The Blue Line

***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Want to ask EHM graphics questions, questions about a project or make requests for a project? Don't know what files go where? Are you working on a new addon or roster update? This is the place to discuss! Also the official home of the TBL Eastside Hockey Manager Roster Update Project (formerly known as the Manimal/Lidas Rosters).
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters. If we do have an estimated release date then we will post it in the Site News. Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases. The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Locating your EHM:EA installation folderImporting an EHM 2007 database into EHM:EALogo DimensionsWhere to install databases and graphicsTBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby JimmyZ » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Hi,

I heard there may have been a shortage of researchers and thought I would lend a hand! I am an economics student and no EHM expert, not even remotely close but I have a passion for hockey and have been following it avidly for a long time. I am a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs and keep up to date on some of our prospects, I am certainly interested in trying to help out with local OHL teams, or perhaps AHL ones. I am certainly willing to watch more AHL and OHL hockey especially where the Leafs are concerned so I can get the job done correctly but I don't know exactly what is required to fill the role. I have plenty of excel experience with some of the co-op positions I have had, but don't have any with the EHM program used to edit the database but if it is excel based then I will figure it out very quickly.

I'm going back to school in January but I only have two class days a week and should be able to find a couple hours a week to help out! This is my first post here so obviously I can't PM so I guess i'll monitor this thread over the coming days/weeks!
JimmyZ
Learning to skate
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:55 pm
Points: 0.03

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby Manimal » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:49 pm

Atm, we cannot take on any researchers as we are closing in on the first release. We'll get back to you guys
User avatar
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 6,038
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 am
Points: 204.43
Trophies:  4 

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby chessarmy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:07 pm

Really hope the new rosters release before January 9

I'm on intersession vacation from college until then with a ton of time to play 8-)
chessarmy
Junior League
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:06 am
Points: 0.42

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby JimmyZ » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:58 pm

Manimal wrote:Atm, we cannot take on any researchers as we are closing in on the first release. We'll get back to you guys


I'd still be very interested in helping out with research for the next season beginning release as I assume there would be work available throughout the year!
JimmyZ
Learning to skate
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:55 pm
Points: 0.03

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby CJ » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:13 pm

JimmyZ wrote:I have plenty of excel experience with some of the co-op positions I have had, but don't have any with the EHM program used to edit the database but if it is excel based then I will figure it out very quickly.

As a researcher you'd actually only need Excel and no editor at all. :-) If/when someone starts their work someone can send you the spreadsheet of players (or whatever) as an Excel file which one can work on. :-)
User avatar
CJ
Formerly jhcjobpb
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 3,193
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm
Points: 52.96

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby JimmyZ » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:42 pm

CJ wrote:
JimmyZ wrote:I have plenty of excel experience with some of the co-op positions I have had, but don't have any with the EHM program used to edit the database but if it is excel based then I will figure it out very quickly.

As a researcher you'd actually only need Excel and no editor at all. :-) If/when someone starts their work someone can send you the spreadsheet of players (or whatever) as an Excel file which one can work on. :-)



Even better then, Look forward to hearing back from you guys in the future. Best of luck with the upcoming release I know I'm excited to use it!
JimmyZ
Learning to skate
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:55 pm
Points: 0.03

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby spring29 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:00 pm

I could work on the Norwegian league, if you're still looking for people :-D
spring29
Learning to skate
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:41 pm
Points: 0.02

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby PeakyBlinder » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Not trying to be that guy, but I guess I will, any clue as to when the new roster will be released?
User avatar
PeakyBlinder
Junior League
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:33 pm
Points: 0.25

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby nino33 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:46 pm

PeakyBlinder wrote:Not trying to be that guy, but I guess I will, any clue as to when the new roster will be released?
You answer is at the top of this thread (in red so it stands out)
User avatar
nino33
Retro Rosters Specialist
Mr. Goalie
 
Posts: 5,714
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:37 am
Points: 75.19

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby GooseGaming68 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:54 pm

I know its been a while since the last post on this thread but I would like to help out researching! I've got tons of free time on my hands and I follow the NCAA, CHL, AHL and NHL. I think I am an expert on the NHL but the rest of the leagues I think I am solid at. I know pretty much all the prospects for the NHL and I follow the Capitals so I know their roster Up and Down. I think I could help out most with the NCAA (being a new league and the fact that their a probably a lot of people working on the NHL, AHL and CHL). I have some experience editing for example I implemented the NHL schedule into the 9.4 rosters, I edited some players to make their team and their stats more realistic. I had an old account that had around 90+ posts and I've been with the website since EHM was released. Thanks for reading!
GooseGaming68
Junior League
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:45 pm
Points: 0.31

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby PhilHell37 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi!

