Official 2013 NHL Regular Season Thread

Want to discuss any hockey related issues? Heard some interesting news? Watched a great game? Heard an interesting rumor or quote? Talk about it here! CONTAINS SPOILERS!
Danny
Stanley Cup Winner

Re: Official 2013 NHL Regular Season Thread

Post by Danny » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Pitt winners ? Meh, Iggy and a bunch of pylons. They're pretty good as a team and equally overhyped.
Rags are dangerous, wouldn't want to face them in round one. Jackets did well, I'm rooting for them to get in, just like the Isles.

Leafs feeling some heat all of a sudden ? Losing Lupul, teams behind them heating up, only 5 points ahead of the non-playoff pack ? Oh yes I can see them blowing it. Although I do kinda like that team.

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:14 am

Canucks beat Oilers 4 - 0 =D>

VENGEANCE IS SWEET! :joy:

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:20 am

Well I thought the game between the Bruins and the Habs would've been more exciting to watch seeing how important it was for both team. :thdn:

One post away from 5 000!!!!

Danny
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by Danny » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:07 am

Bruins games are boring this season, and the Habs didn't do anything but trap in the last two periods either. On top of that every goal was uglier than batdad's ass. So yeah, bad game. The game wasn't overly important, except to fans. NE winner might end up with the tougher match-up in the first round than the 4th seed, playoffs will be a crapshoot in this shortened season, just get in and go from there.

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:09 am

I'm sure the Bruins would prefer the ice advantage of the second spot. Anyone would want to.

5 000 posts!!! :-o :banana:

Danny
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by Danny » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:40 am

Maybe Jagr had some money on that game. :-# :-k

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:49 am

I'm surprised the Habs are playing so well considering what happened last season. I seriously doubt they'll make it passed the first round though :-p

Danny
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by Danny » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:17 pm

If they face the Rags they get bounced. But chances are NYR leapfrogs Ottawa and or Toronto for 5th or 6th place. I'd kinda like to see a Toronto vs Montreal match-up.

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:24 pm

The Rags always choke in playoffs and MTL kicked their butt in every game they played against them this season, except one I think. The Habs seems to be their nemesis this season. If they face the Leafs they will not past the first round.

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:07 am

WHY ARE THE LEAFS PLAYING GOOD?! O_O

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:29 am

Because they finally made some wise choices. Still not enough. :-p

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 am

philou21 wrote:Because they finally made some wise choices. Still not enough. :-p
Yeah... I'm starting to think the board shouldn't have fired Burke. Nothing against Nonis, he could turn out to be a decent GM, but Burke basically built the entire Leafs roster from ground up. It's that same roster that's getting the job done this season... they almost have just as many points as the Canucks.

Edit: Which I'm starting to think ISN'T a good sign for Vancouver, the team's on the decline lol

Danny
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by Danny » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Burkie wasn't a good fit with new ownership, the lack of success in recent years didn't help, but certainly wasn't the reason they got rid of him, just made the decision easier to justify in public. All of Burkie's guys got to keep their job, tells you everything.
I'm actually quite happy for the Leafs, as entertaining as it is to make fun of them the current team is very likeable. Honest, hard-working team playing with a lot of passion and energy. Canuckies will be fine, the window is still open. Playoffs will be a crapshoot, just get in saving as much energy as you can and hope to find the switch late April.

CeeBee
All-Star

Post by CeeBee » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Danny wrote:Burkie wasn't a good fit with new ownership, the lack of success in recent years didn't help, but certainly wasn't the reason they got rid of him, just made the decision easier to justify in public. All of Burkie's guys got to keep their job, tells you everything.
I'm actually quite happy for the Leafs, as entertaining as it is to make fun of them the current team is very likeable. Honest, hard-working team playing with a lot of passion and energy. Canuckies will be fine, the window is still open. Playoffs will be a crapshoot, just get in saving as much energy as you can and hope to find the switch late April.
and staying(getting) reasonably healthy. That goes for pretty much every team that wins the cup, in recent memory anyway.

