Survey for FHM

This is the place to discuss all aspects of Franchise Hockey Manager by OOTP Developments.
Sebastian Palkowski
OOTP Developments
Custom Rank: FHM Developer

Survey for FHM

Post by Sebastian Palkowski » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:00 pm

We just started a survey for the upcoming FHM 3 (and later versions). We want to get a better feeling for what is important to the people, feature wishes, the way people play the game, where they are from and so on. So if you have 5 minutes time please do the survey, it would help us a lot. And by doing so, you get a chance at winning one of 5 copies of FHM 3 once it is released later this year!

Thank you very much ...

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FranchiseHockeyManager

hluraven
Checking Line
Favourite Team: None

Re: Survey for FHM

Post by hluraven » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:16 pm

Thanks, done

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:40 pm

Done!

I guess what I'd like to see in FHM 3 most of all is the modern game becoming more developed and immersive. Also, given that the majority of playable leagues are European, I think the Euro style of play and rules need some attention. Rightly the focus for FHM 2 was on improving the UI and match engine. But I do feel the modern game has taken the back seat in favour of fictional/customisation mode (and I appreciate there's lots of demand for custom stuff). But equally if you favour the modern game, I'm sure the custom/historical fans will complain! :-D

dave1927p
First Line
Favourite Team: Toronto (NHL), Hamilton (OHL),

Post by dave1927p » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:34 pm

archibalduk wrote:Done!

I guess what I'd like to see in FHM 3 most of all is the modern game becoming more developed and immersive. Also, given that the majority of playable leagues are European, I think the Euro style of play and rules need some attention. Rightly the focus for FHM 2 was on improving the UI and match engine. But I do feel the modern game has taken the back seat in favour of fictional/customisation mode (and I appreciate there's lots of demand for custom stuff). But equally if you favour the modern game, I'm sure the custom/historical fans will complain! :-D
I agree that the euro leagues need attention, but to me the biggest league in the world is the NHL. That's where I would prefer focus for FHM3. But ultimately I would like the focus on A.I. and player development.

Alessandro
Olympic Gold
Custom Rank: TBL Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Team Russia
WHL Team: Calgary Flames

Post by Alessandro » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:59 pm

dave1927p wrote:
archibalduk wrote:Done!

I agree that the euro leagues need attention, but to me the biggest league in the world is the NHL. That's where I would prefer focus for FHM3. But ultimately I would like the focus on A.I. and player development.
This would be of great advantage on both the NA and Euro leagues.

Ozil
Junior League
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by Ozil » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:53 pm

All done as well. I'd like to see a match engine similar to that of EHM. I know it's limited, but there's something to be said about the action being able to be viewed. Otherwise, this game is heading in the right direction.

Sebastian Palkowski
OOTP Developments

Post by Sebastian Palkowski » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:22 pm

I look through the results after one day and most of them are what I/we expected. Some (average age, used resolution) are quit puzzling but mostly in a good way.

I agree with Colin that the modern game (leagues, rules, game flow, immersion) did not get the attention it deserves but we had to get a lot of basic stuff done first. Now, with most areas of the game in good shape we will indeed put our main focus on modern play and the general day to day game flow/immersion. Our main goal will be to get the playable leagues into a form that they indeed mirror reality as close as possible (e.g. the DEL in FHM is more a fictional league that plays just a bit like the real DEL but we want to have it closer to reality with e.g. the correct foreigner rules, "Förderlizenzen" and the correct way how the player limits work. Now we just have a 32 player max roster size but in reality a team in the DEL is allowed to register a max of 32 player for a season and if he releases/transfers a player he will not get a license back). This is stuff that makes leagues different and fun to try out (just last week a read about the KHL/MHL and all the different awards/titles and the draft and thought: "it would be fun to play in Russia if it is correctly designed". Of course Alessandro will kill the fun for me as developer once he brings up all the special rules there ;)).

But before I get angry PM´s: we also will not forget about historical and fictional, both modes will see improvements as well (and a lot of new stuff effects all 3 modes anyway). :)

So everyone that did not take the survey so far, please take 5 minutes and complete it, it helps us greatly for FHM 3 and beyond. Thanks!

Alessandro
Olympic Gold
Custom Rank: TBL Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Team Russia
WHL Team: Calgary Flames

Post by Alessandro » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:50 am

Sebastian, it would be quite interesting for us too to have the results of the survey once it's done...

MWE
Challenge Moderator
Custom Rank: #1 Tom Sestito Fan
Favourite Team: Sheffield Steelers

Post by MWE » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Done

szczepek25
Junior League
Favourite Team: Poland

Post by szczepek25 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Done

Sebastian Palkowski
OOTP Developments

Post by Sebastian Palkowski » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Thanks to everyone who participated already, we got a nice number of votes so far!

Prowl
Drafted
Favourite Team: Calgary Flames

Post by Prowl » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Thanks for the update Sebastian. I appreciate your efforts in improving the modern games and trying to reflect the game towards a more realistic path in terms of rules. I was really down on the first iteration and the step up to FHM 2 has been very good. While it's not a game I play regularly given some issues, I am optimistic you guys will take even bigger strides with FHM 3. Kudos to you and the team for making this game better and all the best in further improving the game.

Sebastian Palkowski
OOTP Developments

Post by Sebastian Palkowski » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Prowl wrote:Thanks for the update Sebastian. I appreciate your efforts in improving the modern games and trying to reflect the game towards a more realistic path in terms of rules. I was really down on the first iteration and the step up to FHM 2 has been very good. While it's not a game I play regularly given some issues, I am optimistic you guys will take even bigger strides with FHM 3. Kudos to you and the team for making this game better and all the best in further improving the game.
Thanks for the kind words, we will do our best for FHM 3.

If you have time it would be great to hear some more details on the bold part, any feedback we get helps us to improve the game.

Return to “Franchise Hockey Manager”