Error: failed to setup next stage: 0 (Allsvenskan)

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Re: Error: failed to setup next stage: 0 (Allsvenskan)

Post by archibalduk » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:02 am

nxr wrote:
Wildcat84A wrote:So am I to surmise that either those of having the problem have to learn to use the editor or this is as far as we're ever going to play with one team?
Download and open EHM Editor http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/editor

1. Click on Open Saved Game and load up your save
2. Click on competition
3. Click on Rules & Structures
4. Click on Import Data and pick the downloaded "Swedish HockeyEttan 2017.ehm" from my previous post
5. Make sure "Use and overwrite" is selected
6. Click on Import
7. Click on File
8. Click on Save as
9. Click on "Save as a saved game (EHM 1)" and rename it something that differ from the original file in case you messed something up.

I've uploaded screenshots that will help you navigate through the editor if you are unfamiliar with it. https://imgur.com/a/66nLD
Nice one NXR! :thup:

There should be a further release of the TBL Rosters 2017/18 which will include fixed Swedish leagues. I know Manimal has actually updated the Allsvenskan with the 2017/18 schedule (but it is has introduced a similar issue with the SHL) - so we will include either the updated schedules or NXR's fix.

xECK29x
Fourth Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:03 pm

Delete, see below
Last edited by xECK29x on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:12 pm

Yes that's fine. It just means that the file you are importing does not contain a schedule template. I have been meaning to make this a little more user friendly for a while - I'll sort this for the next version of the Editor.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:26 pm

This import actually results in the renaming of Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan to [None] for me

How I did the import:

Results:

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:00 pm

It's because you are trying to overwrite the Allsvenskan with the HockeyEttan. Take a look at the "Selected Item" text in your first screenshot - you're importing the HockeyEttan. In the right-hand section of the screen you have selected to overwrite the Allsvenskan.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:32 pm

That is what I thought, but isn't this problem for Allsvenskan? I don't have HockeyEttan in my DB so....might not be an issue? Though it's based off of TBL 10 so I figured it would be included?

nxr
Junior League
Favourite Team: Malmö Redhawks

Post by nxr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:05 am

xECK29x wrote:That is what I thought, but isn't this problem for Allsvenskan? I don't have HockeyEttan in my DB so....might not be an issue? Though it's based off of TBL 10 so I figured it would be included?
You do have HockeyEttan but it's called Swedish First Division for you. Try renaming that competition to Swedish HockeyEttan then try to import.

Wildcat84A
Junior League
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by Wildcat84A » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:50 am

Thanks NXR that is awesome, unfortunately now the editor won't launch due to some missing file, it says. I'll probably just have to go back to blocking out one of these Saturdays to wrap my head around all of this stuff.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:32 am

nxr wrote:
xECK29x wrote:That is what I thought, but isn't this problem for Allsvenskan? I don't have HockeyEttan in my DB so....might not be an issue? Though it's based off of TBL 10 so I figured it would be included?
You do have HockeyEttan but it's called Swedish First Division for you. Try renaming that competition to Swedish HockeyEttan then try to import.
Excellent, thank you!

Wildcat84A
Junior League

Post by Wildcat84A » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:06 pm

Luckily some late winter weather afforded me some time today. I've got the editor running and performed the steps to solve this issue in full, and I'm still getting the same error message. Any other ideas?

nxr
Junior League

Post by nxr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Wildcat84A wrote:Luckily some late winter weather afforded me some time today. I've got the editor running and performed the steps to solve this issue in full, and I'm still getting the same error message. Any other ideas?
What date are you on in your save? This fix won't work if you have a save that has passed the season update on July 1 2025 since the corrupted schedule has already been drawn.

deeferg
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by deeferg » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:38 pm

nxr wrote:
Wildcat84A wrote:Luckily some late winter weather afforded me some time today. I've got the editor running and performed the steps to solve this issue in full, and I'm still getting the same error message. Any other ideas?
What date are you on in your save? This fix won't work if you have a save that has passed the season update on July 1 2025 since the corrupted schedule has already been drawn.
I'm right on the day before the error. No other saves back to before the 1st. Any way to save it or is it all down the drain for this go round? Such a bummer, really wanted to ride out a whole career with a Toilvanen

nxr
Junior League

Post by nxr » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:18 am

deeferg wrote:I'm right on the day before the error. No other saves back to before the 1st. Any way to save it or is it all down the drain for this go round? Such a bummer, really wanted to ride out a whole career with a Toilvanen
You could try deleting Swedish HockeyEttan from Rules & Structures in the editor.