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Well Kesler is supposed to be back this week. Gonna help a little bit probably.

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Canucks window still open? LOL...I am afraid that window was closed when they decided that Derek Roy was the answer to all their problems. They have a very immobile defense crew (they skate well in a straight line, but after that.....wow bad bad lateral). They have the twins completely underperforming and looking slower than ever, they have Kesler back sure...but what is the over under on him? 2 or 3 games??

And sorry but having to use Jannik Hansen and Chris Higgins as top 6 forwards? nope. One of the worst power plays in the league. Nope. Not an open window. I mean look at the stats..Toronto in a much tougher division and they only have 2 points less than Vancouver.

Sorry to all the fanboyz out there. but this team is going to get bounced and bounced early. At best...2nd round team.

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 am

batdad wrote:Canucks window still open? LOL...I am afraid that window was closed when they decided that Derek Roy was the answer to all their problems. They have a very immobile defense crew (they skate well in a straight line, but after that.....wow bad bad lateral). They have the twins completely underperforming and looking slower than ever, they have Kesler back sure...but what is the over under on him? 2 or 3 games??

And sorry but having to use Jannik Hansen and Chris Higgins as top 6 forwards? nope. One of the worst power plays in the league. Nope. Not an open window. I mean look at the stats..Toronto in a much tougher division and they only have 2 points less than Vancouver.

Sorry to all the fanboyz out there. but this team is going to get bounced and bounced early. At best...2nd round team.
UNLESS THEY PULL AN LA KINGS! 8-)

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Oh goody....another one of those Canuck fans. Yay.

As for pulling an LA Kings...not bloody likely. Cannot score. Kesler will be gone within the week, and the rest are you know....average.

When will Vancouver Canuck fans, who are not hockey fans BTW...they only care about the Nucklehead.....get their heads out of their you know what's and realize that their team is HATED for many reasons.,,,and most of them are truthful reasons.

1, Diving
2 whining
3 cheap shots
4. more whining
5. wimp out when challenged.
6. (at best) fanbase jealousy of the ability of the Twins.
7. LUONGO jeaulousy, but also justifiable with his smugness and his history.
8. Alain Vigneault smugness
9. Mike Gillis Smugness
10. ALEX BURROWS
11. MAX LAPIERRE
12 KEVIN BIEKSA
13 legitimate and jealous hatred of RYAN KESLER
14. TODD BERTUZZI
15. BRIAN BURKE

There are many many more reasons so many hate this team and organization (I am not saying I am one of them)...but the ULTIMATE and MOST OBVIOUS REASON for regular everyday people to hate the Vancouver Canucks?

The general perception of their fans. FANBOYZZZ who have no idea how to give credit to another team, and just think Canucks lost because of the refs. The Canuck fans take on the personality of their team as a whole, and are seen as a bunch of whiny, crybaby, loser KIDS. On the internet...known as NOOBS. Nothing is ever their fault. No responsibility for their on ice actions and their mouths is accepted. The smugness and arrogance of people like Vigneault, Kesler, Bieksa, and Gillis really causes the fans to act the way they do. Then they get perceived as idiots and only VANCOUVER FANBOYS

Oh yeah. the morons who riot *usually preceded by whining about officiating* every time the Canuckleheads lose.....yeah that is another reason.

Canuck fans need to get a grip and realize that others can do well too.

Calling out SWEET REVENGE...after beating Edmonton? Wow what an accomplishment. Next thing you know people will be planing a parade for when the Nuckleheads defeat Calgary and Colorado, and Luongo has to play against Philly and does not suck as bad as the sieve at the other end. :**

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:32 am

batdad wrote:Oh goody....another one of those Canuck fans. Yay.

As for pulling an LA Kings...not bloody likely. Cannot score. Kesler will be gone within the week, and the rest are you know....average.

