Custom Start Date Patch & Retro Launcher: Questions & Errors

Want to ask EHM graphics questions, questions about a project or make requests for a project? Don't know what files go where? Are you working on a new addon or roster update? This is the place to discuss!
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Useful Links: Find your EHM 1 installation folder locationConverting an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1Logo sizesWhere to install add-ons
User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19424
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by archibalduk » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:05 pm

ehmfans wrote:Thanks archibulk, it works well!

I found a bug, when I start a fantasy draft, the game bugs when I click on next player(first overal), this might be because I play in french?

EDIT
I restarted and I found the problem, it's each time you click simulate to your team
I must admit that I don't think any of us thought of testing the fantasy draft. I'll need to look into this at some point in the future.

When you say "bug", do you mean that it crashes (i.e. it displays an error and exits to Windows)?

User avatar
ehmfans
Minor League
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Canada

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by ehmfans » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:41 pm

archibalduk wrote:
ehmfans wrote:Thanks archibulk, it works well!

I found a bug, when I start a fantasy draft, the game bugs when I click on next player(first overal), this might be because I play in french?

EDIT
I restarted and I found the problem, it's each time you click simulate to your team
I must admit that I don't think any of us thought of testing the fantasy draft. I'll need to look into this at some point in the future.

When you say "bug", do you mean that it crashes (i.e. it displays an error and exits to Windows)?
No it makes each team have no players and all the players are free agents.

User avatar
ehmfans
Minor League
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Canada

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by ehmfans » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:47 pm

I also found this other glitch, that makes you lose players and makes all the players under 25 years old, 25!

This is not a fantasy draft

Image

User avatar
Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 6331
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:01 am
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF
Location: Karlstad, Sweden

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by Manimal » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:33 am

I see nothing wrong with that screen shot other than that you haven't aged the players.
You should add five years to their age in the editor

ElPayaso
Junior League
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by ElPayaso » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi Archi!

You know about my problem and I would like to try some things but I have no clue what to do, so what do you want me to do?

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19424
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by archibalduk » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:57 pm

ElPayaso wrote:Hi Archi!

You know about my problem and I would like to try some things but I have no clue what to do, so what do you want me to do?
I thought we'd solved the problem? :-?

This is the last I heard: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... 25#p130825

ElPayaso
Junior League
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by ElPayaso » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:17 am

archibalduk wrote:
ElPayaso wrote:Hi Archi!

You know about my problem and I would like to try some things but I have no clue what to do, so what do you want me to do?
I thought we'd solved the problem? :-?

This is the last I heard: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... 25#p130825
Yeah, but Isn't there anything we can do to get it working in the patch instead of using ArtMoney?

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19424
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by archibalduk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:58 pm

ElPayaso wrote:Yeah, but Isn't there anything we can do to get it working in the patch instead of using ArtMoney?
Okay, I see what you mean. Here are some brief instructions (let me know if you need more detail):

1) Load EHM so that you're at the Opening Main Menu screen.

2) Load ArtMoney and select EHM from the drop down menu.

3) Click on the search button and enter 2006 like so:

Image

4) Click on the blue arrow to move all of the search results from the left hand side (the results section) to the right hand side (the editing section).

5) Now it's a case of selecting a couple of these values at a time (try in batches of 10), use Edit -> Set Value to 2011, go to EHM and click on the New Game button and then:
  • If the start year has changed then you need to exit EHM and try a smaller batch of values from the offsets you most recently edited.
  • If the start year has not changed, in EHM click on Cancel to return to the Opening Main Menu. Then repeat step 5 above.
In essence, we need to find which offset controls the start date. It will be a single offset. The offset is quite likely to begin with 07xx xxxx or thereabouts.

Make sure you keep a note of which ranges offsets you have changed because it can be easy to lose track.

Let me know if I haven't explained this very well.

User avatar
ehmfans
Minor League
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Canada

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by ehmfans » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Manimal wrote:I see nothing wrong with that screen shot other than that you haven't aged the players.
You should add five years to their age in the editor
Oh lol, thanks for the info! I didn't know. :-D

Is their a way to add 5 years to all the players in the same time or do I have to go on each player?

ElPayaso
Junior League
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by ElPayaso » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:35 pm

archibalduk wrote:
ElPayaso wrote:Yeah, but Isn't there anything we can do to get it working in the patch instead of using ArtMoney?
Okay, I see what you mean. Here are some brief instructions (let me know if you need more detail):

1) Load EHM so that you're at the Opening Main Menu screen.

2) Load ArtMoney and select EHM from the drop down menu.

3) Click on the search button and enter 2006 like so:

Image

4) Click on the blue arrow to move all of the search results from the left hand side (the results section) to the right hand side (the editing section).

5) Now it's a case of selecting a couple of these values at a time (try in batches of 10), use Edit -> Set Value to 2011, go to EHM and click on the New Game button and then:
  • If the start year has changed then you need to exit EHM and try a smaller batch of values from the offsets you most recently edited.
  • If the start year has not changed, in EHM click on Cancel to return to the Opening Main Menu. Then repeat step 5 above.
In essence, we need to find which offset controls the start date. It will be a single offset. The offset is quite likely to begin with 07xx xxxx or thereabouts.

Make sure you keep a note of which ranges offsets you have changed because it can be easy to lose track.

Let me know if I haven't explained this very well.
I tried the above and the start date never changed for me, not even when all the values was changed to 2011. When I change the value to 2011, the step is supposed to be 0 right?

