How's it going in FHM 2014? What team Are You? [MODERN]

This is the place to discuss all aspects of Franchise Hockey Manager by OOTP Developments.
Lazion
Second Line
Favourite Team: Flyers

Re: How's it going in FHM 2014? What team Are You? [MODERN]

Post by Lazion » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:10 pm

My turn to post screenshots
I picked Panthers and after horrible first season I finally achieved something in FHM for first time ever without much of cheating. :joy:

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:45 pm

LOL. Nice. Kane, Selanne, Hiller, Vlasic, Hamoncic, Russell, Bollig, Connolly, Moore...

Just a couple of moves. Did you get the Hawks to throw in a 1st when you sent them Campbell for Kane and Bollig?

Lazion
Second Line

Post by Lazion » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:02 pm

batdad wrote:LOL. Nice. Kane, Selanne, Hiller, Vlasic, Hamoncic, Russell, Bollig, Connolly, Moore...

Just a couple of moves. Did you get the Hawks to throw in a 1st when you sent them Campbell for Kane and Bollig?
Nah.. I completed few bad trades and signed rest of arrivals from UFA list.

Gilroy, Winchester, Bergenheim and 7th round pick to CGY for MacDermid, Street and Russell

Campbell to ANA for 1st round pick and 3rd round pick

Boyes, 1st round pick, 3rd round pick, rights to Kosov and rights to Rau to CHI for Kane

Whitney, Howden, 2nd round pick and 5th round pick to NYI for Hamonic

Gomez, Goc, 5th round pick, 6th round pick and rights to Repik to MTL for Andrighetto and Fournier

Kopecky to BUF for Catenacci

Street to NJD for Wood

Catenacci, Lindström, rights to Pakarinen, rights to Grimaldi and 3rd round pick for Vlasic

Jovanovski to MTL for Didier

Now I have difficulties to keep team together. Already screwed negotiations with Fleischmann and Connolly.. I just should give them what they are asking for.

Valhal
Junior League

Post by Valhal » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Been trying it for a few hours and I don't know what to think.

One thing that pi*s me off is the search options (or the lack of it). I really don't want to look through all the teams to find a good goalie but search for him like you did in EHM.
Last edited by Valhal on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

Lazion
Second Line

Post by Lazion » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:00 pm

I already hate new divisional playoff format. I was really excited when I placed 8th position in conference after third Panthers season and prepared for playoffs when I noticed that Panthers are out of PO's after all. ](*,)
Playing fourth season as Panthers now. I runned in some salary cap problems after signing Stamkos for $9m multi and trading Pietrangelo from Blues, so I waived half of my roster in AHL and now I'm only running two lines. That's some clever team managing. :thup:
Luckily AI have problems with cap managing too and there's many good unsigned RFA's (B.Schenn, M.Granlund etc. etc.) That's probably why I did so well in second season.

Lortmane
Junior League

Post by Lortmane » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 am

I started a game as the Habs and traded Gionta, Plekanec, White, Briere and Deharnais and got Lucic, Couture and Broown in return. After 30 games I am in 9th place Pacioretty has 1 goal and 3 assists LOL
Love the game though some small changes would be appreciated. Seeing the players go up and down the ice to give a clue as to what tactics are working, penalties announced in the highlights would alxo be nice

Garethw87
Top Prospect
Favourite Team: Manchester Storm

Post by Garethw87 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:48 am

Every playoffs screenshot I see there are 4 goals by one of the teams in every single game :dunno:

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:17 am

Garethw87 wrote:Every playoffs screenshot I see there are 4 goals by one of the teams in every single game :dunno:
Really?! That's not good... :dunno: Are you definitely sure you're looking at the score and not the series result (because obviously each series will be won by 4)?

dave1927p
First Line
Favourite Team: Toronto (NHL), Hamilton (OHL),

Post by dave1927p » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:40 am

one thing I just can't seem to get past in FHM is the god awful interface. It's one of the most tedious interfaces I've experienced and it sucks most of the fun out of the game. Things where you should only have to click once takes about 5 or 6. It's something that I really would like to help in suggestions but I honestly don't know where to start as the list is just massive. They should really know better as well. It's just so frustrating to see.

