Strange thing during Q draft

Discuss specific areas of EHM knowledge; such as players, trading, drafting, tactics, training, practice etc. Teach us what you've discovered or ask others for their thoughts.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
flea
Team Captain
Custom Rank: NASCAR Racer!

Strange thing during Q draft

Post by flea » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:43 pm

Something strange has happend in my game during the 2008 Q draft:

First of all I have to say that in that year its an excellent draft with tons of players with high potential and I was pretty excited about drafting.

Well, I started the draft really good as I could pick the player I want in the first round (I choosed the nº 1 ranked...and I could draft him with the last pick of the first round, lol!!) and everything was smooth until the fifth round!!

Suddenly all the ranked players dissapeared and they never came back!!! When u go to the Rankings screen they still are around, but u cant draft them from there so u have to return to available or ranked but they are all gone!!!

So I finished the draft with the rest of the available players (suddenly none was good enough to even think to sign him right away) but as I always save before the draft I loaded the game and tried it again....but with no success: after the 5th round suddenly this strange error happens again!!!

Has this occured also to somebody or Iam the only one??

Dont know....a possible explanation that I figured out is that, as it is so a good draft nearly every player would be signed inmediately and there isnt place for all (stupid thought, I know, but I couldnt figure out another reasonable one...).

...strange,strange...

Shadd666
Super Mario
Custom Rank: Smiley Crazy Goodwill Ambassador!

Post by Shadd666 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:12 pm

Strange thing ideed :cry:

Maybe due to your filters :dunno: But i guess the answer is no.

And i'm not sure it'd be usefull to mention it on the SI boards as the devellopement is stopped... :(

flea
Team Captain

Post by flea » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:30 pm

Yeps, I first wanted to post it also there, but as they have stopped it....dont know...on the other hand it also can hurt to post it, right??

Alex the Tall
Minor League

Post by Alex the Tall » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:58 pm

flea wrote:Yeps, I first wanted to post it also there, but as they have stopped it....dont know...on the other hand it also can hurt to post it, right??
Did you save before draft... If yes, restart it...

Shadd666
Super Mario

Post by Shadd666 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:33 am

Alex the Tall wrote:Did you save before draft... If yes, restart it...
Already answered in the initial post:
flea wrote:as I always save before the draft I loaded the game and tried it again....but with no success

Alex the Tall
Minor League

Post by Alex the Tall » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:37 am

Not a bug in the "Q" again...

Alex the Tall
Minor League

Post by Alex the Tall » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:38 pm

You should try asking SI about the problem, maybe they will help you even if they have finished the devlopement.

flea
Team Captain

Post by flea » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:24 am

Yeps, I will post it also in the SI forums, I guess some of the guys there have something to say about it...

Alex the Tall
Minor League

Post by Alex the Tall » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:49 am

flea wrote:Yeps, I will post it also in the SI forums, I guess some of the guys there have something to say about it...
Or we're the only two that plays whit the QHJML, that would sucks and if it's a draft bug, let's pray that Riz will come whit a little something... :notworthy:

Flea, could you simulate a fast game in the "Q" and check before the second draft if this thing happen again, maybe it's just your game...

flea
Team Captain

Post by flea » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:57 am

Well, all the other drafts I participated in went trough pretty good or at least without any problem!!

The 2007 Q draft (who by the way was pretty bad) and the 2007 Import draft went ok without problem at all.

Curiously the 2008 Import draft also went trough without problem.....its just the 2008 Q selection draft....
But well, it seems that the players who dissapeared werent available for nobody because I checked some of them out and they are undrafted, so I guess I will draft some of them in the next season...

Btw, I just won the Presidents Cup and the Memorial Cup with the Mooseheads :-D
What team are u managing??

Alex the Tall
Minor League

Post by Alex the Tall » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:04 am

I am in februray 2007 and i am whit the Victoriaville Tigres!

flea
Team Captain

Post by flea » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:29 am

Good luck then Alex!!

I think I got the solution!!! Somebody in the SIGA forums told me that it isnt an error, but its like that in real life.
16 year old player in the Q-draft can be drafted only in the first 5 rounds!!! So I guess that it wasnt a bug, but only my lack of knowledge :-D

I checked the game-manual and I could confirm it!!

