EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
xECK29x
Fourth Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:33 pm

A copy club feature would be nice on the club editing screen, would make creating new junior clubs much faster!

Mordrehl
Junior League

Post by Mordrehl » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:32 am

Is it possible to edit an affiliation of a save file rather than the database?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:24 pm

I'm hoping to release the next version of the Editor by the end of April; ideally before then if I can. I've been concentrating on making it easier to edit league rules and structures. It's probably the most complex work to date and so progress has been fairly slow but steady.
Mordrehl wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:32 am
Is it possible to edit an affiliation of a save file rather than the database?
No I don't think it is. The data is stored in a manner which cannot be processed by the Editor.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:15 pm

Be very careful when importing any .ehm files containing league structures. There is an issue with the Editor either importing the structure as a duplicate or overwriting the wrong structure. I need to look into the cause but I can guess what the issue is. I'm hoping to include a fix in the upcoming Editor release.

DK_Hockey
Junior League

Post by DK_Hockey » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:21 am

Hi Archibalduk,

First great work on this editor.
But I have a question, you can't correct the length of a contract in Saved game mode?
I have some players in Frederikshavn White Hawks with wrong contract length.

When I go in to the editor and correct their contract then it is still wrong in the game after saving it in the editor and reload the game in EHM.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:21 pm

That's correct - you cannot edit contracts in saved games.

DK_Hockey
Junior League

Post by DK_Hockey » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:23 pm

Okay is it something you are going to add later on? :-)

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:00 pm

DK_Hockey wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:23 pm
Okay is it something you are going to add later on? :-)
It really depends. It's not that I don't want to; it's because the saved game structure is completely unknown. So it means trying to figure out what a lot of hexadecimal code means, much of which is impossible to decipher. However, if Riz adds the full contract details in the database (i.e. the various clauses and year by year salaries) then this might allow the same data to be editable in the saved game. I recall Riz mentioning here or on Twitter that it was on his list for a future patch.

ZaZooM
Prospect
Favourite Team: Lokomotiv Yaroslavl / NY Rangers

Post by ZaZooM » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:01 pm

future patch?

](*,)

lslowik
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Minnesota Wild

Post by lslowik » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:32 pm

Stupid question probably but I don't know why my saved game show up? Like, I can load it but none of the players or anything are there to edit?

Alright nevermind I figured that out but now I'm having an issue where it says, "unable to read draft history"? All I did was create a new player for the game.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:49 pm

xECK29x - I finally found time to debug your Norwegian spreadsheet crash. There was a bug in the Editor when importing player/non-player spreadsheets where you try to retire a non-existent person. Instead of flagging this as an error, it was trying to retire a non-existent person which resulted in a crash. The person in question was Shane O'Brien. I have fixed this in the upcoming Editor, meaning that you will get an error instead of a crash.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:22 am

archibalduk wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:49 pm
xECK29x - I finally found time to debug your Norwegian spreadsheet crash. There was a bug in the Editor when importing player/non-player spreadsheets where you try to retire a non-existent person. Instead of flagging this as an error, it was trying to retire a non-existent person which resulted in a crash. The person in question was Shane O'Brien. I have fixed this in the upcoming Editor, meaning that you will get an error instead of a crash.
Oh great! I wouldn't even think of that but it makes sense!

MikelPickle
Prospect
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins/Syracuse Crunch

Post by MikelPickle » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:10 am

How can you change the salary cap?

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:50 pm

MikelPickle wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:10 am
How can you change the salary cap?
Competitions -> Finance Info -> Max/Min wage budget

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:12 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:15 pm
Be very careful when importing any .ehm files containing league structures. There is an issue with the Editor either importing the structure as a duplicate or overwriting the wrong structure. I need to look into the cause but I can guess what the issue is. I'm hoping to include a fix in the upcoming Editor release.
I believe I have fixed this in the upcoming release.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:09 pm

A new version of the Editor (v0.3.2) is now available: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=16014#p206841

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TAKING REGULAR BACKUPS OF YOUR DATABASE. Whilst I believe all should be fine and I have been undertaking various tests, I did make some major changes to the way in which draft history and player rights are processed and validated in the database.

Unfortunately the playable league wizard needs more work before it is usable. The work involved is going to take a while to complete but I didn't want to hold up releasing what I have done to date. Provided no hotfix release are required, the next version of the Editor will include at least a basic version of the playable league wizard.

Aside from fixing bugs and making tweaks, the focus of this release has been the various feature requests made over recent months. The main feature requests included are separate screens for draft histories/picks (via the Competitions tab) and player rights (via the People tab) as well as improved player/staff filtering. Not only can we now filter by player rights, draft history/eligibility, league playing for and league contracted, we can also filter by whether a player has previously played for a team or in a league (this is determined by the player's career history as well as the Previous Club field). For example, you could filter all players who played in the NCAA or a particular club in the NCAA which might be helpful for finding particular alumni.

In addition to the various feature requests, the Editor also includes a schedule generator for schedule templates and a schedule dates generator. Both of these are works in progress and will be improved over coming Editor releases. The algorithm for the schedule templates generator is very basic and I already have some ideas on how this could be improved. The schedule dates generator does not yet include playoff/tournament-specific items (such as round names, round codes and draw dates), but it will generate regular season/group dates adequately.

