EHM 2007 e-License & Order ID Issues

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Re: e-License & Order ID Issues (EHM 2007)

Post by B. Stinson » Sun May 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Hmm... it should work - I just did it myself right now. But then again, I'm on Windows 7 rather than Vista.

Did you put the -unlicense flag in the right place: in the "Target" field of the shortcut? You should end up with something like this as the Target:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007\ehm2007.exe" -unlicense

Peter10
Junior League

Post by Peter10 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:17 pm

B. Stinson wrote:Hmm... it should work - I just did it myself right now. But then again, I'm on Windows 7 rather than Vista.

Did you put the -unlicense flag in the right place: in the "Target" field of the shortcut? You should end up with something like this as the Target:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007\ehm2007.exe" -unlicense
Yup

"G:\Programme\Sports Interactive\NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007\ehm2007.exe" -unlicense

Thats why i got. When I start it, it tells me i need admin rights and then when i start it as admin it seems to start for a 10th of a second but ends up doing nothing.

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team

Post by B. Stinson » Sun May 22, 2011 5:46 pm

I'm stumped on that one. Maybe someone else here will be able to help you out. If you don't want to wait around, you could try going directly to eLicense support.

Peter10
Junior League

Post by Peter10 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:55 pm

B. Stinson wrote:I'm stumped on that one. Maybe someone else here will be able to help you out. If you don't want to wait around, you could try going directly to eLicense support.
Already did that, but i am not sure how long it will take them to find a solution, so i thought someone here might be quicker.

Did some more research and found the following on the OOTP troubleshoot

http://support.ootpdevelopments.com/ind ... d=27&nav=0

What i found out is, that "LicCtrl Service" is on my system but not running. Error 1053 Application not responding (or something like that, just translated it). So how am I gonna fix that? All i found is an e-license uninstaller but not an installer. The uninstaller changes nothing. Used it and then re-installed the game again in hope to get a clean e-license but its still not there.

Peter10
Junior League

Post by Peter10 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Finally found a solution in the OOTP forum

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/o ... vista.html

User Dan Theman had a solution that helped me. The runservice.exe was the problem, doing the below worked for me:
Just to clarify for those having issues with DEP, which I understand is not the case with some of you:
DEP is a useful security measure, and I wouldn't suggest disabling it entirely. If you're encountering is a DEP issue with elicense (often indicated by a successful install that simply won't start up), then you want to set OOTP -and- elicense as exceptions. You'll notice there's no program called elicense.exe on your PC, so here's what you do:
right-click on "Computer" and select "Properties"
Select "Advanced system settings"
The tab should already be on Advanced, but if not then select that.
Under "Performance", click on <Settings>
On the next screen, select the "Data Execution Prevention" tab.
Choose "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select."
Down at the bottom, select <Add...>
Navigate to your OOTP folder and pick that .exe file
Back under your DEP tab, select <Add...> again
Navigate to your C: drive and your Windows folder. In there, you'll find a program called runservice.exe - that's the one for elicense, so pick that.
Click <Apply> and then <OK> down at the bottom, and restart your PC.
Following those instructions will stop DEP ever bothering your OOTP game ever again. I hope that helps a bit for someone out there.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Mon May 23, 2011 3:53 pm

So, from what I gather, the Data Execution Prevention in Vista was preventing the elicense software from running?

Peter10
Junior League

Post by Peter10 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:54 pm

archibalduk wrote:So, from what I gather, the Data Execution Prevention in Vista was preventing the elicense software from running?
Exactly. Turning off the DEP for that runservice.exe is what made it work.

Asbeen
Drafted

Post by Asbeen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:33 pm

I was trying to run elicense control from the control panel but it didn't work.
You don't need to run it, just add -unlicense to your EHM2007 shortcut and it will work.
C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007\ehm2007.exe" -unlicense

Running Windows vista

dougie_clark
Junior League

Post by dougie_clark » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:14 am

I need someone to hook me up with another license. My laptop went in for repair, got formatted, never had a chance to remove elicense. I had to ask before and gave someone my ordering info and it was good but I can't remember who or where that was. Any Help?
Thanks Guys

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:03 pm

dougie_clark wrote:I need someone to hook me up with another license. My laptop went in for repair, got formatted, never had a chance to remove elicense. I had to ask before and gave someone my ordering info and it was good but I can't remember who or where that was. Any Help?
Thanks Guys
Hi Dougie

Do you not have the original email from when you first purchased the game?

