EHM 2007 e-License & Order ID Issues

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
The_Blue_Line
I'm Just a Bot
Custom Rank: TBL Test Account

EHM 2007 e-License & Order ID Issues

Post by The_Blue_Line » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:56 pm

This is now the official thread to ask any questions regarding eLicense, order ID, serial number or general licence issues. Below are some useful links and frequently asked questions. A lot the below is quoted from eLicence's site and Battlefront's site.

Useful FAQ pages

Frequently Asked Questions

What is eLicense anyway?
The eLicense System is used by software and digital content publishers to combine e-commerce and license management with applications and content. Trial licensing, direct purchase, web store purchase, pre-arranged license delivery, download and/or physical shipment, and other functionalities may be included. Purchased licenses are acquired via an internet connection to the eLicense servers.

How many licenses do I get? How many computers can I have licensed?
You get two licenses which can be used at the same time on two different computers.

What is eLicense Control?
eLicense Control gives you a view of license information on your computer, and some choices for seeing details, moving licenses, etc. Depending on your system, there are several places of access to eLicense Control. On Windows 95, 98, ME, and XP, eLicense Control is in the Control Panel. In XP's new view of the Control Panel, it is seen under "Other Control Panel Options". In the Classic View it is shown similarly to Windows 98, etc. On Windows NT and 2000 eLicense Control is in Explorer, under "My Computer". A right-click on the program icon will also have an eLicense choice.

eLicense Control doesn't seem to load if you have Windows Vista or 7 (and sometimes XP). This is not a problem.

How can I unlicense my game?
If you want to uninstall the game then you should unlicense it. There may be other circumstances in which you may wish to unlicense.

You can unlicense by doing one of the following:

1.Go to the Windows Control Panel, then go the eLicense Control and right-click the program name or icon Click "Unlicense". Often the eLicense Control doesn't load if you have Windows XP or higher.

2. Create a shortcut to EHM and changed the target so it says:

Code: Select all

"C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007/ehm2007.exe" -unlicense
Note that the -unlicense bit should go after the speech mark and not before it.

How can I contact eLicense for support?
You should contact them via their online support form: http://www.elicense.com/support-form.aspx

Often they reply very quickly (within one or two business days) but sometimes it can take up to a week.

I have an Apple Mac.
Unfortunately it would appear that support for the Apple Mac has ceased. The game has not been compatible with the most recent versions of the Mac OS X operating system because Apple has dropped support for PowerPC apps. It might be worth trying to run the PC/Windows version of EHM on the Mac using Codeweaver's CrossOver Software. You can download trial versions of both EHM and CrossOver to see if you can get them to work. There is some more info here: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... 89#p122689

Error Codes

Here is a list of the most common error messages, their meanings, and what you should do.

Note that the messages are by number - error messages generally have a text message, often telling you what to do, but the number is the primary reference. Also note that when the number has a minus (-) sign, that is important: error 11 and error -11 mean different things. The minus sign is used for errors which have to do with communication between the eLicense software on your computer and the license servers.

If you are having a problem and you need to contact us please contact us at eLicense. Be sure to give us the exact message you see, including the number.

-3: Error on license servers.
Indicates a problem with the data returned from the license server. This may be remedied by correct proxy settings. Sometimes it can be caused by the presence of personal firewall software on the computer. Contact us using at eLicense at once! Please provide exact details on the steps leading up to the error occurring.

-4: Error in parsing data returned from license servers.
Indicates a problem with the data returned from the license server. This may be remedied by correct proxy settings. Sometimes it can be caused by the presence of personal firewall software on the computer. Contact us using at eLicense at once! Please provide exact details on the steps leading up to the error occurring.

-9 The connection to the license servers has timed out.
This means the eLicense software is unable to connect to the internet or to a proxy server from your computer. Check your network connections, and try different proxy settings if applicable.

-10: A connection to the license servers could not be established.
This means the eLicense software is not establishing a two-way conversation with the eLicense servers. Check your proxy settings and try different combinations of proxy configuration to connect.

-11: Windows sockets initialization failed.
This indicates a problem with your Windows sockets configuration. It is usually a system problem and not specific to eLicense. Getting your browser to work properly will usually provide a solution.

