Missing Images and Posting Emoticons

Find our latest site news here. Want to contribute, have an idea or having a problem? Post your feedback here!
V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player
Custom Rank: JVanderPool

Missing Images and Posting Emoticons

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:18 pm

I just wanted to let you all know that some of the images for the whole blog setup are missing. If you read a blog that someone has posted and you want to reply to it or anything like that, the buttons that you should be able to click on in order to do that don't show up at all.

You can still do it, but it's just that they are missing. Not fun to have red x's everywhere on the page. You know?

Also, I notice when you start a new thread or reply to a thread normally, without doing quick reply. When you go to click on one of the emoticons/smilies in order to show whatever mood or funny you are trying to make, it gives you just a dead signal.

There is something within the coding that is making this happen. I am not sure if you all can fix it, but I figured I would throw it out there for you all to know.

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:12 pm

Smiley/Emoticon--On this one When you use "Reply" to get the smileys to work you have to click "View more Emoticons". I recall having this issue when I first joined too. After you open the smiley page...there are many many more, and you just click em and they show up. Not sure why that is, just know that is what I do. Never thought to ask...maybe a good question.

Blog issue-Some people may have moved things from their photobucket account (or whatever uploading thing they use) But I am not sure about why the reply things are missing, unless someone has set up their blog to disallow replies. Archi and they admins may be able to tell you more about that.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:32 pm

I've fixed the blog buttons. I'd made the security slightly too tight for the folder that contained those images on the server but it's all ok now. Thanks for pointing that out :thup:

As for the smilies, I don't get that problem. When I click on one of the smilies it inserts the correct code into the post. Are you saying that when you click on one of the smilies it doesn't out the code into your post?

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:46 pm

Only when you use "reply"...If you use Quick Reply it does...but on reply to get the smileys to work you have to click "View More Emoticons" first..then the smiley. :-D

(I used quick reply here, and use it most of the time, unless I want the banana, or the hombre!

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:03 pm

Are you using Firefox or Internet Explorer? I use Firefox and it all works fine :-?

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:07 pm

IE

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:37 pm

I believe we discovered this problem a little while back. It seems to be a compatibility issue with Internet Explorer. Sadly it's something I never managed to solve. All I can suggest is to use the "View more Emoticons" link in the Full Reply screen to select your smilies or to use the Quick Replay instead.

V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player
Custom Rank: JVanderPool

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:08 pm

Sorry that I never got back to this thread with the exact problems that I was experiencing, but it looks like batdad took care of that for me.

Thank you, batdad.

I have seen many websites have problems like this and honestly, I don't know that any of them have fixed it at all either. It could be something that isn't able to be fixed, but no big deal.

Thanks for your time and effort to sort this whole thing out.

Return to “TBL Announcements and Feedback”