The Blue Line

College

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Useful Links: EHM 2005 GuideEHM 2007 GuideEHM:EA ChangelistEHM:EA User Manual

College

Postby BulldogsFan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Never played as a College in EHM and was just wondering how does it work... if u are a college team do u just sign players like ufas to commit to ur school like how does it work
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:59 pm
Points: 1.30

Re: College

Postby redrobert81 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:20 pm

i really like managing in college. What i do is not look on the UFA market. i scout several youth/high school leagus for players aged 17-20. and start offering them contracts. I do this only after november starts, because i feel it is cheating doing it in octibre, as trhen the other colleges will do nothing. I also never offer a player a contract that has player even a single game in the major juniors OHL, WHL, QMJHL. I also set myself a personal limit of 5 import players.

If you sign too good players you have to be prepared that the NHL may take them of your roster
User avatar
redrobert81
Drafted
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:16 pm
Points: 1.60

Re: College

Postby BulldogsFan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:40 pm

I started in July 22nd and i open a players profile on July 9th and it only shows scout create note and compare players. Is there a certian date or month that we can start to offer aiming for college, contracts
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:59 pm
Points: 1.30

Re: College

Postby redrobert81 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:43 pm

you can start anytime, players will join 1st august. But i would not offer before 1st november as the AI college team start offering on 1st november. Offering in octobre would mean you can get the top players before any AI would consider them - not fair :-)
User avatar
redrobert81
Drafted
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:16 pm
Points: 1.60

Re: College

Postby BulldogsFan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:19 pm

redrobert81 wrote:you can start anytime, players will join 1st august. But i would not offer before 1st november as the AI college team start offering on 1st november. Offering in octobre would mean you can get the top players before any AI would consider them - not fair :-)


hmm.. I seen a bunch of 15-16 yr olds that have good ratings but its not letting me sing them maybe they are too early to sign and they have no committed team under their information i guess its too early to sign those players
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:59 pm
Points: 1.30

Re: College

Postby redrobert81 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:47 pm

BulldogsFan wrote:
redrobert81 wrote:you can start anytime, players will join 1st august. But i would not offer before 1st november as the AI college team start offering on 1st november. Offering in octobre would mean you can get the top players before any AI would consider them - not fair :-)


hmm.. I seen a bunch of 15-16 yr olds that have good ratings but its not letting me sing them maybe they are too early to sign and they have no committed team under their information i guess its too early to sign those players


i always search 17-20 year olds and i only offer them if they are 18yo once the next season starts
User avatar
redrobert81
Drafted
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:16 pm
Points: 1.60

Re: College

Postby redrobert81 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:53 pm

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13587&start=1175

in this thread i write a little about my NCAA career. it still is great fun
User avatar
redrobert81
Drafted
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:16 pm
Points: 1.60

Re: College

Postby BulldogsFan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:21 am

does that mean that i cant offer or try to sing them until August or September 2016?
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:59 pm
Points: 1.30

Re: College

Postby redrobert81 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:44 am

I could offer them all year long

And look into future transactions you will probably see a few players are coming in in future years
User avatar
redrobert81
Drafted
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:16 pm
Points: 1.60

Re: College

Postby BulldogsFan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:26 am

I am playing as Ferris State Bulldogs in WCHA..Like there is 20 yr olds i can sign but there is a 15 yr old that i want to sign from NTDP Juniors that i cant offer him a contract i can only scout him etc. Then i look at say for example David Brumm who is say 18 on Dubuque of USHl him too i can only scout i cant offer him a deal either... none of these guys are committed to any school yet?

Seems like the only ones that i can really sign right now are the players that are UFAs and not on a team?
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:59 pm
Points: 1.30

Re: College

Postby redrobert81 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:26 am

BulldogsFan wrote:I am playing as Ferris State Bulldogs in WCHA..Like there is 20 yr olds i can sign but there is a 15 yr old that i want to sign from NTDP Juniors that i cant offer him a contract i can only scout him etc. Then i look at say for example David Brumm who is say 18 on Dubuque of USHl him too i can only scout i cant offer him a deal either... none of these guys are committed to any school yet?

Seems like the only ones that i can really sign right now are the players that are UFAs and not on a team?


hmm the 15yo i can understand as he is too young. But i have signed many players playing in the USHL. Maybe they have played a pro game allready?
User avatar
redrobert81
Drafted
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:16 pm
Points: 1.60

Re: College

Postby BulldogsFan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:32 am

redrobert81 wrote:
BulldogsFan wrote:I am playing as Ferris State Bulldogs in WCHA..Like there is 20 yr olds i can sign but there is a 15 yr old that i want to sign from NTDP Juniors that i cant offer him a contract i can only scout him etc. Then i look at say for example David Brumm who is say 18 on Dubuque of USHl him too i can only scout i cant offer him a deal either... none of these guys are committed to any school yet?

Seems like the only ones that i can really sign right now are the players that are UFAs and not on a team?


hmm the 15yo i can understand as he is too young. But i have signed many players playing in the USHL. Maybe they have played a pro game allready?


Not sure... Just wondering which database are you playing with... u using the current TBL one or the 31 NHL with Vegas or the 32 NHL team database?
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:59 pm
Points: 1.30

Re: College

Postby redrobert81 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:51 am

TBL 9.5 is the one i am currently playing with
User avatar
redrobert81
Drafted
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:16 pm
Points: 1.60

Re: College

Postby BulldogsFan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:33 pm

Just wondering i know if u sign a player he joins your team. I remember for OHL or even NHL if u sign a player from say OHL after a certian date he joins ur club in like June or July what is the cut off date for players to join NCAA the following season?
BulldogsFan
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:59 pm
Points: 1.30

Re: College

Postby 92joehal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:11 pm

NCAA is for me the most fun part of EHM. I love recruiting players for my college team.

However, after 3-4 seasons when all players have left from the start of the save and you have a full team of only players you have recruited yourself, you tend to be too dominant even if you recruit with that in mind.

Is it possible to disable the signing bonus option when signing contracts? I think that would help in both ways. It is the only way of getting the best players and it seems also the only way why players choose a worse team than mine if I do not offer them any bonuses.
92joehal
Junior League
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:15 pm
Points: 0.16

Re: College

Postby Alessandro » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:28 pm

92joehal wrote:
However, after 3-4 seasons when all players have left from the start of the save and you have a full team of only players you have recruited yourself, you tend to be too dominant even if you recruit with that in mind.


That is because the game code is not optimized for NCAA signing. We, the human players, know whom to chase, the AI does not. Riz has did some work on the transfer engine for the 1.5 update, but don't expect any miracle.
Unfortunately it's not possible to remove signing bonuses, but I can try and ask Riz if he can add it for 1.5.
User avatar
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold
 
Posts: 2,846
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:54 pm
Points: 79.35

Re: College

Postby Primis » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:23 pm

92joehal wrote:Is it possible to disable the signing bonus option when signing contracts? I think that would help in both ways. It is the only way of getting the best players and it seems also the only way why players choose a worse team than mine if I do not offer them any bonuses.


With admittedly-somewhat-limited experimentation, I also found that Team Reputation does matter. A low-rep NCAA team will have a hard time getting guys regardless. The higher-rep NCAA teams will usually win out.
User avatar
Primis
Freeware Moderator
 
Posts: 1,606
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 pm
Points: 16.06

Re: College

Postby Alessandro » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Primis wrote:
92joehal wrote:Is it possible to disable the signing bonus option when signing contracts? I think that would help in both ways. It is the only way of getting the best players and it seems also the only way why players choose a worse team than mine if I do not offer them any bonuses.


With admittedly-somewhat-limited experimentation, I also found that Team Reputation does matter. A low-rep NCAA team will have a hard time getting guys regardless. The higher-rep NCAA teams will usually win out.


Still not being able to offer signing bonus of course makes a lot of sense.
User avatar
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold
 
Posts: 2,846
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:54 pm
Points: 79.35

Re: College

Postby Primis » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:17 pm

Alessandro wrote:Still not being able to offer signing bonus of course makes a lot of sense.


Oh definitely. I just was pointing out that team rep seems to make a lot of difference in NCAA.

If Riz could make a flag to disable those contract options, I certainly wouldn't complain. It would be amazing if he could eventually work NCAA-related flags in for leagues.
User avatar
Primis
Freeware Moderator
 
Posts: 1,606
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 pm
Points: 16.06

Re: College

Postby 92joehal » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 am

Primis wrote:
92joehal wrote:Is it possible to disable the signing bonus option when signing contracts? I think that would help in both ways. It is the only way of getting the best players and it seems also the only way why players choose a worse team than mine if I do not offer them any bonuses.


With admittedly-somewhat-limited experimentation, I also found that Team Reputation does matter. A low-rep NCAA team will have a hard time getting guys regardless. The higher-rep NCAA teams will usually win out.


Yes, but I have lost players to teams with low-rep despite giving the player the best possible player status. That makes me think that the player might get a bonus from the team with lower rep.
92joehal
Junior League
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:15 pm
Points: 0.16

Re: College

Postby Kopi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 pm

BulldogsFan wrote:I am playing as Ferris State Bulldogs in WCHA..Like there is 20 yr olds i can sign but there is a 15 yr old that i want to sign from NTDP Juniors that i cant offer him a contract i can only scout him etc. Then i look at say for example David Brumm who is say 18 on Dubuque of USHl him too i can only scout i cant offer him a deal either... none of these guys are committed to any school yet?

Seems like the only ones that i can really sign right now are the players that are UFAs and not on a team?


im having same problems as Bulldogsfan..im playing as Sacred Heart in Atlantic Hockey As. and i just cant sign players from 17 or 18 or 19 or 20 years of age that play in USHL or NAHL and it is 1st of november 2016..
User avatar
Kopi
Fringe Player
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Points: 13.74
Trophies:  3   1

Re: College

Postby Alessandro » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:40 pm

Did you try with the latest beta version?
User avatar
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold
 
Posts: 2,846
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:54 pm
Points: 79.35

Re: College

Postby Kopi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:43 am

Alessandro wrote:Did you try with the latest beta version?


9.6 version.
User avatar
Kopi
Fringe Player
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Points: 13.74
Trophies:  3   1

Re: College

Postby Alessandro » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Kopi wrote:
Alessandro wrote:Did you try with the latest beta version?


9.6 version.


Yes. It should be fixed with the latest beta. If you want to try...
That said, college is I think quite good just in the first few seasons. Later on, it becomes too easy as the AI isn't good enough in managing their rosters as they don't sign players from USHL, they don't sign foreign players, and so on.
User avatar
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold
 
Posts: 2,846
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:54 pm
Points: 79.35

Re: College

Postby Kopi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Alessandro wrote:
Kopi wrote:
Alessandro wrote:Did you try with the latest beta version?


9.6 version.


Yes. It should be fixed with the latest beta. If you want to try...
That said, college is I think quite good just in the first few seasons. Later on, it becomes too easy as the AI isn't good enough in managing their rosters as they don't sign players from USHL, they don't sign foreign players, and so on.


Thank you Alessandro...will try it! :thup:
User avatar
Kopi
Fringe Player
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Points: 13.74
Trophies:  3   1

Next

Return to General EHM Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests