EHM Challenge #45

Next Challenge?

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.
Forum rules
Don't forget to check out your General Manager Profile to help gauge your performances in the Challenges! You can also look back at your career history on your Challenge Career History Profile.

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby Canadian Passport » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:14 pm

nine-o wrote:Any chance this is starting back up soonish? I've been checking in an embarrassingly high number of times, figured I'd actually ask this go-around haha.


Yeah, I've doing the same thing. Checking in every day to see if we have new challenge.
Canadian Passport
Junior League
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:58 pm
Points: 0.46

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby archibalduk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:52 pm

I think B72 is taking some time away at the moment. I can get one started for you but it'll probably be based on the existing rules (so something like the NCAA would probably be a no-go this time). Does anybody have any preference for the team?
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,186
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 193.02
Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby Named » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:06 am

We will add few more lower EU leagues so maybe back to Europe?
User avatar
Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 pm
Points: 6.25

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby stone169 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:19 am

I was wondering when the next challenge would begin. Then I started to think..."Hey, we're getting close to the expansion draft". "Hey, I wonder if Sports Interactive will update EHM to include a team from Las Vegas or leave that up to the community." And then I started thinking..."Maybe that's why there hasn't been a new challenge yet. Maybe the new challenge will commence after the expansion draft is done and that new challenge will be Las Vegas."

But I guess Archi's explanation will have to do.
User avatar
stone169
Fourth Line
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Points: 13.67
Trophies:  2   2

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby archibalduk » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:06 am

Named wrote:We will add few more lower EU leagues so maybe back to Europe?


If there is demand then we could of course do that. I know in the past the interest and participation in Euro challenges has been very low (which is a shame IMO) - but happy to set one up if people are interested. If we could get some suggestions for Euro and North American teams then I will set up a poll. :thup:

stone169 wrote:I was wondering when the next challenge would begin. Then I started to think..."Hey, we're getting close to the expansion draft". "Hey, I wonder if Sports Interactive will update EHM to include a team from Las Vegas or leave that up to the community." And then I started thinking..."Maybe that's why there hasn't been a new challenge yet. Maybe the new challenge will commence after the expansion draft is done and that new challenge will be Las Vegas."

But I guess Archi's explanation will have to do.


Lol sorry! :D
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,186
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 193.02
Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby redrobert81 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:35 am

archibalduk wrote:I think B72 is taking some time away at the moment. I can get one started for you but it'll probably be based on the existing rules (so something like the NCAA would probably be a no-go this time). Does anybody have any preference for the team?


Too bad the NCAA will not be available
User avatar
redrobert81
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:16 pm
Points: 1.04

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby nine-o » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:45 pm

archibalduk wrote:I think B72 is taking some time away at the moment.


What?! And at that huge salary of **completely nothing**? What are we even not paying him for?
User avatar
nine-o
Junior League
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:11 pm
Points: 0.30

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby nine-o » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:47 pm

archibalduk wrote:Does anybody have any preference for the team?


Anyone terrible. I love a good rebuild haha - my suggestion would be the Nucks or Devils, or even the Jets/Wild/Jackets from the Retro Rosters.
User avatar
nine-o
Junior League
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:11 pm
Points: 0.30

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby archibalduk » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:31 pm

nine-o wrote:
archibalduk wrote:I think B72 is taking some time away at the moment.


What?! And at that huge salary of **completely nothing**? What are we even not paying him for?


Tell me about it! We even gave him a 100% pay increase the other week! :D

nine-o wrote:
archibalduk wrote:Does anybody have any preference for the team?


Anyone terrible. I love a good rebuild haha - my suggestion would be the Nucks or Devils, or even the Jets/Wild/Jackets from the Retro Rosters.


That's a good idea. How about a 1998 DB team? I'll try to sim a game and see who really struggles. That way we can pick one of the poorer teams and, as with last time, start with a saved game shortly after the 1998/99 playoffs. :thup:
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,186
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 193.02
Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby stone169 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:42 am

archibalduk wrote:
That's a good idea. How about a 1998 DB team? I'll try to sim a game and see who really struggles. That way we can pick one of the poorer teams and, as with last time, start with a saved game shortly after the 1998/99 playoffs. :thup:


I like that one.
User avatar
stone169
Fourth Line
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Points: 13.67
Trophies:  2   2

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby Canadian Passport » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:33 am

That sounds good to me too. I really like that 98 db.
Canadian Passport
Junior League
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:58 pm
Points: 0.46

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby nine-o » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Canadian Passport wrote:That sounds good to me too. I really like that 98 db.


Agreed. The 98 db is like candy for the nineties kids/hockey fanatics of the world.
User avatar
nine-o
Junior League
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:11 pm
Points: 0.30

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby MWE » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Sounds good to me I enjoyed the last 98 db game we played.
MWE
#1 Tom Sestito Fan
Stanley Cup Winner
 
Posts: 1,383
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:43 pm
Points: 17.84
Trophies:  1   1

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby CJ » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Glad you guys are enjoying the 98db. :-D :thup:
User avatar
CJ
Formerly jhcjobpb
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 3,104
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm
Points: 52.08

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby archibalduk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Having carried out a one year sim, my suggestion would be the Islanders. Otherwise perhaps the Preds or the Panthers. The Islanders are looking particularly nasty! :-D

Wikipedia sums up the Islanders' season pretty well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_New_York_Islanders_season#Playoffs wrote:The Islanders had yet another disappointing season and were unable to qualify for the playoffs for the fifth straight year.
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,186
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 193.02
Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby Manimal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:58 pm

If you guys play with the 98db, please post whatever tweaks and stuff that comes up as I am working on that db.
What I focus on atm is getting draft info and rights set up and adding some players in the process
User avatar
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 5,984
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 am
Points: 203.89
Trophies:  4 

Re: Next Challenge?

Postby nine-o » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:52 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_New_York_Islanders_season#Playoffs wrote:The Islanders had yet another disappointing season and were unable to qualify for the playoffs for the fifth straight year.


...are we sure this is the wikipedia entry for that year, and not the entry for every year since "Brian Trottier" was a household name?
User avatar
nine-o
Junior League
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:11 pm
Points: 0.30

Previous

Return to Challenge Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests