The Blue Line

Project NHL 36 - a 2017-18 DB with 36 Team NHL/AHL/ECHL!

Want to ask EHM graphics questions, questions about a project or make requests for a project? Don't know what files go where? Are you working on a new addon or roster update? This is the place to discuss!

Re: Project NHL 36 - a 2017-18 DB with 36 Team NHL/AHL/ECHL!

Postby BKarchitect » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 am

Ukko wrote:Is the staff recruitement issue still affecting the game ? I couldn't find my way through editor to change the error.. ](*,)

I think we are going to have to wait until archi releases the new editor for that to be fixed but you can try in the 2.3...probably same result though.
BKarchitect
Fringe Player

Postby colinrsmall » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:42 am

What's the staff recruitment issue?

Also, I've been kinda fed up with the expansion AHL teams lacking players, so I went ahead and added to the import sheet a bunch of unsigned prospects to the expansion teams to fill out their AHL rosters with. Here's a DL link in case anyone wants to play around with it too: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zNroUz ... sp=sharing
colinrsmall
Prospect

Postby burglebuber » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:12 am

Where do I put the files once they're downloaded?
burglebuber
Junior League

Postby BKarchitect » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:51 pm

Just extract the ZIP into the database folder and it will put the DB and CFG file in a folder named for whatever the DB is. You then should be able to select it in EHM.
BKarchitect
Fringe Player

Postby burglebuber » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:55 pm

I extracted the NHL 36 folder into the Database folder in EHM, but I can't select it in EHM. What did I do wrong?
burglebuber
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:15 am

Is the database.db file in the "NHL 35 Draft DB" per BK's screenshot above?
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Postby Jetstone » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:48 am

The better question should be:
Did you move the entire folder into the directory, or just the contents?
Jetstone
Junior League

Postby BKarchitect » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:02 am

burglebuber wrote:I extracted the NHL 36 folder into the Database folder in EHM, but I can't select it in EHM. What did I do wrong?

Make sure it is in the Steam folder as shown in my screenshot, should be a folder under database and in that folder (the name of which is the name of the db) should just be the db and configure files. It doesn’t matter what the folder is called - you could call it Peanut Butter as long as those two files are in it and then Peanut Butter would show up as an available database when you are in EHM.

But...when you unzip my files I to the database folder, they will unzip automatically into the appropriate folder name. So like “NHL36 City Lights v2.3” or something to that effect.
BKarchitect
Fringe Player

Postby BKarchitect » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Update...NHL36 v2.4

Quick update...there won't be a big amount of data changes in this update from v2.3 which was just a couple days ago but I have tinkered with some team names/info plus re-named some divisions (for example the NHL Northeast is now back to the NHL Atlantic). The reason for some of this is I am trying to streamline some league structure data so I can release "NHL32" with just Seattle in the near future (I think archi's next editor update will help in my quest to maintain one database which I can simultaneously use for all the NHL36 universes plus NHL32). Downloads First Page of EHM Thread as usual.

Updated logos and ice backgrounds for the graphics changes below (Seattle, KC) can be found on that page as well or directly here:

Logos - https://www.dropbox.com/s/b86m6p56dmk41eg/NHL36%20Logo%20Updates.zip?dl=0
Ice Backgrounds - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptqzhr0logj0gfq/NHL36%20Background%20Updates.zip?dl=0

In terms of data, Cogliano's extension is in there, Jack Johnson will likely now request a trade or be traded and Jagr also has been knocked down the Flames depth chart so that he'll likely want out of Calgary. Plus minor updates from around major leagues, colleges, juniors, etc.

- Seattle Kraken are now the Seattle Totems (in all NHL36 databases and will be in NHL32 as well).

I love the Kraken nickname - it's great fun, but as Seattle draws nearer to becoming a reality, I don't think we will see Kraken high on the list of possibilities. I've been lurking on some Seattle forums and the local favorites seem to be Steelheads, Thunderbirds, Totems and Metropolitans. I didn't find a Steelhead logo I liked well enough. Metropolitans, although historic, is rather bland. Thunderbirds seems to be the local favorite but I didn't want to have to rebrand the WHL Seattl Thunderbirds in this database. That left Totems, which has history and a sweet retro logo which I touched up a bit.

