The Blue Line

Images / Add Ons For EHM 2007 Guide (work in progress)

Want to ask EHM graphics questions, questions about a project or make requests for a project? Don't know what files go where? Are you working on a new addon or roster update? This is the place to discuss! Also the official home of the TBL Eastside Hockey Manager Roster Update Project (formerly known as the Manimal/Lidas Rosters).
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters. If we do have an estimated release date then we will post it in the Site News. Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases. The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Locating your EHM:EA installation folderImporting an EHM 2007 database into EHM:EALogo DimensionsWhere to install databases and graphicsTBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Images / Add Ons For EHM 2007 Guide (work in progress)

Postby Minstrel » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:39 am

Okay, I'm going to eventually be getting all the new info for customization options for EHM 2007 posted to this thread, but I'll probably post each as a message to keep it easier to read and get info out sooner. With there being no large scale release demo I haven't had the time to test everything or even figure everything out as of yet. I did try to creat projects for release that would demonstrate some of the new features for EHM 2007 though.

So, while explanations/detailed how-to's will come in following messages to this thread here's a basic 'what's in for EHM 2007' rundown:

News images:

• Same format/size as EHM 2005.
• Bugs are fixed to allow use of .jpg images instead of just .pngs to save file space.
• Multiple sets of images are now possible (thanks EdL!!) though I've only tested multiple team news items.

Player Images

We have a new 'player trading card' style template now available with a guide image as well. It is built to reflect EHM 2007's new look and echo the 'borderless' look that UpperDeck trading cards have made popular in their "insert cards" etc. Devils88 has releasead an NHL set in this look you can check out here
• The cards format we are using for '07 is 185 x 200 and that's really as big as you should go to maintain some space around the picture in player profiles. The 007 stock pics are for some reason 157x200 and the '05 vintage cards were 144x200.
• These use the same system the EHM has used since SI tooke over, a 'players' folder for players and a 'non-players' folder for other staff members, file names are again by name and date of birth in this format: PlayerFirstName_PlayerLastName_Player'sDayOfBirth_PlayersMonthOfBirth_Player'sYearOfBirth
• Due to liscensing changes there are no default NHL images in EHM 2007.
• I've been working during testing to get the DOB issues cleared up and there may be changes soon especially affecting the ability to make more useable Staff Packs. :thup: It is however not currently in the game but could be added for a patch.
• Due to liscensing/DOB/player name and team changes the 'card' files from 2005 could be hit or miss for displaying in EHM 2007. There are players that wouldn't traditionally have been in the game under a fake name that are this year. Players not expressly included on the player lists governing liscensing for the NHLPA (only players who have played at least one NHL game) and the HPPA I think it is, anyhow the people with say-so over the non-NHLers etc must be faked. So you could have a 2005 card that has their real name and DOB but it won't show in 2007.

Custom 'Rink Markings'/Ices

• Same format and naming structures as EHM 2005 are operational, however the custom rinks will only display in the game screens that still use the 2005 style rink; so they will show on the game stats/shot chart screens for example.
• All new format for the 2d rinks with five areas of customization ("under" each faceoff dot). More info to follow.

Custom Team/Competition/League Background Images

• Ability to make .jpg backgrounds and place them in the new backgrounds folder. They will then display when you go to that team/competition/league's main page. I've only tested the team specific option and have a set available that covers att 30 NHL teams in the EHM 2007 Downloads section.

Titlepanel Images

• New this year is an image that is 400x98 pixels that displays in the titlepanel, underneath the team logo. They go in the 'background' folder. We have many available in a 'shadowed' type style but this new image size leaves all kinds of room for expirementaion and ideas.

New Image Sizes

• 'Huge' images are new for EHM 2007 and are used on the GM selection screens for the leagues.
• 'Large' images this year are not the 45x45 fixed squares of EHM 2005; these are much larger images used for team titlepanels, for example the Anahein Ducks image is 140x34 and the Canadians is 102x70. The 70 pixel height is the important measurement though so the icons don't overlap the new 'bowtie' (as I refer to them) titlepanel style. These are used for titlepanels.
• 'Medium' images are the equivalent of last year's 'large' images, up to 45 pixel high but again can be of varying widths not locked to an absolute square which is great for design possibilities/flexibility. These versions are used for the new 'Calendar Style' schedule views.
• 'Small' images are the images used for teams on the injury, trade and schedule/score listings views. Just like EHM 2005 these are rectangular 50x19 images. Due to liscensing they've had to make the full team logos appear in that space which is why they are so small! We've got a full set of 'cropped' style images ready for download that you can use instead in our our Downloads section!