Wildcat84A
Junior League

Post by Wildcat84A » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:40 am

I'm past that date, but I do have other saves, so I can likely salvage the season. Thanks!

deeferg
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by deeferg » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:17 pm

nxr wrote:
deeferg wrote:I'm right on the day before the error. No other saves back to before the 1st. Any way to save it or is it all down the drain for this go round? Such a bummer, really wanted to ride out a whole career with a Toilvanen
You could try deleting Swedish HockeyEttan from Rules & Structures in the editor.
You're a freakin god :notworthy: . Yupp, to all wondering, if you're past all saves before July 1st of 2026, deleting HockeyEttan will get you to February 24th

I will repeat that, for many of you getting to this second page will finally feel relief. Deleting HockeyEttan worked like a charm. Rejoice and continue!

Whiskerz
Junior League
Favourite Team: SJ Sharks

Post by Whiskerz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:34 pm

deeferg wrote:
nxr wrote:
You're a freakin god :notworthy: . Yupp, to all wondering, if you're past all saves before July 1st of 2026, deleting HockeyEttan will get you to February 24th

I will repeat that, for many of you getting to this second page will finally feel relief. Deleting HockeyEttan worked like a charm. Rejoice and continue!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Whiskerz
Junior League
Favourite Team: SJ Sharks

Post by Whiskerz » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:14 pm

so this did fix it....

I finished the season out of the playoffs as Sharks GM and got fired ](*,) =P~ (I three-peated the Stanley in 19/20/21 and had made the playoffs every year before 2026)

Spent most of a season at Oshawa Generals in OHL and then got the Toronto Marlies GM job.... Gonna keep going and see if I can work my way back into the NHL....

Smirnov2Chistov
Junior League
Favourite Team: Anaheim Ducks

Post by Smirnov2Chistov » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:20 am

I’m glad I found an answer to this Allsvenskan league issue. Will this bug be fixed on the big three databases for future seasons to come? (TBL/BKarch/ECK29)

I mentioned on HFBoards that my current save is in the 2030s (w/ ‘default’ 2015/2016 out of the box rosters) and I think I ran into this issue a long while back but somehow got through it. I just remember the game kept crashing at a certain date and not being playable at a certain point in the year. The game is normal now with no crashing bugs in sight. Not sure what I did to push through the date issue.

TurboJ
Prospect
Favourite Team: TPS

Post by TurboJ » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:59 pm

Deleting Hockeyettan did not help at all for me. But, why would it help anyway if the problem is with Allsvenskan and not Hockeyettan?

And by the way, does it help avoid this bug in the future if I simply disable the Swedish lower leagues from the in-game menu when starting a new game?

Edit. Deleting Allsvenskan doesn't help either. GG I guess. Only spent 210 hours on this savegame...

nxr
Junior League

Post by nxr » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:25 pm

TurboJ wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:59 pm
Deleting Hockeyettan did not help at all for me. But, why would it help anyway if the problem is with Allsvenskan and not Hockeyettan?

And by the way, does it help avoid this bug in the future if I simply disable the Swedish lower leagues from the in-game menu when starting a new game?

Edit. Deleting Allsvenskan doesn't help either. GG I guess. Only spent 210 hours on this savegame...
It's related because when HockeyAllsvenskan's relegation stage begins it needs to draw teams from HockeyEttan and if HockeyEttan hasn't finished up before this stage the error will occur

Yes. This should be avoidable by not selecting HockeyEttan when staring a new game, if the scheduling error hasn't been corrected in that db.

TurboJ
Prospect

Post by TurboJ » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:41 pm

nxr wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:25 pm
TurboJ wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:59 pm

It's related because when HockeyAllsvenskan's relegation stage begins it needs to draw teams from HockeyEttan and if HockeyEttan hasn't finished up before this stage the error will occur

Yes. This should be avoidable by not selecting HockeyEttan when staring a new game, if the scheduling error hasn't been corrected in that db.
Thanks! That is conforting. I just started a new game and was somewhat worried this problem would reappear. But now I've started such that all Swedish leagues are disabled completely from the game start setup so I guess that means I should be safe now. Thanks again, nice to have a reply from someone who knows about these things!

TurboJ
Prospect

Post by TurboJ » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:43 pm

I can confirm that by starting a new game I was able to progress past the 2026 Olympics once I had disabled all the Swedish leagues from the game startup options. Everything working fine, at least for now.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:55 am

I think I found a fix if u have a saved game after the date above. If you delete the relegation league from allsvenskan in the editor that seems to work. Remember to add it back in before the July update at the end of season.
Edit.... you also need to delete the relegation stage from SHL too

Return to “Technical Support”