Editing league rules and structures in EHM 1

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Re: Editing league rules and structures in EHM 1

Post by archibalduk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Does anybody know of any playable league in any database where there is a preliminary playoff round between the teams that finish mid-table from the regular season, the winners of which compete in the playoffs against the leagues' top placed teams?

I am trying to recreate the 1974/75 NHL where:
  • the top 4 teams qualify for the playoffs;
  • the 8 teams that finish behind the top 4 play in a preliminary round (best of 3 series);and
  • the 4 winners of the preliminary round games qualify for the playoffs and play against the top 4 teams from the regular season.
I have the regular season and the preliminary round up and running but I cannot figure out how to set up the playoffs (which will need to draw the 4 winners of the preliminary round and the 4 divisional winners). :-k

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:56 pm

The SHL has a similar set up.
Top six teams to playoffs, seven-through-ten to a "play-in round"

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Thank you! That's exactly what I was after. :thup:

Ukko
TBL Rosters Researcher
Favourite Team: Blackhawks, Sharks, Finns, EK65.

Post by Ukko » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Hello

I have a request for those who are confident/experienced with the editor.

I'd like the finnish Liiga to be edited in order to feature play-down/relegation structure.
Liiga has 15 teams, while Mestis has 13.

Here's the idea I have :

At the end of the season, 2 last teams of Liiga play a set of games against team 2nd of the Mestis League.
Winner of Mestis is sent to Liiga automatically, and winner of the relegation league gets to stay/go to Liiga.

Relegation league would feature home/away games between all 3 teams, with points counting the same as regular season.

Can someone set this up for me ? with TBL or xECK29x rosters ?

Thanks by advance !

(maybe this post is offtopic ? If it needs a new topic, I'd be thankful for a move by and admin ^^)

Ukko
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by Ukko » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:40 pm

I'm upping this to renew my request, I hope this is not too floody ?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:12 pm

I think it is unlikely (but not impossible) that you will find somebody with the time or willingness to do this. Your best chance of success is to try to do this yourself. It isn't really that hard; it's just that people are put-off by the number of settings.

A starting point would be to find some existing settings which fairly similar to what you want to achieve. You can then use them as a basis. You could also look at my draft guide which will give you some pointers: viewtopic.php?f=110&t=18927#p233918

lucamo99
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: HC Lugano

Re: EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by lucamo99 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:18 pm

Hello everyone, I have a question, is there a tutorial to create a roster database? I want to create a "correct" database for the Swiss national league, can you explain me how can I do this?

Javs
Minor League

Re: Generating league schedules

Post by Javs » Mon May 07, 2018 10:43 pm

I have took xECK29x-Roster's and added a 32nd team (Seattle). I changed the number of teams in the NHL under Competitions>Rules&Structure>NHL> 'Basic Data' and adjusted the Western Conference under 'stage' tab to 16 teams. I also have 8 teams per division as listed under the 'structure' tab. I then imported the schedule from NHL32 - Seattle v4.0 database which incorporated a 32nd team.

I get no errors when loading the database, however Winnipeg doesnt get any games scheduled. I double checked the schedule and they have teams 0->7, 100->107, 200->207, and 300->307 scheduled so I don't understand.

Any tips?

sten88
Junior League

Post by sten88 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:57 am

This is driving me insane now so I'm hoping someone can help.

I've created a 42 team NHL - removed the east and west conference but consists of 6 divisions. The 6 division winners make up the top 6 seeds, 7-16 make up the rest of the playoffs. So the first round goes 1v16, 2v15 etc.

Everything works exactly as intended until the final playoff game - once a team wins their 4th game in the playoff final the game crashes every single time. There's no error box that comes up as has happened with previous tests to help identify the problem, just 'ehm is not responding'. Any ideas as to why this might be?

Javs
Minor League

Post by Javs » Sat May 19, 2018 11:55 pm

Any way to edit the OHL / WHL / QMJHL protection territories? I would like to edit them to province by province to try and enable Canadian Jr.A leagues

Ukko
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by Ukko » Sun May 20, 2018 5:59 pm

archibalduk wrote:I think it is unlikely (but not impossible) that you will find somebody with the time or willingness to do this. Your best chance of success is to try to do this yourself. It isn't really that hard; it's just that people are put-off by the number of settings.

A starting point would be to find some existing settings which fairly similar to what you want to achieve. You can then use them as a basis. You could also look at my draft guide which will give you some pointers: viewtopic.php?f=110&t=18927#p233918
I didn't take the time to thank you for this, since I have more time to try things out in editing, I'll have a shot at a swedish-like finnish league system :)

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun May 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Javs wrote:Any way to edit the OHL / WHL / QMJHL protection territories? I would like to edit them to province by province to try and enable Canadian Jr.A leagues
No I don't think there are any province settings in any of the league rules at the moment. I suspect this is hardcoded at present.