Colors are emerald green, forest green and a bluish-gray accent.

- Color switch for Saskatchewan.

Because I switched Seattle back to a green primary, I flipped the colors for the Saskatchewan Whitetails so that I didn't have Seattle, Saskatchewan and Portland all being potentiall added as green teams. So now the "Prairie Gold" is the primary color for the Whitetails - and I think it actually fits better and gives them a more unique look. Credit to Ukko who came up with a neat jersey for them from which I took the idea of the gold primary!

- Scouts Makeover.

For the Kansas City Scouts, gone is the retro-roundel logo and in it's place, thanks to FinnsUp1214 @ sportslogos.net, it a totally new and custom logo which plays less of Native American imagery (a bit touchy these days) and centers more on the horse aspect while maintaining the Native American feel. The colors are also brightened and less drab.

- Vegas Color Tweak

Ended up tweaking the Vegas Steel and Vegas Gold to more directly match their actual home uniforms. Vegas is kind of weird because their offical gray color is almost a dark green-gray while their official gold is rather drab but on the ice, their look is much more of a traditional gray and the gold fabric in their uniforms really reflects lights - and I want their team look in EHM to look like what they do on the ice.

BKarchitect
Fringe Player

Postby sutekii » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:39 pm

Hello folks!

The project looks very interesting - great work.

I've loaded it up for the first time tonight, and I'm also getting a consistent crash when browsing the staff scouting section. After reading the posts above, I tried disabling 'add extra staff' when starting a new game, but the crash still occurs.

Is the only solution to not import the expansion rosters into the database with the EHM Editor? I'd really like to use them if possible.
sutekii
Junior League

Postby BKarchitect » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:43 am

I haven't actually gotten a crash with the staff from the staff scouting screen - can you tell me which database version you are using and give me an example of a particular staff that is causing the crash?
BKarchitect
Fringe Player

Postby sutekii » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:35 pm

BKarchitect wrote:I haven't actually gotten a crash with the staff from the staff scouting screen - can you tell me which database version you are using and give me an example of a particular staff that is causing the crash?

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the latest 'Original 2.4' database. My process was this:

1) Open the database with EHM Editor and import the expansion worksheet. Save and exit.

2) Start a new game.

3) Browse the staff scouting section. After looking at a handful of non-player profiles - it doesn't matter which ones - the game crashes.

The comments above seem to indicate that there's an issue with using the EHM Editor, but it's not clear what has be done manually to fix the issue. I've used the EHM Editor many times with other databases and not had a problem, so I'm not sure what's going wrong.
sutekii
Junior League

Postby mark11 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi

I had this same issue with version 2.2 and game crash after staff scouting. I don't know what happened but after I restart the Steam and game, everything works fine. Now my team and stuff is tuned and I'm starting a season with no other problems. Don't know if this helps but fyi =)

Btw, thanks to BK (and TBL-team too) for this great and interesting database :nod:
mark11
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:30 pm

BKarchitect wrote:I haven't actually gotten a crash with the staff from the staff scouting screen - can you tell me which database version you are using and give me an example of a particular staff that is causing the crash?

I wonder if this relates to the issue with the non-playing staff crash when attempting to view the profile of a non-player created using the Editor (this is because the Preferred Tactic setting for newly created non-players defaults to -1 when it should default to zero). It sounds like the same issue from what is described in the earlier posts above.

If it is the same bug, there are two solutions:

1. Wait until the release of the next version of the Editor and then load and save the database using that version (the upcoming version has the bug fix); or

2. Manually set each non-player's Preferred Tactic attribute to zero. This could be done very quickly by exporting a staff list using the Editor, identifying the affected staff and the importing the relevant staff spreadsheet with the Preferred Tactic set to "Unknown (0)" via the Editor.
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Postby ElPayaso » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Is this based on the TBL 10.1 roster?
ElPayaso
Junior League

Previous

Return to Game Add-ons Forum