Last game you've seen live?

Want to discuss any hockey related issues? Heard some interesting news? Watched a great game? Heard an interesting rumor or quote? Talk about it here! CONTAINS SPOILERS!
Shadd666
Super Mario
Custom Rank: Smiley Crazy Goodwill Ambassador!

Last game you've seen live?

Post by Shadd666 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:56 pm

New topic where everyone is invited to talk about the last game they've seen live. :) Please tell us a bit about the game ;)

Mine was this evening. The Toulouse Bélougas were fighting against the La-Roche-Sur-Yon Hogly in the first round of the French Cup. The two teams are usually fightning in the 3rd French division,called D2 (Elite / D1 / D2 / D3),in the south conference.

The game itself was even,both teams making mistakes and having great opportunities. But,as it's oftenly the case,goalies made the difference,and the Bélougas were downed on their ice by a score of 2-6 (1-0;0-5;1-1).

In the first period,Hogly's goalie thought a penalty had been called against the Bélougas,so he started to go to his bench,hesitates,and the Bélougas took the opportunity to score in the empty net! That was really funny! :-D

In the second third,big defensive mistakes cost 3 goals in the 10 first minutes,and the Bélougas were trailing 1-3. Then,the Hoglys made a lot of fouls,which lead the Bélougas to have a 5-3 man advantage during nearly 4 minutes! But there were no mistakes from La-Roche's goalie,and Toulouse didn't score. :( Then it was Bélouga's turn to be 3 against 5 opponents... and the Hogly score on the powerplay for a 4-1 lead. In the end of the third,Toulouse's goalie let a rebound on a slow wrister; the D-men were unable to take the rebound,but Hogly's forwards didn't miss that chance. So it was 1-5 after the second period,with no real hope to win this one.

The Bélougas changed their goalie for the third period. The team misses actually a lot of players,and has been forced to recall players from the reserve to just have 3 offensive lines and 2 defensive pairs,with forwards playing in defense... :cry: Players were more and more tired,and frustrated to don't score...and they took a 6th goal on a counter-attack. End of suspense. Bélouga's #44 Terry Prunier took 4 penalties in the third, two times for roughing. At the end of the game,Toulouse scored a second (and last) goal after a good play.

Of course,it's not the NHL,but heh! France is not really a hockey country! (which i strongly regret :()

Go Bélougas,go! :joy:

Minstrel
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Minty
Favourite Team: Chicago Blackhawks

Post by Minstrel » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:27 pm

My first game since '04 will be on the 12th as I'm goin to see the Hawks vs Preds, it's the second home game of the season I think, they play Columbus for the home opener iirc.

Shadd666
Super Mario

Post by Shadd666 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:37 pm

A NHL game...my lovely dream... :-o You can't realize how much i envy you on this one! :-x lol

I just hope it will be a good game ;) with a Hawks win! :-D

Please report here when you'll be back of the game :)

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:18 am

Ther last game I went to was last season. I saw the Bruins at home vs... I want to say it was the Lightning but I can't remember for sure. Toivonen was in net, so it must've been before he was injured. I can't remember exactly when it was. The Bruins lost but we still had a good time. My girlfriend got us the tickets as a birthday present to me (my b-day is at the end of December but we could've gone to the game a month or two later for all I know). She got us great seats!

keithv
Junior League

Post by keithv » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:09 am

The last NHL game I went to was Oilers vs Avs a few years ago in Edmonton. The Av's won 4-2 or some such score. A friend had an extra ticket so it cost me nothing :thup:

inSTAALed
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: Back From The Dead

Post by inSTAALed » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:13 am

Last game I went to?

Game 7 at the RBC Center where Brindy rose the cup high above his head. :joy:

Shadd666
Super Mario

Post by Shadd666 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:47 am

You've been to a game of the Finals? Wow! That must be really impressive to see that...

Remeber to post here guys next time you see a game live ;) And share with us your feelings about the game ;)

Cheers.

Edit: 300th post! :joy: Now i'm 10% of The Great One! :-D

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:09 am

I think the last game I saw was Manchester Storm v London Knights or Sheffield Steelers. I think it was the Knights game because it was the first time Rick Brebant had returned to the MEN Arena having just signed for the Knights. He got quite a booing to say the least. :-p

Azrael_Steelers
Junior League

Post by Azrael_Steelers » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:19 pm

Last night.. Sheffield Steelers vs Hull Stingrays.

Good game, not quite the roll over win we got from Manahestrer but 2-1 is still a win and we get the points to go 3rd in EIHL.

