TBL XG2: The New Site Design - Feedback and Suggestions

Find our latest site news here. Want to contribute, have an idea or having a problem? Post your feedback here!
batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Mon May 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Ok..I hate change. This sucks! No login on the bottom, which I see Ciryatan said already. Ick.

No really.. this is absolutely awesome looking. For my old mind will take some time to get used to but it is awesome! Although, I think my goaltending and defensive coaching should be 20's. Discipline being low is hilarious, but so true. :-D

Great work Archi! So far on brief look only thing I am missing is the login at the bottom of the page.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Mon May 17, 2010 7:22 pm

bruins72 wrote:From the Challenge Questions and Feedback thread...
McQwak wrote:Challenge Improvement Stats: what does the color of number mean? Both positive and negative numbers are green or red (or black). :dunno:
For example http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/ch ... p?c=15&s=2
Thanks.
Green = An improvement over the previous season
Black = The same as last season; i.e. no change
Red = An worse performance than last year

A positive number indicates a percentage increase over last year. I.E. 20% means that your stat is 20% higher than the previous season.
A negative number indicates a percentage decrease over last year. I.E. -20% means that your stat is 20% lower than the previous season.

For some stats, an increase is an improvement (i.e. wins, pts, goals scored, PP%, PK%). Hence the positive numbers will be green and negative red.
Whereas for other stats, a decrease is an improvement (i.e. losses, goals against, PIM). Hence the negative numbers will be green and positive will be red.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Mon May 17, 2010 7:48 pm

Ronc wrote:
McQwak wrote:
What about resetting that "Most users ever online" (or maybe other stats)?
That would be nice! I support this also!
Done! Maybe we should organise a mass visit of TBL to try and get a high record! :D

batdad wrote:Ok..I hate change. This sucks! No login on the bottom, which I see Ciryatan said already. Ick.

No really.. this is absolutely awesome looking. For my old mind will take some time to get used to but it is awesome! Although, I think my goaltending and defensive coaching should be 20's. Discipline being low is hilarious, but so true. :-D

Great work Archi! So far on brief look only thing I am missing is the login at the bottom of the page.
Glad you like it. :thup: I'll be adding the login box at the bottom by the end of this weekend.

Let me know if you think the your GM attributes are too high/low. I've tried to balance the ratings as best as possible but I'm expecting that some tweaking will be required. Btw, I'm not gonna give you all 20s :D

McQwak
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: Now with capital letters!

Post by McQwak » Mon May 17, 2010 7:52 pm

archibalduk wrote:Let me know if you think the your GM attributes are too high/low. I've tried to balance the ratings as best as possible but I'm expecting that some tweaking will be required. Btw, I'm not gonna give you all 20s :D
Have you set it manually for all users? :-o I thought it is calculated somehow...

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:54 pm

It would actually be kind of cool if somewhere down the line we did a challenge using a database with each of us added as non-player staff and we could hire ourselves as coaches. You wouldn't be allowed to hire any other TBLer than yourself though. In that way, you could possibly benefit from past challenge experience.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Mon May 17, 2010 8:03 pm

bruins72 wrote:It would actually be kind of cool if somewhere down the line we did a challenge using a database with each of us added as non-player staff and we could hire ourselves as coaches. You wouldn't be allowed to hire any other TBLer than yourself though. In that way, you could possibly benefit from past challenge experience.
That would only make the good ones better. Us not-so-good challengers would be further behind

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Manimal wrote:
bruins72 wrote:It would actually be kind of cool if somewhere down the line we did a challenge using a database with each of us added as non-player staff and we could hire ourselves as coaches. You wouldn't be allowed to hire any other TBLer than yourself though. In that way, you could possibly benefit from past challenge experience.
That would only make the good ones better. Us not-so-good challengers would be further behind
Yeah, I guess you've got a good point there. Still, I think your stats improve over time as you participate in more challenges.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue May 18, 2010 6:44 pm

McQwak wrote:
archibalduk wrote:Let me know if you think the your GM attributes are too high/low. I've tried to balance the ratings as best as possible but I'm expecting that some tweaking will be required. Btw, I'm not gonna give you all 20s :D
Have you set it manually for all users? :-o I thought it is calculated somehow...
Oh no, it's all automatic calculations. What I meant was that I wasn't going to lower the thresholds so that Batdad would achieve all 20s.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Tue May 18, 2010 7:31 pm

I never said all 20s. Just defense and goaltending, and well..should be working with youngsters too, since I am a great dad, teacher and coach!!! And my drafting record is pretty dang good too...so 20 there. BTW being kind of silly here.

And I really think that we should be putting our guys into the db, for challenge use. That is a great idea.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed May 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Círyatan wrote:I really miss the log in fields at the bottom of the main page and would love to have them back. I find it tiresome to head to a drop-down menu everytime I want to log in, and the automatic log in is just not for me. With those fields, it only took hitting the tab key a couple of times, instead of having to point a mouse at a menu item. Maybe not much of an issue, but that's just me.
I've added the login box to the bottom of the Forum Index. If you go to the Index and hit tab it will take you straight to the username box and then you can press tab to go to the password box and press it again to go to the "login" button. Although I have added a "remember my login" tick box, you don't have to skip through it pressing the tab key. Is that ok, or would you prefer that if you press tab after the password box it takes you to the tickbox before the login button. I just thought that it's mostly going to be used by those who want to quickly login and logout.

