The Blue Line

[2017-18] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (2.4 Final- 5/5)

Want to ask EHM graphics questions, questions about a project or make requests for a project? Don't know what files go where? Are you working on a new addon or roster update? This is the place to discuss!

Re: [2017-18] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters v2

Postby xECK29x » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Monette wrote:This databse was updated around the world or only main league ?
Was it the last date of the updated version ?

Link posted in this thread is still the initial release, I should have a new version available after Christmas. There are some touch ups around the world but mainly focused on NA leagues.
xECK29x
Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Drafted

Postby xECK29x » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:54 pm

New version posted for testing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gv20yreothgztlh/xECK29x-Rosters-v2.1.zip?dl=0

- Updated transactions
- 2018/2019 top picks (several top Euro prospects added for 2019), several random player updates throughout the world
- Organizations completed (NHL/AHL/ECHL) (full stats update (including prospects), staff preferences, personnel list update):
--Avalanche
--Blue Jackets
--Bruins
--Canucks
--Blackhawks
--Blues
--Canadiens
--Islanders

-Organizations with full updates for everything but ECHL affiliate:
--Jets
--Kings
--Maple Leafs
--Oilers
--Panthers
--Predators
--Rangers
--Red Wings
--Sabres
--Senators
--Sharks
--Stars
--Wild

Thanks to everyone who has given feedback and downloaded!
xECK29x
Drafted

Postby Philliefan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:16 am

xECK29x wrote:New version posted for testing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gv20yreothgztlh/xECK29x-Rosters-v2.1.zip?dl=0

- Updated transactions
- 2018/2019 top picks (several top Euro prospects added for 2019), several random player updates throughout the world
- Organizations completed (NHL/AHL/ECHL) (full stats update (including prospects), staff preferences, personnel list update):
--Avalanche
--Blue Jackets
--Bruins
--Canucks
--Blackhawks
--Blues
--Canadiens
--Islanders

-Organizations with full updates for everything but ECHL affiliate:
--Jets
--Kings
--Maple Leafs
--Oilers
--Panthers
--Predators
--Rangers
--Red Wings
--Sabres
--Senators
--Sharks
--Stars
--Wild

Thanks to everyone who has given feedback and downloaded!

Yeah, I can tell the Flyers roster hasn't been updated :nod: I know I might have a little bias, but not a single player with a PA over 180? Patrick, Provorov, and Couturier should all have PA's of at least 180, not to mention people like Stolarz having PA of 131 (I know he's never gonna be a Price or a Brodeur, but he's at least going to be Brian Elliot level). Robert Hägg has been one of our best defensemen AS A ROOKIE (albeit our defense has been pretty bad, but he's rarely had a bad game). Most analysts/scouts would tell you that the Flyers have one of the best prospect pools in the league, yet studs like Konecny have a PA of 130, and Leier only has one of 115 despite the fact he's played over 15% of our games (I know he won't be amazing, but he looks to be a potential second/third liner IMO). Finally, solid LVP players like Martel (PA: 111, who has been great in the AHL) and Vorobyov (PA: 113, who's been solid, keeping in mind his transition to the NA ice) deserve at least second/third line potentials.

Not trying to hate on your roster, as I know you haven't gotten around to updating the Flyers yet. They were terrible last year, so it's understandable that most of our players are underrated. I'm just trying to give you a good base to look at for when you do get around to fixing their roster as well as offer my help if you want it.
Philliefan
Learning to skate

Postby Rono » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:29 am

Philliefan wrote:Yeah, I can tell the Flyers roster hasn't been updated :nod: I know I might have a little bias, but not a single player with a PA over 180? Patrick, Provorov, and Couturier should all have PA's of at least 180, not to mention people like Stolarz having PA of 131 (I know he's never gonna be a Price or a Brodeur, but he's at least going to be Brian Elliot level). Robert Hägg has been one of our best defensemen AS A ROOKIE (albeit our defense has been pretty bad, but he's rarely had a bad game). Most analysts/scouts would tell you that the Flyers have one of the best prospect pools in the league, yet studs like Konecny have a PA of 130, and Leier only has one of 115 despite the fact he's played over 15% of our games (I know he won't be amazing, but he looks to be a potential second/third liner IMO). Finally, solid LVP players like Martel (PA: 111, who has been great in the AHL) and Vorobyov (PA: 113, who's been solid, keeping in mind his transition to the NA ice) deserve at least second/third line potentials.

