the second season for Vegas and there is no problem yet.
paja_ko
Junior League

Postby paja_ko » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:49 pm

Epic wrote:
Alessandro wrote:

Works fine for me. At least managed to start a game (with the early start selection). Selected only the NHL and AHL.

Looks like a great update, but I think I won't play with it yet until the 1st july IRL has passed and hopefully paja_ko will update it further.

Now I'm leaving for a fortnight on vacation, so I will not be able to work on updates. After I return, I will try to continue with the updates.
paja_ko
Junior League

Postby BKarchitect » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:59 am

Not to steal Paja's thunder but I've got an update of my own to the original Vegas database from this thread for the 17/18 season...feel free to play/use/edit as you wish.

KEY FEATURES:
- All NHL contracts and rosters updated per CapFriendly thru June 28 (last update included: the likes of Foo, Petersen, Andrighetto, B. Smith, McIlrath etc)
- 2017 NHL Draft fully incorporated, all rights and draft details updated
- UFA/RFA status updated including qualified/non-qualified players (so teams will have lots of RFAs that will need to be signed)
- Rights for all prospects should be accurate...2015 drafted prospects who were not signed are now unattached (ie Korostolev, Estephen, etc)
- I still have NHL rights for unsigned college seniors like Butcher and Kerfoot as of 6/28...they will become FA's if not signed soon, will update at that time.
- Future traded NHL draft picks updated (minus any "conditional" picks where we don't know the condition yet)
- NHL Cap and Cap Floor Updated
- NHL stats from 16/17 season updated so rookie and prospect lists (as well as career NHL stats) should be accurate (NOTE: I did not add playoff stats yet and players that split teams I just put the combined total under the team they last played on for the season)
- Vegas, baby!
- AHL & ECHL teams and affiliations updated (as of end of June)
- Cap penalties and retained salary has not been updated yet for each team...I plan on doing this at some point.
- NHL Head Coaches and GM's are accurate but I didn't really get too involved with messing with other staff.

RECOMMEND YOU START WITH AN EARLY START DATE WHEN SETTING UP YOUR GAME. Gives you more time to sign free agents and such.

YOU MUST PUT THE EXTRA CONFIG FILE IN YOUR DB FOLDER AS WELL. You can edit all the future transfers and draft picks swaps in that file if you want to tweak your own DB.

***BIGLY DISCLAIMER***
- This is an NHL-centered database update (AHL, ECHL, USHL, NCAA should be fine as well). I guarantee nothing if you select other playable leagues. In fact, you will notice several leagues completely unplayable like the KHL - because I am in the process of moving teams around for 17-18 but without a league schedule update, you can't play them. Selecting any other random league could easily crash your game. Don't say I didn't warn you...
- Lots of KHL and Euro transfers are in fact updated...I've done most of the KHL except the top 5-6 clubs and most Euro transfer related to recent NHL players and/or players with NHL rights. But not even close to being totally comprehensive.
- I've put lots of work into the USHL/NCAA...almost all complete Fall 2017 freshman classes for all NCAA teams are updated along with tons and tons of future recruits. USNTDP is updated for the '00 and '01 classes and even stuck a few likely '02 guys in there.
- CHL is updated only so far as it relates to drafted players and top prospect soon to be draft eligible. The recent CHL import draft has NOT yet been included but I plan on adding players and rights later - although I DID put Svechnikov on Barrie because, yeah, that's happening! :)

***OTHER STUFF***
- For NHL contracted players with CHL rights...if they are '97 born, they start the year on the NHL depth charts and can optionally be sent down for their overage year. If they are '98 born, they start on loan to their junior team unless they are a top, top prospect (ie, highly unlikely Sergachev plays another season in Windsor). You can always cancel the loan. Of course we won't really know how this shakes out until close to the start of the season. There are also Euro guys on NHL contracts who are confirmed via EliteProspects to be loaned back to Europe for 17/18 so they are taken care of.
- For NCAA guys...you will notice a lot of the top prospects in the NCAA have predetermined future transfers to their NHL clubs. If I don't do this NHL teams really decimate NCAA rosters during the seasons by signing guys in mid-season - which is not realistic. This keeps top NCAA clubs in tact through the full year.
- Also have a few future Russian top transfers to NHL clubs built in after their KHL contracts end...ie Sorokin, Shestyorkin, Gusev, Gavrikov, etc. Dadonov starts the game as an UFA with a strong liking for Vegas...but anybody can try and sign him :)
- Major LTIR injuries should be in there (Hossa, Horton, Lupul, Franzen, Clarkson, etc - these guys will be out for 12+ months and a lot of them just retire) but otherwise with injuries, you start with a clean slate.

***KNOWN BUGS***
- One bug I know of is a few player (RFAs) who have correct NHL rights set still end up as UFAs. Three guys I know this was affecting were Dotchin, Stolarz and Gillies - all are likely to be re-signed so I went ahead and gave them one year deals so you can't cheat the system. There may be a few more I missed...it also may affect a few prospects - Nikita Gusev was one, he doesn't show up in the Vegas depth charts or prospect list but I gave him a future transfer after his KHL deal to Vegas so it shouldn't matter.

Final Note: I have not done much testing to be honest, it's taken a long time just to get contracts and 16/17 stats updated. So let me know how things go, especially if you are playing as Vegas!

DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gf61bqp9rwd32t6/BK%202017-18%20v1.1.zip?dl=0

2017 Draft Added, every player:
2018 Draft ready to go (Svechnikov is on Barrie now though!):
Rookies and prospects will be listed correctly as 2016-17 NHL stats are added to player histories:
BKarchitect
Minor League

Postby SadSleeper » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:51 am

Hi BKarchitect,

Can you please tell me how and wheere to put two files (database , and extra config)?
My game still crashes when I want a start a game (I put two files into original database)
SadSleeper
Junior League

Postby karlstegger » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Just started a game with Vegas, so far it's running smoothly. Thanks for all the work you have put into this mate!
karlstegger
Junior League

Postby karlstegger » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:25 pm

SadSleeper wrote:Hi BKarchitect,

Can you please tell me how and wheere to put two files (database , and extra config)?
My game still crashes when I want a start a game (I put two files into original database)

I just copied the 2 files to this folder (playing via Steam):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Eastside Hockey Manager\data\database

Working great so far.
karlstegger
Junior League

Postby SadSleeper » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:37 pm

My problem is that I do not have original db in my game I replaced it with seattle vegas database by accident.
Can somebody send me or upload original database files please?
Still it is not working :-(
SadSleeper
Junior League

Postby BKarchitect » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Here's a link to a version where the DB is in a folder that you put in your database folder...you still need a DB file in the root database folder I think to start a game but it shouldn't have to be the original file for the game to work...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gf61bqp9rwd32t6/BK%202017-18%20v1.1.zip?dl=0

See here I have my Vegas db in the BK folder and the original DB in the root directory - but still I don't think that root directory DB has to be the original one. You need to select the BK db in the game though:

BKarchitect
Minor League

PreviousNext

Return to Data Editing Forum