EHM 2007 e-License & Order ID Issues

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Aahlstroem
TBL Rosters Researcher
Favourite Team: Frölunda HC

Re: EHM 2007 e-License & Order ID Issues

Post by Aahlstroem » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:47 am

I got some problems with my computer and had to reset it, in the process I lost EHM and my license. I contacted e-License and got a new one but it does not work. Should I just wait or maybe reinstall the game? :help:

Edit: Nevermind, I misread. I haven't got a real ansver yet, I think.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Uninstall the game, reinstall and try the new license key again - that'd be advice anyway.

Failing that, drop them an email. They always seem pretty helpful (and more often than not, very prompt). It might well be that they forgot to activate the license or something at their end.

Aahlstroem
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by Aahlstroem » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:23 pm

So you usually get a whole new license? Then I belivie that my issue hasn't come that far yet, this is their reply to my first mail:
Thank you for your e-mail. A new ticket has been created.
Please use this ticket number [TN#: XXXXXX] in the subject for all your replies.
So I guess I should just wait a little longer to get another mail?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 pm

They normally reset your original license. However when you said "I got a new one", I'd assumed they'd given you a new license number.

Aahlstroem
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by Aahlstroem » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 pm

archibalduk wrote:They normally reset your original license. However when you said "I got a new one", I'd assumed they'd given you a new license number.
Yeah, well, that's what I misread :oops:
I'm just going to wait until after the weekend and see what happends :)

ollybecks
Junior League

Post by ollybecks » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:04 am

Hi im wondering if you can help me Archibald or anybody, i currently have Windows 7 64 bit and i recently installed a SSD drive so i want to put EHM on it, however when i go to the E-License icon in the control panel i get the following error when i click on it:

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Deafault Programs control panel.

So yes i would like to unlicense the game which the info is on this thread, however before i unlicense it i would like to find out my Order ID so i can put it straight on my new SSD drive without having to email E-License and wait like 2 months to be answered lol.

So is there any workaround as to how i can open my E-License in control panel or find out my order id?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:34 am

I don't think there is anyway of recovering your order ID without the eLicense Control Panel (which was apparently designed for Windows 98 and 2000...). I've tried looking through the Windows registry on my computer, but couldn't find anything which matched my license key. Annoyingly, eLicense Control Panel doesn't work with anything newer than Windows XP (although apparently some people have managed to get it to run on Windows Vista 32-bit). The only way of recovering your Order ID is to contact eLicense via their support form using your original email address. If you no longer have your original email address, try providing them with as much info as possible (i.e. what your old email address was, how you paid, etc).

ELicense are generally fairly quick at replying. Most people get a response within 2 working days - although it has been known to take longer on occasion.

Let us know how you get along. If they do send you a new license key / Order ID, I'd highly recommend keeping a note it (I have a note on my computer and in my emails).

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by B. Stinson » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Actually, I think even on XP their control panel was broken. Apart from one occasion long ago, I've never seen that thing work :thdn:

gamblor
Prospect

Post by gamblor » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:38 am

Hey guys,

I just bought a new computer with windows 7 pro installed. I did a very stupid thing by un-installing the game in my old computer thinking that I also unlicensed my ID#. I received this error message code = 11 saying all my ID's are already in use and there is no way to reverse it. I read this post and I know what I did wrong so I went to elicense filled out the support form saying the same thing I just said here so do I just sit and wait for them to reply? Will they hopefully reset my ID# so I can get this game back that I bought many years ago? I hope they reply soon because I can't live with out this game. :cry:

PS... I thank you all here for taking the time to keep this game alive by putting all that hard work into updating it. Bravo =D>

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:44 am

Do you still have your old PC? If so, you could try reinstalling EHM on there. Then create a shortcut to EHM -> right-click -> Properties -> change the Target to:

Code: Select all

"C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007/ehm2007.exe" -unlicense
Try running that shortcut to unlicense the game. I don't know if it'll work seeing as you've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but it might be worth a shot if you still have your old PC.

In any event, eLicense are still very good about EHM. Most users receive a reply within the following business day or, at most, within a week or two.

gamblor
Prospect

Post by gamblor » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:04 am

yeah I read this thread and realized I was supposed to un-license it that way but its to late my drive got formatted already before I could get it back and my second one was on my wife's laptop that crashed long time ago so I lost them both ](*,) Just have to wait for a reply I guess. I also have another game that is supported by elicense and that's doing the same thing too. Weird it must only allow one license per game instead of two like EHM07 offers so now I have to wait for both of them :**

kabbott50
Drafted

Post by kabbott50 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:36 pm

I did this with them before, but I emailed them last week and still haven't heard back again. Stupid cats ruined my stupid computer and I lost one of my licenses.

