Error: failed to setup next stage: 0 (Allsvenskan)

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Whiskerz
Junior League
Favourite Team: SJ Sharks

Error: failed to setup next stage: 0 (Allsvenskan)

Post by Whiskerz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:32 am

Imageehmfail by Gordon Lister, on Flickr

Ran into this error twice in a row. Two different saves.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALP

Only changes I have made is the salary cap for NHL using EHM Assistant. And I make those in the off season. This always happens in february 2026 for some reason...

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Re: Error: failed to setup next stage: 0 (Allsvenskan)

Post by archibalduk » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:58 pm

I have changed the thread title as it was not descriptive.

Another user recently reported this issue too. It looks like there is an issue with the Allsvenskan league structure in the DB which is possibly related to the Olympics. I suggest deactivating the Allsvenskan for now (I believe you can disable this in-game, assuming you are not coaching a team in that league).

Whiskerz
Junior League

Post by Whiskerz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:52 am

archibalduk wrote:I have changed the thread title as it was not descriptive.

Another user recently reported this issue too. It looks like there is an issue with the Allsvenskan league structure in the DB which is possibly related to the Olympics. I suggest deactivating the Allsvenskan for now (I believe you can disable this in-game, assuming you are not coaching a team in that league).
I cant disable it, it seems... or at least I havent found a way to yet

Whiskerz
Junior League

Post by Whiskerz » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:02 am

anyone got any ideas on how to fix the issue yet?

Or anyone know how to disable a league? When I go into Selected Leagues, it doesnt allow me to deselect any. All I can change is the Detail level. Which FYI doesnt stop the error

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:43 am

It will be a case of fixing whatever the issue is with the Rules & Structures settings for the Allsvenskan in the Editor (in the database). I won't have any time to look at this for quite some time as I'm busy coding the Editor. However, if you or anybody else figures it out then please do post in this thread so we can add the fix to the TBL Rosters.

If the league can only be changed to Selected rather than disabled then that's as far as you'll be able to go.

Whiskerz
Junior League

Post by Whiskerz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:33 am

Ive been trying things out, havent figured out what the issue is yet.

Just as a FYI the date is actually the day of the final league game.

Named
TBL Rosters Researcher
Custom Rank: League structures guru
Favourite Team: Chicago Blackhawks

Post by Named » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Screen from Allsvenskan standing?

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Some dates are wacked up.
They seem to have the schedule from 16-17
For example, some games are listed as being on a monday but the date is on a tuesday in 2017(this is from the relegation league)

EDIT: Regular season ends too soon also
The whole schedule needs a redo

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:13 pm

I don't think the fact the days do not match the dates will cause any issue. The game will adjust the dates to the nearest date matching the day of the week (this is the purpose of the day of the week setting IIRC). But maybe there is some other issue with the dates.

The fact the crash is occurring on the last date of the regular season suggests that the issue relates to the following stage. I had the same issue when working on the 1974 NHL - the game would crash whilst processing the final matches of the season because the following stage (the playoffs) contained an error. EHM and the Editor use a different stage numbering system. EHM numbers the first stage as -1, the second stage as 0, the third as 1, etc. The Editor uses 1 as the first stage, 2 as the second, 3 as the third, etc. This is simply to make it easier to understand. So when the EHM error refers to Stage 0, this is Stage 2 in the Editor. Looking in the Editor, Stage 2 is the relegation playouts. I would hazard a guess that the issue lies here.

Stage 2 draws teams from Stage 1 (the regular season) and the playoff winners from the HockeyEttan. I wonder if the HockeyEttan is not completing its season in time for the Allsvenskan playoffs (is this what you mean by the Allsvenskan regular season finishing too soon?). Perhaps we need to see whether a team has won the HockeyEttan playoffs on or prior to 23 February. If not, this could be the issue.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team

Post by Manimal » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 pm

In my save (I have never had that crash) the hockeyettan playoffs finishes on 23 february.
Then the relegation relegation playouts starts with one game 28 februaru and then the next ones on 12 march!

I'll run another test just to see but I will edit the schedule and dates anyway

Manimal
TBL Admin Team

Post by Manimal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:01 pm

I noticed stage 4, the playoff league, has 5 dates in Stage structure, but 6 schedule dates

KMPK
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: None

Error - Season 9 SHL (Swedish Hockey League)

Post by KMPK » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:56 pm

So I'm currently running my 9th season in the Swedish hockey League. I'm almost done with the season but now I cannot continue because of an error.

It says "Custom_League:Setup_Next_stage()-failed to setup next stage: () (Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan)

Is there anyway to come around this in order to continue? I don't want to start the game over now, I finally managed to get a great squad and youth team and running for the titles every season.

thank you in advance
Patrik

samee
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: ottawa senators

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by samee » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:29 pm

I'm also having issues with alvekssan in sweden. Im trying to sim in Febuary, i get that error report and the game crashes. Im in 2026 right now. do you guys have a fix yet?

samee
Learning to skate

Post by samee » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:30 pm

also, i did mess with the editor and it got rid of that, but now the Swedish Hockey League is having problems - its not causing crashes though, but i keep getting error messages http://prntscr.com/ip2she

nevermind it crashed

Manimal
TBL Admin Team

Post by Manimal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:29 pm

samee wrote: do you guys have a fix yet?
Any fix we do will not affect saved games

samee
Learning to skate

Post by samee » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:38 am

Manimal wrote:
samee wrote: do you guys have a fix yet?
Any fix we do will not affect saved games
oh

gonna die inside real quick rip

Whiskerz
Junior League

Post by Whiskerz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:06 am

any guides on fixing it in my save would be much appreciated...

just won 3 Stanleys in a row with my AHL teaming back to back Calder Cups too

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:19 am

archibalduk wrote:I don't think the fact the days do not match the dates will cause any issue. The game will adjust the dates to the nearest date matching the day of the week (this is the purpose of the day of the week setting IIRC). But maybe there is some other issue with the dates.

