The Blue Line

Minimalist Skin by Shindigs

Skins for Eastside Hockey Manager. These change the appearance of the game.

Minimalist Skin by Shindigs

Postby Shindigs » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Well, the new topic button is currently missing from the skins forum. So I guess this is the next best place. I've been working on a minimalist skin that is heavily influenced by the default FM16 skin. There may still be some bugs as there are some skin elements that I have not managed to find, as well as some colours that are seemingly hardcoded into the game. So no luck changing those.

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXFKQMOdPqgiCxmFDzXc47Antb3
Mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mp47c21e759j ... n.rar?dl=0

Before downloading and "installing" it, make sure you make a backup copy of your "ehm_default" folder and your ehm_default.col file. As you will need to replace both of those for this skin to work. And unless you have a backup you won't be able to go back to the normal ehm skin without a repair/reinstall.

I have yet to reskin the match screen, since I don't watch games in 2D I spend little to no time there. But it's on my to-do list. So just know that it will not have been updated at all in this version, and some bugs may still exist (if you come across a crudely drawn 6, 7, 8 or 9 or random white lines (my way of identifying skin elements, don't judge!). Please report it to me and I'll fix it ASAP.

This is what the skin looks like in-game:

As you may have guessed, if you're not a fan of grey. This skin isn't for you.
Shindigs
Gone scouting
Minor League

Re: Minimalist Skin by Shindigs

Postby archibalduk » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:05 am

Nice - I really like what you have done with this skin. :thup:
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Postby Shindigs » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:37 pm

archibalduk wrote:Nice - I really like what you have done with this skin. :thup:

Thanks, just fixed one bug and one slight issue. The scout report button for players you don't have a scout report on was still the only default one. That's fixed in the new upload, also I'm aware that teams with a white away jersey will make the boxscore screen look a bit odd. Sadly that row of buttons share the skin with other screens, so not a whole lot to do about that. I also made the seethrough background slightly more seethrough and the white text a few shades grayer to limit the eye-strain from too much contrast.
Shindigs
Gone scouting
Minor League

Postby Shindigs » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:01 am

When I pushed the update to the dropbox last night I accidentally ended up with colorblind.col instead of ehm_default.col :S Fixed that now.
Shindigs
Gone scouting
Minor League

Postby Shindigs » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:15 pm

I've fixed the issue with the match screen having invisible buttons when either team has white as their main colour on their kit. I'd prefer to have that button bar with a highlight at the top and a shadow at the bottom. Sadly it shares the same look as the buttons at the bottom of the titlebar in the normal game screens, so I can't change it without messing up the minimalist look there:/
Shindigs
Gone scouting
Minor League

Postby Named » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:06 am

Great job. :) it looks very good!
Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby Shindigs » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Named wrote:Great job. :) it looks very good!

Thanks, glad you like it.
Shindigs
Gone scouting
Minor League

Postby benletley » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:26 pm

can you please give me a step-by-step plan on how to download it. Sorry I'm a noob :dunno: ](*,)
benletley
Learning to skate

Postby lBATEMANl » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:18 am

For some reason when I install it, it still uses the default skin and that folder and the .col file aren't even in the skins folder anymore. Do you know how I can fix this? Thanks. :)
lBATEMANl
Learning to skate

Postby Shindigs » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:40 pm

benletley wrote:can you please give me a step-by-step plan on how to download it. Sorry I'm a noob :dunno: ](*,)

In the original post click the mirror link, it takes you to the dropbox page where it says you can't preview .rar files, in the top right corner there is a box with 3 dots in it, when you click that you get a dropdown menu with "download" as one of the options. No idea why there isn't just a download button, guess dropbox is being silly.

After that just unzip it and follow the instructions in the readme file.

lBATEMANl wrote:For some reason when I install it, it still uses the default skin and that folder and the .col file aren't even in the skins folder anymore. Do you know how I can fix this? Thanks. :)

Did the original ehm_default folder disappear or both the original and the new one? If the folder and .col file isn't there at all just unzip the .rar file again and extract the files to the folder. Then make sure that you have "Traditional" set as the skin in the preferences menu, if it's set to colorblind for whatever reason it won't change the skin.
Shindigs
Gone scouting
Minor League

Postby Shindigs » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:54 am

Shindigs wrote:When I pushed the update to the dropbox last night I accidentally ended up with colorblind.col instead of ehm_default.col :S Fixed that now.

I accidentally did it again, fixed it again. No idea why I keep doing that ](*,)
Shindigs
Gone scouting
Minor League

Postby Shindigs » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:31 am

Still can't edit posts in this subforum so wall of posts continues. I just found a placeholder for the highlight in the new game screen for picking your team. Fixed it to use the same highlight as the dropdown menus, also changed the highlight in the news screen to use that same highlight for consistency.
Shindigs
Gone scouting
Minor League

Postby oilers91 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Hey so i downloaded this skin and moved the files over to where they have to do and my star players dont highlight like in the picture
sorry newbie
oilers91
Learning to skate

Postby gillespie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:25 am

I'm playing EHM on a mac via WIneskin and I've managed to update the rosters and pictures and most of the important stuff, but for some reason I can't copy these files into the skins folder. Any ideas how to fix it?
gillespie
Learning to skate

Return to Skins