Project NHL32 - Seattle Edition (2018-19 Season)

Want to ask EHM graphics questions, questions about a project or make requests for a project? Don't know what files go where? Are you working on a new addon or roster update? This is the place to discuss!
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.

Useful Links: Find your EHM 1 installation folder locationConverting an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1Logo sizesWhere to install add-onsTBL Rosters Crash Thread
BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:46 pm

NHL 32X v3.0 Update

TYPICAL UPDATES
- World transactions and signings/extensions for major league including all NHL trade deadline deals with picks swapped and depth charts tweaked to maximize talent.
- As usual, continual updating and adjusting of prospects for future drafts. Some impressive Russian talent added in this update. Also, every single future NCAA commitment.

WHA UPDATES
- Full new 6 European teams in a new Central Europe division for a 12+12 format.
- WHAII Farm Affiliation + one junior sponsor/affiliate for each team. The North American clubs have junior affiliations with CHL and USHL teams. That means as a GM of a WHA club, you can actually call up junior players from those teams to play with your WHA team, although you can't sign them. Your benefit from this will really depend on how that junior team is able to draft and develop their talent.
- If you are new to this database and wondering what the WHA is all about, read more here:
Original Format:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19885
Six New Expansion Teams:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... -155948981

WHAII UPDATE
- Brand new league - read all about it here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... -156601935
- I have since updated the First and Last names lists for smaller countries like Albania, Greece and Portugal so they produce realistic sounding players (for the most part)!

SEATTLE FRANCHISE
- Nothing new in 3.0 here but in case you want to know more about the implantation of Seattle or the SEVEN different graphical identities you can choose to give you Seattle franchise in EHM, read more here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... -154408183

SEATTLE EXPANSION AND WHA DISPERSAL DRAFTS
- I have removed these from the 3.0 database ZIP file. Why? Well, with all the activity of the trade deadline, I wanted to let the NHL clubs play with their new, full rosters. If you choose Extra Player Options in game setup, it will still stock Seattle and the WHA/WHAII clubs with players. It’s more of a challenge without the draft files - I’ll bring them back at the end of the season. Feel free to use the draft files in previous versions of NHL32X or create your own as well.

LOGO UPDATES
- New branding for the WHA, WHAII and WHA All-Star games, complete branding and identities for 6 new WHA clubs and 24 new WHAII clubs and some general logo tweaks here and there. See the Graphics Credits file in the database download for more info.

YOU CAN NOW PLAY NHL32X WITHOUT THE WHA/WHAII!
- Included in the ZIP file download of the database itself are two new IMPORT files...WHA Deactivate 1 & 2. If you would like to play NHL32X with Seattle but aren't interested in the WHA aspect, simply use the EHM Editor to import each of those files into the database and save.

- The WHA and WHAII will still show up in the league select screen but they will be grey and have exclamation marks next to them. You won't be able to select them now but that's the point - they won't be in the game. You can select other leagues and options as usual.

RECOMMENDED GAME OPTIONS
- I would recommend turning on all the Extra Player Options (Playable Teams, Junior Players, National Teams) - especially if you intend to use the WHA. It will give all the teams a full starting roster and fill some of the lesser national teams represented by the WHA and WHAII clubs with a pool of players. I also recommend turning on Retain All Teams and Add Key Staff.

KNOW BUGS
- The English second tier (National Ice Hockey League) can cause the game to crash. I believe all other leagues function fine without game-ending errors or bugs. Have simmed through 2060 in testing. Do not select the NIHL for now.

DOWNLOAD NHL32X 3.0:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0oofqdu43l28a ... 0.zip?dl=0

DOWNLOAD NHL32X 3.0 Graphics Pack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sudlvy0djv3in ... k.zip?dl=0

fox9
Junior League

Post by fox9 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:21 am

Wow ! Thanks a lot BK !!!

Grentroz
Junior League
Favourite Team: Edmonton Oilers

Post by Grentroz » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:31 pm

I was wondering if some logos for the new WHA and WHAII teams didn't make it to the graphic pack? Here's what I have when I look in the large logo for the clubs

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:30 am

Hmmm I’ll check it out in the morning sorry about that!