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:53 pm

Friday night...WHL. 1st time the expansion Chilliwack Bruins visited the Vancouver Giants in the Giant's barn. Giants 7 Bruins 1. 1st shift Milan Lucic runs Chilliwack's tough guy through the boards and pummels him in a fight. The farm boys from Chilliwack learn the city boys ain't no city weenies. :-D

Garret Hunt--resident Giant disturber, runs Bruins defensemen through the boards, proceeds to pummel two Bruins in scraps including a guy named Glennie (Am I the only one thinking "Toronto goal scored by #23 Brian Glennie") , score a goal and get a pretty assist. GORDIE HOWE hat trick!
And people thought the Giants would have trouble scoring...3 games and they have 20 goals (and have only given up 3). WOW!

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:14 pm

batdad wrote:Friday night...WHL. 1st time the expansion Chilliwack Bruins visited the Vancouver Giants in the Giant's barn. Giants 7 Bruins 1. 1st shift Milan Lucic runs Chilliwack's tough guy through the boards and pummels him in a fight. The farm boys from Chilliwack learn the city boys ain't no city weenies. :-D

Garret Hunt--resident Giant disturber, runs Bruins defensemen through the boards, proceeds to pummel two Bruins in scraps including a guy named Glennie (Am I the only one thinking "Toronto goal scored by #23 Brian Glennie") , score a goal and get a pretty assist. GORDIE HOWE hat trick!
And people thought the Giants would have trouble scoring...3 games and they have 20 goals (and have only given up 3). WOW!
Does you think Milan Lucic has the potential to be anything more than a goon? The Boston Bruins drafted him over the summer and IIRC, they used a fairly decent pick (3rd round maybe?) to select him.

inSTAALed
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by inSTAALed » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:48 pm

Shadd666 wrote:You've been to a game of the Finals? Wow! That must be really impressive to see that...

Remeber to post here guys next time you see a game live ;) And share with us your feelings about the game ;)

Cheers.

Edit: 300th post! :joy: Now i'm 10% of The Great One! :-D
I've been to all 5 in 2002 and all 7 in 2006. :)

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:52 pm

bruins72 wrote:
batdad wrote:Friday night...WHL. 1st time the expansion Chilliwack Bruins visited the Vancouver Giants in the Giant's barn. Giants 7 Bruins 1. 1st shift Milan Lucic runs Chilliwack's tough guy through the boards and pummels him in a fight. The farm boys from Chilliwack learn the city boys ain't no city weenies. :-D

Does you think Milan Lucic has the potential to be anything more than a goon? The Boston Bruins drafted him over the summer and IIRC, they used a fairly decent pick (3rd round maybe?) to select him.
Milan needs to continue to work on his skating. He is freaking huge, and one hell of a forechecker. Works really hard, and has some hands. Never gonna score 50 but he is (other than Hunt) the hardest worker on the Giants. If he keeps it up, he may one day be a decent 3rd liner in Beantown. But honestly, many here were surprised he went as high as he did. He only fights to set a tone. Not really a goon. Hits bloody hard though. He is a man amongst boys in the WHL.

Other than Cody Franson (Nas) he is probably the most improved Giant over the last couple of years. Takes big guys like them a little longer.
Last edited by batdad on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadd666
Super Mario

Post by Shadd666 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:53 pm

inSTAALed wrote:I've been to all 5 in 2002 and all 7 in 2006. :)
Lucky guy! :-D

I would be happy with a NHL game on TV,so i can't imagine how i would feel to be at a game of the Finals,with my favorite team on the ice... It must be something special... :)

inSTAALed
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by inSTAALed » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:06 pm

Shadd666 wrote:

I would be happy with a NHL game on TV,so i can't imagine how i would feel to be at a game of the Finals,with my favorite team on the ice... It must be something special... :)
Special indeed. :-D

I hope to do it again next year. :-p

Shadd666
Super Mario

Post by Shadd666 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:02 pm

inSTAALed wrote:
Shadd666 wrote:

Special indeed. :-D

I hope to do it again next year. :-p
I wish you this ;) Maybe for a Flames-Hurricanes Finals! :p

oxenhoper
Minor League

Post by oxenhoper » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:15 pm

The last game i saw Nottingham Panthers against Manchester Phoenix, 2-1 to the panthers but it would have been a much bigger scoreline apart fro manchester netminder Wolfe who played an absolute blinder. =D>

Best game in the uk i ever saw was the playoff final in 1994 Nottingham Panthers against bitter arch rivals the Sheffield Steelers at the wembley arena, a cracking game which to my dissmay sheffield won in a penalty shootout.

The most memerable were the two NHL challange games that were held at the wembley arena in 1993 and 1994.
1993 was Chicago against Montreal and 1994 was Toronto against New York Rangers. It was awesome to see nhl teams on UK soil. Someone please please bring them back.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:45 pm

batdad wrote: Milan needs to continue to work on his skating. He is freaking huge, and one hell of a forechecker. Works really hard, and has some hands. Never gonna score 50 but he is (other than Hunt) the hardest worker on the Giants. If he keeps it up, he may one day be a decent 3rd liner in Beantown. But honestly, many here were surprised he went as high as he did. He only fights to set a tone. Not really a goon. Hits bloody hard though. He is a man amongst boys in the WHL.

