The Blue Line

Project NHL 36 - a 2017-18 DB with 36 Team NHL/AHL/ECHL!

Want to ask EHM graphics questions, questions about a project or make requests for a project? Don't know what files go where? Are you working on a new addon or roster update? This is the place to discuss! Also the official home of the TBL Eastside Hockey Manager Roster Update Project (formerly known as the Manimal/Lidas Rosters).
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters. If we do have an estimated release date then we will post it in the Site News. Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases. The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Locating your EHM:EA installation folderImporting an EHM 2007 database into EHM:EALogo DimensionsWhere to install databases and graphicsTBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Re: Training camp bug

Postby BKarchitect » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm pretty sure it only my database that has the bug, I don't think the TLB 2017-18 beta has it and I'm sure when they release their final rosters it won't...
BKarchitect
Minor League

Re: Project NHL 36 - a 2017-18 DB with 36 Team NHL/AHL/ECHL!

Postby tomreno45 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Hey guys, I don't know about you but I love the NHL.com style small logos in this logo pack
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =836440511

Scrolling through the thread I didn't see any for the new teams so I decided to try and make some!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcaf3pgprloda ... S.zip?dl=0

This was my first time using Paint.NET and I'm really happy with how they turned out. I will update the file with the AHL and ECHL teams when I get to finishing them. I also included my two replacement teams, North Dakota Spartans and Saskatchewan Rush if anyone was interested.

I love the 36 team NHL, and hopefully we can get a 40 team NHL eventually!
tomreno45
Learning to skate

Postby archibalduk » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:36 pm

BKarchitect - I noticed in the Editor that part of the Start Date has been overlooked (as is the case with the TBL Beta Rosters). If you load the Editor and then click on the Data tab and then Saved Game Header you'll see that the Base Year is set as 2016. This should be set to 2017 too.

I appreciate that it's not obvious from the Editor that both need to be changed (it only became apparent that both need to be changed this summer when I was looking at the Beta rosters). I'll make it easier in the next version of the Editor.
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Postby BKarchitect » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:16 am

Oh thanks for the heads up archi, maybe that will fix the camp issue.

V1.3 of NHL36 will be out soon...big update to the OHL and have started the WHL so all junior leagues will be up to date with lots of new future 2001 and some 2002 born stars.

Also, I've stalked every team forum on HFBoards and tweaked all NHL rosters to approximate current opening night thinking regarding depth charts. Lots of big improvements to breakout camp stars and prospects who appear close to being NHL ready plus of course stout ratings for what should be a great NHL rookie class.

So, bottom line - even if you are playing an expansion club - these developments will add some new wrinkles to who becomes available to you early on.
BKarchitect
Minor League

Postby BulldogsFan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:07 pm

USHL has an error i believe when u click on USHL it crashes.. Also i get notes about 21+ yr olds that arent signed to get a look from our club even 30 yr olds.. The max a player can be is 20 yrs..
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect

Postby BulldogsFan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:28 am

I know this isn't the thread. For it but ur 32 team database the error for training camp is the only error correct
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect

Postby raipeh » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:59 pm

BKarchitect wrote:
27.9. --- V1.3 of NHL36 will be out soon...

Still anxiously waiting for the update, friend! :notworthy:
raipeh
Learning to skate

Postby BKarchitect » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Here's an "interim" version of 1.1 before I release v1.2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2rso2s4xmsheje/NHL%2036%20v1.1.zip?dl=0

- CHL fleshed out
- NCAA updated with accurate rosters including full, real freshman classes for all 60+ D1 schools (still need to add some players though)
- In conjunction with the NCAA update, quite a bit of updates on the USHL and other Junior A leagues for future commits (hundreds+ real life commits)
- UPSHL re-organized into NCDC and USPHL Premier Divisions (important for feeding into NCAA)
- Updated transactions and extensions for NHL and other major leagues as usual
- Lots of rating updates to represent NHL training camp results and early season depth charts and games...guys like Jesper Bratt now have the talent to challenge for important NHL roles, guys like Kailer Yamamoto and Alex Formenton are good enough to at least get a 9-game look and boosts for guys like Nick Schmaltz and Brayden Point and Kevin Labanc who look like they could kick into scoring stars this season. Went through every NHL depth chart and used feedback from training camps...for example, former 2nd round pick Marcus Pettersson of Anaheim was kind of a nobody the last few years but almost made the Ducks and is once again a very serious good prospect while college signings like Alex Kerfoot, Will Butcher and Alex Iafallo are clearly NHL level players. No guarantee the CPU will organize their depth charts the same as real life and positions are tricky since they vary in real life but it'll give the game an accurate base.
- Continue to try and update heights and weights as I go - most of the CHL should be pretty accurate now, most top young NHL players should be but there's going to still be some out of date.

