Hello all once again,
So in my international database I am creating I have just one final task to edit before I can actually play, but I am facing some problems. Just to provide some backstory, I am making my own custom database and I have edited 40 to 43 nations to go along with the original 8 (USA, Canada, Sweden, etc.). I want to make an actual World Cup of Hockey with 48 teams in group stages similar to football. Each group has 4 teams for 12 groups and the first round will be 32 teams make it in single game elimination. So far I've accomplished a lot of editing in the World Cup, but I am running into some issues that I really need help with. I've been testing the World Cup out after every major edit to see what's going on and here are some of the problems...
- Anyway how to make a random draw for teams? They're going into the group stages as I put them in the division and conference alignment section.
- How do you get NHL players to play in the tournament? So far all I am getting is random Europeans.
- The next stage is NEVER showing up, it always stops after the group stage games.
- Some teams are qualifying in some groups and other groups have zero qualifying teams, what's going on here?
- When I don't put a host, it says unknown city, but when I put a host country it still says unknown city, why?
- Is any segment of the World Cup in the beta version of the roster hardcoded that I cannot change?
Those are the major problems I am running into. Any help would be greatly appreciated even if you tell me where to look is suffice.