I've been playing EHM for quite some time now (also used to play the 2007 version). Being from Bolzano, Italy, I obviously love playing with Erste Bank Eishockey Liga (EBEL). I always edit the TBL rosters myself to make EBEL more realistic. Now I thought that my work could be useful to more people and thought why not sign up as a researcher for Erste Bank Eishockey Liga and Alps Hockey League (which is sort of EBEL2 league) :nod:

So, please do not hesitate to contact me if you need someone to help out with Italian and Austrian rosters 8-)
PhilHell37
Learning to skate
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:42 pm
Points: 0.01

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby Satyr » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:42 am

I saw The Netherlands are playable now, I can help with full names and staff, for example. The youth teams are limited to a handful of last names it seems, and there are at least two 'girls' playable in those teams (based on their first names)
User avatar
Satyr
Fringe Player
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:17 pm
Points: 5.37
Trophies:  1 

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby Named » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am

That's awesome. Have You got Skype to I can send more details about co-work? :)
User avatar
Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 pm
Points: 6.64

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby Saibot88 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:07 pm

I would love to help with Sweden, player history and transfers :)

Let me know how.
User avatar
Saibot88
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:55 am
Points: 0.44

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby Alessandro » Mon May 08, 2017 8:18 pm

Saibot88 wrote:I would love to help with Sweden, player history and transfers :)

Let me know how.


For now we have enough people working on Sweden. Perhaps you want to help with some other league? We'd need a man in Finland.
User avatar
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold
 
Posts: 2,840
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:54 pm
Points: 79.29

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby Saibot88 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:49 am

Alessandro wrote:
Saibot88 wrote:I would love to help with Sweden, player history and transfers :)

Let me know how.


For now we have enough people working on Sweden. Perhaps you want to help with some other league? We'd need a man in Finland.


Sure I can do Finland. :)
User avatar
Saibot88
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:55 am
Points: 0.44

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby Alessandro » Tue May 09, 2017 9:17 am

Saibot88 wrote:
Alessandro wrote:
Saibot88 wrote:I would love to help with Sweden, player history and transfers :)

Let me know how.


For now we have enough people working on Sweden. Perhaps you want to help with some other league? We'd need a man in Finland.


Sure I can do Finland. :)


As a bonus I may tell you what to do with Vegas :-D
Do you have Skype?
User avatar
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold
 
Posts: 2,840
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:54 pm
Points: 79.29

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby Saibot88 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:08 am

Haha sounds good :p

Yes, .
Last edited by Saibot88 on Tue May 09, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Saibot88
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:55 am
Points: 0.44

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby Alessandro » Tue May 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Added
User avatar
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold
 
Posts: 2,840
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:54 pm
Points: 79.29

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby AaronRStanley » Sat May 13, 2017 6:06 am

Hi Alessandro,

I sent you a PM, but then I found this thread and figured it would be better to help with the research here. I did the WHL draft input and OHL draft input from the most recent draft in both leagues and done other research in the more distant past for other updates.

I'm not real strong as far as rating players as I'm not sure I understand the process, but I would be interested in continuing to help with the research. PM me when you can and we can figure out if I'm able to fill a current need for the team.

Aaron
AaronRStanley
Commish Team
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:57 pm
Points: 12.29
Trophies:  1 

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby Alessandro » Sat May 13, 2017 8:30 am

AaronRStanley wrote:Hi Alessandro,

I sent you a PM, but then I found this thread and figured it would be better to help with the research here. I did the WHL draft input and OHL draft input from the most recent draft in both leagues and done other research in the more distant past for other updates.

I'm not real strong as far as rating players as I'm not sure I understand the process, but I would be interested in continuing to help with the research. PM me when you can and we can figure out if I'm able to fill a current need for the team.

Aaron


The best thing would be talking over Skype. Do you have an account where we can write each other?
User avatar
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold
 
Posts: 2,840
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:54 pm
Points: 79.29

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby BrendanJure » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:10 am

Hey,

If you need a researcher for the NOJHL and GOHL, I can do it. I know they aren't playable leagues but could be good for detail sake or if they are eventually able to become playable.
BrendanJure
Learning to skate
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:01 am
Points: 0.02

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby Named » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:12 am

BrendanJure wrote:Hey,

If you need a researcher for the NOJHL and GOHL, I can do it. I know they aren't playable leagues but could be good for detail sake or if they are eventually able to become playable.


All help is welcome. :) Have You got Skype?
User avatar
Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 pm
Points: 6.64

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby BrendanJure » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:13 am

Not anymore. I'll look into getting it back.
BrendanJure
Learning to skate
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:01 am
Points: 0.02

Re: ***** TBL Rosters: Researcher Sign-up Thread *****

Postby red_wing » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Hey guys,

I can't seem to find information on what exactly is required of a researcher, but I'd love to be informed!
(I was going to PM a researcher to ask, but apparently I don't have permission to do that yet.)
red_wing
Junior League
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:23 am
Points: 0.09

PreviousNext

Return to Game Add-ons & TBL Rosters Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KvotheSG and 4 guests