This error occurs when you have a personal firewall/proxy installed on your computer. You may need to disable the personal firewall/proxy software temporarily to get your license. The specific process to do this is listed above here

8: License installation failure.
This indicates an internal error on the license servers. Please contact technical support at eLicense.

11: There are no licenses currently available for this Order ID.
There are a restricted number of licenses available with product (usually two). This error means that all the available licenses are in use. You should unlicense the product on one of the systems it is installed on to "free up" a license.

23: "Sorry, could not get a license at this time..."
This error indicates a problem with the eLicense software on your computer. " ...get a license" does not refer to license acquisition from the eLicense servers, it refers to the eLicensed application being unable to retrieve license data on your computer. With older versions of eLicense, this error may occur on Windows XP when using the Fast Switch feature, and the logged-on user is not the owner of the program. This error will also occur when trying to run eLicensed software via Terminal Server or Remote Desktop.

501: License Key not found.
This is the error we're encountering most often. Usually it's due to a typo, i.e. when you enter the license key incorrectly. If possible it is always a good idea to copy & paste your license key to avoid typos. Another possibility is that you are entering a correct key, but for the wrong game. If you bought more than one game from us, make sure that the key you are entering is the proper one for the game you are trying to license. Lastly, in some extremely rare cases, you might run into this error when there was a problem in the automated registration of your key on the eLicense servers. In this case, if you get persistant 501 errors, please contact us at eLicense for support, include the license key you are trying to enter, and we'll doublecheck it.

96: License installation failure.
This error indicates that you generated a offline license request but did not use it, then you generated a new offline request and went to the website but pasted in the original request. In order to resolve this issue, create a new offline request and be sure that is the one you use when you go to the license website http://www.license.net

97: License installation failure.
This error shows that your off-line license is incorrect or incomplete. It can also appear when you're trying to install an "off-line license" using your "license REQUEST" file. In such a case, you have to first enter your request on the http://www.license.net website to generate your off-line license, and use THAT file (usually called license.txt) to install the license.

98: License installation failure.
Please make sure you have pasted all of the offline license data into the dialog. If you still receive this error, this indicates an internal error on the license servers. Please contact technical support at elicense@battlefront.com

999: Unknown error.
Try again, and if the problem persists, contact eLicense. Please provide exact details on the steps leading up to the error occurring.

12004: Request date is invalid. Check your system clock. Processing terminated.
This error indicates that your system clock on your computer is mis-set. Check your clock and make sure that the year, date and day are correct. Once you have fixed your clock setting, retry to submit your license key.

Troubleshooting

1. I get error "23 0" when I try to license.
Please try any or all of the following:
  • Change compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2
  • Disable the Windows Firewall
  • Right-click on the application and choose "Run as admin"

2. EHM doesn't load at all.
archibalduk wrote:The first thing to check is that the eLicense service is running on your computer:
1. Click on the Start Menu and right click on Computer (or alternatively right-click on My Computer from the desktop if you have XP/Vista). Click on Manage":

2. Click the small plus sign (+) next to "Services and Applications"

3. Click "Services"

4. In the right hand pane, browse the list of Services until you find "LicCtrl Service" and double click on it.

5. In the dialogue box that opens, check to see if the Service Status indicates that it is "Started". If it is not, click the "Start" button. If the status indicates "Started", click the "Stop" button and then the Start button to reset the service:

6. Click the OK button and then exit the" Manage" application.
Does this work?

Another potential cause of the problem is Window's DEP (Data Execution Prevention). I recall another user having very similar difficulty and he was able to fix it by adding Runservice.exe to the list of exceptions (steps 1 - 3 below). I have taken the instructions from Battlefront's eLicense FAQ page and have modified for EHM:
You may need to adjust your Data Execution Prevention settings in Windows (a built-in security feature of Windows, available since Windows XP Service Pack 2). These settings may be interfering with the functioning of the eLicense copy-protection/DRM software, which in turn causes nothing to happen when you attempt to launch the game.

For Windows XP:

1. Go to the Start Menu and open up the Control Panel.
2. Open up the "System" control panel.
3. Click on the "Advanced" tab.
4. Click on the "Performance" section's "Settings" button.
5. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" tab.

