Problem uploading a .exe file

Find our latest site news here. Want to contribute, have an idea or having a problem? Post your feedback here!
mne2
Top Prospect
Custom Rank: Eastside UK

Problem uploading a .exe file

Post by mne2 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:30 pm

Just tried to upload something and got the following error:

Couldnt Query file info

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'GROUP BY f.file_id' at line 7

SELECT f.*, AVG(r.rate_point) AS rating, COUNT(r.votes_file) AS total_votes, u.user_id, u.username, COUNT(c.comments_id) as total_comments FROM forums_pa_files AS f LEFT JOIN forums_pa_votes AS r ON f.file_id = r.votes_file LEFT JOIN forums_users AS u ON f.user_id = u.user_id LEFT JOIN forums_pa_comments AS c ON f.file_id = c.file_id WHERE f.file_id = GROUP BY f.file_id

Line : 1308
File : functions.php

Admin Note: This is because the server blocks certain file types from being uploaded (this includes exe, bat, dll, tar, gzip, gz, tar.gz, tar.gzip). To get around this, put the file in a ZIP or RAR before uploading. (Archi)

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Thu May 29, 2008 10:33 pm

HI mne.

I have no idea what that means. But one of the admins will get to that asap. Not sure what is going on.. maybe try it one more time?

mne2
Top Prospect

Post by mne2 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Basically the SQL is not formed correctly. The last bit 'WHERE f.file_id = GROUP BY f.file_id' - there is nothing after the '=' so the SQL has failed. Pretty sure repeating will only generate the same error.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Fri May 30, 2008 7:51 pm

That's odd. I've just tested the upload feature and didn't have any problems. Give it a go again. If it doesn't work then send the file to me using something like yousendit.com. I'll do some more testing tomorrow when I have a little more time. Thanks for pointing this out :thup:

mne2
Top Prospect

Post by mne2 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:22 pm

I've managed to upload a background image but still cannot upload any of my Utilities. I'll have another try tomorrow with shorter filenames (the ones i have now are quite long).

Lazion
Second Line
Favourite Team: Flyers

Post by Lazion » Sat May 31, 2008 9:28 am

Do you try to upload .exe file? Exe file gives error, but when you zip that .exe, that will work..
I have tryed to upload exe file too.. and server gives same error. That is only my quess.

CatchUp
TBL Mod Team
Custom Rank: CEO Of Avatars Inc.

Post by CatchUp » Sat May 31, 2008 9:48 am

I'm thinking it's file names. I have had issues with that before as well. Give it a shot with a nice, short, underscored file name and that should do the trick. :thup:

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat May 31, 2008 10:52 am

Ah if you're trying to upload an exe file that will be your problem. I've prevented the uploading of exe's for security purposes. Zip it up and it'll be fine :thup:

Thanks for reminding me of that, Lazion. I'm going to put a warning about that on the upload page so that no one else gets the same problem.

mne2
Top Prospect

Post by mne2 » Sat May 31, 2008 1:07 pm

In which case - i'll get the editors uploaded this evening sometime - thanks! :joy:

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat May 31, 2008 5:56 pm

Excellent! I see you've uploaded some already. I'll approve them right away. :thup:

I've added a little explanation on the uploads page to say that .exe files must be zipped or rar'ed before uploading.

Return to “TBL Announcements and Feedback”