Help with Editing Team Divisions and Names

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
ESHMfan01
Junior League
Favourite Team: Washington Capitals

Help with Editing Team Divisions and Names

Post by ESHMfan01 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:10 am

HI,
I used the EHM 1 editor to make some changes in my database. I was making a couple of these changes in the AHL, I was editing two division's names and relocation teams. I change the West Division to Pacific and the Midwest Division to the Central Division (used the one that was already in the database file for the AHL) and I moved Charlotte to the Atlantic instead of Midwest and Tucson from Atlantic to the West. Then I made changes in the "stage" section of the "Rules & Structures" area for the divisions for how many teams would be in each division. So I double checked to make sure everything was change and setup for my changes. So, I added the new database to my game, try to setup a new game and received an Error Message:

"Error CUSTOM_LEAGUE:: schedule_league_from_read schedule() - invalid team allocation to division ( AHL Div: AHL Central Division )".

So, I was wondering if anyone could help me and tell me what I did to cause this error and how to fix it? I did go back in the database a couple of time, do see if I can find the problem but I couldn't. I did look at the schedule too to see if that was the problem but I couldn't anything that look wrong to me about it.

So, if anyone has suggestions or knows what cause the error and how do fix it, I was greatly appreciate your help :)

Thanks you in advance your help and time

P.S. -I did made a couple of backup of the database before I made the changes in case, I run it a problem. Also, if anyone needs the database to look at or need a screenshot of the error message. Let me know and I will attach it to my forum. Thanks

Update 2: Look at the post on April 19 at 11 pm, to see my current progress on the project. Thanks to everyone for their help, so far. :)
Last edited by ESHMfan01 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Re: Help with Editing Team Divisions and Names

Post by Manimal » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:39 am

There are some name changes in one of the .config files. That is probably what's causing this

ESHMfan01
Junior League

Post by ESHMfan01 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Manimal wrote:There are some name changes in one of the .config files. That is probably what's causing this
Hi Manimal,
Thank you for the reply. Which .config file do you the problem happen in? I looked in the one .config file where the database file was located and couldn't find anything about the division or names. Is there other .config files, I can look at? Please let me know, where to look and I will try to fix the problem in the file.

Thank you for help

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:59 pm

To swap teams in the AHL divisions, you need to do two things for each team:

1) Change the Detailed Division setting for each team on the Clubs editing screen; and
2) Update the list of teams for each division on the AHL Rules & Structures screen (see the Structure tab on that screen).

Take a look at the NHL/Atlanta Thrashers example at the bottom of this tutorial (do a text search for "Example #2" to find it). The same principle applies.

ESHMfan01
Junior League

Post by ESHMfan01 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:53 am

archibalduk wrote:To swap teams in the AHL divisions, you need to do two things for each team:

1) Change the Detailed Division setting for each team on the Clubs editing screen; and
2) Update the list of teams for each division on the AHL Rules & Structures screen (see the Structure tab on that screen).

Take a look at the NHL/Atlanta Thrashers example at the bottom of this tutorial (do a text search for "Example #2" to find it). The same principle applies.
Hi archibalduk,

Thank you for the reply. I looked at the tutorial link, you give me and have already done that with the two teams. I think my problem maybe with the division names or a .config file (suggested by Manimal) but I'm not sure. However after reading a lot a thing on this forum about error with database after doing changes through the editor. Anything is possible. I will attach my screenshots of my two teams moved and the divisions on this post. So, anyone can look at them and see if there is a problem I missed with them.

Thank you again for your suggestion

Update (4/29): Remove screenshots no longer need them
Last edited by ESHMfan01 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ESHMfan01
Junior League

Post by ESHMfan01 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:12 pm

UPDATE:
I found a import_config.cfg file in another database folder. So, I copied the file and paste it in the database folder, I'm using. I open it and add entries for "FORCE_DATABASE_SET_TEAMS" and "CHANGE_TEAM_DIVISION_DATA". Opened up the game, try to start a new game and still have the problem.

Can anyone please tell me, if this file can used to help my problem?

Thank you for your help and time

Update (11:08 pm/5:28 am): I was trying something out. The File had nothing to do with it. I'm almost have this the way I want but still need help. Look for new update post! Thanks to everyone for getting me this far with their suggestions. :)

ESHMfan01
Junior League

Post by ESHMfan01 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:22 am

Update 2:

I was trying different things out and found out with some backup databases files, I had. The schedule and division name changes had nothing to do with it. It seems like a bug or a problem with setting the number of teams in the Midwest/Central(new name) and the West/Pacific(new name). I keep setting the Central to 7 and the Pacific to 8 but it keeps saying about a problem with the number of teams in the Central. So, I would double check the problem by setting the Central back to 8 and the Pacific to 7 and then the problem goes way. I also check the team detail division setting that I set for the team, I want to move from the Central to Pacific and it set correct. So, I not sure what cause the problem now.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thank you for your time and help

P.S. - If anyone wants to see the database, let me know and I will upload it. So, you can look at it. Thanks

ESHMfan01
Junior League

(Possible)Error in setting team numbers in division

Post by ESHMfan01 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:36 am

Hi,
I was using the EHM 1 editor to make some changes in my database. I was changing two AHL division names(the Midwest Division to the "Central Division" and West Division to "Pacific Division") and moving to two teams(one to Atlantic and one to the "Midwest", now "Central") to different divisions. So, I was testing the database after making the changes and everything was fine. So, then I realized that one team goes to the Pacific division and not the Central. So, I went into the "Club" Section and change the one team's detail division to "Pacific". Then went to "Rules & Structures" and add the team to a new division and then remove it from it old division. Making the team number list: Central - 7 and Pacific - 8. So, then I went into "Stages" and changes the numbers of teams for Central to "7" and the Pacific to "8". I saved my changes and exit the editor. I then went back into Eastside Hockey manager, try to start a new game with my new database and then received this message:

"Error CUSTOM_LEAGUE:: schedule_league_from_read schedule() - invalid team allocation to division ( AHL Div: AHL Central )".

So, I exited out and went back into the editor and undo my changes. I moved the one team back to the Central division and then change the number of teams back to 8(Central) and 7(Pacific). I also changed the Team's detail division back to Central as well. So, I saved the changes and went back into the game. I start a new game and everything was fine again.

So, I not sure what the problems is. I changed the number of teams in the two divisions to the new correct numbers but then the error happens. I know the "Midwest" division (now my central division), originally had 8 teams in until a made my first changes with the database. So, I not sure, if their a default number still in the database, I didn't know about that still needs to be changed but I know I did change the number of teams to "7" for the Central and get the error.

So, I'm not sure, if it a possible error/bug or if it a problem with a setting or what. If anyone knows of something else I need to do to make the change or know of a file I need to go into to make the change work? Please let me know. Also, if anyone wants to look at my database, let me know and I will upload it for you to look at.

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

:)

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:02 am

Please do not post multiple threads on the same thing. I have merged your threads into a single one.

ESHMfan01
Junior League

Post by ESHMfan01 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:43 pm

archibalduk wrote:Please do not post multiple threads on the same thing. I have merged your threads into a single one.
Hi archubalduk,

Thank you for letting me know. I thought I might be ok with the new post because I was posting about a possible bug found in the editor and not an error. I was hoping that making that post to make users aware of a possible setting error with the editor. However, since it is "kind" of the same problem, it should be in the same post. Thank you for catching that.

Also since you saw my post, can you tell me if there something wrong, I'm doing since the database keeps taking the old setting ("8") over the new setting I put in ("7") for number of teams?

Thank you so much for your time and help

ESHMfan01
Junior League

Re: Help with Editing Team Divisions and Names (need help)

Post by ESHMfan01 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:38 am

Hi,
I been working with my database for a while now and the problem still occurs. I try removing the teams in their divisions, changed the team numbers in each division and then re-adding the teams but the problem still happens. I try changing the number of teams and moving teams to new divisions and then changed the number of teams again. The problem still occurs. I even try one weird method, where I remove the teams and put them back into their division in a different order. The problem still occurs. No, matter what I try the problem still occurs.

I also look at xECK29x's roster to see what he did (which by the way, it's a great database. Good Job, xECK29x !), anyway I looked at it and saw nothing different from my in the team structure area. So, I tried his in ESH and his didn't show the same error as mine. So, please can anyone tell me what I doing wrong?

I have uploaded my database and have attached a link in this post to it. So, if anyone wants to look at it. So, please if anyone can look at it and let me know what i did wrong? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your help!

Updated (4/29): I remove my database link because I have fix the problem!

ESHMfan01
Junior League

Post by ESHMfan01 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:32 am

Post Update #3: (4/29)

I just wanted to let everyone know the problem is fixed. The problem did have to do with the schedule and moving the teams around. I edit the schedule and now the error fixed.

Thanks to everyone who offer suggestions and advise to fix my problem!

Return to “Data Editing Forum”