NHL Goal Horns 2016/17 and Faceoff Music

Various files and data relating to EHM that don't fit into any other category, such as research and scouting sheets.
Tiagopx
Junior League
Favourite Team: New York Islanders (NHL)

Post by Tiagopx » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi everyone!

Yesterday, I was searching about switching the default EHM 1 goal horns with some real ones, and I found it was actually possible... but I wasn't able to find any pack with some cool goal horns, etc.. So, I did one and I'd like to share it with you all! :-)

DOWNLOAD (GOAL HORNS): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXFKQMOdPqgiCsap62l6fRckpPj
MIRROR (GOAL HORNS): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Oo5 ... WJxcFRhWlk

This pack includes every NHL team goal horn (2016/2017 season). As I've said in the "Team goal horns" topic (admins can delete my post there, this topic replaces it), most horns are around 6/7 seconds (no music after the horn) because if the .wav file is longer than 7 seconds, the song will continue to play after the faceoff (after goal).

Installing: Just select and place all the 30 .wav files under Eastside Hockey Manager/data/sounds/horns (if you don't have the folder "horns", create it inside "sounds" folder!). And you're good to go!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BONUS: I wasn't going to upload the faceoff songs because people may not like the songs I used, but oh well... I'll leave them here, and you decide if you want to use them or not. Before putting them on the game, listen and see if you like it!

DOWNLOAD (FACEOFF MUSIC): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXFKQMOdPqgiCpVWOvRuPr1w3TE
MIRROR(FACEOFF MUSIC): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Oo5 ... 0VqRXNYR0E

Installing: Put the .wav files under Eastside Hockey Manager/data/sounds and replace them with the original ones (and don't forget to back them up!)

Hope you enjoy! :-p

sven2006wc
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Re: NHL Goal Horns 2016/17 and Faceoff Music

Post by sven2006wc » Tue May 16, 2017 10:04 pm

These are great. Any chance of some more faceoff music?? or a small tutorial on how to make them??

AngryDuck97
Junior League
Favourite Team: Amur

Post by AngryDuck97 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Tiagopx wrote:Hi everyone!

Yesterday, I was searching about switching the default EHM 1 goal horns with some real ones, and I found it was actually possible... but I wasn't able to find any pack with some cool goal horns, etc.. So, I did one and I'd like to share it with you all! :-)

DOWNLOAD (GOAL HORNS): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXFKQMOdPqgiCsap62l6fRckpPj
MIRROR (GOAL HORNS): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Oo5 ... WJxcFRhWlk

This pack includes every NHL team goal horn (2016/2017 season). As I've said in the "Team goal horns" topic (admins can delete my post there, this topic replaces it), most horns are around 6/7 seconds (no music after the horn) because if the .wav file is longer than 7 seconds, the song will continue to play after the faceoff (after goal).

Installing: Just select and place all the 30 .wav files under Eastside Hockey Manager/data/sounds/horns (if you don't have the folder "horns", create it inside "sounds" folder!). And you're good to go!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BONUS: I wasn't going to upload the faceoff songs because people may not like the songs I used, but oh well... I'll leave them here, and you decide if you want to use them or not. Before putting them on the game, listen and see if you like it!

DOWNLOAD (FACEOFF MUSIC): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXFKQMOdPqgiCpVWOvRuPr1w3TE
MIRROR(FACEOFF MUSIC): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Oo5 ... 0VqRXNYR0E

Installing: Put the .wav files under Eastside Hockey Manager/data/sounds and replace them with the original ones (and don't forget to back them up!)

Hope you enjoy! :-p
Friend, is there any desire to make sirens for the KHL, I can give horns on the mail.

Tiagopx
Junior League

Post by Tiagopx » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:34 pm

+ added Vegas Golden Knights goal horn!

Use the Mirror (Goal Horns) link to get Vegas horn! I can't update the Download link listed above the Mirror link, because I'm not the owner.

Tiagopx
Junior League

Post by Tiagopx » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:44 pm

AngryDuck97 wrote:
sven2006wc wrote:These are great. Any chance of some more faceoff music?? or a small tutorial on how to make them??

