The Blue Line

Editing league rules and structures in EHM 1

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.

Re: Editing league rules and structures in EHM 1

Postby Alessandro » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Tumeez wrote:How I can edit 9.4 database? It's only Workshop Subscription, so I can't edit it?

Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby Tumeez » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Nice pic. Problem is that I don't know where Workshop content will be downloaded, so I can't find where is that database file. So I can't edit it. So, can you answer, what is location, where is workshop content? (Example that database.) Because it's not \Eastside Hockey Manager\data\database.
Tumeez
Junior League

Postby jonathanorjas » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Tumeez wrote:Nice pic. Problem is that I don't know where Workshop content will be downloaded, so I can't find where is that database file. So I can't edit it. So, can you answer, what is location, where is workshop content? (Example that database.) Because it's not \Eastside Hockey Manager\data\database.

It's located in this path inside your steam folder: \steamapps\workshop\content\301120\567307051
I hope that my help was useful :-)
jonathanorjas
Junior League

Postby Primis » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:09 pm

Tumeez wrote:Nice pic. Problem is that I don't know where Workshop content will be downloaded, so I can't find where is that database file. So I can't edit it. So, can you answer, what is location, where is workshop content? (Example that database.) Because it's not \Eastside Hockey Manager\data\database.

What Alessandro is saying is that there's already a thread with an answer devoted to exactly this problem. And it's not even very old.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17841

I know those who are new, or are infrequent visitors, maybe don't understand, but to those of us that are on here many times a day trying to keep track of numerous ongoing threads and conversations, it's INSANELY frustrating to then see people asking questions or starting new threads to ask things that have already been recently answered, in some cases been answered numerous times even. Specifically, in someone like Alessandros case, it can slow down progress that he could be making with roster improvements, bug fixes, etc.

Please people, use the search function provided at the top of the forum. In this particular case, a search for "Workshop content" or even just "workshop" would have yielded the answer, and more quickly than posting and waiting for an answer.
Primis
Freeware Moderator

Postby Tumeez » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:26 am

Primis wrote:

What Alessandro is saying is that there's already a thread with an answer devoted to exactly this problem. And it's not even very old.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17841

I know those who are new, or are infrequent visitors, maybe don't understand, but to those of us that are on here many times a day trying to keep track of numerous ongoing threads and conversations, it's INSANELY frustrating to then see people asking questions or starting new threads to ask things that have already been recently answered, in some cases been answered numerous times even. Specifically, in someone like Alessandros case, it can slow down progress that he could be making with roster improvements, bug fixes, etc.

Please people, use the search function provided at the top of the forum. In this particular case, a search for "Workshop content" or even just "workshop" would have yielded the answer, and more quickly than posting and waiting for an answer.

Yes. I understand that. I'm sorry that I waste your time.

@jonathanorjas So many thanks to you! :notworthy:
Tumeez
Junior League

Postby Alessandro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:39 am

Tumeez wrote:Yes. I understand that. I'm sorry that I waste your time.

Next time save time yourself and search :nod:
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby Primis » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:41 pm

I've done searches and looked around, and not found anything really:

What is the "Division Level" under League --> Basic Data --> Classification used for?

I get that the NHL is a "01", but does that mean that if I create a new North American league and also make it a "01" with the appropriate high league reputation and teams with high reputations, that it would essentially be recognized as a competitor of sorts with the NHL?

Or is the Division Level not that broad a spectrum, and it merely refers to pecking order for a minor league system in its own little bubble?
Primis
Freeware Moderator

Postby Alessandro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Primis wrote:I've done searches and looked around, and not found anything really:

What is the "Division Level" under League --> Basic Data --> Classification used for?

I get that the NHL is a "01", but does that mean that if I create a new North American league and also make it a "01" with the appropriate high league reputation and teams with high reputations, that it would essentially be recognized as a competitor of sorts with the NHL?

Or is the Division Level not that broad a spectrum, and it merely refers to pecking order for a minor league system in its own little bubble?

I think it's the latest. I noticed that (in Europe at least) in some cases the game crashes if you set the same number to two professional leagues (eg first and second tier both set at one).
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby Scr3am » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi,
I'm working on french championships and i need help. 2nd division with 2 groups and PO/PD work well.

I need help for the 3rd division:
4 groups (4 stages), 32 teams (league) with 4 PO (4x4) OK
PO (cup), 16 teams, first round 2 legs + 1/4 with 2 legs OK
Final group (league), 4 teams (1/4 PO winners) => which fate for draw?

