EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
AngeLxLost
Junior League
Favourite Team: Pittsburgh Penguikns

Re: EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by AngeLxLost » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:43 am

Thanks for your reply!

I'm not sure why but the editor I'm using (0.2.8) always crashes when I try to export the players/non-players spreadsheet. Fortunately it seems to work if I narrow it to only nhl players.

I also exported arenas, cities, and clubs and managed to get past the award ceremony so I'm almost 100% certain that it was some issue with changing the awards.

But anyway, thanks to your suggestion I at least have most of my work back. Thanks for your help.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:19 pm

It sounds like you're trying to export using XLSX which is a known issue (see the Home screen of the Editor for more details). If you export to CSV then it should work fine (and it'll be much quicker to export/import).

Unfortunately I haven't come up with a solution for the XLSX crash yet. Unlike the rest of the Editor which is all coded by me, the XSLX functions are a third party plug-in (writing a platform independent XLSX module would have been a massive project in itself). So it involves a lot more work to debug.

AngeLxLost
Junior League

Post by AngeLxLost » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Oh thanks, exporting csv worked fine.

I also figured out the reasons for the crashes I was getting at the awards ceremony. It was changing the awards criteria (ie. changing the norris from "best defenseman" to "best offensive defenseman"), adding awards, and trying to remove awards by removing the league that they're suppose to be awarded in. Just in case you can somehow use this information.

DK_Hockey
Junior League

Post by DK_Hockey » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:34 am

Hi all,

I keep get a error when I load a game.
I just install the game on my new Windows 10 PC from work and when I just load the Swedish league ALL and NHL I cant get past the first day.
No matter how many leagues I load, it crashes.

xECK29x
Minor League
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:37 pm

What is the proper identifier (A1 cell) to import club competitions? Keep getting an error despite using the raw export. is this supported?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm doing it from memory, but I think it is "league" or "club_competition". It should be the same as the default filename minus the file extension.

Are you exporting with the Export as Research Sheet setting enabled? It has to be in research sheet format. If so then it's an oversight by me and I'll fix it for the next version.

DK_Hockey - is your issue related to the Editor? If so, you need to provide a lot more detail.

xECK29x
Minor League

Post by xECK29x » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Yes "Export as a research sheet" is selected (it's actually greyed out for club_competitions) and 'league' worked but I got errors on every single row either:

Mode | League | Classification or Mode | League | Continent | Classification

Assuming the structure needed for import varies from the export, is there a template you can share?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:29 am

Ah yes, it looks like I've missed it. I'll add it for the next version.

In the meantime, go to File -> Import Spreadsheet -> Create Templates.

xECK29x
Minor League

Post by xECK29x » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:05 pm

There is no template created for club_competitions :(

CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers

Post by CJ » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi Archie. I noticed as I'm adding new cities to the 1998 DB that I'm not able to copy/paste the longitude/latitudes. The city name I'm able to copy/paste there. And I can't add dots either, which are needed. :-k

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:55 pm

xECK29x wrote:There is no template created for club_competitions :(
It works for me. It is called league.csv (or .xlsx, xml, etc).
CJ wrote:Hi Archie. I noticed as I'm adding new cities to the 1998 DB that I'm not able to copy/paste the longitude/latitudes. The city name I'm able to copy/paste there. And I can't add dots either, which are needed. :-k
Where are you trying to copy from (the Editor or a spreadsheet)? Where are you trying to paste to (the Editor or a spreadsheet)?

AngeLxLost
Junior League

Post by AngeLxLost » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:54 am

Apologies if this has already been solved but I was just wondering why the attribute values for certain players that I've edited are different in game than in the editor.

ie. here's Crosby's attributes from my edited db (left) vs his actual attributes in game (right). I highlighted all the attributes that seem off https://imgur.com/a/thVkyrD

but then here's an also edited Yanni Gourde with attributes that seem to be more or less the same https://imgur.com/a/uEzdk

Idk if this has anything to do with it but Crosby's current/potential ability is 198/200 while Gourde is 145/180

Here's a download link to the db as well https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kp7IQ ... R5dxXh6hGH_

Thank you in advance

CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by CJ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:33 am

AngeLxLost wrote:Apologies if this has already been solved but I was just wondering why the attribute values for certain players that I've edited are different in game than in the editor.

ie. here's Crosby's attributes from my edited db (left) vs his actual attributes in game (right). I highlighted all the attributes that seem off https://imgur.com/a/thVkyrD

but then here's an also edited Yanni Gourde with attributes that seem to be more or less the same https://imgur.com/a/uEzdk

Idk if this has anything to do with it but Crosby's current/potential ability is 198/200 while Gourde is 145/180

Here's a download link to the db as well https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kp7IQ ... R5dxXh6hGH_

Thank you in advance
You're using a 1-100 attribute scale in-game instead of the default1-20. That's all. Everything looks fine.

ankanbtw
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Linköping HC, Pens

Post by ankanbtw » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:46 pm

Hello,

I'm new to this editor, so i wonder if there is any guide on how to import the real teams and players in too the editor?
Not so exited to rename every player :-p

AngeLxLost
Junior League

Post by AngeLxLost » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 pm

CJ wrote:
AngeLxLost wrote:Apologies if this has already been solved but I was just wondering why the attribute values for certain players that I've edited are different in game than in the editor.

Thank you in advance
You're using a 1-100 attribute scale in-game instead of the default1-20. That's all. Everything looks fine.
How? Just look at the shots, 18x5=90 and 19x5=95, not 72 and 77. Plus I'm using 1-20 in game.

CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by CJ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:41 pm

archibalduk wrote:
CJ wrote:Hi Archie. I noticed as I'm adding new cities to the 1998 DB that I'm not able to copy/paste the longitude/latitudes. The city name I'm able to copy/paste there. And I can't add dots either, which are needed. :-k
Where are you trying to copy from (the Editor or a spreadsheet)? Where are you trying to paste to (the Editor or a spreadsheet)?
I was trying it here in the Editor v0.2.8
https://i.imgur.com/DcynFbh.png
Is this not the place to be when adding cities?

Also these used to show the team colours:
https://i.imgur.com/1ts2fcO.png
Now they're all grey/black. I have to change one colour for it to show now, which is frustrating when doing mass team colour changing.

EDIT: I tested the v.0.2.7: The team colours are showing there without issues. Must be a v0.2.8 bug. :-k
I noticed that the issue was why I couldn't copy/paste those coordinates was that it included the dot. -> "." In both v0.2.7 and v0.2.8
AngeLxLost wrote:How? Just look at the shots, 18x5=90 and 19x5=95, not 72 and 77. Plus I'm using 1-20 in game.
I missed those things. Well it seems if you have edited them yourself, you've made him better than his CA states. Means that the game will take down some attributes from him. The game requires that the attributes reflects his attributes and vice versa. If you do him worse than his CA is then the game will raise some attributes.

AngeLxLost
Junior League

Post by AngeLxLost » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:03 pm

CJ wrote:I missed those things. Well it seems if you have edited them yourself, you've made him better than his CA states. Means that the game will take down some attributes from him. The game requires that the attributes reflects his attributes and vice versa. If you do him worse than his CA is then the game will raise some attributes
Oh okay, I initially thought that that might be the issue but dismissed it since his CA was already at 198. I even set it at 200 and there was still decrease but lowering a few of the other attributes did bring up the shots. Thanks for your help

Edit: Hm, I've increased a few player's CA/PA by 20-30 and the attributes show no change and stay lower than they should be. I can only seem to increase certain attributes by lowering others and changing the ability values isn't doing anything ):

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:42 pm

CJ wrote: I was trying it here in the Editor v0.2.8
https://i.imgur.com/DcynFbh.png
Is this not the place to be when adding cities?
Try using a comma instead of a dot. Can you manually enter numbers or does this not work either?
CJ wrote:Also these used to show the team colours:
https://i.imgur.com/1ts2fcO.png
Now they're all grey/black. I have to change one colour for it to show now, which is frustrating when doing mass team colour changing.

EDIT: I tested the v.0.2.7: The team colours are showing there without issues. Must be a v0.2.8 bug. :-k
Yes it's a known bug for 0.2.8 which is fixed for the next release.
CJ wrote:I noticed that the issue was why I couldn't copy/paste those coordinates was that it included the dot. -> "." In both v0.2.7 and v0.2.8
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean here.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:10 pm

I came to think about another thing that would be useful for the editing.

Filtering players by their rights.

xECK29x
Minor League

Post by xECK29x » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:49 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Thanks, however how do I get missing items to be imported? I assume that is with a variable I put in the Mode row? I am trying to import 100+ cities.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:19 am

Manimal wrote:I came to think about another thing that would be useful for the editing.

Filtering players by their rights.
I have added to my to-do list. :thup:
xECK29x wrote:
archibalduk wrote:
Thanks, however how do I get missing items to be imported? I assume that is with a variable I put in the Mode row? I am trying to import 100+ cities.
Use the Cities template spreadsheet and put "a" in the Mode column.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:56 pm

I can't find where I can see what the roster errors are. It was in the "Data" section of a previous version

xECK29x
Minor League

Post by xECK29x » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Manimal wrote:I can't find where I can see what the roster errors are. It was in the "Data" section of a previous version
There does not seem to be cumulative list, but if you use the filter button under Staff or Clubs you can highlight which entries have errors.

Townsy17
Junior League
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Townsy17 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:53 pm

It's been a while since I've been on here, so I apologize if it has been addressed in another post, but I was curious to know whether or not the ability to add additional international sub-leagues (i.e. World Championships Div. 4, Div. 5, etc.) was possible? I've tinkered with countries reputations and relative strengths and it would be neat to see a non-traditional hockey country from say South America or Africa make their way up the ladder eventually! However, when I last asked, international league structures such as that weren't able to be added upon.

Also, is it possible to create fully-functioning leagues/tournaments in general? I'd like to create different domestic and international competitions for, again, non-traditional hockey countries, but wasn't sure if it was doable/viable (again, apologies if this has been addressed previously, just wanted to be sure). And if so, any tips for doing so, as I'm relatively new to this haha.

Any response would be greatly appreciated!

Townsy17
Junior League
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Townsy17 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Also, not sure if this is possible, but can you edit your reputation with your team in a more favourable manner? I'm doing a Vegas GM during which, in my first year, I tanked and finished last. During the offseason I drastically improved, though made some trades my fanbase/board weren't happy with as well. Had a great start to year two aside from a 7-game losing streak (6 in OT :roll: ) and I'm in first. However, my board was still unhappy enough with me to the point where I got fired if I lost my next game. I didn't want to lose all the work I had done, so I'd save and reset to make sure I won the game. Now I'm in December, on a 13-game win streak, first in the league, and my board is 'pleased with me' - but, again, after one loss I'm fired the next day due to a 'string of bad results'. Is there a workaround to this, or am I just doomed?

Return to “Data Editing Forum”