Step 1) Grab the song(s) you want, download them and cut them to around 5 or 6 seconds lenght (if it's longer, the music will keep playing after the faceoffs, which is a bit awkward);

Step 2) Convert the file to .wav (with any .mp3 to .wav website converter, just Google it);

Step 3) Place them under Eastside Hockey Manager/data/sounds/horns. Done!

This also applies to the horns.
AngryDuck97 wrote:Friend, is there any desire to make sirens for the KHL, I can give horns on the mail.
Oh I'm sorry, I'm very busy right now, university exams... But anyway, you can use the method I explained above to put the desired KHL horns on your game! If you don't want to, just PM me with a download link and I'll do the job once I have some spare time.

Tiagopx
Junior League

Post by Tiagopx » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Hello everyone!

Any NHL horns that need an update? I don't really feel like comparing all of them to see which ones are different this season, so if someone interested in an 2017/2018 update could tell me that info, I'd appreciate it... Thanks!

moss5563
Junior League
Favourite Team: Penguins
NOHL Team: moss5563

Post by moss5563 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:48 am

Yeah thatd be cool. What is the change in faceoff music though?

matbur
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by matbur » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:05 pm

Just discovered this! Going to give it a try, been wanting a soundpack for ages!

matbur
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by matbur » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:55 pm

These are really good! Is it possible to have more than 5 face off audio clips? There are tons I'd love to add on.

Tiagopx
Junior League

Post by Tiagopx » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 pm

moss5563 wrote:Yeah thatd be cool. What is the change in faceoff music though?
Just replace the "music1.wav", "music2.wav" (...) files under Eastside Hockey Manager/data/sounds! You have to convert the music file to .wav, and I also suggest you keep the audio lenght it under 7 seconds.
matbur wrote:These are really good! Is it possible to have more than 5 face off audio clips? There are tons I'd love to add on.
With the default game, there are only 5 .wav files for the faceoff music. I just replaced them with my own .wav... but I believe it might work! Try the following:

1) Cut the audios you want to around 6/7 seconds and convert them to .wav;
2) Rename the files to "music6.wav", "music7.wav" (the game might not be designed to have more than the original 5 .wav files, but give it a try);
3) As you can see, there are .aif files corresponding to every .wav file (music1.wav/music1.aif, etc.), but the faceoff music works without replacing the original .aif file (if you open it, you can see it's the default EHM faceoff sounds). So, I'd suggest you copy a random .aif file (music1, music2, ...) and rename it to "music6.aif", "music7.aif", ...

matbur
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by matbur » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:22 pm

I've had a fiddle but can't seen to get it to work but I'm not very adept at this sort of thing.

If you have any plans for an update, some more hockey tracks and organ would be awesome.

riz_si
SI Games

Post by riz_si » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:58 am

Okay, I had a look around the code as I'm sure I added support in for custom music files back in the day but couldn't find any external documentation on it. So here we go:

1) Create a new folder in the game sounds folder for your custom music files called "random_music", so that you have this folder: "/data/sounds/random_music/"

2) Place either 10 or 20 custom music files in WAV format in that folder with the files named "music1.wav", "music2.wav" etc through to "music10.wav" or "music20.wav". Ideally the music files should only be about 5-7 seconds long.

3) Make a backup of the game commentary file found in "/data/match events/events_eng.cfg" (just in case)

4) Open the above "events_eng.cfg" for editing and replace any instances of "music1.wav" through to "music5.wav" (those are references to the default 5 faceoff music files) with either:
"random_music_10.wav" or "random_music_20.wav" (depending on how many custom music files you have placed in the random music folder, note that these are just special wav names to tell the game to use a randomly picked file from the "random_music" folder so they don't refer to an actual file)
These instances of the default music wavs 1-5 should be under the events called EVENT_SWITCHING_GOALKEEPERS, EVENT_OPENING_FACEOFF and EVENT_NORMAL_FACEOFF in the default events file.

5) Try it out. I've tested this by taking the default 5 music wavs and copying them twice into a "random_music" folder, naming them "music1.wav" through to "music10.wav" and editing the events config file and it works fine here.

Return to “Miscellaneous”