EHM 2007 e-License & Order ID Issues

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Re: EHM 2007 e-License & Order ID Issues

Post by B. Stinson » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 am

TimmyT wrote:How do you remove a license? I tried deleting the elicen40.dll, but that was a part of the game. Probably is simple yet I cannot figure it out 8-[.
To unlicense your game, you'll need to have a shortcut of it somewhere, like on your desktop.

Right-click this shortcut and go to Properties. In the Properties window, you'll have a text field called Target, which will contain the path to the ehm2007.exe. At the very end of this path, outside the quotation marks, add -unlicense.

The result should look something like this:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007\ehm2007.exe" -unlicense
Click Apply then Ok, and then double-click the shortcut. An eLicense window should pop up, where you can unlicense the game.

TimmyT
Junior League

Post by TimmyT » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:10 am

Ok, I was way off haha. Thanks a ton B. Stinson!

MARCiacs
Junior League

Post by MARCiacs » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Leeman14 wrote:
pinheirobcp wrote:
B. Stinson wrote:I've never had to use support, but I think as long as you have your Order ID (probably VT-xxxxx...), you should be able to contact them to recover lost licenses. We've seen very positive feedback here at TBL regarding eLicense support and getting licenses back.
So, you just need the Order ID Number? And they give a new one? Maybe you need something somethig to indentify yourself as the buyer?
I can confirm that the Order ID Number is required. Over the past 4-5 years, I've gone through about 6 computers (home and err, work) where I've had to completely reformat due to several issues and each time I've forgotten to unlicense EHM 2007, I've had to send an email to eLicense with that information. The response is quick (often 4-10 hours in my experience) and they have no problem resetting the licenses so long as you have the pertinent info. :thup:

Cheers,

Leeman14
I have the same problem right now, I've send them an e-mail with my Order ID and the only response I received was :

"Thank you for your e-mail. A new ticker has been created.
Please use this ticket number [TN#: ...] in the subject for all your replies."

Do I have to re-send them my Order ID with this Ticket Number in the title of the e-mail, or I should receive another e-mail from them in a couple of days...?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:57 pm

No, you just wait for them now.

They're just saying that if you need to contact them again then make sure you quote the ticket number.

Wild94
Top Prospect

Post by Wild94 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:56 am

I can't open my elicense control. i have windows 7 64 bit

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by B. Stinson » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:59 am

Wild94 wrote:I can't open my elicense control. i have windows 7 64 bit
That's a common problem. Not sure why they still haven't fixed it (it's been around for years), but luckily you don't really need it. If you need to unlicense a game, right-click on the desktop shortcut for your game, go to Properties, and then add -unlicense to the end of the string in the Target field.

You should end up with the following:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007\ehm2007.exe" -unlicense

Wild94
Top Prospect

Post by Wild94 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:48 am

I tried the above, and i even typed it in but it keeps telling me that it isnt valid, i could try to unliscense the game that i don't use, but i don't know if i still have it on my naff cpu. The shortcut stopped working once i tried to edit the game, i geuss its cause i tried opening it with out administartive privaligies.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:08 pm

You'd probably need to unlicense it using the Run as Admin option.

Rabbiz
Junior League

Post by Rabbiz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi!

My hard-drive crashed and as a result I lost my EHM 2007 install file thingy. I'm wondering where I can get another one.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Rabbiz wrote:Hi!

My hard-drive crashed and as a result I lost my EHM 2007 install file thingy. I'm wondering where I can get another one.
Welcome to The Blue Line!

You will need to download the Try'n'Buy demo. The demo has an activation button where you enter your serial code to turn it into the full version. Here are some download links you could try:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/nhle ... /9252.html
http://download.cnet.com/NHL-Eastside-H ... 88136.html

Rabbiz
Junior League

Post by Rabbiz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:07 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Welcome to The Blue Line!

You will need to download the Try'n'Buy demo. The demo has an activation button where you enter your serial code to turn it into the full version. Here are some download links you could try:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/nhle ... /9252.html
http://download.cnet.com/NHL-Eastside-H ... 88136.html
Thank you.