For Windows Vista & Windows 7:

1. Go to the Windows/Start Menu and open up the Control Panel.
2. Open up the "System" control panel.
3. Click on the text that says "Advanced system settings" in the menu column to the left.
4. Click on the "Performance" section's "Settings" button.
5. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" tab.

Once you have gotten to the "Data Execution Prevention" tab the following instructions are universal to Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7:

1. Verify that "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" is selected. If it is not, select that option and click "Apply" and then try and run the game.

Note: Even if you see that option checked already, go ahead and uncheck and then recheck it to ensure that its activated!

2. If the game still does not launch (or you still get the error message), then go back and select the other option "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select" and click the "Add" button to add exceptions to DEP. You will be presented with the 'Open' file dialog box where you will need to browse for the following files:

3. All games will need "Runservice.exe" added as an exception (which is the executable file for the 'LicCtrl Service'). This will be found in the 'C:\Windows' directory. If you do not find this file, then the game may not have been licensed yet or something else may have happened to the file. You will have to manually copy the missing files to the Windows directory (and you may need to launch the File Manager with the 'Run as administrator' selection in Windows Vista and Windows 7).

4. Here's a list of the file(s) that you may also need to add as DEP exceptions for each game. The directories provided here are the default installation directories. If you have installed into a custom directory you will need to locate that directory. The directories listed here will be for installations on 32-bit versions of Windows (the most common). For 64-bit versions of Windows change the "\Program Files" directory to "\Program Files (x86)":

ehm2007.exe - C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007

5. Once you have added the appropriate exception, click "Apply" and then reboot the computer and try to run the game again.

Vista & Windows 7 users: make sure that when you run the game that you have also either right-clicked and selected "Run as administrator" from the popup menu or that you have modified the Properties of the launching shortcut to "Run this program as an administrator"!

6. On some occasions these DEP settings may not "take" when initially applied. You may need to "Delete" the exceptions you have added and then re-add them. Once you have done that, reboot and try the game again once you've booted back up. If the game still doesn't launch try deleting the exceptions one more time and re-adding them again (and again, rebooting to have the settings take effect). If the game still refuses to launch there may be something else interfering with eLicense that is NOT DEP-related.

7. If making the DEP-related changes (and the required reboots) still does not allow the game to run, then you may have something else interfering with the game or eLicense. The most common culprits are anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware, firewall and other internet security programs (some are even browser add-ons). You may need to temporarily disable these programs or add exceptions to them for eLicense ('Runservice.exe') and the game (using the above listed executable files) to see if this makes any difference. On occasion even temporarily disabling these programs is not enough and they continue to interfere. The Windows Firewall and Microsoft Defender programs rarely have issues with our programs and eLicense, so they are usually not the culprit (so far).

Sample of what the DEP page should look like:

I also noticed these interesting posts from the eLicense thread:
CrockerNHL wrote:Apparently I have some problems playing EHM07... though did nothing unusual. :doh:
When I click on the EHM icon on my desktop to open up the game, a small window pops up saying:
"Sorry, could not get a license at this time. Please try running this program later.
0"
Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it? :dunno: I did as it suggested and
I tried to run it later...it didn't work. :-(
Searched community forums - it's a known problem, no solution : ](*,)

My system: Win XP, EHM upgraded to 3.0.4 ver. long ago.
Any sort of help would be much appreciated :help:
V4ND3RP00L wrote:I ran into this problem as well and if you email the eLicense place. They will send you the download link for a small patch to fix that problem from happening again.

They say it was something that should have been included in the actual game patch, but it wasn't fixed before the last patch was put out for download.

Anyway, I figured I would just let you know that ahead of time.
Original link: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... 850#p52850

I've also seen mention on the OOTP site that disabling your antivirus can resolve things: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/t ... start.html

Calv
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Goalie....Sieve....!
Favourite Team: Team GB

Post by Calv » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:14 pm

joehelmer wrote:On how many computers can I use the license code to EHM2007. Cause my brother wants it. And a friend of my wants to have it too.
you can only have 2 active licenses per payment

V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player
Custom Rank: JVanderPool

License?

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:15 pm

I read that you can actually unlicense the game on one computer in order to preserve it for putting the game on another?

Can you actually do this or no?