Not trying to hate on your roster, as I know you haven't gotten around to updating the Flyers yet. They were terrible last year, so it's understandable that most of our players are underrated. I'm just trying to give you a good base to look at for when you do get around to fixing their roster as well as offer my help if you want it.
Big agree! :thup: :thup: :thup:

And Provorov should PA over 186. Konecny over 160.
Rono
Junior League

Re: [2017-18] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (2.1 Released 12

Postby PeakyBlinder » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:41 am

Aww yiss.
PeakyBlinder
Prospect

Postby xECK29x » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:51 am

Philliefan wrote:Yeah, I can tell the Flyers roster hasn't been updated :nod: I know I might have a little bias, but not a single player with a PA over 180? Patrick, Provorov, and Couturier should all have PA's of at least 180, not to mention people like Stolarz having PA of 131 (I know he's never gonna be a Price or a Brodeur, but he's at least going to be Brian Elliot level). Robert Hägg has been one of our best defensemen AS A ROOKIE (albeit our defense has been pretty bad, but he's rarely had a bad game). Most analysts/scouts would tell you that the Flyers have one of the best prospect pools in the league, yet studs like Konecny have a PA of 130, and Leier only has one of 115 despite the fact he's played over 15% of our games (I know he won't be amazing, but he looks to be a potential second/third liner IMO). Finally, solid LVP players like Martel (PA: 111, who has been great in the AHL) and Vorobyov (PA: 113, who's been solid, keeping in mind his transition to the NA ice) deserve at least second/third line potentials.

Trust me I know I have to work on the PAs for the Flyers. I think most else is ok, but please let me know!
xECK29x
Drafted

Postby krispykremed » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:34 am

2019/2020 draft prospects need a major boost. Jack Hughes is supposed to be the #1 pick, and he only had like a 130 PA, Lafreniere only has a 110 PA Holtz only had like a 143 Quinton Byfield should be added, currently is scoring at a pace similar to Stamkos at his age. Nolan Foote only had a 110. I'm sure there's more that need PA tweaks, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head
krispykremed
Learning to skate

Postby xECK29x » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:21 pm

krispykremed wrote:2019/2020 draft prospects need a major boost. Jack Hughes is supposed to be the #1 pick, and he only had like a 130 PA, Lafreniere only has a 110 PA Holtz only had like a 143 Quinton Byfield should be added, currently is scoring at a pace similar to Stamkos at his age. Nolan Foote only had a 110. I'm sure there's more that need PA tweaks, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head

Thanks! Will make these adjustments. I did some 2019 updates in the version I am working on right now.

Expect a new update a few days after the CHL trade deadline passes.
xECK29x
Drafted

Postby krownroyal83 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:28 am

The first time I simmed a season using these rosters the Islanders were way too good. They won the president trophy easily. I see you're an Islanders fan. I'm just wondering if it's a coincidence or you're being biased towards them?
krownroyal83
Minor League

Postby xECK29x » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 pm

krownroyal83 wrote:The first time I simmed a season using these rosters the Islanders were way too good. They won the president trophy easily. I see you're an Islanders fan. I'm just wondering if it's a coincidence or you're being biased towards them?

Definitely not intentional, I have made some edits to them for the next release as I did see some guys were way out of line. If anyone else has experienced this you are the first to mention it.
xECK29x
Drafted

Postby PeakyBlinder » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Hey man you need any help?
PeakyBlinder
Prospect

Postby xECK29x » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Yea I definitely could use a hand or two with some tasks. I'm pretty buried in the CHL updating for the trade deadline (will be complete with the WHL today). Also updating/adding players involved in trades and adding player histories. Will likely lead into a full-blown CHL update but I also need to add histories to a few remaining NHL teams for 2016-17 and full histories for American born (in college) prospects for a few teams.
xECK29x
Drafted

Postby PeakyBlinder » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:42 am

xECK29x wrote:Yea I definitely could use a hand or two with some tasks. I'm pretty buried in the CHL updating for the trade deadline (will be complete with the WHL today). Also updating/adding players involved in trades and adding player histories. Will likely lead into a full-blown CHL update but I also need to add histories to a few remaining NHL teams for 2016-17 and full histories for American born (in college) prospects for a few teams.

Like I don't know if you know how to import player histories but I could totally do that for you if you just throw me some teams that you need help with.
PeakyBlinder
Prospect

Postby xECK29x » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:36 pm

Just a quick update, I plan to have a pretty substantial release ready by this weekend, highlights include:

- Updated transactions (CHL trade deadline focused, OHL might not have histories completed for players traded just yet, this is completed for QMJHL &WHL)
- Updated Vegas colors and International club rankings for proper International tournament field (full credit to BKArchitect)
- Added more prospects to 2018-20 draft pools + updated many existing
- Updated/added players featured in CHL and USHL Top Prospects games
- Various other updates across many different leagues
- Beginning updates of USHL/CHL/NCAA