Alessandro
Olympic Gold
Custom Rank: TBL Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Team Russia
WHL Team: Calgary Flames

Post by Alessandro » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:55 am

And you don't know how many time me and Archi (and others) asked to make it better, providing plenty of ideas, etc... Too bad we never received any feedback :cry: Archi even spent a lot of time writing post, I didn't it myself because i) Archi did it already in an excellent way and ii) I kind of knew it would have been wasted time :cry:

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Alessandro wrote:Archi even spent a lot of time writing post
Even by my own standards, that particular post was one hell of a big post! :-D

I really do hope they dedicate some time on improving the UI once they've improved the core gameplay. Regardless of how good the game gets, the present UI will always drag things down. People will just give up trying to play if they can't do or see things easily. It's not a case of adding eye-candy or making it look incredible like FM, it's just a case of making things intuitive. The freeware EHM never had the beautiful looks of FM, but it was pretty darn easy to use and hence people were more than happy playing it.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:26 pm

And we all know that I HATE The interface as well. It is the #1 thing they need to fix. Period. Then the Ai, The first impression of the game for me was....I hated tinker toys as a kid, and I am not a fan of this interface. I mean...many not as persistent as me would not even bother to try and make a trade. But of course many would rather have teams on the moon. I could care less what people think about how I continually go to that phrase....it is what has caused the game to be so clunky annoying and underwhelming in its ability. They asked for too much and allowed too much to be started in the game at the beginning and that is what has caused them to not deal with the ABSOLUTE BASICS.

But of course...they are the developer and know way more about what the general populous will want to make the game better. Thank god they listened to the vocalization of the space cadets who want online play...and moon landings..because you know those guys will love playing a totally non real version of a game that does not work at all.

still holding out slim hopes that they will you know...screw their heads back on and deal with the basics. But not much, especially since Jeff came out and said that the next release will have some big deal thing in it that will excite people about the game...some big change and great thing. Yay!!! THE INTERGALACTIC LEAGUE or the ONLINE RANDOM EVEN NUMBER HOCKEY LEAGUE>

dave1927p
First Line

Post by dave1927p » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:46 am

looks like we are all in agreement! I guess they are focusing on fixing the other issues but I must admit too that the UI should be top priority. Then again I guess it should of been prior to them releasing the game so since that is long done I can't blame them for focusing on the other issues. I have read Archi and some other peoples posts on the UI and they are great so it's sad to see they are being set aside I too have stopped making suggestions for UI as their focus is clearly elsewhere for time being.

There are just certain things that are a given in my mind that were just simply ignored that have me worried like listing the finalists in the history pages and the general stats for the draft summaries or past seasons. I look through the draft logs of past seasons and the fun is simply sucked out of it with them. They can't just think we'll click on each player to view his stats to see even if he played in the NHL or not. Ugh. So much of the right information is tracked, it's just shameful how it's presented (or more often than not, not presented)

Just think, if you're in a players profile page and click on the team name for an old stats line from the season of 2009/2010 it would be smart to bring the user to that teams stats from that year. Or click on the league and bring you to that leagues screen instead of forcing the user to click about 6 times to get to it. :help:

Garethw87
Top Prospect

Post by Garethw87 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:24 am

archibalduk wrote:
Garethw87 wrote:Every playoffs screenshot I see there are 4 goals by one of the teams in every single game :dunno:
Really?! That's not good... :dunno: Are you definitely sure you're looking at the score and not the series result (because obviously each series will be won by 4)?
:jester: :oops: :oops: OH MY GOD! HAHAHA I can't believe I didn't realise that! (I'm my defense, if I can have one! I check mainly when at work, like right now, and its 4:20am!!) :-p

As for the post by Alessandro regarding the interface. Yes, why haven't you or Archi had any feedback, that post by you Archi was impressive (and big!) but nothing? If you'd never played OOTP Baseball then yes, the interface is enough to put you off the game forever! I can't stand it, nor OOTP Baseball's. I spent the good part of a day during OOTP 8 just to get used to where to click and how to find things. It still confuses me now but hopefully it can get better, as yeah a lot of people are mentioning it.