Other than Cody Franson (Nas) he is probably the most improved Giant over the last couple of years. Takes big guys like them a little longer.
Thanks for the scouting report! =D> I appreciate the info since he's a guy I was never very familiar with and seemed to come out of left field when they drafted him. I like that he's a hard worker. That's something you can't teach. You can develop his skills but a player either has character or he doesn't.

Gambit
Junior League
Custom Rank: El Editor

Post by Gambit » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:04 am

Playoff game between the Kings and Red Wings a few years ago.

My next game is going to be Saturday at the Staples Center :)

gbasalmon
Junior League

Post by gbasalmon » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:00 am

So I guess the Sabres' uniform unveiling doesn't count? In that case, a Sabres/Coyotes game last year. Yeah, it was a value level game...

inSTAALed
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by inSTAALed » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:05 pm

Banner Raising Night last night. :)

It's too bad we lost in a shootout but it was a great game between two of the top teams in the East.

Shadd666
Super Mario

Post by Shadd666 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:37 am

Yesterday i've seen the Toulouse Bélougas once again. This time it was for the championship, and the were fighting against Chambéry Elephants, actually the last team of our conference.

Toulouse put a high pressure all over the game, challenging their opponents in their own zone to expose their lack of technics and decision-making, resulting in many takeaways, interceptions and icings. But Toulouse's forwards struggled to play well when the puck gets close to the slot. As a result, many slaps from the point, and few strong occasions.

The power-play runs pretty well for Toulouse, with 4 goals on the man advantage (on about 10 PP situations). Two of those goals were big slapshots from the point.

Toulouse strongly dominated the game, being most of the time in the opponent's zone, but failed to create good opportunities to score, which resulted in 'only' 5 goals scored, when they could have 3 or 4 more.

Some defensive mistakes cost a lot, even if #45 Thomas Picavet made a good job in the net. But a breakaway and a power-play finished as goals for Chambéry, who scored a third goal at 3 seconds of the end of the game.

Toulouse finally won 5-3, but they had the level of play to put a 7-1 or something like that... It's still two good points taken :)

Now Toulouse is first of their conference :joy: But Nice is just one point behind with a game less.

Next saturday, Toulouse will play home against La Roche Sur Yon, the team that eliminated us in the French Cup first round by a score of 6-2... But this time Toulouse will have their full team! There's some revenge in the air...

eme
Minor League

Post by eme » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:42 pm

Last game i saw was the season opener in Sm-Liiga, HIFK vs Jokerit at Helsingin jäähalli, the one and only arena in helsinki ;p. Too bad we (HIFK) sucked in the game for the most part of 5on5 game, so eventually we lost 3-5.

I usually go to only few regular season games anyway, i'm saving my money (which i do not have too much) for playoff games.

And instaaled, just out of pure interest, how much do you have to pay for one stanley cup final game? Since i have a feeling they ain't too cheap tickets :-?

Shadd666
Super Mario

Post by Shadd666 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:03 pm

Tonight, the Toulouse Bélougas lost against La Roche Sur Yon :(

There was revenge on the air, as La Roche eliminated us in the first round of the french cup one month ago.

The first period was over-dominated by a faster La Roche team, but Bélougas' goalie Thomas Picavet made the needed saves, and Toulouse gets lucky leading 1-0 after 20 minutes.
As in the Cup game, line changes on the fly by La Roche oftenlly resulted with 6 men on the ice... but the refs never give 2 minutes for that. But they've seen the only time Toulouse was 6 on the ice on a flying change, and we conceded a goal on the following power-play. A penalty shot as also been awarded for La Roche where there was absolutely no foul. And when in the third a Toulouse player took an elbow in the face, voluntarily, spend 2 minutes down on the ice and lost a teeth, it was only a 2+10 penalty, while there was clearly intention to injure...and the ref was just in front! Strange ref decisions that cost us a lot, and finally the game. And i'm not that kinda guy who complains a lot about the refs, as i really respect them for their hard and necessary job (no ref = no game...).
La Roche was the better team on the ice, and would have win the game, but it's always frustrating when you loose because of bad ref decisions, furthemore when your team had the possibility to compensate their lacks and win the game with a hard work.

At the final buzzer, it was 8-5 for La Roche, who scored an empty net goal. But the main emotion is frustration, because the game was made by the refs mistakes, not by the players. :roll:

Next home again in 2 weeks against Nantes, the leader. There will be some action! :D

inSTAALed
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by inSTAALed » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:29 pm

Hurricanes 6 - 4 Lightning

Fastest 3 goals in franchise history (43 seconds apart).

Staal, Adams, Cole

1, 2, 3

Return to “Hockey Talk Forum”