The fact the crash is occurring on the last date of the regular season suggests that the issue relates to the following stage. I had the same issue when working on the 1974 NHL - the game would crash whilst processing the final matches of the season because the following stage (the playoffs) contained an error. EHM and the Editor use a different stage numbering system. EHM numbers the first stage as -1, the second stage as 0, the third as 1, etc. The Editor uses 1 as the first stage, 2 as the second, 3 as the third, etc. This is simply to make it easier to understand. So when the EHM error refers to Stage 0, this is Stage 2 in the Editor. Looking in the Editor, Stage 2 is the relegation playouts. I would hazard a guess that the issue lies here.

Stage 2 draws teams from Stage 1 (the regular season) and the playoff winners from the HockeyEttan. I wonder if the HockeyEttan is not completing its season in time for the Allsvenskan playoffs (is this what you mean by the Allsvenskan regular season finishing too soon?). Perhaps we need to see whether a team has won the HockeyEttan playoffs on or prior to 23 February. If not, this could be the issue.
I think I have found the cause, but I will need to test it out. Simming 8 seasons in game is really time consuming. I wonder if changing the database start date to 2025 will allow me to replicate the issue in 2026 (rather than having to sim from 2017).

In the 2017/18 season, the Allsvenskan regular season finishes on Monday 26 February 2018 (i.e. this is the date on which the final round of regular season games are played). Game #3 of the HockeyEttan playoffs also takes place on this date (assuming the series goes to three games). So at the end of the day on 26 February the game will be able to draw the teams from the Allsvenskan and HockeyEttan for the Allsvenskan playouts (being Stage 2 of the Allsvenskan). So that's all fine.

However, in the 2025/26 season the HockeyEttan playoffs are not complete by the time the Allsvenskan regular season finishes. Game #1 of the HockeyEttan playoffs takes place on Monday 23 February 2026 (Game #2 is scheduled for 25 February and I assume Game #3 would be on 27 February). The Allsvenskan regular season finishes on Monday 23 February 2026. So at the end of the day on 23 February the game crashes because there are no teams from the HockeyEttan playoffs to draw into the Allsvenskan playouts (this is my theory based on the error message we get).

I expect that the solution will be to bring the HockeyEttan playoffs forward a few days (or to extend the Allsvenskan regular season by a few days). I need to test it out, but I think Stage 17 of the HockeyEttan has the Schedule Date that needs to be altered. I think if that were set to 19 / Monday then it might fix things (it is currently set to 20 / Monday) because it will be exactly one week before the Allsvenskan is set to finish. This might enable the game to correctly adjust the dates each season whilst allowing a sufficient period of time for the HockeyEttan playoffs to be concluded.

Alessandro
Olympic Gold
Custom Rank: TBL Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Team Russia
WHL Team: Calgary Flames

Post by Alessandro » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:27 am

archibalduk wrote:
I think I have found the cause, but I will need to test it out. Simming 8 seasons in game is really time consuming. I wonder if changing the database start date to 2025 will allow me to replicate the issue in 2026 (rather than having to sim from 2017).
I would advice you against doing that. You will find several problems especially with Olympics. To speed up the process I suggest you to sim up to 2025, then working on the saved game. It should work.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:54 am

Ok I'll give that a go. It seems EHM won't allow start dates as far in the future as 2025 in any event.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team

Post by Manimal » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:45 pm

I am halfway on updating the Allsvesnskan schedule for 17/18. Regular season will end on March 7th

xECK29x
Minor League
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:44 pm

Manimal wrote:I am halfway on updating the Allsvesnskan schedule for 17/18. Regular season will end on March 7th
Would you guys mind sending me over the fixes as well so I can incorporate them into my DB? Glad to see there is a potential fix for this.

nxr
Junior League
Favourite Team: Malmö Redhawks

Post by nxr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:17 pm

It's been a few days since the last post so I don't know if you managed to solve this problem yet. I fixed this by updating schedule-dates for HockeyEttan to match 2017/18 since they had the dates for 2016/17 in the db. I been able to sim as far as 2036 without any errors after this fix.

Below is a link to a HockeyEttan-structure with corrected dates you can use to import and overwrite with the editor. It should also work on saved games if you have a save before June 30 2025.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h7ETj ... OMYO1Bc5eD

Wildcat84A
Junior League
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by Wildcat84A » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:57 am

So am I to surmise that either those of having the problem have to learn to use the editor or this is as far as we're ever going to play with one team?

nxr
Junior League
Favourite Team: Malmö Redhawks

Post by nxr » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:59 am

Wildcat84A wrote:So am I to surmise that either those of having the problem have to learn to use the editor or this is as far as we're ever going to play with one team?
Download and open EHM Editor http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/editor

1. Click on Open Saved Game and load up your save
2. Click on competition
3. Click on Rules & Structures
4. Click on Import Data and pick the downloaded "Swedish HockeyEttan 2017.ehm" from my previous post
5. Make sure "Use and overwrite" is selected
6. Click on Import
7. Click on File
8. Click on Save as
9. Click on "Save as a saved game (EHM 1)" and rename it something that differ from the original file in case you messed something up.

I've uploaded screenshots that will help you navigate through the editor if you are unfamiliar with it. https://imgur.com/a/66nLD

Return to “Technical Support”