I'll try the first link. The second one contains a trojan, AVG says so.

Edit: The second one contains a threat aswell. The name of file is lcmmfu.cpl. Even after i've removed it it's still hinders me from playing the game. Any Ideas?

Edit2: Never mind. If you the AVG Anti-Virus' Resident Shield enabled it will consider the C:\Windows\lcmmfu.cpl file to be a trojan threat. I found the solution.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:06 pm

I have added an FAQ and some troubleshooting guides to the first post of this thread: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... 355#p25355

tfong
Junior League

Post by tfong » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Elicense website seems to no longer work. I get to an unformatted front page and I can't goto support or anything.

Does anyone have an email I can contact? I'm looking to delicense my copy to move it to a new computer but its giving me an error code 999 when trying to unlicense it.

God I hate this elicense thing so much, I knew it would comeback to bite me.

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:35 pm

The page works just fine. Must've been a temporary glitch.

WallyWallcakes
Prospect
Favourite Team: Edmonton Oilers

Post by WallyWallcakes » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Anyone ever get this message when attempting to un-license?

Unlicense pending failed with error code 31.

The system identifier used to generate the license for this system cannot be retreived.

The license cannot be unlicensed.

I'm stumped.

Tschark
Junior League

Post by Tschark » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:44 pm

How long does it normally take the elicense-support tp reply?
I wrote them a mail on tuesday and have't heard anything back yet... :/

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:02 pm

I have heard anywhere from 5 minutes, to 10 days. Give it some time.

Tschark
Junior League

Post by Tschark » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Okay, thanks!
There nothing I can do but wait anyway ;)

gambia_boy
Prospect

License expired

Post by gambia_boy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi!

Always when I start game,it says that license is expired but still opens the game though.I have real version and it doesnt matter really that is says so, but sometimes it just annoys me because it just waste of time to press OK :D but anyway does someone know why this is happening?Is there a way to fix it?

Tschark
Junior League

Post by Tschark » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:26 pm

Hm, it's been more than three weeks and still nobody wrote me back. :/
Has anyone else heard from the support during the last month? Or have they just stopped the support at all?

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Try the support form. If it is suitable for the type of support you need.

Seraquel
Junior League

Post by Seraquel » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:03 pm

I finally heard back from them yesterday after waiting since early February, I rebuilt my pc from scratch taking only the HD From the old one, and forgot to unregister before I dismantled the old machine. They finally reset my machine count yesterday so I can play again.

tbrown85
Junior League

Post by tbrown85 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 am

Hey All,

I finally registered for the forum after reading it for about 2 years, lol...

Anyway, I just wanted to check with you guys and make sure i'm ok and that i've understood everything correctly regarding my eliscense and so on, after reading about the game having been withdrawn from sale (at least for a period of time, think it was about a year ago).

So here's my situation: I currently have a working install of the full EHM 2007 game on my laptop, and when I bought the game back in 2010 I took a screenshot of the page on the SI website which shows the order ID code (the thing starting 'VT-') and saved it. I also still have the purchase confirmation e-mail that SI sent me, and the e-mail address I used is still active.

If I ever need to re-install the game from scratch, from what i've read I believe all I need is that order ID code, and to download a copy of the trial demo (and i've found a couple of links to that earlier in this very thread). When i go to purchase the game while running the demo, I then get asked for my order ID code, input that into the popup box and that's it sorted! Am I right?

Just want a bit of peace of mind here really... don't wanna lose out on EHM!

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 am

Welcome to TBL! It's interesting to hear that you've been following the site for 2 years before joining - I wonder how many other long time unregistered users we have...

You are absolutely correct with regards to your license. You just install the demo and it will prompt you for your order code which will in turn unlock the demo. Just keep in mind that you must unlicense the game before you uninstall it because otherwise you'll lose one of your licenses (iirc you will have either 2 or 3 licenses). If you ever lose your licenses, you can always have them reset free of charge by eLicense.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:34 am

P.s. Here's how to unlicense the game: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... 83#p131267

Return to “Technical Support”