The Blue Line

How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Useful Links: EHM 2005 GuideEHM 2007 GuideEHM:EA ChangelistEHM:EA User Manual

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby soxboy90 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:10 pm

I was managing team Canada in the world championships, as well as my team through the playoffs, and as I kept going in the playoffs, once it ended I realized I had no idea what had happened to the world championships. It just stopped.

I went back to check and there is an unplayed game from a month ago. Everything else in the entire tournament continued through the group stage but because of this one random glitched unplayed game, it won't advance to any other rounds. There is no winner. It just grinds to a halt and didn't continue.

So I've decided to pretend that there was some major political strife in the host country in 2032, and that's why there's not going to be a winner in the history books. :-p

Definitely not a glitch I've come across before.
soxboy90
Junior League

Postby philou21 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:11 am

2028-2029 season is about to start for my Pens. We lost in the first round of the playoffs and did nother making an update since summer has been pretty chill.

Kessel's gone, Crosby resigned for 1 years averaging 2.5 millions per years and yes, he will be 41 shortly. I'm just keeping him so he can retire with me, since some teams were interested in him when he went UFA. He went UFA because he never wanted to negociate a contract with me until he ended up UFA. So with Crosby and Kessel 9 millions gone and me still having a young team, I knew cap issues were going to happen.

So I had to make some things with the UFAs that were against my rules for this save but yeah, I didn't wanted to deal with the constant message of fines since I was below the salary floor. I signed one of the top UFA that is 32 yo and only a second liner to a one year contract worth 8.5 millions. He was asking something near 7.5 but I wanted to make sure that only him would permit me to be over the salary floor. Only one year and he'll be gone anyway. With him I signed a young defensive foward, since I didn't had any in my team, to a four years deal with an average of 2.25 millions per year.

Season's preview came out and we are finally out of that 30th place! :D We're now 25th in the league but that stupid signing I had to do probably played a huge part in getting higher on the list. This year is the rookie year of my superb prospect Par Emanuelsson. He's the 6th overall player in the 2026 draft. He's from Sweden and I brought him last year into the AHL so he could adapt a bit. He did 71 pts in 76 games with a performance ratio of 7.93. He won the rookie of the year for the AHL. Most of his attributes were orange when I drafted him and he's developing very fast. So I hope he'll be a Calder contender this year.

Here's the guy:

Looking foward to make the playoffs this year and see when Kessel will retire since nobody has approched him. Maybe Crosby after this year will hang up his skates too. Let's get this year over with so that 8.5 millions dude is out of my team. :D
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One

Postby philou21 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:41 pm

Season's over and we won the Cup! We made a great playoffs run. Going 16-3-3 and won our last two series in 7 games.

The regular season went alright. We went 50-25-7 good for the 7th spot in the east. The eastern conference was REALLY good this year 8 teams finished with more than 100 pts and even the Devils, with 101 points, missed the playoffs. Behind them were the Jackets at 98 pts. That was a pretty close call! In comparaison, only 2 teams in the west went over 100 pts. In fact, if I was in the west I would clinched the 1st place.

Here's the players stats:

Brooks had an amazing year, finishing first in pts and the only player over 100 pts. I also signed him to a 7 years contract worth 6.75 millions per years. Which is a huge deal since most of these players are signing close to 10-11 millions. Emanuelsson who it was it's first year with us did a very good job. He will probably win the Calder with those stats. Mercure also had a good season. Logging close to 50 pts in his second year with us. I signed him for 6 years with an average of 4.7 millions per years. This signing comes in handy since McIsaac, my superstar dman, wants to test the UFA market. His salary was 6 millions this year and even though he was open-minded to my offers, he refused a 6 years extension with a salary of 8.5 millions per years. So I guess he's aiming at 10 millions and probably another team will give it too him but that will not be me. This guy is my pillar in defense and it will hurt ALOT. Especially after only three years with me and the best seasons of his career. Oh well, that's hockey! I hope something good will be available in the UFA market to compensate. My two "forced" signing went well. Davidsson did 61 pts with a mediocre 7.07 ratio but Fiala on the other end did the best season of his career. Still, despite those stats I'm going to let them go, since they weren't in my plans.

So heading out to the draft with the help of Shindigs scouting tips I hope I'll be able to land something good. :-p My defense prospects are really not looking good right now and with the most likely loss of McIsaac, I'll need to chose wisely. Maybe I'll try to trade to pick earlier in the first round. This off season is going to be interesting and crucial at the same time.
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One

Postby yoteshot » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Woah, sounds like the end for Crosby! What are his career numbers?
yoteshot
Junior League

Postby philou21 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:48 pm

1748 games played, 689 G-1155 A=1844 pts, +508, 1235 PIM and 2252 SOG. If I had take the team earlier I'm sure I could have give him his 2000 pts. He's not that far.
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One

Postby yoteshot » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Is it a real 1748 games though? I know EHM seems to count some other games in that total for me (ie.: Taylor Hall apparently hit 700 career games sometime in 2017-18 in my game when he should be hitting 500 only. I think the game counts junior games in that total, he apparently also hit 800 pts which is nowhere near real life).

In any case, 1748 games for Crosby sounds like a lot (21 full seasons) considering the lockout and his injuries. Still, that would put him 5th OV in all-time scoring, 4 points behind Howe. He has to keep going for one more season. 43 points to reach Messier though, that would be tough I have to think.
yoteshot
Junior League

Postby philou21 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:36 pm

1748 games is indeed his NHL total. All time career is 1960 games. The worst season he had after the start date of 2016-2017 is 74. Most of the other seasons he went between 78-82 games.
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One

Postby aidanmac22 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Year 2 with the Devils, here are my lines
Hall Kuznetsov Palmieri
Cammalleri Henrique Bennett
Kunitz Zacha Smith-Pelly
Josefson Kalinin Lappin
Blandisi Tedenby

Greene Severson
Campbell Lovejoy
Moore Merrill
Olsen

Schneider
Kinkaid
aidanmac22
Junior League

Postby NHL19 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:31 pm

Anyone who have a hard challenge to me? I have no idea with team or league i will play in.. :-? Only with the 9.5/9.6 TBL Roster
NHL19
Junior League

Postby colinrsmall » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:48 am

NHL19 wrote:Anyone who have a hard challenge to me? I have no idea with team or league i will play in.. :-? Only with the 9.5/9.6 TBL Roster

If you're comfortable with using the roster: Release all of a team's players and rights to free agency, and build a new team from only free agents who weren't part of the old organization.
colinrsmall
Prospect

Postby TheLastOlympian07 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:02 am

Decided to take a shot at Hockey in Atlanta with the Atlanta Flames in the 1974 database. Figured make some successful hockey in Atlanta for once ;) However, I will let the coach decide lines and tactics because it gets to OP if I make everything so going to make this a challenge. I will make a story blog about it here on the website and will do small little recaps in here. So hope you guys enjoy.
TheLastOlympian07
Junior League

Postby hillar83 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Hello,

Just started my first try to actually master this game. Played 35 hours and finally starting to get the hang of it. :-k

I am playing with Asplöven in Swedish third division. Going well so far. So far the challenges have been few. But updates are coming along the season. Only one signing so far and that is the Left Winger, Daniel Spacek from Czech Republic.

:thup:
hillar83
Learning to skate

Previous

Return to General EHM Chat