Help - I edited my saved game

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
AIKsweden
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: AIK

Post by AIKsweden » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Hello.
I edited the saved game with EHM editor. I forget to do a backup of the save.

Now when I start the saved game, the training for goalkeepers are changed to train "new position" as Center.
When i start the game it tells me: TRAINING_MANAGER::load_from_disk() : cannot read human_team_training. But the game starts so i can play.
Then, when I check the trainingpage I see that the training for the goalies is changed so they have "new position - Center"
And i can't change that.
When I close the trainingside the game tells me: TRAINING_MANAGER::get_player_position_adapability() : invalid_position
And then as soon I press to continue to the next day, the game quits.

Is there something I can do to fix this? Or must I just give up the save and starts a new one?

Sorry for bad english

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Re: Goalie training changed to "new position Center"

Post by archibalduk » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 pm

You will either need to revert to any backup copy you have or alternatively start a new game.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:45 pm

I edited a saved game also and got this error. I didn't edit anything to do with players. Why is this?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 pm

Editing a saved game almost always corrupts it. Whatever you edited will likely have caused it. There are many saved game tables which the Editor cannot view or edit. So when you make what might feel like an innocuous change, it can cause parts of the saved game to become out of sync or mismatched.

The best case scenario is you just undo your changes and it fixes it. The worst case is that permanent damage is done.

This is why the Editor shows a warning when you first load it to say that you must take backups and it isn't designed to edit saved games.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Thanks. Yeah I did back up. I've always edited saved games at season end and n3ver had this error.

Return to “Technical Support”