Below is the changelist along with a few screenshots showing the new features.

New Features:
  • Added a schedule dates generator to the Rules & Structure screen;
  • Added a schedule generator to the Schedule Templates screen;
  • Added a mass editor option to delete all player career history entries with zero games played;
  • Added copy club option when adding new clubs via the Editor;
  • Added draft history editing screen;
  • Added draft history validation;
  • Added player rights editing screen; and
  • Added player rights validation.
Fixes and Improvements:
  • Added colour correction to clubs, leagues and nations where no colour has been set;
  • Added NHL draft eligibility columns when exporting Players & Non-Players spreadsheets;
  • Added table descriptors to error messages displayed when unable to add or remove rows;
  • Added the following filters to the Players & Non-Players screen: (1) Has played for club, (2) Player rights held by club, (3) Club drafted by, (4) NHL draft eligibility, (5) League contracted, (6) League playing in and (7) Has played in league;
  • Corrected BKArchitect algorithm used with the automatic player and non-player reputation calculation;
  • Disabled tabbing focus of the imperial height and weight conversions on the Player Details tab of the Players and Staff editing screen;
  • Fixed crash with Players & Non-Players importer spreadsheet when attempting to retire a person who does not exist in the database;
  • Fixed issue with pop-up windows causing the main Editor window to hide behind other windows;
  • Fixed issue with the Rules & Structure importing where the existing schedule templates were not being displayed in the import dialog;
  • Fixed issue with the Rules & Structure importing where the incorrect Rules & Structure ID was being set;
  • Fixed issue with the "Set as Inactive" setting on the Clubs Editing screen not correctly clearing the divisional data;
  • Improvements to the EHM 2004 to 2007 converter (but it does not yet result in a playable database);
  • Minor adjustments to the layout of the Import Spreadsheet screen;
  • Minor changes to user interface dimensions in order to increase available space for smaller screen resolutions;
  • Minor performance improvement to text filtering (but wildcard/regular expressing searching is now disabled);
  • Redesigned player rights editing sub-screen of the Players and Staff editing screen;
  • Removed the "Dialog windows always stay on top of other windows" setting as this is no longer used;
  • Simplified logging system; and
  • Text entry for indexed items in the Editor are now case insensitive (e.g. the Day of Week field in Schedule Dates).

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:45 am

:notworthy:

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:22 pm

This is some next-level stuff!

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:06 pm

I hope it is of some use. Is there anything BKarchitect, xECK29x and Manimal need for the purposes of your roster updates in terms of Editor functions? Obviously I'm happy to take database editing suggestions/requests from anybody but I thought I'd specifically mention you three given the active roster projects (plus of course there is Nino and CJ who have their respective retro rosters). Being able to import/delete first names and second names is getting nearer the top of my list, but I'm not sure if there is anything else that has been requested which I haven't added. The draft eligibility filter could be improved if it allowed you to select which draft year in question rather than just the DB start year - I have added this to my list.

The next priority is obviously the playable leagues wizard and overhauling those editing screens. Another sizeable project which is fairly imminent is a code review/tidy-up with an overhaul of some of the core functions. This will allow for some more advanced functions such as being able to export spreadsheets and research sheets using the filtered data in the Editor (e.g. you could filter out draft eligible players in the Players/Non-Players screen and then export just those players into a spreadsheet).

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Wed May 01, 2019 1:27 am

These new features are huge for me, nothing really pressing for me at the moment Archi, thanks again for everything you do!

Matee
TBL Rosters Researcher
Favourite Team: ottawa

Post by Matee » Wed May 01, 2019 11:36 am

I have problem with new editor v.0.3.2. Names of players and staff do not appear....

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Wed May 01, 2019 2:32 pm

Uploading for Matee, these are with the same DB file:

v.0.3.2

v.0.3.1

Missing a dependency perhaps?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed May 01, 2019 6:51 pm

Matee wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:36 am
I have problem with new editor v.0.3.2. Names of players and staff do not appear....
xECK29x wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:32 pm
Uploading for Matee, these are with the same DB file:
Very strange. This is not something I'm able to replicate on my copy of the Editor. Could you post a screenshot of the Database tab on the Settings screen? Also, if you go to the Players and Staff screen and click on Export Data -> Export Model, is Column A of the generated csv file (Display Text) blank?

I made a change to the way the player/staff names are displayed in the navigation menu, screen heading and various other parts of the Editor in order to improve search performance in v.0.3.2. Essentially they are now cached instead of being generated/displayed on the fly. I suspect this caching might be the cause and it might be because it isn't being cached unless a particular setting is enabled. I will take a look this weekend, but it would in the meantime be good to know what your current Settings are to confirm my theory.

Matee
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by Matee » Wed May 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Yes, Column A is blank

Matee
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by Matee » Wed May 01, 2019 8:14 pm

Matee wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:13 pm
if you go to the Players and Staff screen and click on Export Data -> Export Model, is Column A of the generated csv file (Display Text) blank?
Yes, Column A is blank

Return to “Data Editing Forum”