The Blue Line

Last game you've seen live?

Want to discuss any hockey related issues? Heard some interesting news? Watched a great game? Heard an interesting rumor or quote? Talk about it here! CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Calv » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:52 pm

A meeting in Vienna the same day as game 3 of the EBEL playoff final in Vienna :-k
User avatar
Calv
Goalie....Sieve....!
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 4,392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:02 pm
Points: 58.83
Trophies:  2   2 

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Calv » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:17 am

Vienna won 7-5 with a late ENG. Pretty good game that swung one way then the other, until KAC ran out of gas in the final period.

Image
User avatar
Calv
Goalie....Sieve....!
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 4,392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:02 pm
Points: 58.83
Trophies:  2   2 

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Primis » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:26 pm

We attended the Kalamazoo WIngs ECHL home opener against Brampton last night. They held a FanFest prior to the game with player autographs, bounce houses, food & beer sampling, The Jack Adams and Clarence Campbell Trophies in a traveling HHOF exhibit, and live music from (yup) former goaltender Tom Askey's band.

I try to get up to Kalamazoo for a game any time I reasonably can. Been going to games there since the old original IHL days in the mid-1980's when it was AAA level. I don't know how much longer the market can support even AA caliber pro hockey, but I really appreciate being able to see good AA level hockey at a reasonable price in a reasonable (albeit pretty old now) venue where there is not a bad seat in the house.

I'm hoping to get to some NCAA Div. III games down at the newly launched Trine University's hockey program and arena as well.
User avatar
Primis
Freeware Moderator
 
Posts: 1,657
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 pm
Points: 16.57

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby philou21 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:55 pm

Won tickets for the Habs-Bruins game of yesterday. Pretty good game overall by MTL standard this season, except a part in the third period where they got dominated. It was fun!
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,219
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.26

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Manimal » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:40 am

I'm going to a game on Saturday. Färjestad against Örebro.
I haven't seen live hockey for over a year, I think.
A supplier at work is having an event so we're invited to food and drinks before the game as well
User avatar
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 6,204
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 am
Points: 206.09
Trophies:  4 

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby archibalduk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:39 pm

We managed to get tickets to see the Edmonton v New Jersey game in Goteborg next October. Hopefully there will be a Frolunda game the same weekend if the schedule works out in our favour...
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,873
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 199.96
Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Manimal » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:47 am

archibalduk wrote:We managed to get tickets to see the Edmonton v New Jersey game in Goteborg next October. Hopefully there will be a Frolunda game the same weekend if the schedule works out in our favour...


We gotta meet up!
I do not think the games are worth the enormous price so I won't go, but it would be cool to meet in person.

I doubt Frölunda can play at home the same weekend due to the NHL game being played on NHL-sized ice. They might play in a smaller arena, though, but my guess is they'll be on the road
User avatar
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 6,204
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 am
Points: 206.09
Trophies:  4 

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby archibalduk » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:57 pm

I'll let you know once we know exactly what we're doing. We're holding off booking flights and hotels until we know the SHL/Allsvenskan schedules. :thup:
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,873
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 199.96
Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Manimal » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:19 pm

archibalduk wrote:I'll let you know once we know exactly what we're doing. We're holding off booking flights and hotels until we know the SHL/Allsvenskan schedules. :thup:


That's cool.
You are welcome here in Karlstad. Only two and a half or three hour train ride from Göteborg. Perhaps Färjestad is playing.
I'll remember to remind you once the schedules are out
User avatar
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 6,204
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 am
Points: 206.09
Trophies:  4 

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Calv » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:01 pm

Manimal wrote:[
I do not think the games are worth the enormous price so I won't go, but it would be cool to meet in person.

The prices were quite high, thats why I wanted to make a trip of it and see a few local games. I'll be wearing my AIK t-shirt the whole weekend though :-p
User avatar
Calv
Goalie....Sieve....!
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 4,392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:02 pm
Points: 58.83
Trophies:  2   2 

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby CJ » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:04 pm

In November Florida will play Winnipeg in Helsinki. I would really like to go, but 90 Euros/110 USD/80 GBP minimum is way too much.
User avatar
CJ
Formerly jhcjobpb
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 3,390
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm
Points: 54.93

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Manimal » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Calv wrote:
Manimal wrote:[
I do not think the games are worth the enormous price so I won't go, but it would be cool to meet in person.

The prices were quite high, thats why I wanted to make a trip of it and see a few local games. I'll be wearing my AIK t-shirt the whole weekend though :-p


Good. We all need something and someone to laugh at :-D
User avatar
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 6,204
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 am
Points: 206.09
Trophies:  4 

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby philou21 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:34 pm

CJ wrote:In November Florida will play Winnipeg in Helsinki. I would really like to go, but 90 Euros/110 USD/80 GBP minimum is way too much.