Let me know what you think. :thup:

P.s. I haven't tested it with Internet Explorer or Firefox yet but I will later this evening. It should work fine however.

EDIT - It works perfectly with IE!

Círyatan
Leading Scorer
Custom Rank: Eagle eyes!

Post by Círyatan » Wed May 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Thank you so much, Archi! :notworthy:
I owe you one. :toast:

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Tue May 25, 2010 6:15 pm

Hey archi,

Can you somehow move the "mark all topics read" button in the forums to the top of the page, or put one at the top. Always having to scroll down about things I do not care to read and mark em read. Makes me crazier than I already am.

McQwak
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by McQwak » Tue May 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Good idea. I use it the same way and was used to have the link "mark all topics read" on the top. Now it is on the top in all forum sections but Challenge Centre...

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue May 25, 2010 10:19 pm

batdad wrote:Hey archi,

Can you somehow move the "mark all topics read" button in the forums to the top of the page, or put one at the top. Always having to scroll down about things I do not care to read and mark em read. Makes me crazier than I already am.
No problem; will do :thup:

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu May 27, 2010 8:11 pm

batdad wrote:Hey archi,

I take it you're just referring to the Challenge Forum?

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Thu May 27, 2010 8:28 pm

Yes. I guess I was looking for it there alot, as I originally thought it was everywhere. :-D

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu May 27, 2010 8:39 pm

batdad wrote:Yes. I guess I was looking for it there alot, as I originally thought it was everywhere. :-D
I've added it to the top of the Challenge Forum for you :thup:

I think I've fixed virtually all of the issues brought up so far (including the issue where the Post Reply and Quick Reply buttons were appearing on separate lines). Once I've finished the final one or two issues I'll post a list of what has been fixed.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Thu May 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanks arch

McQwak
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by McQwak » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Is it possible to set maxium number of topics in the RSS a bit higher? I use RSS very often. It seems that the current limit is around 12 topics, right? For example in the morning, I don't recieve all posts discussed during previous night because they're ussually many. Are you afraid of server overloading? What about setting it let's say 30? [-o<
Thanks.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:28 pm

Sure thing. I can certainly look into increasing the limit for you. :thup: My workload should decrease by the mid/end of next week so I'll try to take a look for you then.

Kbs
Junior League

Post by Kbs » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:39 am

The updated site looks great, however there's one thing that bugs me. I'm not sure if it's just for me, but when you want to search something, you have to press enter to...initiate the search. Occasionally, I go on this site using my PSP (and I think it's the same for the PS3, can't remember...), but I can't use the search bar because there's no way to start searching.

I was just wondering if there is a way for you guys to add a button instead of having to use the enter key. If there isn't, it's not the end of the world and I'll live :thup:

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Kbs wrote:The updated site looks great, however there's one thing that bugs me. I'm not sure if it's just for me, but when you want to search something, you have to press enter to...initiate the search. Occasionally, I go on this site using my PSP (and I think it's the same for the PS3, can't remember...), but I can't use the search bar because there's no way to start searching.

I was just wondering if there is a way for you guys to add a button instead of having to use the enter key. If there isn't, it's not the end of the world and I'll live :thup:
You're right, it is a bug. The nav bar has caused me no end of trouble since the site went live. The search button was appearing in different (i.e. wrong) positions depending on the browser you use. So to stop this temporarily I have removed the button. When I get some free time again (i.e. in the next two weeks) I'll look into putting the button back. :thup:

Kbs
Junior League

Post by Kbs » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:46 am

archibalduk wrote:
Kbs wrote:The updated site looks great, however there's one thing that bugs me. I'm not sure if it's just for me, but when you want to search something, you have to press enter to...initiate the search. Occasionally, I go on this site using my PSP (and I think it's the same for the PS3, can't remember...), but I can't use the search bar because there's no way to start searching.

You're right, it is a bug. The nav bar has caused me no end of trouble since the site went live. The search button was appearing in different (i.e. wrong) positions depending on the browser you use. So to stop this temporarily I have removed the button. When I get some free time again (i.e. in the next two weeks) I'll look into putting the button back. :thup:
Awesome, no need to rush though because I'm probably one of the very few to even notice this bug haha

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by B. Stinson » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:55 am

Kbs wrote:
archibalduk wrote:

Awesome, no need to rush though because I'm probably one of the very few to even notice this bug haha
And we're glad to see that you noticed it - it means that at least someone actually used the search. :-p

(Too many people rush to post new topics and wait for a response, when they could have simply done a search and found their answer right then.)

McQwak
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by McQwak » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:42 am

The drawback of the new search function is that it searches only in topic titles, not bodies.

Return to “TBL Announcements and Feedback”