Unfortunately I wanted to tackle the draft and the USHL/NCAA/CHL as those appear to have been mostly untouched for a few years besides some basic updates, so I have been slacking in updating the player histories for the NHL clubs I still have left. I expect to have a fully rounded out DB ready as a base for others to use/improve on by end of Feburary. Once I get a good base roster I can expand to updating the rosters/staff of other major leagues (likely won't update histories there though, it's so much work).
xECK29x
Drafted

Re: [2017-18] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (2.2 Released 1/

Postby xECK29x » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:38 pm

New update is ready: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij0kh82etd0ba ... 2.zip?dl=0

- Updated transactions (CHL trade deadline focused)
- Updated Vegas colors and International club rankings for proper International tournament field (full credit to BKArchitect)
- Added more prospects to 2018-20 draft pools + updated many existing
- Updated/added players featured in CHL and USHL Top Prospects games
- Beginning updates of USHL/CHL

Focus for next update:
- Completing history updates for remaining NHL/AHL/ECHL teams + prospects not listed in the organizations below.
- Updating USHL/CHL
- Adding more U16 leagues (Mass Select is one I've identified as badly needed)

Teams "completed" (NHL/AHL/ECHL) (full stats update - including prospects, staff/player preferences and types, staff updates):
Avalanche
Blue Jackets
Bruins
Canucks
Blackhawks
Blues
Canadiens
Capitals
Islanders
Jets
Kings
Maple Leafs
Oilers
Panthers
Predators
Rangers
Red Wings
Sabres
Senators
Sharks
Stars
Wild
xECK29x
Drafted

Postby Trieu » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:55 pm

Some players are considered rookies even though they're not such as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, David Pastrnak and Jaden Schwartz. It's probably because it says they have 0 seasons accrued for whatever reason.
Trieu
Junior League

Postby xECK29x » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:16 pm

Trieu wrote:Some players are considered rookies even though they're not such as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, David Pastrnak and Jaden Schwartz. It's probably because it says they have 0 seasons accrued for whatever reason.

I just double checked and all three of those players are showing proper NHL seasons played counts in the DB. Is anyone else seeing this issue?
xECK29x
Drafted

Postby Manimal » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:52 am

xECK29x wrote:
Trieu wrote:Some players are considered rookies even though they're not such as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, David Pastrnak and Jaden Schwartz. It's probably because it says they have 0 seasons accrued for whatever reason.

I just double checked and all three of those players are showing proper NHL seasons played counts in the DB. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

I have seen it happen with the TBL rosters as well but different players (MacKinnon, Skinner)
Some kind of bug somewhere(game or editor)
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  4 

Postby xECK29x » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Next release to come hopefully this weekend/early next week. Several more NHL organizations have their full player histories added and I've made some updates based on this seasons performance. I also retired a lot of players who were still in the FA pool and lowered the stats on a lot of the higher rep European players to make them less attractive to CPU GMs during FA. I also started updating historical team records and adding players who are team record holders who were not in the DB.

The biggest area of focus has been the addition/enhancement of the USPHL. I've added all the teams listed as well as their U16, U18, Elite, and newly formed NCDC teams, with proper reputations, staff and affiliations. This adds an excellent amount of young talent, especially for college teams.

More info on the USPHL here: http://www.usphl.com/teammembers
xECK29x
Drafted

Postby xECK29x » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:55 pm

Ok guys BIG RELEASE, sorry this took so long I ran into a few road bumps along the way.

Next release will be shortly after the NHL trade deadline, I will focus my time entirely on finishing the few NHL franchises still need to be updated with career histories and minor touch-ups, those include:

- Ducks
- Lightning
- Flames
- Flyers
- Golden Knights
- Hurricanes

Version 2.3 includes:
- Updated transactions across multiple leagues
- Updated retired numbers
- Updated extra_config.cfg by removing outdated entries
- Added/updated prospects reported on from CJHL top prospects game
- Added/updated more prospects to 2018 draft pool (based on TSN and CSS lists)
- USPHL Premier Hockey League added/greatly tweaked, 2nd tier junior league (think BCHL comparative to CHL) but for the USHL. More on this below
-- This should add some decent talent to the U.S. College ranks as your sim progresses, also will add players into Major Juniors as well.
- Beginning updates of NHL team historical records and ensuring retired staff exist so fake names are not used (see Arizona/NJ for an example of how this looks).
-- This takes a decent amount of work though I know it would be beneficial to other DB makers so I may continue it. Please provide me feedback if this is worth undertaking.
- Added NY Islanders arena moves over the next few years (please let me know if this does not occur)
- Reviewed FA pool (higher rep players/staff), removed retired players/staff and updated many others.
- Updates players playing for Team USA and Canada, will update other players playing in OG in next release.

