How to install OCX files

Prior to the development of Eastside Hockey Manager by SI Games, the game was a one-man freeware project by Risto Remes. This forum is the place to discuss any aspects relating to the freeware edition.

Moderator: Freeware Moderators

Forum rules
Visit our Downloads Section to download the full game as well as various editors and data updates (including roster updates).

All advertisements for online leagues must be posted in our Online Leagues Thread.
Juddy2288
Junior League
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

How to install OCX files

Post by Juddy2288 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:57 pm

I have downloaded EHM and was using and started having problems....I realized i never download OCX and visual files....its been a while though but once i have everything downloaded whats my next step

Primis
Freeware Moderator

Re: trying to download

Post by Primis » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:11 am

Juddy2288 wrote:I have downloaded EHM and was using and started having problems....I realized i never download OCX and visual files....its been a while though but once i have everything downloaded whats my next step
Open a command prompt, navigate it to the directory the OCX files are stored in, and then type:

"regsvr $FILENAME"

...where "$filename" is the name of one of the EHM OCX/runtime files, and hit Enter. Repeat for the other files. This registers them, and EHM should run then. You should only have to ever do this once for each file.

Juddy2288
Junior League
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Re: How to install OCX files

Post by Juddy2288 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:22 pm

not sure what you mean lol im getting runtime error 62

temkaUU
Junior League
Favourite Team: New Jersey Devils

Re: How to install OCX files

Post by temkaUU » Fri May 12, 2017 9:44 pm

try this:
http://ehm.fhockey.com/resources/vbrun60sp3.EXE
and this:
http://ehm.fhockey.com/resources/ocx_files.zip

the problem may be in OS System
in the properties of the Eastside.exe there should be marked:
COmpatability - Use in Win95 mode

SailsofKharon
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Vancouver Canucks

freeware ocx

Post by SailsofKharon » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:02 pm

im trying to install freeware and getting "mci32.ocx not correctly registered, a file is missing or invalid". So i tried to register it using what directions i could find on here and the read me from the ocx download but just kept getting another error message. "module "mci32.ocx" was loaded but he call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c" I looked up the error code to no avail.

I'm on windows 10, can anyone offer me some adice.

Primis
Freeware Moderator

Re: freeware ocx

Post by Primis » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:23 pm

Are you registering it from an elevated command line (Administrator rights)? Also make sure mci32.ocx is in the right directory path.

SailsofKharon
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Vancouver Canucks

Re: freeware ocx

Post by SailsofKharon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:57 am

I dumped the ocx files in the main eastside hockey manager folder in program files(x86). and i know to right click and run as administrator on comand prompt but when doing it that way im not sure how to navigate to the right folder to do the registry properly.

Return to “Freeware Eastside Hockey Manager”