Primis
Freeware Moderator

Post by Primis » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:58 pm

I haven't started a new EHM 1 game in quite some time. This DB release, I've started a new NCAA game. Looks to be fun. After that I'll undoubtedly fiddle with the WHA... looks good, BKarchitect .

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:08 pm

Grentroz wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:31 pm
I was wondering if some logos for the new WHA and WHAII teams didn't make it to the graphic pack? Here's what I have when I look in the large logo for the clubs
Hi - they should all be in there, the logos for the clubs outside the US/Canada should be in their respective countries' folders. Let me know if you have issues in game with seeing any of them.

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Primis wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:58 pm
I haven't started a new EHM 1 game in quite some time. This DB release, I've started a new NCAA game. Looks to be fun. After that I'll undoubtedly fiddle with the WHA... looks good, BKarchitect .
Thanks Primis. There's like all 1,000 future commits in the game config file so it should keep most all the schools stocked at least for 3-4 years. With future commits, I've tried to organize classes so that no school gets like a class of 15 freshmen at once because then it tends to make the CPU GM dump a whole bunch of players. Some schools have like that many commits listed for this fall but undoubtedly many will re-classify as clubs zero in on their rosters for next year. Also some of the really young top commitments, especially from Canada, will show initially joining an NCAA school in the future but they may very well still go the juniors route, which is probably fair. Let me know if you have any observations - it's been a while since I GM'd a college team.

Grentroz
Junior League

Post by Grentroz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:59 pm

BKarchitect wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:08 pm
Grentroz wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:31 pm
Hi - they should all be in there, the logos for the clubs outside the US/Canada should be in their respective countries' folders. Let me know if you have issues in game with seeing any of them.
I found Budapest's logo in Hungary folder. Tried to copy and nothing happened. As for the graphic pack itself, I downloaded the most recent version (3.0), saved it on my HDD. Then, extracted it in the picture folder (First Screenshot) and...Nothing for the new teams in WHA and WHA II. Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong...but what? For reference, here's what I got when I started a new game in NHL 32XX v3.0

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:44 am

Really weird, I just re-downloaded from the link and all the logos are in there. Again, don't copy from the Hungary folder into a WHA folder, it needs to stay in the Hungary folder, likewise for all European teams, the logos stay in their country folder no matter what league the club is in.

The only thing I can think is make sure you are unzipping into the right folder and overwrite anything that comes up.

As an example, this is straight from the downloaded archive file...for example, Tirana (WHAII) is under Albania, if all the folders are unzipped correctly it should go to the right spot automatically:

Grentroz
Junior League

Post by Grentroz » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:47 am

I have no idea what my computer (or me) was doing wrong...but in the end, I unzipped on the HDD, but not in the data folder of EHMT and copied every folder myself. All logos, flags and stuff are in!! :joy:

Time to enjoy that superb database. Version 1.0 was great and you improved it with 3.0!

Primis
Freeware Moderator

Post by Primis » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:56 pm

BKarchitect wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:14 pm
Let me know if you have any observations - it's been a while since I GM'd a college team.
Same, it's why I'm doing it. You've done NCAA and US structure work since the last time I played I see. The USNTDP is a lot more involved than last time I played (which has been a while), I'm assuming to allow it to accept only American players while being part of the USHL that has different rules. I was bummed to see you eliminated most all the individual state-based high school leagues (and the NCAA Div. III too, not that it affects an NCAA game in the least), along with redoing the second tier Canadian juniors, but I'm guessing it was to ease the DB from having so many teams that aren't even half-full. I just had gotten into a groove with recruiting, and now I've had to relocate where all the kids of the right age to recruit. :-p

I just got through a season basically (am in June 2019 now) and things have seemed just fine and good so far.

If I remember to, I should look back into what it would take to create things like the GLI and Beanpot as annual competitions where the champions could be recorded every year.

Looks like great work so far though.