Javs
Minor League

Post by Javs » Tue May 29, 2018 10:15 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm
Thank you! That's exactly what I was after.
How did you manage this? How did you utilize 'Extra Teams' and 'Extra Team Start Index' under the playoff stage schedule?? I am stuck trying to re-create some CJHL leagues play-in rules.

For example, the AJHL has 2 divisions of 8, but only 7 from each make the playoffs in separate divisional playoffs with the top teams taking a bye.

I just copied the SHL 'Rules' setup for the playoff stage, so as the schedule works I will need 3 dates for the 3 rounds of the divisional playoffs.

In the first date/round it will be 6 teams, with 3 moving on to meet the top team that had a bye to make it 4 teams in the second round, and then the 2 winners in the third round. So I have the No. Teams, No. Games, Extra Teams, Extra Team Start Index as follows per round:

Round 1 - 6/3/7/0
Round 2 - 4/2/0/0
Round 3 - 2/1/0/0

Obviously this doesn't work because I think I don't have the two 'Extra Team' sections filled out properly.

Sorry if this is confusing to read, but it is confusing to me lol

Javs
Minor League

Post by Javs » Wed May 30, 2018 3:17 am

Moved

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed May 30, 2018 8:54 pm

I struggled with the Extra Teams setting and was unable to get it to properly work (it would crash when I got to the stage where extra teams would be drawn). I mentioned it to Riz a few months ago but haven't had a reply. I can email you my DB if you like - maybe it might help show how far I got (but like I say, it crashes). You might also want to take a look at Stage 5 (Playoffs) of the Allsvenskan in the TBL Rosters v10.3 too.

Javs
Minor League

Post by Javs » Thu May 31, 2018 9:39 pm

I think I figured it out, however I just got a crash when trying to take over a team now.. not sure what's going on.

If I can figure out the crash all that's left is the regional tournaments and then the RBC Cup, but I can't really get those to work.

CraftJocke
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Karlskrona HK

Post by CraftJocke » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:38 pm

I'm trying to make the Swedish fourth league (HockeyTvåan). The problem is just that there are alot of teams in that league. I think there are 90 teams divided into 9 groups. I have managed to create all groups. The problem is just that when trying ingame, the game crashes when the game tries to give me a preview of the league through the mail. Can't the game handle that many teams in the same league at the same time? Or is there a solution to my problem?

BKarchitect
Checking Line

Post by BKarchitect » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:16 am

Happened to me when I made the NCAA as one league. I can’t remember the number but it’s either 50 or 50-something that is the max teams or else it will crash at seasons preview screen every time.

BKarchitect
Checking Line

Post by BKarchitect » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 am

Solution would be to make the groups each into a league (or collection of groups) and then use those playoffs to eventually lead to a CHL-Memorial Cup style playoff league that is separate but takes winners from the groups. I’ve used this method successfully setting up the NCAA and CJHL. Not sure how it would work with Swe-4 though.

celislanders1
Prospect

Post by celislanders1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:50 pm

Is there anything to help with making schedules ??

BKarchitect
Checking Line

Post by BKarchitect » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:02 am

celislanders1 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:50 pm
Is there anything to help with making schedules ??
1) If you have a real schedule to base it off of - then all you need is some experience in Excel and a bit if patience. It's not too hard once you get the hang of it, as long as you can find a schedule online to copy into a text file in a good format that has the dates next to the matches. Otherwise you may have to do some copy/pasting of dates.
2) If you don't have a real schedule but it is a league where the number of teams and schedule approximates a league already in the game, you can just copy that schedule.
3) If you are ok with a round-robin (ie, 16 team-league where everybody plays each other 3 teams for 48 games) - you can implement that into the league without a schedule template by simply setting up a series of dates in the league structure. Many leagues are setup this way. The dates and team matchups may not be exact to real life but the overall result is fine.
4) If it's some weird number of teams or a schedule with really exact and complicated rules - then you basically have to do it from scratch. I did for my 36 team and 32 team NHL databases...worth it in the end but took forever. It was really, really painstaking work. Would not recommend unless you really are into editing stuff. There are some free schedule generators online but they are relatively rudimentary and rarely offer the number of teams needed (they are more for like if you are a youth soccer coach setting up league games for the summer).

celislanders1
Prospect

Post by celislanders1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:06 am

Thanks for quick reply. Looking at adding some more team to Elite League maybe make it up to 16.

Return to “Data Editing Forum”