Skin System
• Mainly the same as last year in function/setup though there are many many more elements to this year meaning there are many many more subfolders in the skin folders. This will take me time yet to test and get a guide out for.
• New background types: There are three instead of two backgrounds with each skin for 2007: the deafult background which is used when another custom backround isn't present, the starup background used for the startup screen and an image that is used for the backdrop of your 'Front Office' a new feature for 2007.
• A new concept I'm championing this year is 'Skin Elements'; these wouldn't be complete skins which can be very overwhelming and time consuming to produce but files you could use to replace certain game elements, such as new scroll bars or new titlepanels. I have a set of 'interface' elements in a stone pattern available for download currently.

Flags

• Two new image sizes for flags, a 'huge' option of 120x120 for use with selecting national teams to be GM of
• 'Small' flags of 18x12 which display as natinality indicators on rosters for example
Last edited by Minstrel on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Minstrel
Minty
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  3   1   3

Postby Minstrel » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:19 am

More on the new customization options for the 2d ice surface here, but until further notice please know I'm just relaying information here, I haven't actually had a chance to test out any of this myself though it's high on my list of things to tryout next!

The ice itself (combined with the boards) this year done in similar style to how the skin creates the games buttons; there is one file in the skin folder for the top right piece, one for the bottom right piece, etc. The faceoff circles, net, goal lights, player benches, lines, etc are all images as well. All of them can be found in the ehm_default skin folder in the 'ingame' 'rink' subfolder:

main/data/skins/ehm_default/ingame/rink

Those changes will change the deafult appearence of the ice and markings in every ice surface throughout the game. You can change the shade of the lines as an option in the skins .col file as well if you'd prefer a darker blueline for example.

There then is the option to create images that will display 'under' the faceoff circles and on top of the ice graphics. These can be customized for every team just like we've done for previous versions. I haven't tested this myself yet but here's some directions directly from Riz about it:

Code: Select all
CUSTOM RINK GRAPHICS GUIDE
--------------------------

1) General

Always name your files without special characters. A's with dots become just A's
and so forth. Don't worry if in the game the team name has special characters, the lookup
code will convert the club name to use the simplified characters.

All of these graphics are optional, so you can place one in, leave others out, or place all of
them in for as many clubs as you wish.

2) Custom dynamic
rink graphics (team based)

2a. Center ice

This option allows you to place a custom graphic under the center faceoff circle,
      for example the team logo or better yet, a semi-transparent team logo so it looks like it is
      under the ice.

Size:       100x100
   Folder:         pictures\rinks\faceoff\
   Formats:   png, jpg
   Naming:      <club full name>.<ext>
         Where <club full name> is the name of the team as it appears in the game in
         the top bar when viewing their roster (without TM-symbols and special characters)
         and <ext> is the extension of the used graphics format.
   Examples:   New York Rangers.png     Leksands IF.png

2b. B-faceoff circles

This option allows you to place a different custom graphic under each of the four B-faceoff circles.

Size:       100x100
   Folder:      pictures\rinks\faceoff\
   Formats:   png, jpg
   Naming:      <club full name>_b<index>.<ext>

Where <club full name> is the name of the team as it appears in the game in the top bar
when viewing their roster (without TM-symbols and special characters) and <ext> is the
extension of the used graphics format. <index> is the index of the faceoff circle, starting
from top left and going clock wise:

1             2

C

4                 3

Examples:   Leksands IF_b1.png
               Leksands IF_b2.png
               Leksands IF_b3.png
               Leksands IF_b4.png

2) Custom rink graphics for the shot chart (team based)

This option allows you to place a custom graphic to be used in the rink shown on the shot
         charts screen. The image is fixed size so you can put all the rink markings on the same image.