Typical price for a game in Montreal! :-p
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,219
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.26

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Calv » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:53 pm

Manimal wrote:
Calv wrote:
Manimal wrote:[
I do not think the games are worth the enormous price so I won't go, but it would be cool to meet in person.

The prices were quite high, thats why I wanted to make a trip of it and see a few local games. I'll be wearing my AIK t-shirt the whole weekend though :-p


Good. We all need something and someone to laugh at :-D

:-D
User avatar
Calv
Goalie....Sieve....!
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 4,392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:02 pm
Points: 58.83
Trophies:  2   2 

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby CJ » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:45 am

philou21 wrote:
CJ wrote:In November Florida will play Winnipeg in Helsinki. I would really like to go, but 90 Euros/110 USD/80 GBP minimum is way too much.


Typical price for a game in Montreal! :-p

I can guess. But still it's sad for poor people like me.

I'm saving a lot just to get to a concert. Which is rare. But I'd rather see a famous artist than a regular hockey game for the same price... well they're cheaper even. :roll:
User avatar
CJ
Formerly jhcjobpb
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 3,390
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm
Points: 54.93

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby philou21 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 am

Don't worry. I do the same! :D
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,219
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.26

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby archibalduk » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Yeah the tickets are way overpriced IMO. For the same price you could see two group games in the World Championships. :\
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,873
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 199.96
Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Calv » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:18 pm

The price we paid for the game in Gothenburg is a pretty similar price to the Vancouver tickets for the Golden Knights game on 3rd April (5th row of the upper tier) that I'm going to. Probably better seats in Sweden.
User avatar
Calv
Goalie....Sieve....!
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 4,392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:02 pm
Points: 58.83
Trophies:  2   2 

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Calv » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:42 am

Great finish to the game this evening, and what an atmosphere. Managed to see the Sedin's final 2 games in Vancouver.

This was just after Daniel won the game.

Image
User avatar
Calv
Goalie....Sieve....!
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 4,392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:02 pm
Points: 58.83
Trophies:  2   2 

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby philou21 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Calv wrote:Great finish to the game this evening, and what an atmosphere. Managed to see the Sedin's final 2 games in Vancouver.

This was just after Daniel won the game.

Image


Amazing! I would love to be at a game with that kind of atmosphere and to notice a moment like that. :)
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,219
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.26

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby archibalduk » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:31 pm

Wow! The final moment of that game is a piece of NHL history that people will talk about for decades to come. Great timing with your trip to Vancouver! :-D

It doesn't really compare, but I'm now in Nottingham for the usual playoff finals weekend. I'm predicting a Cardiff v Sheffield final (and Cardiff probably winning it). The Sheffield v Nottingham semi-final game should be good, but I suspect the Cardiff v Fife semi will end up being pretty one-sided (at least once Fife start to tire).
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,873
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 199.96
Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby braeden » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:01 pm

I went to the Sedins last home game as well. I actually won a FREE ticket...

Best night of my life.


Image
braeden
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 pm
Points: 5.30
Trophies:  1   2

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Calv » Wed May 09, 2018 8:17 pm

Manimal wrote:
archibalduk wrote:I'll let you know once we know exactly what we're doing. We're holding off booking flights and hotels until we know the SHL/Allsvenskan schedules. :thup:


That's cool.
You are welcome here in Karlstad. Only two and a half or three hour train ride from Göteborg. Perhaps Färjestad is playing.
I'll remember to remind you once the schedules are out

SHL fixtures are out, looks like HV71 are playing at home on the Thursday prior to the NHL game so might try to get to that game, although is difficult with the timings of the flights, etc. I don't think the Allsvenskan fixtures are out yet, but flying to Copenhagen and taking in a Pantern game is also a possibility, before travelling up to Goteborg.

A final possibility is to fly into Arlanda and get the train to Gavle to watch Brynas and then travel over to Goteborg on the Friday.

edit: Just found possibily the best idea yet, taking in the Rogle - Malmo game. There's a direct train from Copenhagen airport that only takes about an hour and a half. :thup:
User avatar
Calv
Goalie....Sieve....!
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 4,392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:02 pm
Points: 58.83
Trophies:  2   2 

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby archibalduk » Wed May 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Yeah I think the Rogle game would be by far the easiest and cheapest. Then we can get the train from Angelholm to Goteborg the following day (i.e. the day before the NHL game). :thup:
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,873
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 199.96
Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Last game you've seen live?

Postby Manimal » Wed May 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Rögle - Malmö sounds like a good choice for you. That is a rival game down south.
Then an easy train ride to Gothenburg. A lot smoother travel than from Gävle, for example
User avatar
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 6,204
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 am
Points: 206.09
Trophies:  4 

Previous

Return to Hockey Talk Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests