The Blue Line

Player budget does not increase

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Useful Links: EHM 2005 GuideEHM 2007 GuideEHM:EA ChangelistEHM:EA User Manual

Player budget does not increase

Postby Settler » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi guys,

I have managed to take Halmstad Hammers from the swedish first division to the Swedish hockey league in 4 seasons. But i think my time in the highest division will be short. Since advanced to Hockeyallsvenskan and SHL, my player budget doesnt seem to increase, something that makes it impossible to sign players that are even close to the standards that i need to survive in the league.

Something must be broke with the reputation points the team gets when they advance, or a salary issue. Eitherway, is there any solution to this problem? I cant ask for more founds since the board thinks this is enough to make it in the league.. Here is a screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/Z7BLt
Settler
Junior League

Re: Player budget does not increase

Postby Ukko » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:28 pm

I've had the same issue with Björklöven, and it made me stop playing this save :(
Ukko
Minor League

Postby Filip Croatia » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:30 pm

How did you have that high income ? :-o
Filip Croatia
Minor League

Postby Settler » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Filip Croatia wrote:How did you have that high income ? :-o

TV-licence money :)
Settler
Junior League

Postby Icos » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:03 am

The most disappointing thing for me is that even with such a low budget, you will be competitive in the league. I would love to have a struggling season here and there, but no mather what I do (unless I deliberately sink the season) I will be near the top...

In my recent save, I picked up struggling Stjernen in Norway league, saved them from relegation in the first season and then with some addition finished third and next season won the championship. Then I resigned and got a job in Olten, Swiss second league. They finished last for the four seasons, I have made minimum changes to their roster and I finished second after loosing the sixth playoff final game. Now I went to Czech 1st division with newly promoted Sokolov. I'll see what I can do, but I believe in five seasons, I will be Czech champion, even with as low player budged as this team have (12,000 € p/m).
Icos
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby Settler » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:27 am

Icos wrote:The most disappointing thing for me is that even with such a low budget, you will be competitive in the league. I would love to have a struggling season here and there, but no mather what I do (unless I deliberately sink the season) I will be near the top...

In my recent save, I picked up struggling Stjernen in Norway league, saved them from relegation in the first season and then with some addition finished third and next season won the championship. Then I resigned and got a job in Olten, Swiss second league. They finished last for the four seasons, I have made minimum changes to their roster and I finished second after loosing the sixth playoff final game. Now I went to Czech 1st division with newly promoted Sokolov. I'll see what I can do, but I believe in five seasons, I will be Czech champion, even with as low player budged as this team have (12,000 € p/m).

I agree with you. It's insane that i manage to end up in SHL with this roster. But i think it's a shame that this budget issue isnt fixed. I found a solution tho that seem to work fine for me. Download the Editor, and open the saved game there. And change the player budget there to anything. When the new season starts (1st of July) the game will change the budget. strange as hell.
Settler
Junior League

Postby Filip Croatia » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:16 pm

Settler wrote:Hi guys,

I have managed to take Halmstad Hammers from the swedish first division to the Swedish hockey league in 4 seasons. But i think my time in the highest division will be short. Since advanced to Hockeyallsvenskan and SHL, my player budget doesnt seem to increase, something that makes it impossible to sign players that are even close to the standards that i need to survive in the league.

Something must be broke with the reputation points the team gets when they advance, or a salary issue. Eitherway, is there any solution to this problem? I cant ask for more founds since the board thinks this is enough to make it in the league.. Here is a screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/Z7BLt

Maybe it has to do something with the fact that you started from Division 1 which originally is not in the game, but later added. I just picked MoDo and see if team promoted from Allsvenskan gets their budget increased when promoted to SHL.
Filip Croatia
Minor League

Return to General EHM Chat