As for the topic, I might try a Montreal Canadiens save seen as my new t-shirt arrived today from the new International NHL shop!

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Omg Gareth this got to be one of the biggest fail I've seen since I'm here hahahaha :-D

Garethw87
Top Prospect

Post by Garethw87 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:52 pm

philou21 wrote:Omg Gareth this got to be one of the biggest fail I've seen since I'm here hahahaha :-D
Thanks haha! Happy to entertain you at least :-p

dave1927p
First Line

Post by dave1927p » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Garethw87 wrote:
archibalduk wrote:
:jester: :oops: :oops: OH MY GOD! HAHAHA I can't believe I didn't realise that! (I'm my defense, if I can have one! I check mainly when at work, like right now, and its 4:20am!!) :-p

As for the post by Alessandro regarding the interface. Yes, why haven't you or Archi had any feedback, that post by you Archi was impressive (and big!) but nothing? If you'd never played OOTP Baseball then yes, the interface is enough to put you off the game forever! I can't stand it, nor OOTP Baseball's. I spent the good part of a day during OOTP 8 just to get used to where to click and how to find things. It still confuses me now but hopefully it can get better, as yeah a lot of people are mentioning it.

As for the topic, I might try a Montreal Canadiens save seen as my new t-shirt arrived today from the new International NHL shop!
I actually have no doubt they are listening to peoples posts. I see the proof, the problem is just their priorities are different than some other peoples and simply put the UI is not a priority for them.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Sorry... but I cannot agree there. They are listening only to what they want to hear. Not to the stuff about UI or anything to do with what really needs to be done in the basics of the game. I hope I am proven wrong, but betting that the NEW BIG CHANGES....will be to do with either online stuff or with Custom leagues.

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:25 am

So the UI is like in OOTP?

I thought it was okay. Different than EHM, but OK.

(Getting ready for :brix: Show me what you got! :-D )

dave1927p
First Line

Post by dave1927p » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:38 am

ootp14's ui is far more advanced than FHM. FHM's UI is more comparable to an older version, ootp3 maybe(?)

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:57 am

Ah, I see. Never tried such an old version.

Well, sounds like the game is not worth buying even still, so my decision to install EHM again was good. :roll:

MWE
Challenge Moderator
Custom Rank: #1 Tom Sestito Fan
Favourite Team: Sheffield Steelers

Post by MWE » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:04 pm

So i've re-installed FHM and got it going finally

Started a game with the Steelers came top of the league and won the play-offs against Belfast 5-4. Nate DiCasmirro was top scorer with 41 points from 46 games not even one crash which is allways a good sign :-D

MWE
Challenge Moderator

Post by MWE » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Finished my second season finnished top of the league again and beat Braehead and Nottingham on the way to beating Cardiff 3-2 in the play-off final. Jeff LEgue was top scorer with 39 points from 42 games. Frank Doyle was the best keeper in the league with 30 wins from the 47 games he played.

MWE
Challenge Moderator

Post by MWE » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Season 3 with the Steelers and I finished 3rd in the league behind Nottingham and Cardiff we were then knocked out of the play offs by Belfast in the first round they went on to lose the play off final to Fife :-o

Top scorer for the team was Dowd with 57 points from 50 games.

MWE
Challenge Moderator

Post by MWE » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Just finished my 4th season with the Steelers, finished 1st in the league with a record of 37-15-0 we were knocked out in the first round of the play-offs 9-6 by Fife :rant:

Nottingham beat Cardiff in the final.

Frank Doyle was once again the best keeper in the league

Ainars Podzins was our top scorer with 46 points from 52 games

Return to “Franchise Hockey Manager”