Can't start EHM 2004 on PC Windows10

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
CM92
Junior League
Favourite Team: MinnesotaWild

Can't start EHM 2004 on PC Windows10

Post by CM92 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:29 pm

I have installed EHM 2004 successfully on my computer (Windows10) but I can't get the game to start. Nothing happens when I click on the game.

Does anyone know what can be wrong?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Re: Can't start EHM 2004 on PC Windows10

Post by archibalduk » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:02 pm

It is because the game is 14 years old and was released back when Windows XP was around. I have never been able to get EHM 2004 running on Windows 10, even with the various Compatibility settings (such as Windows 98 or XP). I think the only solution is to install Windows XP using a virtual machine (such as VM VirtualBox) and run that way.

CM92
Junior League
Favourite Team: MinnesotaWild

Re: Can't start EHM 2004 on PC Windows10

Post by CM92 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:04 pm

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

Return to “Technical Support”