EHM 2007 No Longer On Sale [BUT EHM:EA IS ON STEAM!]

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

EHM 2007 No Longer On Sale [BUT EHM:EA IS ON STEAM!]

Post by archibalduk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 am

Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 is no longer on sale at eLicense. The Mac version was withdrawn from sale some time ago and now the PC version has also been withdrawn. When installing the Try'n'Buy Demo, the "Purchase" button will no longer allow you to purchase the game.

This is really sad news as it means that those who show an interest in EHM 2007 in the future will only be able to play the six month time limited Try'n'Buy Demo. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about this. It is my understanding that owing to the inevitable legal issues relating to the game (e.g. the licensing from the leagues, etc) it is not possible for EHM to be sold via another digital download method or indeed even for the arrangement with eLicense to be renewed.

For those of you that already own the game, you can continue to activate/reactivate your licenses. So you'll still be able to reactivate your license if you have to reinstall.

For those of you that don't already own EHM 2007, at this stage all I can suggest is that you consider taking part in an EHM 2005 online league: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... 4&p=102997

As far as The Blue Line is concerned, we'll continue to support the Eastside Hockey Manager series and any others looking to develop a new hockey game as best we can. There is still a very active community here and there are plenty of people working with Manimal to update the EHM 2007 rosters for the 2011/12 season.

McQwak
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: Now with capital letters!

Re: EHM 2007 No Longer On Sale

Post by McQwak » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:30 am

Uh, really? I'm glad that I managed to purchase it in time :-D

Now SI could make it opensource or freeware in order to allow new users to continue playing after 6 months. Maybe even the possibility to change the start date. That'd be great.

JakeTheSnake
Prospect

Post by JakeTheSnake » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:05 pm

This is terrible news! :cry:

I highly doubt EHM will ever become opensource because so much of the game engine is related to othe r SI titles.

I believe we all knew that this day would come at some point after the development was ceased back in '07. 8-[

Loosie
Team Captain
Custom Rank: Holy journeyman Batman

Post by Loosie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:11 pm

This is terrible news for those that have not purchased the game. I'm so glad that I have and have kept my purchase information safe so I can always switch computers with it if I need to.

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by B. Stinson » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:10 pm

This sure is sad news. It's most unfortunate knowing that the community can't grow anymore. After it was discontinued, at least people could still find, buy, and play the game... but now, the doors are closed.

For this reason, I'd really love to see EHM 2007 (maybe even 2005 and 2004) become freeware. OOTP releases select older versions as freeware, so I can't imagine why EHM couldn't. Maybe licensing would get in the way, I don't know.

Either way, it's a shame to know that EHM is now officially closed to the world :( .

Maybe this would be a good time to mention the original EHM. It's certainly no EHM 2007, but it's a classic, and it's what got the whole EHM thing going. I'm sure a lot of us EHM vets have pulled many all-nighters for this game. You can download it here: http://ehm.fhockey.com/EHM%20game.php

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:19 pm

That sucks really bad. :thdn: Thank god I got my computer last summer instead of this year. At least we are still here and we will stay here. :thup:

Gretzlaf
Junior League

Post by Gretzlaf » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:09 pm

That stinks. Glad I got this game when I did, but at the same time it's sad that no one else will get to play it :-(

Truly a great game, it's really a shame.

yankeemofo
Junior League
Custom Rank: ECHL Head Researcher

Post by yankeemofo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:30 am

Very sad.

ChoseQuiVole
Junior League

Post by ChoseQuiVole » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:21 am

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

wildiowafan
Prospect

Post by wildiowafan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:35 pm

I'm against the idea of making it freeware/sharware. But what I've suggested several time over on the SI boards is strip it down, make it all fictional and allow for the date to be edited and sell it at a reduced rate.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:38 pm

wildiowafan wrote:I'm against the idea of making it freeware/sharware. But what I've suggested several time over on the SI boards is strip it down, make it all fictional and allow for the date to be edited and sell it at a reduced rate.
I'd buy a new copy of the game if they "faked" the databases and made the start date editable.

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:12 pm

That won't happen. For them to shut down the game sales, means hardly anyone was buying. I just got it again a couple of weeks ago, as lost everything including my key a couple months ago moving. Glad I got in when I did.

I may very well have been the LAST person to buy the game.