User avatar
Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 6331
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:01 am
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF
Location: Karlstad, Sweden

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by Manimal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:39 pm

ehmfans wrote:
Manimal wrote:I see nothing wrong with that screen shot other than that you haven't aged the players.
You should add five years to their age in the editor
Oh lol, thanks for the info! I didn't know. :-D

Is their a way to add 5 years to all the players in the same time or do I have to go on each player?
In the editor, choose Tools - Change all staff ages and add on five years

User avatar
ehmfans
Minor League
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Canada

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by ehmfans » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:53 pm

Manimal wrote:
ehmfans wrote:
Manimal wrote:I see nothing wrong with that screen shot other than that you haven't aged the players.
You should add five years to their age in the editor
Oh lol, thanks for the info! I didn't know. :-D

Is their a way to add 5 years to all the players in the same time or do I have to go on each player?
In the editor, choose Tools - Change all staff ages and add on five years
great thanks!

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19424
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by archibalduk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 pm

ElPayaso wrote:I tried the above and the start date never changed for me, not even when all the values was changed to 2011. When I change the value to 2011, the step is supposed to be 0 right?
Yes the step should be zero.

The big difficulty is that if we cannot find the 2006 value then I can't modify the CSD Patch to change the start date. It relies upon being able to change the offsets rigth upon loading the game. It isn't programmed it to wait until you click on the New Game button in EHM. I can perhaps have a look in the near future to see whether any detection of clicking on the New Game button is possible, but if we cannot find the 2006 value from the Opening Main Menu then I can't use the CSD Patch in its current form.

I'm really sorry this isn't the news you want to hear. However, I will try and find a way to apply a modified version of the Patch by detecting when you click on the New Game button in game. But first I need to keep working on my history editor.

It makes me wonder whether the solution you've found for your version of the game (i.e. applying both the CSD Patch and the ArtMoney changes) would also work with the CD version. I can't remember whether I've already tried this with the CD version but it's worth me revisiting.

User avatar
ehmfans
Minor League
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Canada

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by ehmfans » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 pm

Quick question Archibalduk, do you want(in a long time)that this CSD patch has also the stats from 2006 to 2010?

User avatar
Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 6331
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:01 am
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF
Location: Karlstad, Sweden

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by Manimal » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:22 pm

ehmfans wrote:Quick question Archibalduk, do you want(in a long time)that this CSD patch has also the stats from 2006 to 2010?
That patch can't do it but we are working on adding it to the database in another way later on

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19424
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by archibalduk » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm developing an Editor which allows several users to add player and competition history to the database at the same time. It is almost complete and will be ready to be used for when Manimal's rosters come out. So as soon as Manimal's rosters are here, we will be able to start researching the 2006-2010 histories.

User avatar
ehmfans
Minor League
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Canada

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by ehmfans » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:05 pm

I could help with that

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19424
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by archibalduk » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:12 pm

ehmfans wrote:I could help with that
Thank you. The more the merrier. :)

I'll post a news item on the main home page when we're ready start the researching.

Myhthrell
Junior League
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by Myhthrell » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:18 am

I've been using the CSD for couple days now and I have to say that it's working very nicely most of the time, thanks for this great tool! =D>

Now, there seems to be something off with the way it recognizes if you have CD or eLicense version. Every now and then (I'd say every 5th time I start the game) the program thinks that I'm running CD-version (shown on the log) and it crashes when I press start new game button. Restarting CSD has fixed it (it recognizes eLicense version) so far.

I'm using standard 3.0.4 eLicense version (you don't even want to know how long it took to find the e-mail with key to re-license the game.. using some alternative exe's is just so handy sometimes :-p ).

Also, there are some databases which include "custom" .exe to fix stuff like amount of foreign players in russian leagues etc, I'm guessing they don't work so well with CSD?

User avatar
Alessandro
Olympic Gold
Posts: 2865
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:54 pm
Custom Rank: TBL Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Team Russia
WHL Team: Calgary Flames

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by Alessandro » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:36 am

There is no incompatibility between the old UUDB exe and the CSD patch

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19424
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by archibalduk » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Myhthrell wrote:Now, there seems to be something off with the way it recognizes if you have CD or eLicense version. Every now and then (I'd say every 5th time I start the game) the program thinks that I'm running CD-version (shown on the log) and it crashes when I press start new game button. Restarting CSD has fixed it (it recognizes eLicense version) so far.
Sorry, do you mean that the Patch or the game crashes?

Myhthrell
Junior League
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by Myhthrell » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:07 pm

The game, patch closes itself normally (or stays open).

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19424
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by archibalduk » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:29 pm

Is EHM only crashing when the Patch says that the CD version is detected? When the Patch detects the CD version, it doesn't apply any changes.

Myhthrell
Junior League
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by Myhthrell » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:58 pm

That's interesting. Of course, when trying to reproduce it, it won't show up.. but out of maybe 30 starts (fresh patch every time) I got once this very weird status on CSD:

Image

What was even more weird was that the game did not crash, instead it seemed to work pretty normally.

I'll try to catch it when the game actually crashes if it does show up again to see if it's exactly the same. I think it did say CD-rom version in the "EHM status" field too but I can't be sure.

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19424
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Post by archibalduk » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Ha that's typical luck! It never happens when you try to recreate it! :D

If you do catch it again, please do post a screenshot of the CSD Patch and we'll see what's going on.

The screenshot above shows that the Patch is unable to detect what edition and version of EHM you're running. It applies the normal patch anyway, but there's no guarantee it'll work. That's basically what the Patch is saying in that message in your screenshot.

Post Reply

Return to “Game Add-ons Forum”