Thanks a lot if you can help me :)
Scr3am
Junior League

Postby Alessandro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Try 103
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby Scr3am » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your help but...

Scr3am
Junior League

Postby nxr » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:51 pm

You are drawing teams from stage 2. Shouldn't you draw from stage 5?
nxr
Learning to skate

Postby Scr3am » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi nxr,

Draw from stage 5 = 3 clubs from first group and 1 from another group but none from 1/4 final.
Perhaps combo team picking rules and linked stages.

EDIT: it's working: "from prev stages seeded"; stage to draw teams from "5"; fate to draw teams from "103".

Thank you very much Alessandro and nxr.

Is it possible to give you the database when it will be finish?
Last edited by Scr3am on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scr3am
Junior League

Postby Primis » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:42 pm

Been looking all over for this one and can't find it.

Is there any way to make a North American league that operates like the NHL, where they can freely sign guys currently under say AHL or ECHL contract (but not with a NHL contract)? Or is this something set in the flags that still show up in the Extra Rules as "--Unknown--(###)" in the editor? I know the NHL has like 7 or 8 of those flags still.

Or is that decided by the league pecking order thing?
Primis
Freeware Moderator

Postby Named » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 am

Scr3am: How much real you made these leagues? :) Have we got all participate teams in these French leagues? When you finish of course we can implement them in our release. :)
Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby Alessandro » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 am

Primis wrote:Been looking all over for this one and can't find it.

Is there any way to make a North American league that operates like the NHL, where they can freely sign guys currently under say AHL or ECHL contract (but not with a NHL contract)? Or is this something set in the flags that still show up in the Extra Rules as "--Unknown--(###)" in the editor? I know the NHL has like 7 or 8 of those flags still.

Or is that decided by the league pecking order thing?

The game is still not 100% db driven so I'm sure that there is a good deal of hardcoding.
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby Scr3am » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Named wrote:Scr3am: How much real you made these leagues? :) Have we got all participate teams in these French leagues? When you finish of course we can implement them in our release. :)

I take your great release 9.4, fix some mistakes and add:

- division 2 and 3 (rules and structures with your help ;) , some teams)
- cities
- arenas
- affiliations
- few players for moment

I don't want to steal your work :)
Scr3am
Junior League

Postby Named » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:50 am

If someone is interested I'm currently working on activating another hardcore level - Finnish II-Divisioona. There is still much of work to do cause not all options work properly and sometimes i don't get how they will work but i made a huge progress and 60% of work is done. I focus on draw relegation groups and playoffs. Minor things like correct dates will be changed when I get all draw correct. Now I had a few problems to solve:
- disable duplicate drawing III-Divisioon teams for Playouts (it was fixed with team picking rule "From Prev Stages Split Teams And Ignore Already Picked For Concurent Stages" but then i didn't get all II-Divisioona participates.)
- some playoffs participates draw twice

If someone is wanted to help it will be appreciate. :)

Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher

New 12 team Elite League

Postby celislanders1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Has anybody managed to re-create this i would try but the new editor doesn't work with vista ??
celislanders1
Prospect

Postby celislanders1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:32 pm

Would it be possible to make the British System from scratch and have promotion and relegation between divisions ??
celislanders1
Prospect

Re: EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Postby EArk » Tue May 09, 2017 8:45 am

I dont know if its close to a roster update, but I´m currently testing a Icelandic database, if there is any interest of bring it in the next update, I will happily share it.
It will inclued the icelandic senior division and the u18 league and maybe even the u16 league :)
EArk
Junior League

Postby Alessandro » Tue May 09, 2017 9:09 am

Sure, when you-re done just put a link here
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby EArk » Tue May 09, 2017 7:13 pm

So here it is: http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/WqxJph1y/file.html

Icelandic league with real rules and structures.
4 teams. Regular season 24 games (play each team 8 times)
Play offs: Top 2 plays final best of three.

+ Icelandic under league 18 with the same structure.
EArk
Junior League

Postby Named » Tue May 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Have You created any new players in Your db? :)
Named
League structures guru
TBL Rosters Researcher

Postby EArk » Tue May 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Named wrote:Have You created any new players in Your db? :)

no, but I think its already a lot of icelandic players in the game, so the teams have almost full squad :)
EArk
Junior League

PreviousNext

Return to Data Editing Forum