But yeah, this sucks. Hopefully some day something new is done and comes out as an improved version. Unfortunately though I just do not see this being made freeware, or it being stripped down to a version without licensing. Nor will the start date thing be changed. Too much work to put into a game that is basically "dead"...to the company that was producing and selling it.

It will never die here though. thankfully.

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!

Post by philou21 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:27 pm

batdad wrote:That won't happen. For them to shut down the game sales, means hardly anyone was buying.
True. But a new product would probably attrack people who didn't want to buy EHM because of the old version, database and the date the game was starting. The sales though would not be high enough for the game to "restart" well.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:51 pm

batdad wrote:That won't happen. For them to shut down the game sales, means hardly anyone was buying.
From my conversation with Riz, I think it was down to legal issues with regards to licensing etc. Perhaps SI had some contract with eLicense to sell the product for a certain length of time and it couldn't be renewed without further licenses from NHL, etc. That's just my guess though.
batdad wrote:Unfortunately though I just do not see this being made freeware, or it being stripped down to a version without licensing. Nor will the start date thing be changed. Too much work to put into a game that is basically "dead"...to the company that was producing and selling it.
I totally agree with this. I'd love to see some sort of "faked" freeware version without the licensed logos, graphics, etc - but I doubt it'll happen. Football Manager is where the money is for SI. Why bother spending man hours making an old game freeware when they could be spending that time and effort on FM.
batdad wrote:It will never die here though. thankfully.
Absolutely. We've been here for over seven years now and I have no intention of letting the site and community go stale. It's incredible how active the EHM community is (given that EHM was put on hiatus back in January 2007) and I'm confident we can continue this both by supporting EHM 2007 and other projects such as Dabo's game and there's also websimhockey.com (more details of this project will be provided in the very near future).

jcheney479
Learning to skate

Post by jcheney479 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:42 am

This is really disappointing news:( I have owned this game for a little over a week and i am completely hooked. I have already put at least three all nighters into this game and hope to put many more in. I can understand why SI would do this but as a fan of this game and Hockey in general, i am disappointed.

McQwak
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: Now with capital letters!

Post by McQwak » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Ah, seems that we have the last buyer in jcheney479. :cry:

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:51 pm

YZG wrote:Aw rubbish! Batdad was maybe the last one to buy, and I'm maybe the first one screwed up because I too lost my game (when my old computer died several months ago) and kinda neglected to buy it back. Aww well. Serves me right, I guess.
If you contact eLicense with your original email address, etc then they should be able to sort out your license. Licenses already purchased should continue to work.

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: TIMMAH TEEEEE!!!!

Post by timmy_t » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:36 pm

:\

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:56 am

A couple of posts in this thread were veering ever so slightly off topic and is probably a topic unto itself. Thus I've split it into its own thread: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... 76#p125376

toffeenut2006
Junior League

Post by toffeenut2006 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:45 pm

archibalduk wrote:
YZG wrote:Aw rubbish! Batdad was maybe the last one to buy, and I'm maybe the first one screwed up because I too lost my game (when my old computer died several months ago) and kinda neglected to buy it back. Aww well. Serves me right, I guess.
If you contact eLicense with your original email address, etc then they should be able to sort out your license. Licenses already purchased should continue to work.
This is correct as I contacted elicense myself 2 days ago as I had bought a new PC and when I tried to enter my code I was getting the error message code 11, where you have used up all the uses of your license. A quick email to elicense and roughly 24 hours later I had a new code.

YZG
Second Line
Custom Rank: DHM Head Researcher

Post by YZG » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:27 pm

That's great if eLicense still gives support, then - kinda thought they too would give it up. I'll write them. Thanks guys :thup:

- YZG

toffeenut2006
Junior League

Post by toffeenut2006 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:00 pm

I thought (but could be wrong) that eLicense provided lifetime support. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

YZG
Second Line
Custom Rank: DHM Head Researcher

Post by YZG » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Will do. So far no answer, but their offices may just be closed on weekends.

- YZG

toffeenut2006
Junior League

Post by toffeenut2006 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:12 pm

YZG wrote:Will do. So far no answer, but their offices may just be closed on weekends.

- YZG
They take about 24 to 48 hours to reply in general. You should get a receipt and a ticket number within a few hours though.

HjRock
Learning to skate

Post by HjRock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Anybody has a liscence they would like to share? I lost my code in my pc and now I have a mac and want to play EHM 2007

Return to “Technical Support”