Additional NHL franchises w/ affiliates (AHL/ECHL + prospects) re-reviewed and updated player histories and created new staff:
- Arizona Coyotes
- New Jersey Devils

What is the USPHL?
Founded in 2012, the United States Premier Hockey League (USPHL) is comprised of 170 teams. Our teams are geographically diverse, ranging from North to South to the Midwest and Pacific.

The USPHL fields teams in a variety of divisions from Junior to High Performance Youth Divisions.

Our Junior Divisions consists of - The National Collegiate Development Conference, (NCDC) which is a unique, tuition-free, Junior hockey division geared toward Division I collegiate development placement and beyond and our Premier and Elite Divisions.

Our Midget and Youth Divisions consists of 18U, 16U, 16U Futures and High Performance Youth

Here is how this looks in-game:

The NCDC is the highest level of play in the USPHL, I have rated it so it comes in just under the College ranks.

Future projects/things to research:
- Fix Compuware/Belle Tire, HoneyBaked other bantam/major HP teams which many NHL players have come from, it appears these programs need some love.
- Create MassSelect league (remove/retire Empire Junior B?)
- Add USNTDP Junior team which I see on EliteProspects (not sure if it's worth it)
-- Add historical AHL teams (should have been created separately, not just renamed - Albany Devils, Springfield Falcons, Portland Pirates, again not sure the value here, I did add a few in this release).
---Maybe go back and fix old records via import?

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5tjycvo0zrlq ... 3.zip?dl=0
xECK29x
Drafted

Re: [2017-18] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (2.3 Released 2/

Postby xECK29x » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:15 pm

I noticed some problems and got reports of some bugs in the last release so I made a quick "hotfix" release

Download link: http://bit.ly/2sOqs7B

- Updated transactions (Incl. Brassard trade)
- Adjusted Anaheim Ducks U16/U18
- Added Rosemount High (Minnesota High School Hockey) and Orange Lutheran (there is no California High School so I put in US High School West for now).
- Updated Norfolk Admirals affiliations, colors and staff
- Added Maine Mariners (ECHL), ready for 2018 season addition (NOT ACTIVE)
- Removed several legacy AHL/CHL teams I was playing around with for career histories, this was causing issues.
- Fixed Nathan Horton's contract, reputation and career history

I will no longer be attempting to create retired players that are not in the DB just to fill out team records, this is just too much work for so little return. I will update the records but will not go out of my way to add players so you will see generated names in some instances.

Teams Completed:
- Anaheim Ducks (not San Diego/Utah)
xECK29x
Drafted

Re: [2017-18] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (2.3.1 - 2/24)

Postby StarboardWinger » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:52 am

This is great work, and dare I say even more detailed than the TBL rosters when it comes to leagues that most people play. Personally I'm more interested in how well the attributes of players are rated as I've encountered a few attributes in this database that I disagree slightly. However, before giving you specific feedback, I'm interested in knowing how you rate the players and staff. If you're willing to share, of course. Do you base your ratings on scouting reports? on stats? on previous TBL rosters? or any other sources or opinions? This would help me give a more helpful feedback to you in the future as I test this database more extensively and encounter something worth discussing.
StarboardWinger
Junior League

Postby xECK29x » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:50 pm

StarboardWinger wrote:This is great work, and dare I say even more detailed than the TBL rosters when it comes to leagues that most people play. Personally I'm more interested in how well the attributes of players are rated as I've encountered a few attributes in this database that I disagree slightly. However, before giving you specific feedback, I'm interested in knowing how you rate the players and staff. If you're willing to share, of course. Do you base your ratings on scouting reports? on stats? on previous TBL rosters? or any other sources or opinions? This would help me give a more helpful feedback to you in the future as I test this database more extensively and encounter something worth discussing.

Thanks for the feedback and I am glad you are enjoying them! I am just a very passionate hockey guy, I will always take feedback from others as I don't consider myself any kind of expert (though I would love to have been a scout in another life, maybe one day).

I posted my ratings scale a little earlier in this thread if you are talking PA/CA calculation and how the leagues stack up but as far as my knowledge on players/leagues I read a lot of scouting reports and things like The Hockey News Forecaster/Future Watch, Dobber Prospects, live viewing and feedback from others factors in.
xECK29x
Drafted

Postby aidanmac22 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:05 am

Can't wait for a trade deadline update! Thanks for all your work!!
aidanmac22
Junior League

Postby blackhawk2015 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:40 pm

...me too!! itching to start a new game with the trade deadline rosters!!
blackhawk2015
Junior League

PreviousNext

Return to Game Add-ons Forum