Editing saved games

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
Konstantinov16
Top Prospect

Editing saved games

Post by Konstantinov16 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:12 am

My OCD is bad, and I'd like to change the height of a player I have in a save game. Is this possible?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Editing saved games

Post by archibalduk » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:08 pm

I think this should be fine. But please keep a back up of your saved game before you edit it.

Konstantinov16
Top Prospect

Editing saved games

Post by Konstantinov16 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:36 am

My apologies, I should have been more thorough with my situation. Thank you for answering my initial question. However, I don't know how to edit a player's height or anything in the save game editor. Anyone know of a tutorial or can anyone provide a brief set of instructions? You guys are really awesome. It's a given since you are hockey fans but you are also awesome for helping me out here. Much appreciated.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Editing saved games

Post by archibalduk » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:43 pm

Load the EHM Editor, click on Open Saved Game and select your saved game. Then click on People -> Players and Staff. Find the person in question and type in the new height. Then click File -> Save.

Konstantinov16
Top Prospect

Editing saved games

Post by Konstantinov16 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:44 pm

Hey thanks for your help so far. The problem I am facing is that when I load the save game, go people, players and staff, there are no players listed. The field on the left where the players normally are in the database editing is blank, and searching yields no results.

I wasn't sure if this was just the default because you aren't supposed to edit players or whatnot, which is why I asked the question first.

Konstantinov16
Top Prospect

Editing saved games

Post by Konstantinov16 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:55 pm

Well I got it. I had the games saving compressed. I could have gotten it all on my own if I had just used my marbles a bit better. Anyone seen them? :-?

Thanks for the help archi

Return to “Data Editing Forum”