When will Vancouver Canuck fans, who are not hockey fans BTW...they only care about the Nucklehead.....get their heads out of their you know what's and realize that their team is HATED for many reasons.,,,and most of them are truthful reasons.

1, Diving
2 whining
3 cheap shots
4. more whining
5. wimp out when challenged.
6. (at best) fanbase jealousy of the ability of the Twins.
7. LUONGO jeaulousy, but also justifiable with his smugness and his history.
8. Alain Vigneault smugness
9. Mike Gillis Smugness
10. ALEX BURROWS
11. MAX LAPIERRE
12 KEVIN BIEKSA
13 legitimate and jealous hatred of RYAN KESLER
14. TODD BERTUZZI
15. BRIAN BURKE

There are many many more reasons so many hate this team and organization (I am not saying I am one of them)...but the ULTIMATE and MOST OBVIOUS REASON for regular everyday people to hate the Vancouver Canucks?

The general perception of their fans. FANBOYZZZ who have no idea how to give credit to another team, and just think Canucks lost because of the refs. The Canuck fans take on the personality of their team as a whole, and are seen as a bunch of whiny, crybaby, loser KIDS. On the internet...known as NOOBS. Nothing is ever their fault. No responsibility for their on ice actions and their mouths is accepted. The smugness and arrogance of people like Vigneault, Kesler, Bieksa, and Gillis really causes the fans to act the way they do. Then they get perceived as idiots and only VANCOUVER FANBOYS

Oh yeah. the morons who riot *usually preceded by whining about officiating* every time the Canuckleheads lose.....yeah that is another reason.

Canuck fans need to get a grip and realize that others can do well too.

Calling out SWEET REVENGE...after beating Edmonton? Wow what an accomplishment. Next thing you know people will be planing a parade for when the Nuckleheads defeat Calgary and Colorado, and Luongo has to play against Philly and does not suck as bad as the sieve at the other end. :**
Canucks = GREATEST TEAM IN THE NHL! :-D

CeeBee
All-Star

Post by CeeBee » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:07 pm

geez Batdad.... didn't know you had such a hate for the Canucks :-(

Primis
Freeware Moderator

Post by Primis » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Jimmy Howard is about to sign a 6-year, $5.3m/yr contract with the Red Wings.

I'm shocked at some of the venom, coming from fans over it. Those claiming 6 years is "too long" seem to forget how the Wings develop goalies...

CeeBee
All-Star

Post by CeeBee » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:21 pm

It all starts with goaltending.....or ends with it. Almost a Luongo-esque contract tho. :-?

CeeBee
All-Star

Post by CeeBee » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Spose I should leave well enough alone but those 15 or so points Batdad mentioned really can be condensed into one or two. The rest of Canada's dislike for Vancouver/BC.... must be the weather or something and probably the success of the team. When the Canucks were a perennial basement dweller or playoff misser nobody outside of BC gave a rats ass about them. Every team that's any good has divers, whiners, more whiners, smug coach or GM( or whiners) smug fans, player or players that wimp out when challenged and players to be jealous of or hate... oh yeah.. the fans... especially the ones that have the fanboy label. The Canucks don't have a monopoly on them either. Just read the fan comments on assorted TSN hockey stories. Makes for some interesting reading I must say.

Primis
Freeware Moderator

Post by Primis » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:02 pm

CeeBee wrote:It all starts with goaltending.....or ends with it. Almost a Luongo-esque contract tho. :-?
For the record, it puts him at 10th in the league for goalie salaries, and 11th amongst goalie cap hits. I personally don't feel that's too much at this point given his body of work, and especially since Holland seems to have no interest in spending to improve the blueline. Other Wings fans seem to think it the end of the world though.

CeeBee
All-Star

Post by CeeBee » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:12 pm

I was thinking more of the length of contract but it seems thats what you gotta do these days.

Return to “Hockey Talk Forum”