Alex the Tall
Minor League

Post by Alex the Tall » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:34 pm

flea wrote:Good luck then Alex!!

I think I got the solution!!! Somebody in the SIGA forums told me that it isnt an error, but its like that in real life.
16 year old player in the Q-draft can be drafted only in the first 5 rounds!!! So I guess that it wasnt a bug, but only my lack of knowledge :-D

I checked the game-manual and I could confirm it!!
Si i guess there's A LOT of good players... Hey, i added you to msn, so if you have some problems or my self, well we can help each others... Because i can't win after the first season in general!

flea
Team Captain

Post by flea » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:34 pm

Ok, no problemo buddy, going to accept u right now!!!

Just gimme a shout if u need something!!

Alex the Tall
Minor League

Post by Alex the Tall » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:13 am

Whit my Tigres i finished second in the Western at my first season and i lost 4-3 in ot at the President cup... Now it's the second season and normaly i am always naff the second season whit any teams i play... I don't know why though...

Shadd666
Super Mario

Post by Shadd666 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:04 pm

Alex the Tall wrote:Now it's the second season and normaly i am always naff the second season with any teams i play... I don't know why though...
Strange... :nerd:

Maybe it has to deal with how you build your team during the off-season... Maybe you didn't resigned players you would have to resign, and instead resign some you would have let go... :dunno: Maybe a bad UFA market strategy too...

Anyway, it would be hard to help you on this one without knowing what you exactly do... :cry:

Don't hesitate to start a new thread for some help about this problem ;) I think we have enough talented managers around here to help you ;) :thup:

Alex the Tall
Minor League

Post by Alex the Tall » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:05 pm

Well this time it seem that i learned how... The UFA in the QHJLM sucks badly, there's like no point to shopping in this thing!

Shadd666
Super Mario

Post by Shadd666 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:11 pm

Yeah, but it's normal ;)

Major juniors are devellopemental leagues, so main thing are the two drafts! There are a few trades too, but not as in the NHL. You mostly devellop the players you've drafted and try to do your best with that.

flea
Team Captain

Post by flea » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:47 am

Shadd666 wrote:Yeah, but it's normal ;)

Major juniors are devellopemental leagues, so main thing are the two drafts! There are a few trades too, but not as in the NHL. You mostly devellop the players you've drafted and try to do your best with that.

LOL, I had to laugh when I read that because I made 25!!! trades in my first season with the Mooseheads and 16 in my second season :-D

Right now I have shipped out 68 players and adquired 82!! Not bad, eh!!!??? :-D

Alex the Tall
Minor League

Post by Alex the Tall » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:33 am

flea wrote:
Shadd666 wrote:Yeah, but it's normal ;)

LOL, I had to laugh when I read that because I made 25!!! trades in my first season with the Mooseheads and 16 in my second season :-D

Right now I have shipped out 68 players and adquired 82!! Not bad, eh!!!??? :-D
You're crazy! (joke)

flea
Team Captain

Post by flea » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:40 am

Ah, yes, I know it was a bit unreal, but I dont liked most of the team and also, I started to play with the 3.02 patch and there was the bug that u cant sign prospects when the place of birth wasnt available, so I had to trade lots of them (Eric Louis Seize, for example).

But well, at the end it finished good as I won the Presidents and the Memorial Cup in my second season. Now Iam starting the third.

Shadd666
Super Mario

Post by Shadd666 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:08 pm

I agree with Alex, you're crazy! :D

I've played in the O with 3.0.2 during 2 seasons and only made 5 trades the first season and just 1 or 2 in the second, winning title and Memorial Cup in the two seasons.

Back on the initial topic, it's good to see that the problem you mentionned is not a bug but just something normal :) But that kind of informations is unfortunately not mentionned in the game :( It should have been in the league info i guess. I always found this section too small in the game. Of course, they won't write down all the CBA of all leagues, but i think they should gave us the informations we would use... :dunno:

Return to “Game Knowledge Discussion”