The reason I ask is because I had to buy NHL EHM 2007 again yesterday in order to put it on my other computer. But if I would've been able to just unlicense it on the computer I have no use for anymore, then it could have saved me time and money.

So, can you actually unlicense the product from your computer or no? I found the eLicense thing that they talk about, but when I would click on the icon, it would never take me anywhere or show me what had a license to it, such as NHL EHM 2007.

If anyone can help me out with this problem, I'd appreciate it, thanks!
8-)

holydogg
Checking Line

Post by holydogg » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:23 pm

When I reinstalled ehm 2007 on my Laptop I used the same license than the first time on my old faithful Athlon.

I'm my own, it's not pirating, I'm the only user anyways ;)

V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:32 pm

It's not the case that I want to just unlicense it and all of that, because I know when you order the game online and all of that... they give you 2 or 3 licenses to use.

But with my first order, I put it on 3 computers. When I tried to put it on the other yesterday, it told me that they had all been used up. So I kind of went looking around and saw that you could unlicense the game from your computer. Which would open up another license spot from the order ID that you have from the purchase.

So needless to say, I am just curious about that. Cause like I said, it could've saved me time and money. I'm not really that upset or mad about it, but it would've been nice to know.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:40 pm

You're allowed to license two computers with one purchase of EHM 2007. Are you using a PC (not Mac)? If so, go to the control panel in whatever version of Windows you're using. You'll see an item for eLicense Control. Go to that and click on the item for Sports Interactive. In the right panel you will see EHM. Right click on that and choose "unlicense". That should unlicense that computer that you're not using anymore.

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by B. Stinson » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:41 pm

Also, if you have a desktop shortcut of EHM, you can access a quick eLicense menu by right clicking the shortcut.

V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:13 pm

I've tried doing that, but it won't let me. Doesn't show it when you right click on the game icon and when I go to click on the eLicense thing, that doesn't work either.
:-?

V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:06 pm

Thought I would update you all on the situation and it seems that you just can unlicense NHL EHM 2007 on any computer that runs Media Center on it. Cause the other computers that run Windows XP Professional let me do the unlicense thing, but my Media Center computer won't.

Kind of weird, but whatever... just thought I would let you all know about that.
:joy:

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:12 pm

You might want to contact Marc Duffy on the SI boards. He might be able to help you out with getting it unlicensed or resolving the situation somehow.

V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:15 pm

I'll probably do that, but for now it isn't that big of a problem. I already bought the game again to put it on another computer, so it isn't nothing.
8-)

Blight
Junior League

The eLicence Help Thread

Post by Blight » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:36 am

ADMIN NOTE: This is the thread to ask any questions about eLicence. There are far too many threads started by users asking exactly the same questions. Any further threads on this topic will be closed. Let me make this clear: ASK ANY QUESTIONS RELATED TO ELICENCE IN THIS THREAD ONLY.

Some quick pointers:
  • You can find your elicence activation code by going to Control Panel -> eLicence Control -> Sports Interactive Ltd -> NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007. Right click on "NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007" and click on "Product Receipt".
  • If you have lost your elicence activation code, you can get it back by e-mailing eLicence: http://www.elicense.com/usersupport/supportreq.htm
  • You can install your licence on upto three computers at the same time.
  • You can move a licence from one computer to another by removing the licence from one computer and then installing it on the other. To uninstall the licence, go to Control Panel -> eLicence Control -> Sports Interactive Ltd -> NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007. Right click on "NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007" and click on "Unlicence".

Blight's original message:

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am having.. I has come to my attention that if I wanted to install it on a new computer using the same license key that I already have on 2 computers I would have to uninstall it on one of the previous computers.. Now the problem I have is that I seem to have lost my key and was wondering if I am able to view the key somewhere on my registry or in the directory or something of that nature..

Thanks for any help that can be offered,

Blight

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:56 am

Not to be cruel or anything. But how about doing a search on this site, to find one of the 5 or so threads about this...that I just found by clicking on the magnifying glass in the top right corner, and typing the word elicense into the "search for key words" tab. In about 3 of those 5 threads the answer is within the first three posts. Search and ye shall find. :-D

Then afterwards, take a quick peak at the rules. You are new, and considering the way the SI forums have page after page of the same topic over and over I understand why you did this. Others around here call me the grumpy old man, so maybe I am a bit of an a-hole. :-D (OH wait, the grumpy old man tag was self given...right)

Edit: And then affirmed by millions here. And then added to my tag as "Cranky Hockey Dad" by some evil moderator. It replaced #1 Don cherry fan, so I have no issue with it.

inSTAALed
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: Back From The Dead

Post by inSTAALed » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:05 am

Remove the e-license file under add/remove programs in the control panel.

