Challenge #48 - Los Angeles Kings

All of the latest news about the TBL Eastside Hockey Manager Challenges.
jesterx7769
Challenge Moderator

Post by jesterx7769 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:47 pm

After winning two cups in 2012 and 2014 and with a top goalie, center, a defense man, the future still looked bright for the Kings. However, they would go on to miss the playoffs in three out of five following seasons and this past season finishing 31st in the league. John Stevens coming in as coach wasn't the answer and was quickly gone, yet surprisingly many key players from the 2014 team remain. Brown, Quick, Carter, Kopitar, Doughty, Toffoli, Clifford, Martinez, Lewis, Muzzin (and anyone I missed) started the season on the Kings and they even added Kovaluchuk! How on earth did things fall apart?

A rebuild was on the walls midway through the season when Stevens was fired and Muzzin was traded at the trade deadline to a contender, signalling the Kings no longer see themselves as a contender. Therefore it is now time for every fantasy playing GM's favorite word- REBUILD!

Challenge Twist! After the abysmal season, your star players are sick of this incompetent mess and are refusing to report next year so you must answer their wish of trading both Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty after the lottery but before the day of draft to regain assets. You must trade both for one of the two options each:
1) One player each for one 2019 1st round pick each of pick 10 overall or lower (If I don't set a limit, I can see someone "lucking out" with 3 top 5 picks and ruining spirit of fun challenge)
Or
2) One player each for any combination of other 2019 round picks (i.e. 2,3,4,5,6,7. Was going to limit this, but if someone really wants more 4/5/6/7 instead of a 1st then go right ahead)

Already having your own lottery pick, plus the Leafs 1st, this potentially sets you up with four first round picks or multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. A healthy farm system seems a given with so many draft assets, but will your players work out and if so, how fast?

All other challenge rules remain the same as challenge 47.

You will start in April after regular season ends, retire the base GM and add yours, then you will be able to re-sign players and get to pick your 2019 draft. The 2019-20 season has no trading/waiver claims per usual, so this will be a rough season for the Kings before you enter Season 2 where you can trade/sign UFA as normal.

File download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11SPg7k ... sp=sharing

Discussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=20180

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sat May 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Note that the Challenge deadline is currently set for 29 July 2019 but we can extend this another month or so if there is interest.

Return to “Challenge News”