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:52 pm

kabbott50 wrote:I did this with them before, but I emailed them last week and still haven't heard back again. Stupid cats ruined my stupid computer and I lost one of my licenses.
Did you send an email or fill out the support form? --> http://www.elicense.com/support-form.aspx

I've always received a reply and gotten my license back with the support form. But then again, it's been awhile since I've last needed to...

gamblor
Prospect

Post by gamblor » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:11 am

well I finally got my reply back in 4 days and they fixed my ID#. sometimes it may be sooner or later. Oh one other thing make sure you fill out the support from correctly and make sure you have your receipt with you. I screwed up the first time I did the form and then sent in another one because I missed a few important questions that would help them get back to you faster. It worked for me. Thanks e-license =D>

Guinness79
Learning to skate

Post by Guinness79 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:05 am

Hey guys,

I was one of the lucky few to be a researcher for EHM. I recently got wanting to play this again...And realized I have no idea what my code would be...And because I didn't actually purchase it, and was provided my code as "payment" for working on the game...In anyone's experience, is eLicense going to be able to provide me with my previous license? Or am I doomed to not play the game at all?

Sadly, the game was installed about three machines ago, and I have no clue where that computer has ended up after all these years, so re-installing over a previous version isn't possible. :(

Any solutions at all? I'm waiting to hear back from eLicense, though I fear that they won't have the news I'm looking for.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:13 am

Welcome to The Blue Line! :)

I'm in a similar position in that I was given a code by SI for being a beta tester. I can't remember for sure how it all worked (I guess we got the codes about 7 years ago! Did Graeme just list all of the codes for each researcher in a thread?), but somehow my licence code is linked to my email address and so I was able to reset my licences. A couple of years back my hard drive crashed and I lost both licences (I had the game installed in both Windows and Linux on the same drive). I sent eLicence an email and they reset them. Maybe my situation was a bit different because I think I sent them my licence code, but I can't remember for sure.

Maybe you could try dropping Riz an email. He might still have access to the old forum where the licences were posted.

Guinness79
Learning to skate

Post by Guinness79 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:45 am

Thanks for the welcome!

I think we all got e-mails from Graeme with the information separately, and that email is sadly long gone, after I'd moved and could no longer use that Internet provider. I can't imagine those emails are still on the SI servers.

I'll wait to see if I hear from eLicense and then go from there, I suppose. Then if nothing, I'll try Riz.

MKoivuFan
Checking Line
Custom Rank: MKoivuSports

Post by MKoivuFan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:09 pm

anyone know if elicense has a forum because im having trouble removing my elicense from my old computer to put on my new one? Ive already send in a support forum but not sure how long it takes for them to reply back..

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:35 pm

No forum that I'm aware of. They're good with their support tickets though - if you use the Contact Us form on their website.

Have you tried using the -unlicense command via a shortcut? If not, click on this link and scroll down to the section entitled "How can I unlicense my game?": http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... 705#p25355

MKoivuFan
Checking Line

Post by MKoivuFan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:44 pm

It's been almost 2 weeks since i have filled out the support forum and havnt heard anything back from them is this normal?

MKoivuFan
Checking Line

Post by MKoivuFan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:48 pm

thanks archi

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: TIMMAH TEEEEE!!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by timmy_t » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:17 am

Hi guys- I'm in a similar situation as MKoivuFan with contacting elicense. I filled out the main page with my license/game info so I can get my old/dead computers unlicensed and haven't heard back in a little over a week. I was curious to what I missed between MKoivuFan's two messages. (where he says its been almost two weeks and then thanks to Archi)

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:49 pm

timmy_t wrote:I was curious to what I missed between MKoivuFan's two messages. (where he says its been almost two weeks and then thanks to Archi)
I'm curious too! I don't think anything was said.

Let me know how your eLicense contact goes. Normally they're very quick... I hate being at their mercy like this. :\

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: TIMMAH TEEEEE!!!!

Post by timmy_t » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:46 pm

I will Archi. As soon as I hear from them I'll let you know. :)

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!

Post by philou21 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:39 pm

For the first time in like two years I felt I was ready to go back to EHM. Problem was I changed my computer AND my e-mail in that time and lost every information I got. I was even wondering if e-license was still supporting EHM. Thanks to the topics here I've been able to sent them a message yesterday and got my answer this afternoon with my order #. :joy: :joy:

Now I'm back to it!

Return to “Technical Support”