It's classified info found in only 3 other threads on the forum.

Very hush hush. :thup:

Blight
Junior League

Post by Blight » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:09 am

Sorry guys. I actually looked for the search bar.. Even though I knew there had to be one I couldn't find it so I posted anyways.. its a tiny icon in the top right.. I know where it is now. thanks.

Blight

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:39 am

No sweat dude. And yeah, like InSTAALed said.

Blight
Junior League

Post by Blight » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:37 am

I found out how to find my receipt but when I try and enter my Control Panel -> eLicense Control it gives an error sound and wont expand to the right.... Help needed :-k ;)

Blight

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:52 am

Blight wrote:Sorry guys. I actually looked for the search bar.. Even though I knew there had to be one I couldn't find it so I posted anyways.
Regardless, even if you'd bothered to look just a few threads down you would have found a topic that was clearly on a similar topic to yours. All you needed to do was post in that topic:

This is going to be the last topic we have on this subject. Anyone with any further questions should post in here. Any further e-licence topics will be closed.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand:

So you double-clicked on the elicence icon on the Control Panel and it gave you the error? You should be able to double-click on that and then a Sports Interactive folder comes up - double click on that. Then right-click on the NHL EHM icon that is displayed within the Sports Interactive folder. Then click on "Product Receipt" from the menu that appears upon right-clicking.

Blight
Junior League

Post by Blight » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:46 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Blight wrote:Sorry guys. I actually looked for the search bar.. Even though I knew there had to be one I couldn't find it so I posted anyways.
Regardless, even if you'd bothered to look just a few threads down you would have found a topic that was clearly on a similar topic to yours. All you needed to do was post in that topic:

This is going to be the last topic we have on this subject. Anyone with any further questions should post in here. Any further e-licence topics will be closed.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand:

So you double-clicked on the elicence icon on the Control Panel and it gave you the error? You should be able to double-click on that and then a Sports Interactive folder comes up - double click on that. Then right-click on the NHL EHM icon that is displayed within the Sports Interactive folder. Then click on "Product Receipt" from the menu that appears upon right-clicking.

This still would not have helped me with my current situation... I am unable to expand eLicense Control in my Contorl Panel.. When I scroll my mouse over it, it gives me an error sound and wont expand. None of the other posts have covered this.

Blight
Junior League

Post by Blight » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:49 pm

Maybe a admin should pin this but.. go to this link and download the update for eLicense if you are having problems with accessing your eLicense Control in Control Panel

eLicense Control patch,

eLicense Patch

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:22 pm

The point is Blight...the question could have been asked in that thread. It is an elicense thread, after all. But now, this thread is the ELICENSE KING! Thanks Archi.
:-D
Now, as for the patch link...maybe instead of actually linking to the download, it should be changed to the link to elicense where the download is discussed, so that people would know what the heck they are getting into.

Blight
Junior League

Post by Blight » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:34 am

Well you see.. There is nothing wrong with patching it anyways.. It does not effect anything but fixes some stuff like how some people cant access their eLicense Control. I did not find the link.. I emailed a customer support person they gave me a direct link to the download and told me to patch eLicense and then it would work... I dont have the other link.

V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player

e-License & Order ID Issues (EHM 2007)

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Fri May 04, 2007 10:31 pm

If you unlicense the game on your computer and then erase your hard drive (which is what I'm doing) and then you put the game back on there and then enter the code and license it, I'll have no problems, right?

CrockerNHL
Drafted

Post by CrockerNHL » Sat May 05, 2007 12:58 am

Right. In such a case :-? , you'll better to wright it down on a piece of paper... :-D

V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Sat May 05, 2007 1:03 am

You can go ahead and delete this thread if you want to do so, because I figured it out for myself.

Thanks!
:thup:

Return to “Technical Support”