EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
User avatar
xECK29x
Fourth Line
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:52 pm
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by xECK29x » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:35 pm

nuggett wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:36 pm
May have asked this before, but anything in the works for the editor that will let you clear a DB so you start with a fresh history with records, stats, etc.
Unfortunately there is no "mass delete" for those histories, you would have to manually clear out a LOT of records.

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19431
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by archibalduk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Hopefully some of this should be possible with the next release, depending on how much time I have. Club histories and club competition histories should certainly be deleteable in the next release. Stats/records will probably follow in a subsequent release.

nuggett
Junior League
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:13 pm

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by nuggett » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:43 am

Thank you - looking forward to it. xECK29x - DB is great and would love to start this DB with a clean slate and create my own history.

User avatar
xECK29x
Fourth Line
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:52 pm
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by xECK29x » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:13 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:04 pm
Hopefully some of this should be possible with the next release, depending on how much time I have. Club histories and club competition histories should certainly be deleteable in the next release. Stats/records will probably follow in a subsequent release.
Awesome!

User avatar
xECK29x
Fourth Line
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:52 pm
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by xECK29x » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Experiencing a weird issue where the Editor is crashing when adding more then two more rows of history to any club.This only started occurring recently so not sure if something got corrupted in my .db file.

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19431
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by archibalduk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:58 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:36 pm
Experiencing a weird issue where the Editor is crashing when adding more then two more rows of history to any club.This only started occurring recently so not sure if something got corrupted in my .db file.
Could you email your DB to me please? I will take a look. The address is ehmtheblueline AT gmail DOT com.

Apologies for not being around very much recently. I have been side-tracked by moving house. Hopefully I will be back to some normality over the next few days and can crack on with the Editor and DB research.

User avatar
xECK29x
Fourth Line
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:52 pm
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by xECK29x » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:37 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:58 pm
ould you email your DB to me please?
Done, thanks Archi, no rush!

fl1gator15fan
Learning to skate
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:08 am
Favourite Team: CAPS

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by fl1gator15fan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:11 am

I just joined TBL and tried to download V2.6 and V2.9 of the database editor and every link I find is broken. Do I have to do something to get access or are the links actually broken? I wouldn't mind an old version but I would prefer the latest. Thanks!

EDIT: It Works!

berthelj
Learning to skate
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:27 pm

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by berthelj » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Just started using this,

question, is there no way to change players salaries and/or contract expiry in saved games?

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19431
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by archibalduk » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:13 pm

berthelj wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:09 pm
Just started using this,

question, is there no way to change players salaries and/or contract expiry in saved games?
No, not in saved games.

berthelj
Learning to skate
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:27 pm

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by berthelj » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:59 am

archibalduk wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:13 pm
berthelj wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:09 pm
Just started using this,

question, is there no way to change players salaries and/or contract expiry in saved games?
No, not in saved games.
Thanks for the quick response bud! I updated player attributes for a player in my system. But after 10 days of simming, it reverts to its old stats, is this a bug? Tried a few times, but seems to always switch back to original. Everyone else on my main roster is still good though.

vatn
Junior League
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:34 pm

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by vatn » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:39 pm

I did some work in the editor last night, for the first time in a long while....working on the NHL32 db with seattle. I tried to realign some teams, but when i went in to start the game, it didnt work. I moved Nashville to metro, but metro showed 7 teams and nashville was still in western conference. Is there not a field in the editor for conference, when i change the division shouldnt that be enough, what did i screw up?

nashmc
Junior League
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:34 pm
Favourite Team: Columbus Blue Jackets
Location: Gniezno, Poland

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by nashmc » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi Archibalduk, I've tried to import spreadsheet with a player's history, because previously I had edited histories manually which was very time consuming. Unfortunately everytime I import spreadsheet I get a message that there are no valid rows to import. It gets me frustrated. Here is the excel file I used. Tell me what's wrong I might be eager to update player's histories which can be useful for your tBl rosters.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tc2fwysafphsn ... .xlsx?dl=0

User avatar
xECK29x
Fourth Line
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:52 pm
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by xECK29x » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:41 pm

I'd love to have the ability to bulk delete career history entries, similar to how you handle staff bulk imports, would help me out a LOT.

User avatar
xECK29x
Fourth Line
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:52 pm
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by xECK29x » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:42 pm

nashmc wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:17 pm
Hi Archibalduk, I've tried to import spreadsheet with a player's history, because previously I had edited histories manually which was very time consuming. Unfortunately everytime I import spreadsheet I get a message that there are no valid rows to import. It gets me frustrated. Here is the excel file I used. Tell me what's wrong I might be eager to update player's histories which can be useful for your tBl rosters.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tc2fwysafphsn ... .xlsx?dl=0
Can you upload the _errors.csv sheet?

nashmc
Junior League
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:34 pm
Favourite Team: Columbus Blue Jackets
Location: Gniezno, Poland

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by nashmc » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:41 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nomjnfexhmf2t ... .xlsx?dl=0
Here is the errors file it doesn't work too unfortunately...
I also have another question. Is there any option to export a player from one database to apply to another one?