Note: As described by Bulldogs Fan above, the USHL is currently having a crash when you attempt to be a GM as one of the clubs. You can currently select it and run it on full detail and it will work just fine (including correct ages) but the moment you try to assume control of one of the clubs, it will crash. I am working on this...

For v1.2 I hope to have the USHL issue fixed, the NCDC playable (it's a Tier II junior feeder league into the NCAA like the NAHL is) and there seems to be a scheduling issue in future NHL seasons where there is a home/road imbalance to the schedule which I am looking into. Also will continue to see if I can fix the stupid training camp bug.

Anyways...enjoy the challenge!
BKarchitect
Minor League

Postby kini666 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:15 am

is there any mode somewhere in the editor to make an expantion draft ? or we need to do it by hand
kini666
Learning to skate

Postby BKarchitect » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:33 pm

You have to do expansion by hand...

A put up new version 1.2 in the first post and here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/clw4jwqr9jmch79/NHL%2036%20v1.2.zip?dl=0

- Continued updates for major leagues, player movement, extensions (Matheson the latest one), etc. Few more tweaks based on early season NHL depth-charts and player usage...boosts for unheralded rookies logging important minutes and ratings reductions for older guys clearly now featured in lesser and lesser roles. Should make the overall NHL experience feel very contemporary and relevant to what is happening on the ice right now, that's the hope anyways...haven't tested a ton. Also can't account for the CPU being stupid even if the ratings reflect current depth charts...and of course, there are 5 extra teams! But still should feel pretty good.
- Did NOT yet fix either the training camp bug or the USHL GM bug. Sorry, just been busy. The USHL is still fully in there, it's just unstable at the moment to be an actual USHL GM.
- Added the NCDC and WSHL for college path leagues...not playable yet though.
- The entire NCAA has been updated down to every depth player listed on each of the 60 some rosters. Also, the USHL has been cleaned up - not every single USHL player is in the database but a good majority are including hundreds of future NCAA commits.
- Some light updating of the NAHL, NCDC, BCHL, AJHL, OJHL, etc just based on making sure current players who are committed to NCAA programs are for the most part on the right teams in the right leagues. Far from comprehensive though.
BKarchitect
Minor League

Postby BKarchitect » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:22 pm

dani9 - who does awesome work with his amazing logo packs was gracious enough to work his magic on my altered NHL36 universe so you can now have full team logos including the NHL.com style small logos to match if you use his other logo packs. Thanks dani9!

Download here (will also add to front page):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0c5zwpoaaggbgp1/NHL36logos.rar
BKarchitect
Minor League

Postby rickard1122 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi I cant start a game :(
rickard1122
Junior League

Postby mmolvid » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Same problem the game does not start up, when "initializing game data" almost att the en of the bar (95%) the game crashes... ](*,)
mmolvid
Learning to skate

Postby sensaa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:52 pm

BKarchitect wrote:dani9 - who does awesome work with his amazing logo packs was gracious enough to work his magic on my altered NHL36 universe so you can now have full team logos including the NHL.com style small logos to match if you use his other logo packs. Thanks dani9!

Download here (will also add to front page):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0c5zwpoaaggbgp1/NHL36logos.rar

Hey BK, there's a typo error in the small logo for Quebec, file is called Quebec Nordigues, should be Nordiques.
sensaa
Junior League

Postby Vygor » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:25 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155229813715674&set=a.10150154328775674.285096.655860673&type=3&theater Nhl 36 Team Roster version 1.1 first game lineup with Schlemko as the only injury, pretty sweet wheeling and dealing! Thank you for your roster!
Vygor
Learning to skate

Postby colinrsmall » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22 pm

I'm thinking of editing the DB at the start to add players to NHL team's AHL affiliates since I think they're still bugged (neither the NHL nor AHL team will sign enough guys to fill out AHL rosters). Has anyone had any luck doing this?
colinrsmall
Prospect

Previous

Return to Game Add-ons & TBL Rosters Forum