Javs
Minor League

Post by Javs » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Still no way to create a draft correct?

xECK29x
Fringe Player
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:45 pm

Primis wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:56 pm
If I remember to, I should look back into what it would take to create things like the GLI and Beanpot as annual competitions where the champions could be recorded every year.
This would be awesome to see!

xECK29x
Fringe Player

Post by xECK29x » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:46 pm

Javs wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:30 pm
Still no way to create a draft correct?
Correct, hard coded into the game files

greenwoodguy
Junior League
Favourite Team: Chicago Blackhawks

Post by greenwoodguy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:00 pm

Is the Seattle team supposed to have an expansion draft level roster? for me it's a bunch of absolutely dreadful 18-24 year olds. Is there an import file I missed somewhere?

xECK29x
Fringe Player

Post by xECK29x » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:41 pm

greenwoodguy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:00 pm
Is the Seattle team supposed to have an expansion draft level roster? for me it's a bunch of absolutely dreadful 18-24 year olds. Is there an import file I missed somewhere?
You need to import the draft file using the Editor.

greenwoodguy
Junior League
Favourite Team: Chicago Blackhawks

Post by greenwoodguy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:19 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:41 pm
greenwoodguy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:00 pm
You need to import the draft file using the Editor.
It looks like this version actually has no draft files, i just reread the post and it looks like I'll be scouring colleges and free agency. thanks anyways :)

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:13 am

You can still use the draft file form the previous version - just scroll up the posts to the release before, the download link should still be active.

Realpity
Prospect
Favourite Team: North Bay Battalion

Post by Realpity » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Sooooooooooo, if I don't want the WHA at all can I just make those leagues inactive in the editor ? (sorry, not at home with access to the game or editor). Just curious as it may save loosing some NHL talent ...

p.s. love the many options for Seattle now

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:18 pm

Realpity wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:34 pm
Sooooooooooo, if I don't want the WHA at all can I just make those leagues inactive in the editor ? (sorry, not at home with access to the game or editor). Just curious as it may save loosing some NHL talent ...
See release notes above:
BKarchitect wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:46 pm
- Included in the ZIP file download of the database itself are two new IMPORT files...WHA Deactivate 1 & 2. If you would like to play NHL32X with Seattle but aren't interested in the WHA aspect, simply use the EHM Editor to import each of those files into the database and save.

- The WHA and WHAII will still show up in the league select screen but they will be grey and have exclamation marks next to them. You won't be able to select them now but that's the point - they won't be in the game. You can select other leagues and options as usual.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:54 am

I have split off the off topic posts from this thread.

Realpity
Prospect
Favourite Team: North Bay Battalion

Post by Realpity » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:27 pm

BKarchitect wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:18 pm
Unread post

by BKarchitect » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Realpity wrote: ↑Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:34 am

See release notes above:

BKarchitect wrote: ↑Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Thanks, wasn't sure if it'd still run in the background and possibly pilfer players, that answers that !

TBIF
Junior League
Favourite Team: Canucks

Post by TBIF » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Couple odd balls:

If I have waivers set on my GM home screen, and click on the header, it crashes the game. Every single time.

I added last place "32" to Seattle under the club section. They don't currently have waiver priority.

L.A. is awful awful.

raipeh
Junior League
Favourite Team: FIN

Post by raipeh » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:36 pm

I'm getting random crashes to desktop when a month changes, usually at the start, or during Free Agency, or when a year change happens. I haven't been able to figure out the exact cause though, and it randomly seems to go away if I load up my latest save before the crash and try to continue normally. I'm only a couple of years deep in a save with an NHL team.

I've never had this issue with any of your databases, so I'm thinking there's something wonky with the newest, just can't pinpoint what it is exactly!

scafe18
Junior League

Post by scafe18 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:30 pm

BKarchitect wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:13 am
You can still use the draft file form the previous version - just scroll up the posts to the release before, the download link should still be active.
Hey I am just wondering what leagues I need to select to properly utilize the WHA and the ICC. I have won back to back titles with the Whitetails, signed guys like Tyler Ennis, Michael Dal Colle and Michael Hutchinson, but I have yet to play the ICC..

I was thinking just turn the KHL on, but now I am curious if I need all the European leagues on to get the Champions League going full bore. Confusion!

Thanks for your help!

Return to “Game Add-ons Forum”