FHM 2 General Impressions Thread

This is the place to discuss all aspects of Franchise Hockey Manager by OOTP Developments.
batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Re: FHM 2 General Impressions Thread

Post by batdad » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:53 pm

I see Jeff. Which is why I asked the party in question here to not post that way here. Not what this thread is intended for.

dejaqwho
Junior League

Post by dejaqwho » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:22 am

I have to correct some misinformation stated here by jeff

FHM2 developers in Steam forum have been banning and deleting posts of many people, including their own posts. I got banned and my posts deleted when I was discussing a demo for FHM2, one of their developers responded to me and stated there is a good chance we will see a demo. I stressed that a demo would necessary since FHM 1 was so horrible. A day later they deleted a bunch of posts, mine included, that had any sort of discussion related to the “demo” question I started. They deleted the post by their own developer that stated “There is a good chance of a demo for FHM2”.

The only thing I could gather from that incident is that one of the developers must have missed the round table propaganda meeting and made a promise to release a demo…not realizing this would be bad business, since FHM2 is almost as bad as FHM1 (and I have had the chance to play FHM2). They decided to take it out on me and few others who commented on the “demo” topic…as well as deleting all posts associated with that topic. There is a real motive behind them deleting posts.

This isn’t the first time this developer has had integrity problems. I hope it didn’t get missed by too many people. If you remember FHM1 was released 3-4 reviews were posted on the steam pages by the developers, praising the game, one review even gave it an 8/10 rating…ask yourself, how the hell did that happen?

Sorry batdad, but the OP title said FHM2 general impressions, I think this falls under the general category, I won’t post about this in your thread again, just had to elaborate on my original post that was terse.

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by B. Stinson » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:28 am

dejaqwho wrote:...the round table propaganda meeting...

...this would be bad business, since FHM2 is almost as bad as FHM1...

...They decided to take it out on me...

...There is a real motive behind them deleting posts...
I always love reading your work.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:32 am

dejaqwho wrote:I have to correct some misinformation stated here by jeff

FHM2 developers in Steam forum have been banning and deleting posts of many people, including their own posts. I got banned and my posts deleted when I was discussing a demo for FHM2, one of their developers responded to me and stated there is a good chance we will see a demo. I stressed that a demo would necessary since FHM 1 was so horrible. A day later they deleted a bunch of posts, mine included, that had any sort of discussion related to the “demo” question I started. They deleted the post by their own developer that stated “There is a good chance of a demo for FHM2”.

The only thing I could gather from that incident is that one of the developers must have missed the round table propaganda meeting and made a promise to release a demo…not realizing this would be bad business, since FHM2 is almost as bad as FHM1 (and I have had the chance to play FHM2). They decided to take it out on me and few others who commented on the “demo” topic…as well as deleting all posts associated with that topic. There is a real motive behind them deleting posts.

This isn’t the first time this developer has had integrity problems. I hope it didn’t get missed by too many people. If you remember FHM1 was released 3-4 reviews were posted on the steam pages by the developers, praising the game, one review even gave it an 8/10 rating…ask yourself, how the hell did that happen?

Sorry batdad, but the OP title said FHM2 general impressions, I think this falls under the general category, I won’t post about this in your thread again, just had to elaborate on my original post that was terse.
Frankly I don't think any of us could care less. This is a forum to discuss hockey management sims and the sport of hockey. We don't need people dragging this thread off topic because of what seem to be personal vendettas.

Please can you stop posting all of this nonsense? If not then I'm afraid I'll have to ban you.

Can we bring this back on topic now please.

MWE
Challenge Moderator
Custom Rank: #1 Tom Sestito Fan
Favourite Team: Sheffield Steelers

Post by MWE » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:08 pm

One small thing I've noticed is you cant merge player stats for Regular season and play off games like you can in EHM.

Sebastian Palkowski
OOTP Developments
Custom Rank: FHM Developer

Post by Sebastian Palkowski » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:30 pm

MWE wrote:One small thing I've noticed is you cant merge player stats for Regular season and play off games like you can in EHM.
Never saw this on any sport side like nhl.com or espn. Is that really something that makes sense?

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:39 am

It doesn't, it's just something EHM has. Not a fan of it myself. I think regular season and playoffs stats need to be separate.

MWE
Challenge Moderator

Post by MWE » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:27 am

Sebastian Palkowski wrote:
MWE wrote:One small thing I've noticed is you cant merge player stats for Regular season and play off games like you can in EHM.
Never saw this on any sport side like nhl.com or espn. Is that really something that makes sense?
It's more of a personal thing than anything plus its an extra screenshot to take for regular season and play offs :-D

Sebastian Palkowski
OOTP Developments

Post by Sebastian Palkowski » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Hmm, maybe we can add it as an additional option, with the way it is now as default setting.

MWE
Challenge Moderator

Post by MWE » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:51 pm

:thup:

MWE
Challenge Moderator

Post by MWE » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:18 pm

~At the moment I am Zagreb in the KHL how do I sign players from my U20 team? Or do I have to wait until they appear in the draft list i've done two seasons and not one Croatian player was in the draft.

Alessandro
Olympic Gold
Custom Rank: TBL Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Team Russia
WHL Team: Calgary Flames

Post by Alessandro » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:24 pm

MWE wrote:~At the moment I am Zagreb in the KHL how do I sign players from my U20 team? Or do I have to wait until they appear in the draft list i've done two seasons and not one Croatian player was in the draft.
I fear there is a bug with KHL junior transactions, as I also have troubles signing players from MHL teams (gives some unreal error message) playing with a KHL Russian team.
Please report this to the FHM forums. I already raised the problem to the devs, but as usual, the more people, the better.

MWE
Challenge Moderator

Post by MWE » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:31 pm

I just did thanks :thup:

Sebastian Palkowski
OOTP Developments

Post by Sebastian Palkowski » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:22 pm

For the Draft, we need to add a second region for the non-Russian/Belarusian KHL countries.

Regarding the junior transactions, the minimum age in the game (18) seems to be wrong, it should be 17. Jeff already changed this in the db.

MWE
Challenge Moderator

Post by MWE » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:41 pm

Thanks for clarifying :thup:

Alessandro
Olympic Gold
Custom Rank: TBL Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Team Russia
WHL Team: Calgary Flames

Post by Alessandro » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:15 pm

Sebastian Palkowski wrote:For the Draft, we need to add a second region for the non-Russian/Belarusian KHL countries.

Regarding the junior transactions, the minimum age in the game (18) seems to be wrong, it should be 17. Jeff already changed this in the db.
The problem is that there is a mistake that prevents to sign players from MHL/2 when the player passed the draft age. Maybe that fix changes things, though.

Sebastian Palkowski
OOTP Developments

Post by Sebastian Palkowski » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Alessandro wrote:
Sebastian Palkowski wrote:For the Draft, we need to add a second region for the non-Russian/Belarusian KHL countries.

The problem is that there is a mistake that prevents to sign players from MHL/2 when the player passed the draft age. Maybe that fix changes things, though.
After looking into this and researching the KHL draft I must say it is just plain wrong in the game. :dunno:

Return to “Franchise Hockey Manager”