Problem with divided leagues

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
Bolsson
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Chicago Blackhawks

Post by Bolsson » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:18 pm

I have been working on a huge database for some time now. It's a massive one, with changes in the world championship system and a lot of new international tournaments. I have built this database for my costum needs to play in a hockey-world as i would want it.

I'm almost done but i got stuck in the Swedish league system. The Database i'm building everything on (xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters) only allow my two playable Swedish divisions, and i need at least two more.
First i tried to copy al data from TBLs last DB where the Swedish HockeyEttan is also playable and working, but this didn't work. I have then tried a various of league pyramids and right now i'm settling for this.

1. SHL (As it is)
2. Allsvenskan (As it is)
3. Superettan (A new division. Between Allsvenskan and HockeyEtta. One league. 18 Teams) <--- This works fine.
4. HockeyEttan (Two divisions. North and South with separate playoffs and playout. 18 teams in each) <--- This Doesn't work!

The problem is when a start a new game the playoffspots and playoutspots are already decided before the regular season games even begun (see picture). At first i've tried to build the HockeyEttan with Three divisions (North, Central and South) and then the regular season worked but the playoff never begun. Now the opposite occured and i'm totally stucked with this for well over a month!

Anyone have a clue or solution it would be greatly appreciated!
When done i will share the DB with u. It's a great one for shure. Including 20 new international tounaments, new league systems in (some fictional, some that exist) all NHL trades and statistic history updates - if this last peace of the puzzle just will work!

/Bo

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:14 pm

I suspect it is because of the fact that you have simultaneous stages. I.e. you have simultaneous initial stages (Stages 1 and 2), playoff stages (Stages 3 and 4) and relegation stages (Stages 5 and 6). You therefore need to think of your stages as three groups. You don't want to trigger the next group of stages until both stages within the same group are complete - so only the last stage within each group should trigger Upper/Lower stages and process the fate action.

So your settings, I think, should look like this:

STAGE 1
Next Upper Stage to Trigger: 0
Next Lower Stage to Trigger: 0
Process Fate Action: No

STAGE 2
Next Upper Stage to Trigger: 4 (this will trigger both Stages 3 and 4)
Next Lower Stage to Trigger: 6 (this will trigger both Stages 5 and 6)
Process Fate Action: Yes

STAGE 3

STAGE 4

STAGE 5

STAGE 6

I might be wrong about the Process Fate Action for Stages 3 and 5 because they are final stages. So if you find the playoffs/relegation is not progressing correctly, try enabling those settings.

Bolsson
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Chicago Blackhawks

Post by Bolsson » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:51 pm

Thank you for help and input.
I've tried with both enabled and unenabled fate action for stages 3 and 5 but i get this error message when loading a new game. Then the game crashes. :-?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:28 pm

The"Invalid Stage Index" error means that you are referencing an invalid Stage reference number somewhere within your structure. So the settings with names such as "Stage to Draw Teams From", "Next Upper Stage", "Next Lower Stage", "Extra Stage to Draw Teams From", etc might contain an invalid reference number. Given that you have six stages, each of these settings should refer to zero (meaning no stage) or 1-6. The Extra Stage to Draw Teams From setting is a bit unique as I believe that refers to the stage reference of the relevant upper/lower league where you have linked leagues.

To be honest, I would start simple and just get the regular season stages up and running. Once that works, add the playoffs and then later add the relegation league. This will help you narrow down the issue.

Return to “Data Editing Forum”