Size:       468x232
   Folder:      pictures\rinks\
   Formats:         png, jpg
   Naming:      <club full name>.<ext>
         Where <club full name> is the name of the team as it appears in the game in the top bar when viewing
         their roster (without TM-symbols and special characters) and <ext> is the extension of the used
         graphics format.
   Examples:   New York Rangers.png     Leksands IF.png

A thousand thanks to Riz and all the SI guys who are so great about helping out with these things during testing when really they have a hundred more pressing matters at hand, it's a priveledge to be able to work with them. :thup:
Minstrel
Minty
TBL Admin Team

Postby archibalduk » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:37 am

Just to reiterate the new image sizes of logos:

• 'Huge' must be 120 pixels high.
• 'Large' must be 70 pixels high.
• 'Medium' must be 45 pixels high.
• 'Small' must be 50x19.

The width of huge, large and medium logos is not important.
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Postby thatguy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:01 pm

There is a lot here that assumes prior ehm modding knowledge. Where does one find the info for 05?

Thanks.
thatguy
Junior League

Postby Shadd666 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:39 am

Minty, you mentionned that News images are same format as in 05, but those who don't know how it was in 05 (like me) are still lost... :D

Should you re-mention the size please? :)
Shadd666
Smiley Crazy Goodwill Ambassador!
Super Mario

Trophies:  1   1 

Postby thatguy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:34 pm

Also, which size on mugshots is the dominant one? Is there a dominant size? Can they be thinner if they have the right height?
thatguy
Junior League

Postby Minstrel » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:19 pm

Shadd666 wrote:Minty, you mentionned that News images are same format as in 05, but those who don't know how it was in 05 (like me) are still lost... :D

Should you re-mention the size please? :)

You can use any size under this but the cards format we are using for '07 is 185 x 200 and that's really as big as you should go. The stock pics are for some reason 157x200 and the '05 vintage cards were 144x200. I just figured people would take one of the three sizes as a model as all three would work. Hope that helps. I edited the original post as well :thup: it's like that because this was put together to answer the question "What are the new formats and images and sizes that EHM 2007 uses?"
Minstrel
Minty
TBL Admin Team

Postby ElQuapo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:38 pm

thatguy wrote:Also, which size on mugshots is the dominant one? Is there a dominant size? Can they be thinner if they have the right height?

The default pictures which show if no picture is there for the player (the blue silhuet pictures) are 157x200, which is the reason I use this size. But as Minstrel says, you can use different sizes. Even wierd sizes like 144x170 will get shown in the game as I have discovered when testing pictures if I have forgotten to resize one.
ElQuapo
Fringe Player

Postby Minstrel » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:48 pm

Yes, the reason you can use any size as long as it's not too big for the space is that the 'display area' reserved for pics will center in the space an image of any size. We used 185x200 because the wider pics are better for action shots and it still leaves a border of space around the pic so it still looks good on the player profiles. You could use a pic that's 50x50 if you wanted to :dunno:
Minstrel
Minty
TBL Admin Team

Postby Shadd666 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:00 pm

Minstrel wrote:You can use any size under this but the cards format we are using for '07 is 185 x 200 and that's really as big as you should go. The stock pics are for some reason 157x200 and the '05 vintage cards were 144x200. I just figured people would take one of the three sizes as a model as all three would work. Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot Minstrel :)
I now have GIMP, which is a freeware, so i'll be able to do some graphical stuff when i'll have a bit more time to spend on it :)
Shadd666
Smiley Crazy Goodwill Ambassador!
Super Mario

Trophies:  1   1 

Re: Images / Add Ons For EHM 2007 Guide (work in progress)

Postby marksbros6 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:21 am

Looking to work on some 'action' images for player 'news' pics. Anyone know the max sizes for these? Are they the same as the player face pics?

I know the player face pics will come up as a default for the news articles if there aren't specific pics for them in the 'news' folder.
marksbros6
TBL Rosters Researcher

Re: Images / Add Ons For EHM 2007 Guide (work in progress)

Postby archibalduk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 pm

I think you might be able to make them a little larger, but I cannot recall. Try downloading some existing news images and see what size they are.

Alternatively, make a large image using a single colour as a test news image. Take a screenshot in-game of the news image and then measure the visible size of the image using an editor. This will give you the definitive maximum size.
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Return to Game Add-ons & TBL Rosters Forum