It's illegal for any of us to give you one of our licenses. The licenses are personal and not transferable. I suggest you contact eLicense and explain the situation. If you give eLicense the email address you used when you first purchased the game then they may well be able to help you. Here's the online contact form: http://www.elicense.com/support-form.aspx

I've got to say that eLicense are brilliant in helping out. I know others have said similar things, but I hadn't needed to contact them before this weekend. I lost all three of my licenses a week ago - I lost the first one after a corrupt hard drive a number of months ago and then I lost two when my laptop broke a week ago (I had one license installed on Windows and one in Linux Ubuntu). I sent an email to eLicense last Saturday and they replied at 5pm today having reset my licenses. That's extremely good service. Considering that they replied 12pm local time (they're based in Florida - 5 hours behind the UK) then that means it took them three hours from receiving my email (assuming they received it at 9am Monday morning). So now my EHM is back up and running again. =D>

dougie_clark
Junior League

Post by dougie_clark » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks bud. I wasn't suggesting someone give me their license, I remember that you can only use the elicense twice and if you don't remove it before re-installing or moving to another pc then they have to give you another "credit"" or what ever you wanna call it on your license. I don't have the original email but last time this happen all I needed was my credit card info that I used to purchase the game.
Thanks again for your help

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:27 pm

dougie_clark wrote:Thanks bud. I wasn't suggesting someone give me their license,
Sorry about that - I misunderstood! That aside, I'm glad I could be of help. :thup:

HjRock
Learning to skate

Re: EHM 2007 No Longer On Sale

Post by HjRock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:05 pm

I have been playing EHM 2005 for a long time now...I bought the license for EHM 2007 but it doesnt work now...does anybody have a license key they can share? Im a Mac user.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Re: EHM 2007 e-License & Order ID Issues

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Sorry, we can't share licenses with others. As far as I'm aware, it is unlawful to share licenses. The license is for your own personal use on up to three machines - it doesn't mean three different people may have the license. We therefore will not support or allow the sharing of license/serial numbers on TBL.

Did you originally purchase the PC or Mac version of 2007?

HjRock
Learning to skate

Post by HjRock » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:25 am

I had bought it to play on my PC...I bought it directly off the PURCHASE button that was available on the demo.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:21 pm

It is no longer possible to purchase the Mac version. The best I can suggest is trying a trial version of Crossover Mac - this allows you to run Windows software on a Mac. I managed to run the Windows version of EHM on the Linux version of CrossOver.

Some more info/discussion here: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... 75#p125313

pinheirobcp
Top Prospect

Post by pinheirobcp » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:34 pm

How does the eLicense support work?

I have a working EHM 2007 and a license (two, actually). But I've had issues before with losing my HD and having to buy another license (since I didn't deactivate the previous license).

I have the license number, and screenshots from the purchase site. How can I proceed if I need to get ehm again?

I also have the downloaded ehm file and patches.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:05 pm

pinheirobcp wrote:How does the eLicense support work?

I have a working EHM 2007 and a license (two, actually). But I've had issues before with losing my HD and having to buy another license (since I didn't deactivate the previous license).

I have the license number, and screenshots from the purchase site. How can I proceed if I need to get ehm again?

I also have the downloaded ehm file and patches.
eLicense continue to offer support to those who have purchased licenses for EHM (I think they offer lifetime support). Simply contact them via their support form if you encounter any difficulties: http://www.elicense.com/support-form.aspx

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team

Post by B. Stinson » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:11 pm

I've never had to use support, but I think as long as you have your Order ID (probably VT-xxxxx...), you should be able to contact them to recover lost licenses. We've seen very positive feedback here at TBL regarding eLicense support and getting licenses back.

pinheirobcp
Top Prospect

Post by pinheirobcp » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:38 pm

B. Stinson wrote:I've never had to use support, but I think as long as you have your Order ID (probably VT-xxxxx...), you should be able to contact them to recover lost licenses. We've seen very positive feedback here at TBL regarding eLicense support and getting licenses back.
So, you just need the Order ID Number? And they give a new one? Maybe you need something somethig to indentify yourself as the buyer?

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team

Post by B. Stinson » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:09 am

You'll probably need more proof than just the Order ID, but I'm not sure what exactly that would be. The Order ID is the only thing I can think of that they'll most likely want to verify... perhaps the original confirmation email, or maybe billing address and/or credit card number.

Either way, I've only heard good things about eLicense recovering lost EHM licenses, so you should be in good shape as long as you can prove you bought the game.

pinheirobcp
Top Prospect

Post by pinheirobcp » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:47 am

Well, that's great, I'll make sure I keep everything extra safe.

Many thanks!

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:27 pm

If I recall all you need is your name and email address. I can't remember having any other proof of the sale when I last contacted support. Your name, your problem, your email, that's it.

Leeman14
Top Prospect
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Leeman14 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:43 pm

pinheirobcp wrote:
B. Stinson wrote:I've never had to use support, but I think as long as you have your Order ID (probably VT-xxxxx...), you should be able to contact them to recover lost licenses. We've seen very positive feedback here at TBL regarding eLicense support and getting licenses back.
So, you just need the Order ID Number? And they give a new one? Maybe you need something somethig to indentify yourself as the buyer?
I can confirm that the Order ID Number is required. Over the past 4-5 years, I've gone through about 6 computers (home and err, work) where I've had to completely reformat due to several issues and each time I've forgotten to unlicense EHM 2007, I've had to send an email to eLicense with that information. The response is quick (often 4-10 hours in my experience) and they have no problem resetting the licenses so long as you have the pertinent info. :thup:

Cheers,

Leeman14

TimmyT
Junior League

Post by TimmyT » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:51 pm

How do you remove a license? I tried deleting the elicen40.dll, but that was a part of the game. Probably is simple yet I cannot figure it out 8-[.

Return to “Technical Support”