Extra Download Links

Find our latest site news here. Want to contribute, have an idea or having a problem? Post your feedback here!
V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player
Custom Rank: JVanderPool

Extra Download Links

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:32 am

This thread may be sort of stupid from the outside looking in point of view.

I just wanted to see and make sure that it was alright with you guys that I offer extra download links to all of the users. I know that we have alternate links for downloading, because I see how you guys use FileFront and RapidShare.

The thing that I just wanted to do personally was add a set of RapidShare links that were direct downloads for everyone. Sometimes when you have to wait 60 seconds to download a file and so forth. It can turn into a problem if you have to do that over and over again, know what I mean? I have my own RapidShare account and since I have that membership.

Any files that I upload for others to download can be turned into direct links for friend to grab.

All in all, I just wanted to make sure it was ok with all of you and that it doesn't start any problems. By the way, for those that might want me to host some files for them now or in the future. Don't hesitate to contact me and ask me to host them for you.

I don't mind at all and that is why I have the account in the first place. To host files and to download without having to wait at all.

So if someone could get back to me on this question or issue, it would be great, thanks.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:26 pm

How long would the files be hosted on RapidShare?

I have no problem with that if the sole aim is to provide mirror links that users on this forum can use. However, if you were planning to host files and then use these links on other websites then I suggest you contact each mod author individually and ask them for permission. When people upload files to TBL they give permission for us to host them - they don't necessarily give permission for them to be hosted on other websites.

99.9% of files are hosted directly on TBL's server so there's no issue of waiting for the download. It's only with particularly large files that we've hosted them on FileFront. If you'd like to provide a mirror for these so that we could add them to our Downloads Database then go for it.

V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player
Custom Rank: JVanderPool

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:58 pm

The files that I would host on RapidShare would last forever. When you pay for your account with RapidShare, your files stay as long as you keep paying. Needless to say, I still have the account until July and I will renew it for a whole new year afterwards.

It's too good of a deal to just pass any RapidShare account up in my opinion.

Anyway, the files would stay here only and nowhere else. Unless of course they are files that didn't originate here, you know? Like the patches and so forth.

All in all, it's up to you and the other head people around here. I just thought it would be a nice little project or thing to do for everyone now and future members.

Return to “TBL Announcements and Feedback”