User avatar
xECK29x
Fourth Line
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:52 pm
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by xECK29x » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:26 pm

So the error sheet is saying that staff/player doesn't exist. Double check the birth date and make sure it matches what is in the DB. The format is DD.MM.YYYY, if the player does not exist follow the steps below.
nashmc wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:41 pm
I also have another question. Is there any option to export a player from one database to apply to another one?
Yes, but it's a multi-step process and will be quicker and easier to take screen shots of the player in one DB and just manually re-type in the second.

To export it you would need to go to:

1) Export Spreadsheet -> Players & Non-Players (maker sure 'filter by club competition' is checked and add the league the player is in to the club competition filter.
2) Export the data
3) Click 'Import Spreadsheet' -> 'Create Templates'
4) Add the row from the exported sheet into staff.csv starting on cell B3, add an 'a' (without quotes) into cell A3, click save
5) Click Import Spreadsheet and import the data
6) If you want to bring over other details like player rights, draft history and player career history you would follow a similar process.

nashmc
Junior League
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:34 pm
Favourite Team: Columbus Blue Jackets
Location: Gniezno, Poland

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by nashmc » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Thank you very much, that will help, cause I wanted to use some players from SPHL that are in your database to import them into BKarchitect's NHL 36. If it comes to the excel sheet problem the date of birth of Jordan Gross was wrong in the database. Now the problem is solved finally :)

TukTukTheGreat
Junior League
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:15 pm
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadians

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by TukTukTheGreat » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 pm

I was wondering if it was at all possible to change the league that players are drafted to via the NHL entry draft. I am trying to turn the NHL into a relegation league by basing it off the Czech system. But I am having trouble getting the Czech teams to have picks even when I point the entry draft at them.

User avatar
xECK29x
Fourth Line
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:52 pm
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by xECK29x » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:17 pm

TukTukTheGreat wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 pm
I was wondering if it was at all possible to change the league that players are drafted to via the NHL entry draft. I am trying to turn the NHL into a relegation league by basing it off the Czech system. But I am having trouble getting the Czech teams to have picks even when I point the entry draft at them.
Very likely that is not possible as the drafts are hard-coded into the game, you can modify some settings but they likely won't take. Would be nice if the draft logic was moved entirely into the DB in a future update (if we get one).

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19431
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by archibalduk » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:46 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:26 pm
So the error sheet is saying that staff/player doesn't exist. Double check the birth date and make sure it matches what is in the DB. The format is DD.MM.YYYY, if the player does not exist follow the steps below.
nashmc wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:41 pm
I also have another question. Is there any option to export a player from one database to apply to another one?
Yes, but it's a multi-step process and will be quicker and easier to take screen shots of the player in one DB and just manually re-type in the second.

To export it you would need to go to:

1) Export Spreadsheet -> Players & Non-Players (maker sure 'filter by club competition' is checked and add the league the player is in to the club competition filter.
2) Export the data
3) Click 'Import Spreadsheet' -> 'Create Templates'
4) Add the row from the exported sheet into staff.csv starting on cell B3, add an 'a' (without quotes) into cell A3, click save
5) Click Import Spreadsheet and import the data
6) If you want to bring over other details like player rights, draft history and player career history you would follow a similar process.
It's worth noting that when you are on the Export Spreadsheet screen there is a checkbox entitled "Export as Research Sheet". If you check/tick this box then the exported spreadsheet will be in the same layout as the Import Spreadsheet Templates.

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19431
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by archibalduk » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:32 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:36 pm
Experiencing a weird issue where the Editor is crashing when adding more then two more rows of history to any club.This only started occurring recently so not sure if something got corrupted in my .db file.
Fixed.
xECK29x wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:41 pm
I'd love to have the ability to bulk delete career history entries, similar to how you handle staff bulk imports, would help me out a LOT.
Done.

User avatar
xECK29x
Fourth Line
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:52 pm
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by xECK29x » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Are there any tools out there that can generate schedule templates?

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19431
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by archibalduk » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:15 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:12 pm
Are there any tools out there that can generate schedule templates?
I have been working on but it's not finished yet. I was thinking of integrating it into the Editor in the very near future (probably the release after next).

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19431
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by archibalduk » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Taking into account these are intended as very rough ratings and are based solely on the stats available in the player career histories, how do the Current Ability ratings look below? The first screenshot shows just forwards and the second shows all positions.

The ratings were automatically generated by the Editor based on the player career histories. The idea being that players in lower leagues could be automatically rated based solely on their statistics. Clearly this will never replace having a knowledgeable researcher properly rating a league's rosters - but how often do we have a researcher for say the Asian or Australian leagues? I figure it would be much easier to simply update those player's career histories and let the Editor do the rest for you. At least that would allow for a reasonable spread of talent and have slightly more realistic rated players in the background leagues.

The method for calculating the ratings is still very rough (especially for goalies), but hopefully it is a starting point. There are a few settings which allow the spread of ratings to be adjusted (the default settings are based on the traditional TBL Rosters-style of rating) and I'm planning to add some (optional) weighting based on a player's club contracted previous league position. I want to add potential ability ratings too; but that's going to be a bit more complex (I guess it'll be based on CA, age and possibly position).

Image

Image

Post Reply

Return to “Data Editing Forum”